Cortisol Levels Post Cycle

dhehyo

Awards
There doesn't seem to be a lot of information/studies on post cycle cortisol levels. I know there are many opinions such as starting a cortisol blocker week 3 of pct to not addressing it at all. Any scientific studies, cortisol level knowledge or personal experiences you guys can share? My cycle is a 6 week run of 1 Andro and EpiAndro. Pct will be low dose clomid/nolva. I have reduce xt, but I'm just wondering if it's even necessary. Thanks in advance.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
There doesn't seem to be a lot of information/studies on post cycle cortisol levels. I know there are many opinions such as starting a cortisol blocker week 3 of pct to not addressing it at all. Any scientific studies, cortisol level knowledge or personal experiences you guys can share? My cycle is a 6 week run of 1 Andro and EpiAndro. Pct will be low dose clomid/nolva. I have reduce xt, but I'm just wondering if it's even necessary. Thanks in advance.
Personal experience: I always run it starting at least week 2 and a little past my serm. I ran without in my first two pct's and neither of them was nearly as "easy" (one was a straight nightmare) as the ones since. Can't put numbers or hard facts to it, but I know that its a staple for me.

Obviously, the cycle and the diet/training will impact this a lot as well. If you're running a cutting cycle especially, I wouldn't go without it. Cortisol spikes when you diet hard anyways, so throw in jacked up hormones and woof.. rough days.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
AAS suppresses cortisol so it makes sense that in PCT is rebounds to higher than normal levels.

Chevy

Chevy

Awards
If your trying to save money you could just take 3g Vitamin C ed instead.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
AAS suppresses cortisol so it makes sense that in PCT is rebounds to higher than normal levels.
Yup. You also don't need both Nolva and clomid for your cycle. It's so mild one of those is more than enough. Even if it's low doses.

smashthewall

Awards
Vitamin c reduces cortisol? I had never heard that before. I got some reduce xt on hand for my current cycle. The way I see it if you pay the money for pro hormones you might as well spend a little extra to ensure you can keep your gains after

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Vitamin c reduces cortisol? I had never heard that before. I got some reduce xt on hand for my current cycle. The way I see it if you pay the money for pro hormones you might as well spend a little extra to ensure you can keep your gains after
Yup. I always go all out during PCT for that exact same reasoning.

Dose the Reduce XT first thing in the morning, 4 hours later, then last dose either post workout or pre bed.

dhehyo

Awards
Thanks for the advice on the dosing Warbird. Just curious as to why nobody uses the Power PCT program anymore considering it is one of the few studies that actually exist.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the advice on the dosing Warbird. Just curious as to why nobody uses the Power PCT program anymore considering it is one of the few studies that actually exist.
link?

demonfox

Awards
  • Established
this is what i found so far. this study was done by Dr. Michael Scally. im posting this cause i found it very informative and i will definitely implement this for my cycles

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2425/44150132.jpg

they actually revised the protocol to HCG: 2000iu for 20 days administered eod; nolva 20mg twice daily for 45 days

and this was the study that was done

Methods

An uncontrolled study of 19 HIV-negative eugonadal men, ages 23 ? 57 years, administered testosterone cypionate and nandrolone decanoate for 12 weeks, and then were treated simultaneously with a combined regimen of human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) (2500 IU/QODx16d), clomiphene citrate (50 mg PO BID x 30d) and tamoxifen (20 mg PO QD x 45d), to restore the HPGA.

Results

Mean FFM by DEXA increased from 64.1 to 69.8 kg (p<.001); percent body fat decreased from 23.6 to 20.9 (p<.01); strength increased significantly from 357.4 lb to 406.4 lb (p=.02). No significant changes in serum chemistries and liver function tests were found. HDL-C decreased from a mean value of 44.3 to 38.0 (p=.02). Mean values for luteinizing hormone (LH) and total testosterone (T) were 4.5 and 460, respectively prior to androgen treatment. At the conclusion of the 12-week treatment with androgens the mean LH <0.7 (p<.001) and total testosterone was 1568 (p<.001). The mean values after treatment with the combined regimen were LH=6.2 and testosterone=458.

he also goes on to say about usage of AI in pct

I now strongly believe that an AI should be used as long as there is an aromatizing compound being administered. In this case Testosterone and HCG aromatize therefore using an AI until these meds clear is now what I am recommending. There is some evidence that adding Nolva to an AI does not increase the effectiveness of estro control therefore Nolva has no real advantage alongside an AI unless one is experiencing gyno. Additionally Nolva has been shown to reduce IGF-1 and GH levels. This is not a big deal on cycle as testosterone increases IGF-1 in a dose dependant relationship. However off cycle this is a problem. PCT is a fragile time and lower IGF-1 and GH levels is not desireable as I am sure you can appreciate. The last few days I have been relooking at AI's to find one that is specific to men that can be used on cycle and during PCT. It is my conclusion that Aromasin is the obvious choice.

Aromasin (Exemestane) is a Type-I aromatase inhibitor, or suicidal aromatase inhibitor. It?s called this because it lowers estrogen production in the body by attaching to the aromatase enzyme, and permanently deactivating it. (1)

Personally, I find this to be a very interesting mechanism of action when compared to type-II aromatase inhibitors, which bind competitively to the aromatase enzyme, and eventually unbind, rendering it active again. In the case of Aromasin, this doesn?t happen, and once it does its job on the enzyme, those particular enzymes will no longer function.

Because the enzyme is permanently deactivated there is no estrogen rebound with Aromasin. Estrogen rebound at this critical time during PCT is undesirable so using Arimidex would be inferior. Therefore I believe Aromasin is the AI of choice during PCT.

dhehyo

Awards
Thanks for posting this...I didn't have enough posts to insert the link.

I've ran this PCT twice and came back great both times. That's why I asked why people never reference it anymore.