prednisone revocery - AnabolicMinds.com

prednisone revocery

1. New Member

prednisone revocery

i just got off 2 weeks of prednisone for an allergic reaction i had. THat stuff blows every time ive been in the gym i feel like a wuss i cant lift as much as i used to and i get really sore afterwards. i imagine this is due to my raised cortisol levels. anyone have any info on how to lower cortisol or how to fix it?

2. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by theJmad
    i just got off 2 weeks of prednisone for an allergic reaction i had. THat stuff blows every time ive been in the gym i feel like a wuss i cant lift as much as i used to and i get really sore afterwards. i imagine this is due to my raised cortisol levels. anyone have any info on how to lower cortisol or how to fix it?
    Some good old meditation or time to yourself.

Some Lean Xtreme will do the trick, or some type of 7alpha/7beta hydroxy supplement

Adams
  3. Board Supporter

Prednisone is a potent glucocorticoid just like cortisol is. It doesn't raise cortisol, it takes the place of cortisol.

But are you off of it now? If you are off, there isn't much to be concerned about it.

If you are still on it, stick it out. Keep calories just above maintenance, keep sodium intake low, and accept a little fat gain.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

It can take many months for your adrenal corticoids to recover from Prednisone. Just ease back into your workouts slowly. I'm not sure that taking Lean Xtreme or cortisol lowering agents is the right thing to do here. Your adrenals get shut down by Pred so you want them to get back online ASAP and LX may inhibit this process.

My wife had some success using Rhodiola rosae after her 5 week pred cycle. It seemed to help with mood and endurance without messing with her adrenals. This is of course, purely anecdotal. Adrenals are a complex system.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Prednisone + muscle Loss
    By solarize in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-29-2007, 07:54 PM
  2. Prednisone Prescription
    By OCCFan023 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-12-2007, 05:22 AM
  3. Prednisone while on TRT
    By Rausch in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 8