Question on cortisol control for PCT

Lazarus111

Awards
I was looking into getting a Cort control supp instead of just taking Vitamin C 3x daily @ 1000mg

After reading the reviews in cort control products, people have reported a loss in weight. Now, coming off a cycle, my understanding is you don't want to lose weight but you do want to keep the cortisol levels low. Why do cortisol control supps lower your weight during PCT? I was looking at something such as xlean from IBE.

Suggestions?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was looking into getting a Cort control supp instead of just taking Vitamin C 3x daily @ 1000mg

After reading the reviews in cort control products, people have reported a loss in weight. Now, coming off a cycle, my understanding is you don't want to lose weight but you do want to keep the cortisol levels low. Why do cortisol control supps lower your weight during PCT? I was looking at something such as xlean from IBE.

Suggestions?
You can use Vitamin C WITH a cortisol control product during PCT if you want.

Cortisol control products do not necessarily cause weight loss, no - your NUTRITION (and training) are going to predominantly determine this. For example, if you're not eating enough to maintain or gain, you will lose body mass (i.e. weight), etc.

~Rosie~

Lazarus111

Awards
Rosie,

what about a product like retain 2 that advertises cortisol control with weight leaning properties. is just strictly retain2? I would be the first one to purchase endoamp max but ive already spent hundreds of dollars on this current cycle.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie,

what about a product like retain 2 that advertises cortisol control with weight leaning properties. is just strictly retain2? I would be the first one to purchase endoamp max but ive already spent hundreds of dollars on this current cycle.
I don't have personal experience with Retain 2, but if Retain 2 was JUST what it said it was, it would be ok to add to PCT - being from Anabolic Xtreme, whether you use it or not is entirely up to you. Note that the "weight leaning properties" are advertised, since controlling cortisol can lead to fat (and weight) loss in some individuals.

Or you can just go with EndoAmp Max then, if you've already considered it.

You shouldn't be skimping on your PCT - that's almost more important than your cycle, IMO, and you want to so it as optimally as possible.

~Rosie~

Lazarus111

Awards
I've got the SERM down and the t booster (and the other basic staples), I just need a little cheaper cortisol control supp. Has anyone had any experience with X-Lean by IBE?

gaijininjapan

Awards
  • Established
Is Suppress-C still avail? it was on sale for like 22.50 at nutra planet. That would be a cheap cortisol control supp.

Newbiewar

Awards
is cortisol control the same for coming off cycle as it is for dieting? I mean Lean xtreme is a favorite I know for diet... but is it also recommended for PCT ?

Lazarus111

Awards
Is Suppress-C still avail? it was on sale for like 22.50 at nutra planet. That would be a cheap cortisol control supp.
I hear people talking about it, I'm not sure if it's still available.

is cortisol control the same for coming off cycle as it is for dieting? I mean Lean xtreme is a favorite I know for diet... but is it also recommended for PCT ?
****, so it IS for diet? I don't wanna lose anything hence the question of using these cortisol control supps that people talk about for PCT. I wish endoamp wasn't double the price of these other supps

Newbiewar

Awards
I hear people talking about it, I'm not sure if it's still available.

****, so it IS for diet? I don't wanna lose anything hence the question of using these cortisol control supps that people talk about for PCT. I wish endoamp wasn't double the price of these other supps
cortisol just catabolizes muscle when on a diet... PCT uses cortisol for a different reason, and Im not sure what that is

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
SNS Reduce XT is a great option and is very cost effective.
It is no secret I am in love with Reduce XT.

SNS Reduce XT

Lazarus111

Awards
Reduce XT by SNS is cheap and effective.
SNS Reduce XT is a great option and is very cost effective.
It is no secret I am in love with Reduce XT.
If I was using, say, Reduce XT for a bulking cycle, how will this affect my cycle while using this during PCT? I don't mind if I lose some abdominal fat but I obviously want to keep most of my gains.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If I was using, say, Reduce XT for a bulking cycle, how will this affect my cycle while using this during PCT? I don't mind if I lose some abdominal fat but I obviously want to keep most of my gains.
Reduce XT is going to help you keep your gains..not lose it. The whole purpose for the product is to combat cortisol which can lead to you losing some of your muscle and can also lead to fat gain.

Reduce XT has helped people lose fat because it combats cortisol and they are on a 'weight loss' diet. Your diet is going to determine what happens with your new gains.

Reduce XT is not going to hurt you in any way here. It can only help.

DYEGYE

DYEGYE

Awards
  • Established
The whole point of cortisol control is to protect against the detrimental effects of a cortisol surge at the end of a cycle. That will break down hard-earned gains.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
just take Vit c man, it will work fine. 1000mg 3x a day or grab ERASE, keeps estrogen and cort at bay. two birds one stone

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Carbs and bcaas suppress cortisol as well. Imo Endoamp max is the best supplement when wanting to address control of cortisol.

Lazarus111

Awards
just take Vit c man, it will work fine. 1000mg 3x a day or grab ERASE, keeps estrogen and cort at bay. two birds one stone
with taking Epistane at 6 weeks with a SERM for PCT and DAA as a t booster, will I need Erase for estrogen control on top of the SERM (and after a 6 week cycle of Epi)? I am really confused about this.

edit: I know Erase has estro and cort controlling properities.

DYEGYE

DYEGYE

Awards
  • Established
I'd definitely recommend using Erase after Epistane... I've heard a couple stories of guys experiencing estrogen rebound.

Lazarus111

Awards
I'd definitely recommend using Erase after Epistane... I've heard a couple stories of guys experiencing estrogen rebound.
Another thing to add to pct

So far it's SERM + DAA + Erase as of now for the main things all staples aside.

How would you dose this? I've got a bunch of strange feedback through doing searches.

I've heard some people starting erase 3 weeks into pct, others recommend starting it day 1 along with the serm and t booster.

People also say a SERM isn't needed for this cycle but i'd rather be safe then sorry.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Another thing to add to pct

So far it's SERM + DAA + Erase as of now for the main things all staples aside.

How would you dose this? I've got a bunch of strange feedback through doing searches.

I've heard some people starting erase 3 weeks into pct, others recommend starting it day 1 along with the serm and t booster.

People also say a SERM isn't needed for this cycle but i'd rather be safe then sorry.
You are taking a SERM with Erase? I would just save the Erase and use the SERM.

Lazarus111

Awards
Erase is good for cortisol control and preventing rebound once the SERM is out of the system though- What's your reasoning?
This.

I was told to run Erase the 2nd week of PCT and run it at 2 caps daily for 6 weeks total. What do you think?

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Erase is good for cortisol control and preventing rebound once the SERM is out of the system though- What's your reasoning?
It is fine. Just don't think it is completely necessary and would save the Erase for a nice stack after his PCT.

Perhaps I am just being a cheap a$$. haha!

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
exactly what i will be doing. Some torem + daa + erase

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
I think im just gonna be running erase at 1 cap/day. But others say 2 and even 3. Not sure i would go that high.

This.

I was told to run Erase the 2nd week of PCT and run it at 2 caps daily for 6 weeks total. What do you think?