Lifting during PCT

wake_me

wake_me

Awards
I read you need to lower the volume and the length of training during pct, due to the condition of your system. I've been doing that, into week 2 of PCT now. What I am wondering is if you generally wait the full 4 weeks of PCT before going back to normal routine, or do you slowly increase it back to normal lifting volume in say week 3 or 4? thanks

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
naw man... you should be lifting heavy as possible!!! most users experience a climb in strength during PCT even setting PRs. by not lifting heavy and hard you watching your gains go out the window imo.

wake_me

wake_me

Awards
naw man... you should be lifting heavy as possible!!! most users experience a climb in strength during PCT even setting PRs. by not lifting heavy and hard you watching your gains go out the window imo.
I read you should be lifting heavy as you can, with lower reps and limiting your time in the gym to about 45 minutes and sticking to basic compound lifts. Is that incorrect?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I second this. You've gotta lift as hard/heavy or more then you did on cycle. Your body naturally wants to go back to "normal" (its previous state) so you have to "force" it to maintain what you just tricked it into building. Keep intensity/volume/weight high but just make sure you're eating enough to properly recover. That's the real difference between on and off cycle is the improved nutrient partitioning and recovery that the gear allows. When you're off, you just have to eat more to get the same effect since your body just isnt as efficient.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
add some mass gains to your PCT protocol and hit the gym like your on cycle.. frankly you should always do this except during a deload or injury.

themayor

themayor

Awards
I'm in PCT right now, and am killing it even more in the gym, why? cause pre work out LOL also lethargy is gone too! LOL Seems like I have more willpower too!

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Unless you increased your volume a **** ton for you cycle keep training the same.