Training during PCT?

Studdscruggs

Studdscruggs

Awards
I've heard a lot of conflicting info on this topic from don't train the first week of pct to drop to training 3 times a week during pct due to lower hormonal levels when hoping off. I have also heard about training just as hard as being on.

They both make sense to me. I trust this forum more than any others. Any insight swoljas?

My cycle is also fairly mild. Ostarine and Epiandro for 8 weeks.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
Keep training just as hard as you can during PCT as you did whilst On Cycle.
Maybe back off a little on the volume OR intensity, as you won't be recovering as effectively as you were whilst On Cycle. You made gainz and you've gotta train hard to keep them.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
<- Leaning out, and making gains while in PCT. Getting plenty of rest for recovery as well though.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I train just as hard in pct, if not harder

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I train just as hard in pct, if not harder
Same, you need to continue to stimulate that new muscle until its mature... otherwise your body sees no use for it other than it requiring more energy to maintain (which your body naturally doesn't want)

Studdscruggs

Studdscruggs

Awards
Same, you need to continue to stimulate that new muscle until its mature... otherwise your body sees no use for it other than it requiring more energy to maintain (which your body naturally doesn't want)
That only sounds right if your hitting your natural potential. When you get off cycle your hormones are out of wack, cortisol is up, recovery is down, and CNS is diminished. Why tear down something more than the body can handle especially during a precious time as pct.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That only sounds right if your hitting your natural potential. When you get off cycle your hormones are out of wack, cortisol is up, recovery is down, and CNS is diminished. Why tear down something more than the body can handle especially during a precious time as pct.
I trained my ass off after epistane and kept 16.5lbs out of 18.5lbs of what I put on

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Use cortisol control like Invictus from Iron Legion like I am. Stacking it with VII-KT. I'm gaining muscle on PCT, losing fat and having a baller time.

Exotherm is bolstering my IGH-1/GH and giving me that extra I think. At least one side of it tells me this. I'm hungry all the time but suppressing that with the Incinderine.

I still eat clean and like I mentioned before and in my log. Feeling stronger.

Cheers!

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
When on cycle I do 12-20 reps for basic lifts and a lot of assistance work. When PCT, I try to do the same weight at 5-8reps to keep strength up with very few assistance work. After PCT I go to 10-15 reps and add more assistance work

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
When on cycle I do 12-20 reps for basic lifts and a lot of assistance work. When PCT, I try to do the same weight at 5-8reps to keep strength up with very few assistance work. After PCT I go to 10-15 reps and add more assistance work
Why do you significantly lower your volume, once you start PCT? Probably the worst possible time to do that...

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
Why do you significantly lower your volume, once you start PCT? Probably the worst possible time to do that...
In order to keep lifting the same weight when on cycle. If I try to be at 12-20rep range I will have to lower significantly the weight. If I drop weight and leave reps the same, wouldnt this not challenge the muscles any more?