Melatonin as an AI

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Check out this research, where melatonin, reservatrol and letrozole were added into breast adipose tissue in vitro.

As we know, aromatisation of testosterone to estrogen can occur at the aromatase enzyme in fat cells.

Both melatonin and reservatrol were found to act as aromatase inhibitors in this co-culture model, however, melatonin was 1000x more potent than reservatrol.

The most surprising finding here was that melatonin was equally as potent as letrozole!

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0887233314001040?via=ihub

Lets Discuss

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
hairygrandpa rtmilburn alphagainz SFreed CJNator HIT4ME wesb2387 Tank999 DennisTheDane Juicedeez utz BEAST73 Alpha1agreda LeanEngineer coltonwalker Brandinooooo Sparkss blueline438 lifted67 smith_69 rtmilburn FireTitan alphagainz ChocolateClen justhere4comm matt8483 ryane87 nostrum420 mmorso HIT4ME thebigt Dirty Dan Bmac63095 TNlifting BEAST73 Tank999 BloodManor angcd3 habajaba mmorso cwages TheMyth DemntedCowboy lukehayd thebigt Oconns28 jalfrey bloodnthunder jtmass Martyfnemec christ83189 GrizzleB BOSSMAN chedapalooza

Anyone wanna add info or discuss this

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
I call BS lol i dont have time to look at link but i will

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I call BS lol i dont have time to look at link but i will
Just something I read, and figured I get the input of everyone else. It looks interesting enough

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I enjoyed reading the abstract and would love to see more of the research. It's interesting that melatonin and resveratol would be used to help address breast cancer to say the least in this story. I've put this link in my folder for 'fitness and health' for future possible references.

Anything that can be anti-cancerous and help with excessive aromatase in the presence of testosterone would have health benefits with fewer sides, the better.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I enjoyed reading the abstract and would love to see more of the research. It's interesting that melatonin and resveratol would be used to help address breast cancer to say the least in this story. I've put this link in my folder for 'fitness and health' for future possible references.

Anything that can be anti-cancerous and help with excessive aromatase in the presence of testosterone would have health benefits with fewer sides, the better.
Thats what I was thinking as well

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Upping my melatonin from 15mg a night too 50mg

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I read somewhere if you mega dose Melatonin 500mg , Creatine 50g and VAR you will maximize your ability to stay sleeping for 20 hours straight.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I read somewhere if you mega dose Melatonin 500mg , Creatine 50g and VAR you will maximize your ability to stay sleeping for 20 hours straight.
That sounds awesome. Wonder if I go high enough I can sleep 24/7

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Do you notice anything at 15 mg?

I dont have time to read the study right now but I've recently been researching melatonin a lot and I think it is highly under rated.

Examine has an entire section on melatonin being an aromatase inhibitor. I am guess that the people conducting the study above injected the melatonin/resveratrol. Both ingredients have interesting effects, but resveratrol does seem to be plagued with such low bioavailability that it may be a lost cause in a lot of people's eyes.

Even without the AI benefits though, I would take melatonin. I originally took it just for sleep and found that all of the store bought pills came in 3 mg. 500-1000 mcg seemed to be much better for sleep so I was there for a while. But with mu recent research I have increased that to 10 mg a night because I think it has a lot of other benefits for health.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

I dont have time to read the study right now but I've recently been researching melatonin a lot and I think it is highly under rated.

Examine has an entire section on melatonin being an aromatase inhibitor. I am guess that the people conducting the study above injected the melatonin/resveratrol. Both ingredients have interesting effects, but resveratrol does seem to be plagued with such low bioavailability that it may be a lost cause in a lot of people's eyes.

Even without the AI benefits though, I would take melatonin. I originally took it just for sleep and found that all of the store bought pills came in 3 mg. 500-1000 mcg seemed to be much better for sleep so I was there for a while. But with mu recent research I have increased that to 10 mg a night because I think it has a lot of other benefits for health.
The study was on injectable but if taken orally at a high enough dose could it work as an AI like the study shows

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The study was on injectable but if taken orally at a high enough dose could it work as an AI like the study shows
I don't know. It seems aromatase decreases melatonin levels and given the fact it seems to lower aromatas, I would imagine aromatase and melatonin regulate each other with aromatase binding directly to melatonin maybe?

According to examine, things that increase aromatase (smoking) will decrease melatonin levels as well.

If you could run blood and take high dose melatonin it would be very interesting to see.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I don't know. It seems aromatase decreases melatonin levels and given the fact it seems to lower aromatas, I would imagine aromatase and melatonin regulate each other with aromatase binding directly to melatonin maybe?

According to examine, things that increase aromatase (smoking) will decrease melatonin levels as well.

If you could run blood and take high dose melatonin it would be very interesting to see.
I may have to do it... I have blood work coming up in October

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I read at one time that high doses of melatonin was actually bad for you in some way..... I just can't remember why they were saying that. I'm thinking that it was for being on cycle and having negative effects on the gear to make it less effective. Not that anyone in here is ever on gear.;)

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hmm... I think this is one of those cases where a whole organism and a tissue sample just, well, aren't the same thing.

If this worked out in vivo, anyone who took 5mg of melatonin every night would likely have low estrogen symptoms. Also, if it wasn't orally bioavailable in vivo, it wouldn't knock your ass out, so, even high oral dosing would, I suspect, be ineffective.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I wake up easier and very mellow in the morning. Been dosing 15mg nightly for a while. I use a sleep aid a few timed a week and add extra melatonin to hit 15mg. Other nights just 15mg a night solo

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Hmm... I think this is one of those cases where a whole organism and a tissue sample just, well, aren't the same thing.

If this worked out in vivo, anyone who took 5mg of melatonin every night would likely have low estrogen symptoms. Also, if it wasn't orally bioavailable in vivo, it wouldn't knock your ass out, so, even high oral dosing would, I suspect, be ineffective.
yup.

I've taken melatonin off and on for years, and can't say I've had bloodwork to test my E2 levels specifically (I never noted when I was on it when I did bloods), but I haven't noticed low E2 while on it, vs while off of it.

FWIW, I've also never seen the resveratrol research pan out as an anti-aromatase either, so take that for what it's worth....