Got minor gyno, no idea how

HunterHunted

Awards
Long story short, no history of childhood gyno. Have ran plenty of cycles with proper protocol (PCT, Nolva, Support Supps.) Half a year after my last cycle, noticed pain behind the nipple. Felt around and noticed a lump.

Went to the doctors, ran bloods, anti-cancer regime, followed by a surgeon/oncologist consult. Everything is normal, even prolactin levels.

Luckily, the pain it's causing will have surgery covered under insurance according to the surgeon.

Anyone run into a similar situation?

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Long story short, no history of childhood gyno. Have ran plenty of cycles with proper protocol (PCT, Nolva, Support Supps.) Half a year after my last cycle, noticed pain behind the nipple. Felt around and noticed a lump.

Went to the doctors, ran bloods, anti-cancer regime, followed by a surgeon/oncologist consult. Everything is normal, even prolactin levels.

Luckily, the pain it's causing will have surgery covered under insurance according to the surgeon.

Anyone run into a similar situation?
did you run an AI, or have bloodwork done around that time?

jpadworski

Awards
This actually happened to my friend he hadn't run a cycle for years and mysteriously got gyno. His doctor said some men get it as they age and their hormones start to fluctuate. I have also heard after gaining weight fat increases aromatase activity causing gyno. Did you get fat?

ALX393

ALX393

Awards
Woah woah woah.. do you mean to say that if you "tell" the doctor that your having some "pain" and if your insurance covers it you can pretty much have a free gyno removal? ??. . .

HunterHunted

Awards
Woah woah woah.. do you mean to say that if you "tell" the doctor that your having some "pain" and if your insurance covers it you can pretty much have a free gyno removal? ??. . .
Yep, apparently if the pain is significant enough (ie. pain when rolling over in sleep) they'll try to run it through insurance since it's no longer "cosmetic" and affects quality of life.

HunterHunted

Awards
This actually happened to my friend he hadn't run a cycle for years and mysteriously got gyno. His doctor said some men get it as they age and their hormones start to fluctuate. I have also heard after gaining weight fat increases aromatase activity causing gyno. Did you get fat?
I was heavy a few years ago and lost the weight. Could it have cropped up then, and grew till now? Maybe.

Most the doc said was he has no answer to why it cropped it, everything is normal in bloods. He said they're starting to find more and more products / conditions that can cause gyno including prescription medications