Interesting Nolva Dosing Info

iBulk

iBulk

Awards
Hey guys-

Hopefully I'm not posting something that all you Tamoxifen users already know but I found this interesting-

"The distribution half-life of tamoxifen citrate is 7-14 hours. Now if the half-life is let's say 10 hours, and the next administration of tamoxifen is not for another 24-hours, then there won't be much tamoxifen circulating to compete with estrogen now will there?

Why even bother taking it as a single dose, when you can just divide it evenly, thereby preventing any significant fluctuations?

The normal dose of tamoxifen citrate for the treatment of breast cancer is 10-20 mg twice a day, by mouth. Initial recommended doses are 10 mg twice a day followed by increases to 20 mg twice a day in one month if no response is evident. Higher daily doses (80 mg) have not generally resulted in greater improvement when used to treat breast cancer.

The use of higher doses (40 mg) per day of tamoxifen citrate in a woman with metastatic breast cancer to the lung resulted in higher anti-tumor effect. Oral doses of 20 to 40 mg per day and two divided doses are recommended for the treatment of patients with advanced breast cancer and as adjuvant therapy.

Increasing the dose to 90 mg daily may produce better response rates in postmenopausal patients with refractory breast cancer. It has shown that dose adjustments are not needed in mild to moderate renal failure."

Thoughts?

I'm starting my first cycle in a few weeks and I'm probably gonna dose it twice a day unless someone talks me out of it for some reason.

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
Hey guys-

Hopefully I'm not posting something that all you Tamoxifen users already know but I found this interesting-

"The distribution half-life of tamoxifen citrate is 7-14 hours. Now if the half-life is let's say 10 hours, and the next administration of tamoxifen is not for another 24-hours, then there won't be much tamoxifen circulating to compete with estrogen now will there?

Why even bother taking it as a single dose, when you can just divide it evenly, thereby preventing any significant fluctuations?

The normal dose of tamoxifen citrate for the treatment of breast cancer is 10-20 mg twice a day, by mouth. Initial recommended doses are 10 mg twice a day followed by increases to 20 mg twice a day in one month if no response is evident. Higher daily doses (80 mg) have not generally resulted in greater improvement when used to treat breast cancer.

The use of higher doses (40 mg) per day of tamoxifen citrate in a woman with metastatic breast cancer to the lung resulted in higher anti-tumor effect. Oral doses of 20 to 40 mg per day and two divided doses are recommended for the treatment of patients with advanced breast cancer and as adjuvant therapy.

Increasing the dose to 90 mg daily may produce better response rates in postmenopausal patients with refractory breast cancer. It has shown that dose adjustments are not needed in mild to moderate renal failure."

Thoughts?

I'm starting my first cycle in a few weeks and I'm probably gonna dose it twice a day unless someone talks me out of it for some reason.
A compounds half life doesn't mean there is no more of the compound in your system. There is still half of the initial dose. Think of it like that. Basically everyone on this forum and many others have been dosing nolva 20/20/10/10 full dose Every morning and we haven't had many issues. But do what you feel is best.

iBulk

iBulk

Awards
That makes sense, I'm sure you're right. Thanks for the input!

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
That makes sense, I'm sure you're right. Thanks for the input!
There can be no harm in splitting doses. Just inconvenience. That's why I don't do it. No problem man. Good luck.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
There can be no harm in splitting doses. Just inconvenience. That's why I don't do it. No problem man. Good luck.
totally agree.

Id just dose once, but twice is fine if you really want to.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I think if u were using it as an anti-estrogen on cycle, splitting the dose would work better. I actually plan to do just that with 5mg X 2 daily.

As a PCT ancillary, it may not make much difference how u dose it.