HCG only pct?

Fcs81

Fcs81

Awards
Didn't pct properly after prohormone. E2 is at 9.1. Testosterone is 367, FT test is 17, and LH/FSH are both 3.3. My E2 is clearly to low which I think I did with to much AI. My doctor wants to start me on hcg only to bring up E2 and testosterone. But from what I understand it will shut down my LH when I stop. Will LH eventually start back up after hcg is stopped?

S

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
hCG PCT will work. Leydig cell shutdown is the rate-limiting factor in PCT, not the HPG-axis. The HPG-axis usually bounces back quickly (4-6 weeks) unless 19-nor compounds were used (up to 6 months or more).

E2 control is crucial when running hCG, or HPG-axis shutdown will persist due to negative feedback inhibition.

Fcs81

Fcs81

Awards
With my E2 being so low I don't think my doctor was concerned about it getting to high. It's actually a reason he wants me on the HCg to bring it up. The low E2 sides have been hard to deal with. I'm am on very low dose hcg. Thank you for your feedback. Anymore advice is appreciated.

S

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
I have chronically low E2 as well, with a high-normal T level. To say it's awful is putting it mildly... T is garbage without E.

I take toremifene daily just to add additional "good" estrogen to my system. hCG was my favorite for this, but I had to IM inject daily (sc hCG just doesn't work for me) to maintain E2 around 30, instead of 12 where I normally sit.

Fcs81

Fcs81

Awards
Lol it is awful. I was thinking of adding the natural serm rebirth to get levels up as well. Not sure how that will mix with the hcg. Just want to come off everything all together when levels come back.

S

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
Lol it is awful. I was thinking of adding the natural serm rebirth to get levels up as well. Not sure how that will mix with the hcg. Just want to come off everything all together when levels come back.
If hCG is working for you, keep at it. SERMs can be risky as they can actually catalyze the destruction of estrogen receptors.

I'll probably go back on hCG at some point, the daily 250 iu IM injects are just annoying as hell, even with a 29 ga 1/2" insulin syringe. The cortisol boost from hCG is nice, too.