Taper or pointless?

walter1332

Awards
Hey I am coming to the last few weeks of my 12 week test prop cycle taking 100 eod and eventually working up to 150 eod. I am wondering if I should start tapering down to help potentially lead into a smoother pct or will this not make much of a difference, or confuse my hormones even more?

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
Taperring down is not recommended, you are already shutdown. Finish strong and start PCT after 2-3 days of last pin

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Taperring down is not recommended, you are already shutdown. Finish strong and start PCT after 2-3 days of last pin
This. I am sure some old school guy will come in here and tell us how "everyone tapered back in the day with no PCT and they turned out fine" though lol

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do not see the point of tapering. Your shutdown, period.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Only 2-3 days for test prop before pct? Since you pin EOD, adding an extra day before starting pct is too soon. I'd wait 7 days. This is based on my research, not real life experience (yet)

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
Only 2-3 days for test prop before pct? Since you pin EOD, adding an extra day before starting pct is too soon. I'd wait 7 days. This is based on my research, not real life experience (yet)
Ideally you want to start PCT at halflife's ester. For prop is 3 days. I believe its better to "waste" a few PCT pills starting sooner than letting test levels drop low and then trying to up them.

Personally Im planning to start PCT on day 10 although test e halflife is 14days (with pregnyl of course till day 10)

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ideally you want to start PCT at halflife's ester. For prop is 3 days. I believe its better to "waste" a few PCT pills starting sooner than letting test levels drop low and then trying to up them.

Personally Im planning to start PCT on day 10 although test e halflife is 14days (with pregnyl of course till day 10)
What is your dose of HCG? I prefer 250iu ED for a 21 day run pre, pct.

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
What is your dose of HCG? I prefer 250iu ED for a 21 day run pre, pct.
I will do 3days a week test e of 180mg each day so based on that I will pin HCG 180iu 3days week. Last ten days before PCT I will increase to at least 500iu/day, maybe 1000iu. Thats how I have figured it out

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd be cautious running high doses daily

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
I will seriously consider your advice. Till May I have plenty of time to make up my mimd