Test boosters and clomid

Sss23

Awards
  • Established
Question regarding clomid. Basically it's known that people will take natural test boosters for a slight increase in strength, muscle mass etc. what I don't understand is that clomid has bee proven to significantly raise T levels much more than a natural test booster. But whenever I search about clomid everyone says it's not meant to build muscle or increase gains, just for pct to restart natural production. I don't understand if it significantly increases test which is the point of natural test boosters why wouldn't it be the best test booster ever and have muscle growth effects?

ral

ral

Awards
I used clomid for 2 months to experiment. I been lifting for 20 years natural. I'm 40 now. 215 lbs 5 11;. No labs I just wanted to experiment and go by how I felt, I know it's not the best way to do it but I live an extremely busy life and seldom miss work outs. I like the old school mentality, work hard and no fancy stuff. My pre workout is coffee and post work out protein and bcaas. No ac at the gym and little heat in the winter (I live in Canada) I believe that training hard under any circumstances builds discipline. The reason I tried clomid is because I wanted to experiment (like I said before). After doing some research I decided to try 12.5 m/w/f. I did not notice anything the first 2 to 3 weeks but I knew that I had to be patient. These are the results after those initial 2-3 weeks:

-better sleep

-increased appetite

-slight increase in strength

-recovered a lot quicker (this impressed me)

-same weight more muscle definition

-no water retention

-better mood (people noticed)

-a bit more energy

-a bit less fat around the waist

-testicle size increased

-sex drive was the same but recovery time was down

Sides:

-a bit of pain on one testicle the first weeks every now and then but I expected that.

-I got a bit of blurred vision but only a couple of times it went away on its own.

Over all it was pretty good, I liked it. I stopped the treatment because I had a prostate infection unrelated to the clomid (just in case) I still have some left, if I was to do it again I probably would do 10 m+f instead of 12.5 m/w/f , mainly because I would use it for recovery, I'm sure I'll get some gains but recovery and being able to go to the gym the next and perform at high intensity is what I'm after. I also would cycle it, 1 month on 2 off mainly so the body doesn't get used to it and the month that I'm on it I can use it to recover and heal up. Again I'm not as good as other people here with labs and stuff I just try to go by how I feel and its the first thing I try. By the way when I stopped using it I did not feel anything,I truly believe that with clomid less is more, a lot more. I hope this helps

ral

ral

Awards
I posted this before, I just and pasted it. Let me know if you have any questions if I can help you I'll do it gladly if not I'm sure some of the more experienced and qualified guys here might be able to help you

Sss23

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the feedback, exactly what I was looking for

ral

ral

Awards
Glad I can help, always keep in mind that everybody is different and might get different results and side effects. My body responds well to it to the point that I see a bit of a difference even using 12.5 mgs once a week!

Sss23

Awards
  • Established
I agree I've been experimenting myself with 6.25 mg EOD and I feel like my libido is higher, muscles are more defined.. Without any side effects really.. I think the 50-100mg dose in PCT is waaaay too high

ral

ral

Awards
Yes that amount is a lot I would never touch that much. I truly believe that at a low dose and cycling it properly clomid one of the best kept secrets, it's cheap, no sides (and if you do have sides you stop taking it and they go away) me personally only do it for 5 weeks straight then stop for 5-7 weeks or 5 weeks on a few times a year. I'm not looking for steroid like results just want a boost to heal up and continue training, I am happy with just that.

espana32

espana32

Awards
Could you take Clomid with an herbal based test booster?

Rocinante

Awards
Sure you could. I have a test booster that I like, and I take it with androsta, which is a pretty mild aromitase inhibitor, as opposed to a SERM like clomid. I feel good on the combo. I think an AI would be better than a SERM. It prevents the test you produce from converting to estrogen. SERMs just block the effects of estrogen

Raptor3

Awards
Can anyone tell me what the proper dosing is for clomid for pct?

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Question regarding clomid. Basically it's known that people will take natural test boosters for a slight increase in strength, muscle mass etc. what I don't understand is that clomid has bee proven to significantly raise T levels much more than a natural test booster. But whenever I search about clomid everyone says it's not meant to build muscle or increase gains, just for pct to restart natural production. I don't understand if it significantly increases test which is the point of natural test boosters why wouldn't it be the best test booster ever and have muscle growth effects?
partially, because no pharm company is selling clomid to BBers, whereas plenty of supplement companies know how to hype their OTC products.

also, while SERMs do increase testosterone, LH and FSH, they also tend to raise E2, SHBG and decrease IGF1. how much they affect those respective hormones various among the different SERMs....

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/post-cycle-therapy/288103-info-serms.html

Rocinante

Awards
Those effects are certainly true of Clomid. Nolva is a much better SERM than Clomid. It doesn’t have the same negative effects and can actually increase LH, and igf 1. But either way I think an AI should come before a SERM

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Those effects are certainly true of Clomid. Nolva is a much better SERM than Clomid. It doesn’t have the same negative effects and can actually increase LH, and igf 1. But either way I think an AI should come before a SERM
no, it doesn't increase IGF1. and clomid also increases LH, and appears to a much more effective in raising testosterone, as well.

the link I posted has a ton of data on various SERMs.

an AI can be effective, but kinda needs the user to have high E2 levels in the first place.....