Is it absolutely necessary to run an AI with Raloxifene?

conkertheking

Awards
  • Established
Trying to get rid of some old gyno, my doc prescribed me Raloxifene which I've been sitting on for some time. I have a nagging feeling I've read that ralox is no good for reducing existing gyno without running a simultaneous AI, but is this true? And without an AI, will there be nasty sides from the SERM since it's known to increase both testosterone and estrogen, even if it blocks some estrogen receptors?

My doc doesn't really believe in AIs for this so I'd be going down the OTC route, just don't want to do anything until I have as much info as possible. If it turns out I need an AI I'd try and order some Formeron (not sure how easy it is for them to ship to Ireland but we'll see) or try the new Erase Pro.

Thoughts?

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
In for info...

stann123

stann123

Awards
Running ralox solo at 120mgs a day and its reducing pubertal gyno. Form would be a good ai to run

conkertheking

Awards
  • Established
Running ralox solo at 120mgs a day and its reducing pubertal gyno. Form would be a good ai to run
My script is for 60mg / day for 3 months to see how I respond, are you currently running an AI as well or just the ralox on its own? Any side effects to speak of?

stann123

stann123

Awards
My script is for 60mg / day for 3 months to see how I respond, are you currently running an AI as well or just the ralox on its own? Any side effects to speak of?
Ralox on its own, no sides I know of

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
No you don't need an AI. The reason people use AIs is because then you are fighting the gyno in two different ways.

I also ran ralox at 50mg for 3 months and got rid of my gyno. I know the studies used way more ralox but I was poor.

stann123

stann123

Awards
No you don't need an AI. The reason people use AIs is because then you are fighting the gyno in two different ways.

I also ran ralox at 50mg for 3 months and got rid of my gyno. I know the studies used way more ralox but I was poor.
Not really expensive if you find a good source

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Not really expensive if you find a good source
Didn't feel like dropping $150 on ralox. I was running letro as well so 50mg was fine for me.