Low T from the beginning? HELP with advice please and reassurance.

misterwister1

Awards
Long story short, single injection of about 200mg test cyp. then a month later 100mcg of triptorelin to restore hormones which probably was completely unnecessary and probably was saline or something else anyway. Then a month after that 3 days worth of nolva which was stopped a few days ago. Is a blood test worth it? 19 yo. PROBABLY had low t from the beginning considering I haven't had morning wood in years until I injected the T. basically I only injected the T once because I realized it wasn't for me

slggtstrength

slggtstrength

Awards
Not exactly sure what you're asking. But I think you definitely should have thought about what you were doing much harder than you did before starting.

I mean, if you think low T is an issue you have, of course blood work will always answer your question. Now some people here might not say you'll have low T at 19... I did. Of course it took a good 2.5 years to find a doctor willing to work with me.

If it's truly an issue and concern to you, always get blood work and a doctor.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You need to get bloodworm done. Obviously it's bothered you for awhile and you've wasted time and money so far. Get on track with your primary, get the tests ordered and examine the results to move forward. No other ways around it at this point

misterwister1

Awards
thanks for your input. I'll talk to a doctor

misterwister1

Awards
How would one approach asking their physician about this? Tired and fatigue/ not feeling masculine or? Just unsure how to mention it. I feel like they'd shrug it off and say oh it's just depression.

slggtstrength

slggtstrength

Awards
Well, I had a group of side effects that come along with low T. Just like you wanting to feel normal. I went to a doctor here that specializes in it. Went to a few to see which I liked most. That's your best bet. Not only was I looking for a doctor for this specific condition, but one that would be my primary care.

There's plenty of men's health doctors popping up. Look for a few by you and visit with all of them. Discuss what you're feeling with them, what you'd like to get from treatment and what treatment route you'd like to try first.

misterwister1

Awards
Again thanks for the reply. If my T levels were low before (which I presume they were) then they're even lower now. I can't imagine the triptorelin was real. If only the test. Cyp had been fake. Then it couldn't have shut down whatever little production my body makes. I don't think it was placebo that I felt better after that one injection.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Again thanks for the reply. If my T levels were low before (which I presume they were) then they're even lower now. I can't imagine the triptorelin was real. If only the test. Cyp had been fake. Then it couldn't have shut down whatever little production my body makes. I don't think it was placebo that I felt better after that one injection.
Just a few observations.

Don't be a *****. Be direct with the doctor. "I really think I have low testosterone, I want to get a blood test for it"

If your levels were low before, they're unchanged now by a single injection of cyp.

It probably was placebo that you felt better. Erections aren't entirely based on hormones, most of it is mental.

if your insurance or doctor won't cover it, Private MD Labs will let you get a total testosterone plus free testosterone test for $92 (and there are coupons floating around)

and the main one

NOBODY DAMN WELL SHOULD DO ANY SORT OF CYCLE OF ANYTHING HORMONAL WITHOUT GETTING BLOODWORK FIRST AND AFTER

misterwister1

Awards
It was a dumb decision I know. Can't change it now though. I feel emotionally like a 13 year old girl. I just go from being in an iffy mood to downright bitchy. I know there are other reasons for erectile dysfunction and I CAN get it up. I was just pointing out that when I woke up the second day after T I had morning wood- which by coincidence I haven't had in years. Not figuratively but literally. I didn't have a huge libido increase or anything. Just felt more rested in general. Is that indicative of low T would you say? I'll have blood work to be sure but is that what you would conclude from well basically just anecdotal stuff?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
see it could be high estrogen (with still high T) or high prolactin, or god knows, low vitamin D even. Low T is the easy one to point a finger at, but that doesn't mean it's the culprit. I'm not saying its not, but it often is something else. Which is why self medicating is a bad idea, without at least knowing your baselines.

What's your sleep like? that can have a pretty high effect on both the way you feel as well as hormone levels

misterwister1

Awards
Yep. It was incredibly stupid to self medicate. But do you think the levels are back to baseline by now? Maybe? I injected it around mid May, I wanna say before the 17th of May. so its been about 9-10 weeks at least. And a month after the testosterone was the triptorelin, but that was probably fake. Do you think that it was? I mean it was probably mannitol but I'm not sure. I think the tamoxifen was real but I only took it for 3 days and realized I don't want to screw with my body anymore. My sleep isn't interrupted or anything, usually 8 hours, never less than 6 though.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
from a single injection of 200mg? levels were probably back to normal by 3 weeks later

misterwister1

Awards
thanks. Just hope that if its just depression or something, that I didn't completely screw myself by using the triptorelin. Or do any damage to my natural levels in the future. maybe ill get on depression meds.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's worth looking into. Welbutrin is a pretty nice choice to start with to see if it helps, maybe 300mg of extended release or 150 2x a day of non extended. The big plus to it is that it doesn't make sexual function worse, like many SSRIs do