Running Serm inverse to ADT??

ali11atc

Awards
Here is a question i really havent found a sure answer for or even the science behind it but im hoping this thread will shed some light..

I have been reading and told that it is best to start SERM (nolva) high and start ADT(RXT) low and taper the SERM down while increadint the ADT??

Has anyone tried this and what were there resutls?

Right now im going with what has been tried and tested and that is running my SERM (Nolva) along with my ADT (RXT) both high and tapering them both down..

What has anyone experienced or think is best?

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
This is how I do it.
Clomid 100mg X5 days
Nolva 40, 20, 20
Rebound 25, 50, 50, 75

I read some of Dr. D's posts regarding PCT and made the decision to follow the taper. I have not had itchy nipples nor any signs of gyno. I also take an AI while "ON" usually 1 cap of rebound.

Last edited:
Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
This is how I do it.
Clomid 100mg X5 days
Nolva 40, 40, 20, 20
Rebound 25, 50, 50, 75

I read some of Dr. D's posts regarding PCT and made the decision to follow the taper. I have not had itchy nipples nor any signs of gyno. I also take an AI while "ON" usually 1 cap of rebound.
Yup. Maybe a bit overboard on the SERM's (not that's is all that big of a deal) but otherwise, this is the right idea.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Estrogen only "rebounds" based on the mechanism of suppression. SERM, for example, only masks estrogen expression by occupying receptors but estrogen production is left unchecked and actually increases as testosterone levels increase. AI's like letro inhibit inducible enzymes and just like a leaky faucet, they body will eventually try to balance the equation with increased aromatase activity. Steroidal AI's like Teslac, Exemestane, and ReboundXT will not result in 'rebound' phenomena because the inhibition is non-competitive and irreversible. They act as false substrates, so aromatase is still happy to act on them (instead of androstenedione) and the body keeps no record of an imbalance. There is no leaky faucet. In fact, after prolonged use, steroidal AI's often produce a protracted anti-e benefit even after being discontinued. This is why I suggest an inverse taper with SERM and RXT for PCT with an abrupt stoppage of RXT at the end. As the SERM elevates androgen/estrogen production, the AI dose is increased to compensate while the SERM is phased out. It works quite well to use this approach and rebound is not encountered. Adding LX and/or DHEA also really makes for a killer PCT in this scheme. This is a typical example of my PCT:

wk1: Clomid 150mg/d, RXT 25mg/d, DHEA 200mg/d, LX 75mg/d
wk2: Clomid 100mg/d, RXT 25mg/d, DHEA 200mg/d, LX 50mg/d
wk3: Nolva 60mg/d, RXT 50mg/d, DHEA 200mg/d, LX 25mg/d
wk4: Nolva 40mg/d, RXT 50mg/d, DHEA 100mg/d
wk5: Nolva 20mg/d, RXT 75mg/d, DHEA 100mg/d
wk6: RXT 75mg/d, DHEA 100mg/d

Notice I phase the Clomid out and introduce the Nolva later. This helps prevent sides from developing from accumulation of estrogenic metabolites from the Clomid and also acts to minimize the use of Nolva, which is more liver toxic than Clomid. Rebound is very unlikely and estrogen biosynthesis will likely be significantly lowered for 3+ wks even after the end of this PCT. I do long ones, as you can see.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Estrogen only "rebounds" based on the mechanism of suppression. SERM, for example, only masks estrogen expression by occupying receptors but estrogen production is left unchecked and actually increases as testosterone levels increase. AI's like letro inhibit inducible enzymes and just like a leaky faucet, they body will eventually try to balance the equation with increased aromatase activity. Steroidal AI's like Teslac, Exemestane, and ReboundXT will not result in 'rebound' phenomena because the inhibition is non-competitive and irreversible. They act as false substrates, so aromatase is still happy to act on them (instead of androstenedione) and the body keeps no record of an imbalance. There is no leaky faucet. In fact, after prolonged use, steroidal AI's often produce a protracted anti-e benefit even after being discontinued. This is why I suggest an inverse taper with SERM and RXT for PCT with an abrupt stoppage of RXT at the end. As the SERM elevates androgen/estrogen production, the AI dose is increased to compensate while the SERM is phased out. It works quite well to use this approach and rebound is not encountered. Adding LX and/or DHEA also really makes for a killer PCT in this scheme. This is a typical example of my PCT:

wk1: Clomid 150mg/d, RXT 25mg/d, DHEA 200mg/d, LX 75mg/d
wk2: Clomid 100mg/d, RXT 25mg/d, DHEA 200mg/d, LX 50mg/d
wk3: Nolva 60mg/d, RXT 50mg/d, DHEA 200mg/d, LX 25mg/d
wk4: Nolva 40mg/d, RXT 50mg/d, DHEA 100mg/d
wk5: Nolva 20mg/d, RXT 75mg/d, DHEA 100mg/d
wk6: RXT 75mg/d, DHEA 100mg/d

Notice I phase the Clomid out and introduce the Nolva later. This helps prevent sides from developing from accumulation of estrogenic metabolites from the Clomid and also acts to minimize the use of Nolva, which is more liver toxic than Clomid. Rebound is very unlikely and estrogen biosynthesis will likely be significantly lowered for 3+ wks even after the end of this PCT. I do long ones, as you can see.
Wow NICE... this is now my standard. Id give you more rep D, but apparently I have to spread more around beforehand!! :rofl:

Adams

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
...Id give you more rep D, but apparently I have to spread more around beforehand!! :rofl:

Adams
Same here my friend! I wish I could re-rep more freely, but I think you can only do that after 10 in between. Anyway, thanks for the props. Give that PCT a try, it's tried and true. :)

ali11atc

Awards
Dr D...

Dr. D..

i liked the PCT you have developed.. But i would like you advice on mine that i will be using with a 3 week cycle of SD

My SD cycle will be a 10/20/20

PCT will be

Nolva 40mg/RXT 25mg/Reduce XT 75mg
Nolva 30mg/RXT 50mg/Reduce XT 50mg
Nolva 20mg/RXT 50mg/Reduce XT 25mg
Nolva 10mg/RXT 75mg/Reduce XT 25mg

I will also be taking fenugreek split dosages along with my safe guard supps throughout my PCT..

Any suggestions.. I personally think through all the research ive done that this will be a great PCT for a 3 week cycle of SD.. Im running my PCT one extra week and im running my RXT inverse to my nolva which will be a first time experiment for me.. I usually start both high and taper down..

Truck 44

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Dr.D thank you for the PCT outline, I think I will try this on my next PCT.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Dr. D..

i liked the PCT you have developed.. But i would like you advice on mine that i will be using with a 3 week cycle of SD

My SD cycle will be a 10/20/20

PCT will be

Nolva 40mg/RXT 25mg/Reduce XT 75mg
Nolva 30mg/RXT 50mg/Reduce XT 50mg
Nolva 20mg/RXT 50mg/Reduce XT 25mg
Nolva 10mg/RXT 75mg/Reduce XT 25mg

I will also be taking fenugreek split dosages along with my safe guard supps throughout my PCT..

Any suggestions.. I personally think through all the research ive done that this will be a great PCT for a 3 week cycle of SD.. Im running my PCT one extra week and im running my RXT inverse to my nolva which will be a first time experiment for me.. I usually start both high and taper down..
No, that sounds good to me. I have gotten away with much less of a PCT on SD only cycles at higher doses than that, so it looks very well planned to me. The fen is a great addition too. Also, if you have the cash and still haven't tried ActivaTe, do it! Not really necessary for your cycle, but makes PCT a much nicer experience all the way. Gains persist throughout PCT. I also agree with you starting the SD at 10mg the first wk, or at least the few 3-4 days. Makes for a smoother start IMO.

ali11atc

Awards
Dr. D,

I have heard of ActivaTE, but havent done much research on it.. What is the main purpose of having this in a PCT?

thanks.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
It normalizes SHBG and keeps free test high while still lowering estrogen. 24hr pumps, libido and strength gains are excellent during PCT. I love it. It's worth a try and I'm guessing that it will work for most people, very well. I will never do another PCT without it.

ali11atc

Awards
Dr. D,

do you think adding ActivaTE would be too much of an addition to my Current PCT.... (Nolva, RXT, Reduce XT)???

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Dr. D,

do you think adding ActivaTE would be too much of an addition to my Current PCT.... (Nolva, RXT, Reduce XT)???
No. It's more for those who have just finished a long cycle and may have trouble keeping the gains. Also, those that have been on high doses of non-orals during their cycle. It would make a very good base anabolic stacked with RXT for a "natural" cycle too. However, once you try it, you will see what I mean. In your case, you don't need it, but I have no doubt that it would still be helpful if you choose to use it. I wish DS had enough to send everyone at AM a free bottle! It's good stuff and I bet most of you would really like it during PCT.

Is anyone else not getting their thread subscription notifications? :blink: If I miss a question, just PM me because I'm not getting mine for some reason.

charliewat

Awards
How would you take the Activate? Do you take the same does all the way thru or peg it to one of the other PCT products?

gten79

Awards
Yeah how would you incorporate the ActivaTE and the Fenugreek into this PCT Dr. D?:type:

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I suggest it this way to incorporate into the above PCT scheme:

wk-1: ACT half dose
wk1: ACT full dose, fen 3 caps
wk2: ACT full dose, fen 4 caps
wk3: ACT full dose, fen 5 caps
wk4: ACT full dose, fen 6 caps
wk5: ACT full dose
wk6: ACT half dose

ACT definitely helps refresh the end of a stale cycle. I once started it 2 wks before PCT and that worked well too. I have used it 8 wks straight, but the pumps and libido effects died after 7 wks for me. Don't milk it too long, unless it's still working for you. In that case, go ahead and stay on it if you want. Some have told me it has worked past 2 months for them, I wish it had for me. For me, 6-7 wks seemed like a perfect rotation time, then 3-4 wks off before starting again.

With the fenugreek, it only works for 3-4 wks at a time and must be ramped every wk, then you must break for at least 2 wks to restore benefits. You can cycle fen 4on/2off or 3on/1off forever. I use Nature's Way or NOW caps (500-650mg/cap). I always include fen in PCT and from now on ACT too. ACT makes it so easy to keep gaining during PCT and the usual sides from the SERM are not evident. Try it and you will be a believer!

gten79

Awards
Awesome! Thanks Dr. D, this will now be my standard PCT for all of my future cycles until you dictate otherwise. :thumbsup:

Both Bobo and yourself are the reasons why I'm addicted to this board. You are a credit to this board and your profession.:clap2:

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
Awesome! Thanks Dr. D, this will now be my standard PCT for all of my future cycles until you dictate otherwise. :thumbsup:

Both Bobo and yourself are the reasons why I'm addicted to this board. You are a credit to this board and your profession.:clap2:
:goodpost: second that.

Rictor33

Awards
  • Established
What do you think of this?

Dr.D, this is my pct following your template in this thread. What do you think of this for after a 15 week 500enth/400eq cycle? Think it should be run a little longer?

Week 1:
• Clomid (at night) 150mg/day
• Rebound XT (morning) 25mg/day
• Creatine Ethyl-Extreme 5caps/day
• Activate 5caps 2x/day

Week 2:
• Clomid (at night) 100mg/day
• Rebound XT (morning) 25mg/day
• Activate 5caps 4x/day

Week 3:
• Nolvadex (at night) 60mg/day
• Rebound XT (split) 50mg/day
• Activate 5caps 4x/day

Week 4:
• Nolvadex (at night) 40mg/day
• Rebound XT (split) 50mg/day
• Activate 5caps 4x/day

Week 5:
• Nolvadex (at night) 20mg/day
• Rebound XT (split) 75mg/day
• Activate 5caps 4x/day

Week 6:
• Rebound XT (split) 75mg/day
• Activate 5caps 4x/day

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Rictor33,

That looks good to me. You'll know after 4 wks if it's going to work or not. If not, you can always extend it another few wks.

punta

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Rictor that PCT looks solid. I would run it longer but thats debateable.

Rictor33

Awards
  • Established
If I was to lengthen... Would you suggest I throw in an extra week of clomid @ 100mg/night and an extra week of nolva @ maybe 40 before I taper down to 20? That would put the cycle at 8 weeks in length....

punta

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If I was to lengthen... Would you suggest I throw in an extra week of clomid @ 100mg/night and an extra week of nolva @ maybe 40 before I taper down to 20? That would put the cycle at 8 weeks in length....
That sounds pretty good to me.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
That sounds pretty good to me.
:thumbsup: I normally go 8 wks too, with 8-16 wk cycles, using 3-4 wks Clomid. Unless hCG is used on cycle, then I can usually get away with 6 wks.

Rictor33

Awards
  • Established
How about adding fenu @ 3g/day. Would I see extra benefits from adding that or am I taking enough **** yet? :)

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
How about adding fenu @ 3g/day. Would I see extra benefits from adding that or am I taking enough **** yet? :)
You can always add fen (or trib). It's cheap, non-toxic, and gives an added synergistic dimension to any PCT

Rictor33

Awards
  • Established
even if I am already taking activaTe? Would the two have a synergistic effect or would it be a waste of money to combine the two? I'm gonna add ZMA @ night as well, should help a little bit...

charliewat

Awards
My first 10 days of SD nothing. My last 4 days have been golden though.

how does this look for 20/30/30 SD ?

PCT Plan
Nolva 40/30/20/10 Mornings
Rebound 1cap/2/3/ (optional 4)
Act 4caps for 4 weeks
Retain ??? 2caps for 4 weeks ???
Fenu 3caps/4/5

Is this to much, not enough or what ?

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
even if I am already taking activaTe? Would the two have a synergistic effect or would it be a waste of money to combine the two? I'm gonna add ZMA @ night as well, should help a little bit...
With the beta version (20caps/d) of Activate, it would really not be needed probably. It would still be of value with the new, concentrated version (4caps/d). I don't have the test results in front of me, but I know the sterol content of the new version was much lower. ZMA is another good addition. I use 50mg Zn Gluconate and 400mg Mg oxide every night, on or off cycle.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
My first 10 days of SD nothing. My last 4 days have been golden though.

how does this look for 20/30/30 SD ?

PCT Plan
Nolva 40/30/20/10 Mornings
Rebound 1cap/2/3/ (optional 4)
Act 4caps for 4 weeks
Retain ??? 2caps for 4 weeks ???
Fenu 3caps/4/5

Is this to much, not enough or what ?
It looks good to me. Maybe slight overkill, but that's OK.

stinkfist

Awards
Dr.D if someone were to use Novedex XT and Nolva, what would the PCT protocol look like? This would be for a 6 week cycle split between PP and SD.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
You can only ask so much of the man.

I think if you read the thread you could already figure that out no?

Nolvadex XT is essentially rebound right?

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Dr.D if someone were to use Novedex XT and Nolva, what would the PCT protocol look like? This would be for a 6 week cycle split between PP and SD.
I haven't used Nolvadex XT to be honest so I'm not sure. Like Jonesers said, I think it's a RXT knock-off, so probably a similar protocol as that.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ah hell, I might as well take advantage of such a great resource. My PCT for my 6wk Methyl-Plex/Prostan cycle

wk 1 - 40mg/day Nolva and 10mg/day Aromasin.

wk 2 - 30mg/day Nolva and 7.5mg/day Aromasin.

wk 3&4 - 20mg/day Nolva and 5mg/day Aromasin

Wks 1-4 - Green Buldge and White Blood Stack

Wks 1-4 - Retain

Wks 3-7 - Activate

Thanks, Dr. D.

I also have ATD on hand but I think the Aromasin and Novla should cover it. Thanks for any help.

stinkfist

Awards
I haven't used Nolvadex XT to be honest so I'm not sure. Like Jonesers said, I think it's a RXT knock-off, so probably a similar protocol as that.
I figured just as much, but thought I would ask anyways. Thanks for the response :)

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Ah hell, I might as well take advantage of such a great resource. My PCT for my 6wk Methyl-Plex/Prostan cycle

wk 1 - 40mg/day Nolva and 10mg/day Aromasin.

wk 2 - 30mg/day Nolva and 7.5mg/day Aromasin.

wk 3&4 - 20mg/day Nolva and 5mg/day Aromasin

Wks 1-4 - Green Buldge and White Blood Stack

Wks 1-4 - Retain

Wks 3-7 - Activate

Thanks, Dr. D.

I also have ATD on hand but I think the Aromasin and Novla should cover it. Thanks for any help.
Aromasin, as in examestane? I like the low dose, but you may even consider starting it up a few weeks prior to PCT. It all depends on how sensitive you are to the Plex.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yes sir, you are correct. I don't think I'm going to touch either before I start PCT. Could you explain to me why I may want to start this before PCT? This is my first cycle and I have no idea of how I'm going to respond.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Yes sir, you are correct. I don't think I'm going to touch either before I start PCT. Could you explain to me why I may want to start this before PCT? This is my first cycle and I have no idea of how I'm going to respond.
I started to get a touch of gyno at about the 4 wk mark of my first PP cycle. I used an AI the next time and it went smooth, so just a precaution. Others don't seem to be having many probs with it at all though.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Excellent. Did you start to get itchy nips? Are there any other signs?

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Excellent. Did you start to get itchy nips? Are there any other signs?
Yeah, itchies! That's the first sign I always get, about a week before they get sore or puffy. A few wks of Nolva knocked it right out before it got too far.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks Dr. D, I'll be sure to let everyone know how my Aramosin/Novla goes as its not a very popular PCT combo. At least here it is not.

THA GONZ

Awards
WOW,...There is definatly some great info in this thread! Much appriciated DR. D! This is def my new PCT also.

I have a quick question, Some people run Nolva at a low dose during cycle to prevent gyno, is it better to do that or only start the Nolva if gyno symptoms appear, and if I did run it through the cycle would it diminish the effect it has during the PCT you outlined??

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
... Some people run Nolva at a low dose during cycle to prevent gyno, is it better to do that or only start the Nolva if gyno symptoms appear, and if I did run it through the cycle would it diminish the effect it has during the PCT you outlined??
It's a controversial topic, but I say avoid it. Use RXT, letro or raloxifene for on-cycle gyno prevention, and save Nolva strictly for gyno abortion should it develop. If you use a SERM during the cycle, it definitely reduces it's test recovering ability during PCT. At least 4 wks is required between SERM uses before you can successfully rechallenge in my experience, 6-8 wks is better still. There also seems to exist a cross tolerance phenomena with Nolva and Clomid in this regard.

200wannabe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Dr D

It was talked about previously but what do you think of the purported SARM effects of ATD 'during cycle'. Do you feel a low dose of ATD during cycle helps to minimise suppression??

Thanks.

gten79

Awards
Dr D. Can this protocol for PCT be used for a short 3, 4 or even 8 week oral cycle (SD, PP, HD)? Or would it be too much? :blink:

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Dr D

It was talked about previously but what do you think of the purported SARM effects of ATD 'during cycle'. Do you feel a low dose of ATD during cycle helps to minimise suppression??

Thanks.
Yes. I have been experimenting for several months and there is certainly some truth to it. Been using 25-50mg RXT, and I love it! An anti-androgen will preserve LH surges better than an anti-estrogen, so it makes sense on paper too. I feel this is a great new weapon for on-cycle maintenance of test production and may help reduce the need for hCG during short and medium length cycles. My sex life has been very consistent on this cycle too.