Premature Growth Plate Closure Question

DaveWalton

Awards
Bros,

I have been feeling more and more concerned lately that I've stunted my growth by speeding up growth plate closure from AAS use. I'm 22 years old and play college basketball. My father is 6'5.5" and my mother is 5'9.5". I am currently 6'4".

I know the initial thought will probably be that I am 22 and therefore done growing but I am a late bloomer and have actually grown 2 inches over the last 3 years (half an inch last year).

My cycle history is below:

July 2008: 2 weeks 4AD followed by 9 days M1t with Nolva 40/40/20/20 + Tribulus

January 2009: 8 weeks 50mg Turanabol with Nolva 40/40/20/20 + Trib for PCT

July 2009: 8 weeks 50mg Turanabol with Nolva 40/40/20/20 + Trib for PCT

January 2010: 8 weeks 50mg Anavar with Nolva 40/40/20/20 + Trib for PCT

Ultimately, my experiences with AAS is finished. I am certain I have no interest in supplementing with AAS anymore (though I have absolutely nothing against it).

This leads to my question: Despite the fact that I have grown taller after all of my aforementioned cycles, is it possible that I sped up process of growth plate closure and lost some potential final height?

I realize I am still growing and therefore my growth plates aren't closed fully but is it likely that I sped up the growth plate sealing process or stunted growth in any way?

Any input very much appreciated and repped.

duke66

duke66

Awards
  • Established
Certainly you could have sped up closure. Whether or not you actually did you can't be certain, but I rather doubt it. Typical formula for projecting height is add parents height in inches then add 5" for boys and less 5" for girls then divide by 2. I'd say you're right about where you project to be. Of course you may have had freak status coming at 6'9" who knows?