Docs advice seems off

aggression23

Awards
I went to an endocrinologist for lower t (372) at age 21 as well as gyno. I was diagnosed with hypogonadism, gilberts syndrome and gynecomastia. My estrogen was also on the high end. The low t, high e and gyno were caused by previous ph cycles. The doctor put me on 1mg of anastrozole per day for 3 months. That seems like extreme overkill to me. I have been on it for almost two months. I have not seen a significant difference in gyno but my t has gone up and my e has lowered. My two questions are: 1. Should I suggest using raloxifene along with the anastrozole for the gyno? 2. The dosing and duration of the anastrozole seem way too harsh to me. Should I cut it down to 1/2 mg ed or 1mg eod?

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ralox and letro cured my gyno. I haven't used anastrozole so can't comment on that but if your doc put you on it I would be hesitant to change the dose without consulting with him/her first.

aggression23

Awards
warbird- I guess I was just looking for some reassurance, I'm going to bring up the raloxifene with him.
pumphouse-I've noticed slight yellowing of the eyes (jaundice) but I have always had high bilirubin, even as a child. I'm sure the anastrozole is elevating those levels but to the extent I'm not yet sure. I will get bloods soon but I was just making sure his dosing did not sound too crazy or anything

thanks for the input