Do I need PCT?

bam2890

Awards
So here's a quick synopsis of my situation: I was born without testes. I use prescribed Testim and my levels stay at 700 ng/dL. That's not bad and all, but I would like slightly higher for various reasons, but my doctor won't allow it. So I was thinking about just ordering some products online and whatnot because I'm tired of messing with doctors (average lab numbers don't mean I'm at my optimal level, you know?) I hear all of this talk about PCTs and cycling, but considering I'm not worried about my body's own testosterone production (since it's practically zero already), nor am I worried about testicular shrinkage, then do I even need to worry about cycling? I'm just trying to raise my levels to 1000ng/dL or so to feel better overall. What are your guys' thoughts on this?

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to guess no, but you should still consider some cycle supports for BP, lipids, etc. depending on what you choose to use.

ManBeast

duke66

duke66

Awards
  • Established
I've seen other guys on hrt pose the same questions and responses only seem to differ slightly. Most agree you could cycle AAS as anyone else would and would not have to undergo a true pct to restart the hpta like the rest of us because you would still be taking your hrt and your levels would drop back to the 700 or so you mentioned. You would however still have to be concerned about all the other things that Manbeast mentioned; in addition I would think you could still run into problems with estrogen and prolactin issues depending on the compound.