Opinions on workout routine during PCT

alex25

Awards
I'm a week into PCT w/ Torem on a hdrol 50/50/75/75/100/100 cycle.

Never felt any symptoms of shutdown, didn't feel any loss in libido, and didn't see a decrease in strength on any of the six days I've been able to work out since the cycle. In fact, I saw slight improvements here and there. Maintained diet at ~500 cals above maintenance.

I moved out of town yesterday and I won't have access to my gym for a week. I gave a cheap gym near me a shot since it doesn't require contract, but the dumbbells were extremely awkward to hold on to and the leverages in incline/decline bench felt very uncomfortable. I don't see the change in gyms as much of a problem for when I hit legs, but my pull days might be a little shot and my push days have been completely affected.

I'd normally just take a week off from the gym but I'm scared to do this considering I'm only a week into PCT. I don't feel shutdown but on the other hand I haven't had blood work done so I don't want to risk it. What's the best thing I can do right now?

Should I focus making the best of the staple exercises I'm used to doing in my real gym (will have awkward leverages I'm not used to) or should I switch up the exercises I do just for this week to try to get the most out of what I'm being offered in my temporary gym?

rome32

rome32

Board Sponsor
Awards
Get the most out of the new gym.

Try a routine that you can involve the equipment you have at your disposal.

Its best during PCT, IMO, to train and eat like you're still on the cycle. This will helo maintain gainz as well as keep you motivated.

A change of pace every once in a while is a good thing.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
I agree with Rome32. I prefer to train with equal intensity and calories as if I was on to make sure I maintain my strength. But I'm predominantly a strength based lifter

Others would argue that it's actually good to take a week off early pct because you avoid the post training cortisol spikes while your natural T is still below par