Cortisol Levels

amazz1020

Awards
How worried should i be about my cortisol levels after a 4 week epi cycle? Is adding a supplement for cortisol levels to my pct important?

infraredline

Awards
How worried should i be about my cortisol levels after a 4 week epi cycle? Is adding a supplement for cortisol levels to my pct important?
Not super worried. If it gives you peace of mind get something like reduce xt or a cortisol blocker to take

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
Some swear by using them I would just get some reduce xt, you cant go wrong with SNS products. They are cheap and they work so why not.

amazz1020

Awards
Some swear by using them I would just get some reduce xt, you cant go wrong with SNS products. They are cheap and they work so why not.
Ill look into it its been exspensive to cycle after buying a good pct and all support products so im seeing if this.is really worth it i heard upping vitamic c would work good

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Vitamin C is excellent for Cortisol control, and very inexpensive.

You may want to look up the "Cortisol Connection" website for a list of supplements.

amazz1020

Awards

You may want to look up the "Cortisol Connection" website for a list of supplements.
Thank u very much man ill check it out

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards

Vit c is not nearly as effective as reduce Xt.
And it's not even really "excellent" for cortisol control...I doubt it would even make a noticeable different in cortisol levels.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Vit c is not nearly as effective as reduce Xt. And it's not even really "excellent" for cortisol control...I doubt it would even make a noticeable different in cortisol levels.
I understand your conclusion.

I have had tremendous benefit from Vitamin C.

If the OP is interested in doing so, please Google Cortisol and Vitamin C. You will see a wealth of information, including double-blind definitive studies.

The Cortisol Connection website lists several supplements. I take several of them.

Here is what that site has to say about Vitamin C:

Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, is a water-soluble vitamin needed by the body for hundreds of vital metabolic reactions. As a dietary supplement, vitamin C is consumed by more people than any other vitamin, mineral, or herbal product. Good food sources of vitamin C include all citrus fruits (oranges, grapefruit, lemons) as well as many other fruits and vegetables, such as strawberries, tomatoes, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, peppers, and cantaloupe.As a dietary supplement, vitamin C is generally regarded as a potent antioxidant and is typically consumed for the prevention of colds, stimulation of the immune system, promotion of wound healing, and to ward off some of the detrimental effects of stress. Because of the wide variety of reactions in which vitamin C plays a role, many claims are made about its value as a supplement. Perhaps the best-known function of vitamin C is as one of the key nutritional antioxidants, whereby it protects the body from free-radical damage. As a water-soluble vitamin, ascorbic acid performs its antioxidant functions within the aqueous portions of the blood and cells, and it can help restore the antioxidant potential of vitamin E (a fat-soluble antioxidant).As a preventive against infections such as influenza and other viruses, vitamin C is thought to strengthen cell membranes, thereby preventing entrance of the virus to the interior of the cell. Support of immune-cell function is another key role performed by vitamin C and one that may help fight infections in their early stages. The combined effects of cellular strengthening, collagen synthesis, and antioxidant protection are thought to account for the multifaceted approach by which vitamin C helps to counteract stress and maintain health.In two separate studies about vitamin C supplementation (1,000–1,500 mg per day for one week), ultramarathon runners showed a 30 percent lower cortisol level in their blood when compared to runners receiving a placebo. In another study of healthy children undergoing treatment with synthetic corticosteroids, 1 gram (1,000 mg) of vitamin C, consumed three times a day for five days, resulted in significantly lower cortisol levels compared to healthy children given a placebo. In a study of lung-cancer patients, a dose of 2 grams of vitamin C, given daily for one week prior to surgery, was able to bring elevated cortisol levels (resulting from the surgery) back to normal ranges in a significantly shorter period of time compared to patients receiving a placebo.It has been shown in numerous animal and human studies that even a subclinical deficiency of vitamin C (that is, a deficiency small enough not to produce results detectable by the usual clinical tests) will result in an elevation of plasma cortisol levels. In studies of various laboratory and livestock animals, even a marginal vitamin C deficiency produced a significant increase in plasma cortisol levels and an inhibition of immune function, both of which were reversed by adding vitamin C back into the diet. These suboptimal levels of vitamin C, and their resulting elevation in cortisol, may account at least in part for the immune-system suppression and mild depression observed in elderly volunteers. In one study, thirty elderly volunteers (ten women and twenty men) were given 1 gram of vitamin C daily for sixteen weeks. Results showed a significant decrease in serum cortisol in both groups, as well as a significant improvement in various parameters of immune function.Vitamin C supplements are most often used as a way to prevent or reduce the symptoms associated with the common cold—and well over one hundred studies have been conducted in this area. In several of the largest studies, no effect on common-cold incidence was observed, indicating to many scientists that vitamin C has no preventive effects in normally nourished subjects who experience normal exposure to stress. However, a number of smaller, targeted studies, conducted on subjects under heavy stress, show that vitamin C decreases the incidence of the common cold by more than 50 percent. In other studies, healthy subjects consuming low levels of vitamin C (below 60 mg per day) experienced about one-third fewer colds following vitamin C supplementation.In most cases, it appears that although the most important and dramatic preventive effects of vitamin C supplementation are experienced by individuals with low vitamin C intakes, those with an average daily consumption from foods may also benefit from supplemental levels—especially during periods of heightened stress. In support of an elevated vitamin C intake, an expert scientific panel recently recommended increasing the current RDA for vitamin C from 60 mg to at least 100–200 mg per day. This same panel also cautioned that taking more than 1,000 mg of vitamin C daily could have adverse effects and recommended that "whenever possible, vitamin C intake should come from fruits and vegetables"—more support for getting at least your "daily five" servings of fruits and vegetables.Although the Food and Nutrition Board has recently raised the RDA for vitamin C from 60 mg to 75–90 mg (instead of to 100–200 mg per day, as recommended by the expert panel), it is well established that almost everybody can benefit from ingesting even higher levels. For example, the vitamin C recommendation for cigarette smokers is 100–200 mg per day, because smoking destroys vitamin C in the body. You need not worry about developing the vitamin C deficiency disease, scurvy (as long as you consume at least 10 mg of vitamin C daily), but be sure to increase your intake if you're exposed to stress (physical or psychological) or infection (for example, from a sick friend of family member).In terms of safety, vitamin C is extremely safe even at relatively high doses, because most of the excess is excreted in the urine. At high doses (over 1,000 mg per day), however, some people experience gastrointestinal side effects, such as stomach cramps, nausea, and diarrhea. In addition, vitamin C intakes above 1,000 mg per day may increase the risk of developing kidney stones in some people.Although vitamin C is well absorbed, the percentage absorbed from supplements decreases with higher dosages; therefore, optimal absorption is achieved by taking several small doses throughout the day. For example, try 100–250 mg per dose for a total daily intake of 250–1,000 mg. Full blood and tissue saturation is typically achieved with intakes of 250–500 mg per day.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Reduce XT is great.

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards

If the OP is interested in doing so, please Google Cortisol and Vitamin C. You will see a wealth of information, including double-blind definitive studies.

The Cortisol Connection website lists several supplements. I take several of them.

Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, is a water-soluble vitamin needed by the body for hundreds of vital metabolic reactions. As a dietary supplement, vitamin C is consumed by more people than any other vitamin, mineral, or herbal product. Good food sources of vitamin C include all citrus fruits (oranges, grapefruit, lemons) as well as many other fruits and vegetables, such as strawberries, tomatoes, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, peppers, and cantaloupe.As a dietary supplement, vitamin C is generally regarded as a potent antioxidant and is typically consumed for the prevention of colds, stimulation of the immune system, promotion of wound healing, and to ward off some of the detrimental effects of stress. Because of the wide variety of reactions in which vitamin C plays a role, many claims are made about its value as a supplement. Perhaps the best-known function of vitamin C is as one of the key nutritional antioxidants, whereby it protects the body from free-radical damage. As a water-soluble vitamin, ascorbic acid performs its antioxidant functions within the aqueous portions of the blood and cells, and it can help restore the antioxidant potential of vitamin E (a fat-soluble antioxidant).As a preventive against infections such as influenza and other viruses, vitamin C is thought to strengthen cell membranes, thereby preventing entrance of the virus to the interior of the cell. Support of immune-cell function is another key role performed by vitamin C and one that may help fight infections in their early stages. The combined effects of cellular strengthening, collagen synthesis, and antioxidant protection are thought to account for the multifaceted approach by which vitamin C helps to counteract stress and maintain health.In two separate studies about vitamin C supplementation (1,000-1,500 mg per day for one week), ultramarathon runners showed a 30 percent lower cortisol level in their blood when compared to runners receiving a placebo. In another study of healthy children undergoing treatment with synthetic corticosteroids, 1 gram (1,000 mg) of vitamin C, consumed three times a day for five days, resulted in significantly lower cortisol levels compared to healthy children given a placebo. In a study of lung-cancer patients, a dose of 2 grams of vitamin C, given daily for one week prior to surgery, was able to bring elevated cortisol levels (resulting from the surgery) back to normal ranges in a significantly shorter period of time compared to patients receiving a placebo.It has been shown in numerous animal and human studies that even a subclinical deficiency of vitamin C (that is, a deficiency small enough not to produce results detectable by the usual clinical tests) will result in an elevation of plasma cortisol levels. In studies of various laboratory and livestock animals, even a marginal vitamin C deficiency produced a significant increase in plasma cortisol levels and an inhibition of immune function, both of which were reversed by adding vitamin C back into the diet. These suboptimal levels of vitamin C, and their resulting elevation in cortisol, may account at least in part for the immune-system suppression and mild depression observed in elderly volunteers. In one study, thirty elderly volunteers (ten women and twenty men) were given 1 gram of vitamin C daily for sixteen weeks. Results showed a significant decrease in serum cortisol in both groups, as well as a significant improvement in various parameters of immune function.Vitamin C supplements are most often used as a way to prevent or reduce the symptoms associated with the common cold--and well over one hundred studies have been conducted in this area. In several of the largest studies, no effect on common-cold incidence was observed, indicating to many scientists that vitamin C has no preventive effects in normally nourished subjects who experience normal exposure to stress. However, a number of smaller, targeted studies, conducted on subjects under heavy stress, show that vitamin C decreases the incidence of the common cold by more than 50 percent. In other studies, healthy subjects consuming low levels of vitamin C (below 60 mg per day) experienced about one-third fewer colds following vitamin C supplementation.In most cases, it appears that although the most important and dramatic preventive effects of vitamin C supplementation are experienced by individuals with low vitamin C intakes, those with an average daily consumption from foods may also benefit from supplemental levels--especially during periods of heightened stress. In support of an elevated vitamin C intake, an expert scientific panel recently recommended increasing the current RDA for vitamin C from 60 mg to at least 100-200 mg per day. This same panel also cautioned that taking more than 1,000 mg of vitamin C daily could have adverse effects and recommended that "whenever possible, vitamin C intake should come from fruits and vegetables"--more support for getting at least your "daily five" servings of fruits and vegetables.Although the Food and Nutrition Board has recently raised the RDA for vitamin C from 60 mg to 75-90 mg (instead of to 100-200 mg per day, as recommended by the expert panel), it is well established that almost everybody can benefit from ingesting even higher levels. For example, the vitamin C recommendation for cigarette smokers is 100-200 mg per day, because smoking destroys vitamin C in the body. You need not worry about developing the vitamin C deficiency disease, scurvy (as long as you consume at least 10 mg of vitamin C daily), but be sure to increase your intake if you're exposed to stress (physical or psychological) or infection (for example, from a sick friend of family member).In terms of safety, vitamin C is extremely safe even at relatively high doses, because most of the excess is excreted in the urine. At high doses (over 1,000 mg per day), however, some people experience gastrointestinal side effects, such as stomach cramps, nausea, and diarrhea. In addition, vitamin C intakes above 1,000 mg per day may increase the risk of developing kidney stones in some people.Although vitamin C is well absorbed, the percentage absorbed from supplements decreases with higher dosages; therefore, optimal absorption is achieved by taking several small doses throughout the day. For example, try 100-250 mg per dose for a total daily intake of 250-1,000 mg. Full blood and tissue saturation is typically achieved with intakes of 250-500 mg per day.
This is a good article and I fully understand where you are coming from. However, these studies are irrelevant unless performed on steroid users. When dosing reduce Xt 0/0/3/3/3/3 at morning time in pct you are reducing RISING cortisol levels. This is what separates the steroid users to the normal population. Your cortisol can skyrocket around this time and I have yet to see a study showing vit c being as effective as reduce Xt. All the feedback i have seen from users who got their levels checked was them saying reduce Xt did its job in pct.
but if it works for you, more power to ya. I'm just saying its not an area I would try and cut corners

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is a good article and I fully understand where you are coming from. However, these studies are irrelevant unless performed on steroid users. When dosing reduce Xt 0/0/3/3/3/3 at morning time in pct you are reducing RISING cortisol levels. This is what separates the steroid users to the normal population. Your cortisol can skyrocket around this time and I have yet to see a study showing vit c being as effective as reduce Xt. All the feedback i have seen from users who got their levels checked was them saying reduce Xt did its job in pct. but if it works for you, more power to ya. I'm just saying its not an area I would try and cut corners
Irrelevant unless performed on steroid users? Lol gosh people hate to be wrong.... It showed definitive correlation lowering cortisol in a controlled experiment.... With cancer patients and marathon runners yes, but the Vit c was the measured variable and reduced cortisol.... That's proof enough for me.... I'm sure the reduce xt works as well.... are there any studies w reduce xt and cortisol? Just curious

amazz1020

Awards

Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, is a water-soluble vitamin needed by the body for hundreds of vital metabolic reactions. As a dietary supplement, vitamin C is consumed by more people than any other vitamin, mineral, or herbal product. Good food sources of vitamin C include all citrus fruits (oranges, grapefruit, lemons) as well as many other fruits and vegetables, such as strawberries, tomatoes, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, peppers, and cantaloupe.As a dietary supplement, vitamin C is generally regarded as a potent antioxidant and is typically consumed for the prevention of colds, stimulation of the immune system, promotion of wound healing, and to ward off some of the detrimental effects of stress. Because of the wide variety of reactions in which vitamin C plays a role, many claims are made about its value as a supplement. Perhaps the best-known function of vitamin C is as one of the key nutritional antioxidants, whereby it protects the body from free-radical damage. As a water-soluble vitamin, ascorbic acid performs its antioxidant functions within the aqueous portions of the blood and cells, and it can help restore the antioxidant potential of vitamin E (a fat-soluble antioxidant).As a preventive against infections such as influenza and other viruses, vitamin C is thought to strengthen cell membranes, thereby preventing entrance of the virus to the interior of the cell. Support of immune-cell function is another key role performed by vitamin C and one that may help fight infections in their early stages. The combined effects of cellular strengthening, collagen synthesis, and antioxidant protection are thought to account for the multifaceted approach by which vitamin C helps to counteract stress and maintain health.In two separate studies about vitamin C supplementation (1,000-1,500 mg per day for one week), ultramarathon runners showed a 30 percent lower cortisol level in their blood when compared to runners receiving a placebo. In another study of healthy children undergoing treatment with synthetic corticosteroids, 1 gram (1,000 mg) of vitamin C, consumed three times a day for five days, resulted in significantly lower cortisol levels compared to healthy children given a placebo. In a study of lung-cancer patients, a dose of 2 grams of vitamin C, given daily for one week prior to surgery, was able to bring elevated cortisol levels (resulting from the surgery) back to normal ranges in a significantly shorter period of time compared to patients receiving a placebo.It has been shown in numerous animal and human studies that even a subclinical deficiency of vitamin C (that is, a deficiency small enough not to produce results detectable by the usual clinical tests) will result in an elevation of plasma cortisol levels. In studies of various laboratory and livestock animals, even a marginal vitamin C deficiency produced a significant increase in plasma cortisol levels and an inhibition of immune function, both of which were reversed by adding vitamin C back into the diet. These suboptimal levels of vitamin C, and their resulting elevation in cortisol, may account at least in part for the immune-system suppression and mild depression observed in elderly volunteers. In one study, thirty elderly volunteers (ten women and twenty men) were given 1 gram of vitamin C daily for sixteen weeks. Results showed a significant decrease in serum cortisol in both groups, as well as a significant improvement in various parameters of immune function.Vitamin C supplements are most often used as a way to prevent or reduce the symptoms associated with the common cold--and well over one hundred studies have been conducted in this area. In several of the largest studies, no effect on common-cold incidence was observed, indicating to many scientists that vitamin C has no preventive effects in normally nourished subjects who experience normal exposure to stress. However, a number of smaller, targeted studies, conducted on subjects under heavy stress, show that vitamin C decreases the incidence of the common cold by more than 50 percent. In other studies, healthy subjects consuming low levels of vitamin C (below 60 mg per day) experienced about one-third fewer colds following vitamin C supplementation.In most cases, it appears that although the most important and dramatic preventive effects of vitamin C supplementation are experienced by individuals with low vitamin C intakes, those with an average daily consumption from foods may also benefit from supplemental levels--especially during periods of heightened stress. In support of an elevated vitamin C intake, an expert scientific panel recently recommended increasing the current RDA for vitamin C from 60 mg to at least 100-200 mg per day. This same panel also cautioned that taking more than 1,000 mg of vitamin C daily could have adverse effects and recommended that "whenever possible, vitamin C intake should come from fruits and vegetables"--more support for getting at least your "daily five" servings of fruits and vegetables.Although the Food and Nutrition Board has recently raised the RDA for vitamin C from 60 mg to 75-90 mg (instead of to 100-200 mg per day, as recommended by the expert panel), it is well established that almost everybody can benefit from ingesting even higher levels. For example, the vitamin C recommendation for cigarette smokers is 100-200 mg per day, because smoking destroys vitamin C in the body. You need not worry about developing the vitamin C deficiency disease, scurvy (as long as you consume at least 10 mg of vitamin C daily), but be sure to increase your intake if you're exposed to stress (physical or psychological) or infection (for example, from a sick friend of family member).In terms of safety, vitamin C is extremely safe even at relatively high doses, because most of the excess is excreted in the urine. At high doses (over 1,000 mg per day), however, some people experience gastrointestinal side effects, such as stomach cramps, nausea, and diarrhea. In addition, vitamin C intakes above 1,000 mg per day may increase the risk of developing kidney stones in some people.Although vitamin C is well absorbed, the percentage absorbed from supplements decreases with higher dosages; therefore, optimal absorption is achieved by taking several small doses throughout the day. For example, try 100-250 mg per dose for a total daily intake of 250-1,000 mg. Full blood and tissue saturation is typically achieved with intakes of 250-500 mg per day.
What exactly does coristol levels do i am sti slightly confused. Does it eat away muscle?

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Copy and pasted

" It is suggested that the depressing effect of insulin on circulating FFA concentration is dependent on the fraction derived from visceral adipocytes, which have a low responsiveness to the antilipolytic effect of insulin. Elevated secretion of cortisol and/or testosterone induces insulin resistance in muscle. This also seems to be the case for low testosterone concentrations in men. In addition, cortisol increases hepatic gluconeogenesis. Cortisol and testosterone have "permissive" effect on adipose lipolysis and therefore amplify lipolytic stimulation; FFA, cortisol, and testosterone thus have powerful combined effects, resulting in insulin resistance and increased hepatic gluconeogenesis. All these factors promoting insulin resistance are active in abdominal visceral obesity, which is closely associated with insulin resistance, NIDDM, and the " metabolic syndrome." In addition, the endocrine aberrations may provide a cause for visceral fat accumulation, probably due to regional differences in steroid-hormone-receptor density. In addition to the increased activity along the adrenocorticosteroid axis, there also seem to be signs of increased activity from the central sympathetic nervous system. These are the established endocrine consequences of hypothalamic arousal in the defeat and defense reactions. There is some evidence that suggests an increased prevalence of psychosocial stress factors is associated with visceral distribution of body fat. Therefore, it is hypothesized that such factors might provide a background not only to a defense reaction and primary hypertension, suggested previously, but also to a defeat reaction, which contributes to an endocrine aberration leading to metabolic aberrations and visceral fat accumulation, which in turn leads to disease."

Basically leads to slowed metabolism, fat around the belly and lead to insulin resistance in the muscles. Insulin resistance can lead to diabetes. Article states there is a correlation with low testosterone which is why it can be a problem when running suppressive aas/ph/ds. In addition to low test, things like sleep deprevation and stress also can increase cortisol. This is the best I can give... Someone else may be able to do better.

amazz1020

Awards
Copy and pasted

" It is suggested that the depressing effect of insulin on circulating FFA concentration is dependent on the fraction derived from visceral adipocytes, which have a low responsiveness to the antilipolytic effect of insulin. Elevated secretion of cortisol and/or testosterone induces insulin resistance in muscle. This also seems to be the case for low testosterone concentrations in men. In addition, cortisol increases hepatic gluconeogenesis. Cortisol and testosterone have "permissive" effect on adipose lipolysis and therefore amplify lipolytic stimulation; FFA, cortisol, and testosterone thus have powerful combined effects, resulting in insulin resistance and increased hepatic gluconeogenesis. All these factors promoting insulin resistance are active in abdominal visceral obesity, which is closely associated with insulin resistance, NIDDM, and the " metabolic syndrome." In addition, the endocrine aberrations may provide a cause for visceral fat accumulation, probably due to regional differences in steroid-hormone-receptor density. In addition to the increased activity along the adrenocorticosteroid axis, there also seem to be signs of increased activity from the central sympathetic nervous system. These are the established endocrine consequences of hypothalamic arousal in the defeat and defense reactions. There is some evidence that suggests an increased prevalence of psychosocial stress factors is associated with visceral distribution of body fat. Therefore, it is hypothesized that such factors might provide a background not only to a defense reaction and primary hypertension, suggested previously, but also to a defeat reaction, which contributes to an endocrine aberration leading to metabolic aberrations and visceral fat accumulation, which in turn leads to disease."

Basically leads to slowed metabolism, fat around the belly and lead to insulin resistance in the muscles. Insulin resistance can lead to diabetes. Article states there is a correlation with low testosterone which is why it can be a problem when running suppressive aas/ph/ds. In addition to low test, things like sleep deprevation and stress also can increase cortisol. This is the best I can give... Someone else may be able to do better.
Thanks man this basicly makes me understand it. I just get so ma y 50/50 answers weather a supplement is worth it pct

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
Irrelevant unless performed on steroid users? Lol gosh people hate to be wrong.... It showed definitive correlation lowering cortisol in a controlled experiment.... With cancer patients and marathon runners yes, but the Vit c was the measured variable and reduced cortisol.... That's proof enough for me.... I'm sure the reduce xt works as well.... are there any studies w reduce xt and cortisol? Just curious
When is a marathon runners cortisol spiking like a steroid users does after cycle?
And there is no study on the product but the ingredients yes, which is the point. And I have seen blood work proving effectiveness.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When is a marathon runners cortisol spiking like a steroid users does after cycle? And there is no study on the product but the ingredients yes, which is the point. And I have seen blood work proving effectiveness.
^^^ again I'm not saying reduce xt doesn't work. It contains 2 ingredients 7-Alpha-Hydroxy-Dehydoepiandrosterone and 7-Beta-Hydroxy-Dehydoepiandrosterone. Can you post up those studies showing these ingredients reduce cortisol? Thanks again

Here's a study showing how cortisol spikes with high workload exercise

Concentration and specific activity of plasma cortisol were measured for 4 h after the intravenous injection of 10 ?Ci [1,2-3H]cortisol into 14 normal men. Of these subjects four were resting controls; four exercised at a high work load for 1 h; four exercised at a low work load for 1 h and two received infusions of unlabelled cortisol, all beginning 1 h after the administration of [1,2-3H]cortisol.
In the high work load group plasma cortisol had increased by 12·2 ± 6·3 ?g/100 ml at the 60th minute of exercise. In this group the half-life of [3H]cortisol was 31·5 ± 5·3 (S.D.) min in contrast to 74·5 ± 8·3 min for the resting controls (P < 0·001).
In the light exercise group plasma cortisol concentration tended to fall, but due to large intersubject differences this was not statistically significant. In this group the half life (t½) of [3H]cortisol was 43·8 ± 3·9 min which was also significantly different from that of the resting controls (P < 0·001).
Specific activity of plasma cortisol fell rapidly (mean t½ = 15 min) during 1 h of heavy exercise, and continued to fall to a nadir 10-30 min after exercise had ceased, finally reaching a value some 60% above the nadir 1·5-2·0 h after exercise had ceased. A similar, although exaggerated, pattern was observed in the two resting subjects into whom 5 and 4 mg respectively, of unlabelled cortisol were infused. In contrast, in the light exercise group cortisol specific activity changed only slowly (mean t½ = 151 min) but continued to fall after exercise.
In the light exercise group, during the latter part of exercise and during the first hour after exercise, the ratio [3H]cortisone: [3H]cortisol in plasma was significantly higher than the corresponding values for the resting group (P < 0·05). Even higher values for this ratio were obtained for some of the heavy exercise subjects but due to wide scatter the group was not statistically significantly different from the resting group.
These results suggest that exercise itself increases the rate of uptake of cortisol by peripheral tissues and that when the work load exceeds a critical level stimulation of the adrenal cortex results in a massive secretion of cortisol which is sufficient to raise the plasma level which in turn promotes further ingress of cortisol into the tissues. After exercise at a high work load a return of cortisol from the tissues to the plasma can be detected.

Listen not saying vitamin C is the "best" thing for cortisol. I'm just into verified studies, and what they show. Thanks