Is Post-Cycle just delaying the Inevitable?

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
Saw an interesting YouTube video today from the guy on "Raw TV" who stated something interesting in regards to Post Cycle Therapy. Does Post Cycle Therapy just delay the crashing from coming down on Testosterone or does it truly rebound the HPTA axis to recover normal testosterone levels? Since dabbling with Steroids in my younger 20's my testosterone levels never returned to prior use levels. Even with taking proper post cycle therapy after AAS use. I'm on TRT now and am very thankful for it otherwise my life would be incredibly depressing, wouldn't want to touch a weight or touch my girl. I may have been genetically predisposed with this however, many professional bodybuilders just bridge from cycle to cycle and know inevitably they will need to be on Hormone Replacement Therapy.

My opinion, are we sending the wrong message with Post Cycle Therapy, is the true reality there inevitably will be some if not major consequences to ever getting natural testosterone levels recovered again from taking an exogenous hormone source? Again, due the fact there are so many inadequate doctors out there on the subject it won't ever be researched enough to know any better. I really feel as if the human body is very complex and honestly feel if its HPTA is shutdown its incredibly hard for it to ever recover.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There is always the chance that recovery won't happen, but PCT is designed to increase the chances and speed up the process of returning to previous levels. Some people return without any PCT and others never recover. It is the gamble you take.

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
Yes, but what is the explanation behind some come back and some don't, is it the organs themselves, is it genetics????

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yes, but what is the explanation behind some come back and some don't, is it the organs themselves, is it genetics????
Biggest factors would probably be genetics and what the cycle consisted of and for how long they ran it.

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
Yeah for me running Deca at 400 mg a week for 10 weeks and pct did me in on my third cycle. Even helped contribute to mild adrenal fatigue

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
Man doctors have confirmed testosterone decreases with age due to the pituitary not signalling as much LH response corresponding with secondary hypogonadism.

Shasow

Shasow

Banned
Awards
Biggest factors would probably be genetics and what the cycle consisted of and for how long they ran it.
Another big factor are those people do it all wrong. Anytime I've seen someone complaining of issues its because they didn't do proper research and have a proper plan.

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
Problem I encountered which made me never return to AAS was a trusted source screwed me with bunk sustanon. I did my research with combining a test base with Decca just didn't know I had bunk carp. Had every Deca side there is and then I never returned to good levels even with good post cycle.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Another big factor are those people do it all wrong. Anytime I've seen someone complaining of issues its because they didn't do proper research and have a proper plan.
That too! I've lost count of how many people post that they've already started running something or they post their plans and 20 people tell them it's a bad idea, but they run with the 1 person who says to do it.

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
Again biggest problem is that it was made illegal the black market ruins lives.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That is opposite from the truth. Most people will recover even without PCT. It just would take 6-12 months and you would lose all your gains and more.

SquatsAndOats

Awards
That is opposite from the truth. Most people will recover even without PCT. It just would take 6-12 months and you would lose all your gains and more.
It's so individual it's crazy. I have friends who don't pct and feel ****ty for a week then are fine, don't get blood work, don't use AIs and say their doses in MLs not mgs, and don't know the science behind it but keep their gains. I think people who cycle for years and wonder why they don't have the test they had when they're 25 a decade later and blame ass are ignorant.

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
Well unfortunately in my case Deca was extremely harsh on my system and its known to be extremely suppressive. Who would have thought after recovering from two prior test base cycles the third cycle would leave me at age 26 with permanent hypogonadism.

SquatsAndOats

Awards
Well unfortunately in my case Deca was extremely harsh on my system and its known to be extremely suppressive. Who would have thought after recovering from two prior test base cycles the third cycle would leave me at age 26 with permanent hypogonadism.
How permanent? Have you tied hcg, and other methods like Triptorelin? I would go through all those before trt but thats just me.

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
Yes have done the hcg and Clomid route never triptorelin however being 31 not hopeful ill get off TRT

SquatsAndOats

Awards
Yes have done the hcg and Clomid route never triptorelin however being 31 not hopeful ill get off TRT
Im not saying there are risks, but if I were your age and with my viewpoint I would buy some trip from an RC or if you can get a better connect, and do a 100mcg shot then do a power pct. The studies on hcg to restore hpta was done over 3 months with just hcg if I remember correctly. Just some food for thought

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's so individual it's crazy. I have friends who don't pct and feel ****ty for a week then are fine, don't get blood work, don't use AIs and say their doses in MLs not mgs, and don't know the science behind it but keep their gains. I think people who cycle for years and wonder why they don't have the test they had when they're 25 a decade later and blame ass are ignorant.
Love when people say their doses in mLs. It's halarious.

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
Im a unique case for sure. My adrenals will never be 100 percent as well. Hormone balance gets tough as he'll when you get older.