pct vs maintenence doses of test

handyjay

I was wanting to know if there were any possible risks involved with taking maintenance doses of test (150-200mg/wk) as opposed to doing pct and restoring natural production after a cycle of Deca/Sust or Tren/Sust.

I realize my balls will probably shrink, and I'll halt sperm production. But I'm ok with that since I already have 2 kids, and I don't want anymore.

As a matter of fact, I prefer to not be able to produce anymore sperm. My wife keeps nagging me about having another kid. I think she might eventually "accidentally" forget to take her birth control some time in the future. :AR15firing:

Thoughts?

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
just for overall health reasons i wouldn't do that. not only does your natural test need to bounce back but alot of other things need to as well. plus if ur doing 150-200mgs a week, that is lower than ur natural levels which may cause problems. just go to pct and gear up for another cycle.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
just for overall health reasons i wouldn't do that. not only does your natural test need to bounce back but alot of other things need to as well. plus if ur doing 150-200mgs a week, that is lower than ur natural levels which may cause problems. just go to pct and gear up for another cycle.
How would 200mg of test a week be lower than his natural levels? That would yield a total test near 1000 or over. IMO...

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
How would 200mg of test a week be lower than his natural levels? That would yield a total test near 1000 or over. IMO...
ur body is normally i think 240-250. when u inject testosterone you are using a synthetic test which ur body basically stops producing its own. its saying oh we are getting this from an outside source no need to make our own.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ur body is normally i think 240-250. when u inject testosterone you are using a synthetic test which ur body basically stops producing its own. its saying oh we are getting this from an outside source no need to make our own.
Hmm, thats odd, because I always heard that your body produces about 40-50mg of testosterone a week.

slacker86

Awards
  • Established
ya im pretty sure the male testes produce between 50-75mg of testosterone per week.

If u wanna look at running maintenance doseages look up blast and cruise. Also realize that you will probably not be able to do a PCT if u stay on for very long periods of time, after so long of being turned off its hard to get them to turn back on.

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
ya im pretty sure the male testes produce between 50-75mg of testosterone per week.

If u wanna look at running maintenance doseages look up blast and cruise. Also realize that you will probably not be able to do a PCT if u stay on for very long periods of time, after so long of being turned off its hard to get them to turn back on.
hmmm maybe i confused the mgs with the test level being between 240-250...

handyjay

50-75 sounds right to me. The only reason why I said 150-200 is because of the ester. I would probably do Test E @ 75mg 2x/wk.

I would like to do this as long as possible without shutting myself down permanently.

On the other hand, I most likely have hypogonadism anyway.... When my T levels were tested at 16 or 17 years old, (I'm now 30) they were in the low 200s. And I've always had libido issues. The Dr. wouldn't do $h!t for me cus they were still considered in the "normal range".

Normal for who? A 90 year old man?

So shutting down my test production permanently wouldn't be much of a loss. But the question still remains...

Are there any other known risks besides shutdown of sperm and test? Cus I'm OK with that.

handyjay

Also, I looked up "blast and cruise" and this is definitely what I want to do.

I might try to give a Dr, another chance. Maybe I can finally get one to give me a script of Test C. I have also heard that some Drs will give patients a script for adex while on HRT.

slacker86

Awards
  • Established
50-75 sounds right to me. The only reason why I said 150-200 is because of the ester. I would probably do Test E @ 75mg 2x/wk.

I would like to do this as long as possible without shutting myself down permanently.

On the other hand, I most likely have hypogonadism anyway.... When my T levels were tested at 16 or 17 years old, (I'm now 30) they were in the low 200s. And I've always had libido issues. The Dr. wouldn't do $h!t for me cus they were still considered in the "normal range".

So shutting down my test production permanently wouldn't be much of a loss. But the question still remains...

Are there any other known risks besides shutdown of sperm and test? Cus I'm OK with that.

At the dosage u are going to be taking for the cruise part of it 250mg/week all at once, once a week should suffice fine. The moment u start introducing hormones into your body is the moment you start getting shut down, 250mg once a week will shut you down, there really is not way to stay on any amount of a steroid and not have suppression. Permanent shut down is generally the largest concern among users since the majority are young and dont know about having children.

There are health risks involved with testosterone, more prevalent at higher doseages however, i suggest you just sit down and do some research since you know your medical history better than any one on this board. Acne, irritability, hair growth, hair loss, increased cholesterol, as well as some people report that test makes their vision a bit foggy (happened to me when i was on). These are some possible side effects u may get all of them you may get none of them it depends on your response to the drug. However it is argued that blasting and crusing can actually be healthier than cycling because the drastic hormone changes every so often, and a more consistant controlled blood hormone levels. Im not going to say it is healthier but u go and do the research and see what you think.

However please do understand that if you choose to blast and cruise this is a pretty big step and you will (not going to say NEED but you will WANT to VERY MUCH) stay on steroids the remainder of your life.

Also take into account cost and risk vs. reward other than that the homework and decision are up to you.

slacker86

Awards
  • Established
Also, I looked up "blast and cruise" and this is definitely what I want to do.

I might try to give a Dr, another chance. Maybe I can finally get one to give me a script of Test C. I have also heard that some Drs will give patients a script for adex while on HRT.
if you think u have low test levels go see an endocrinologist. They will look at the numbers more closely and take weather you are in your age range for your testosterone levels.

The few people that i do know who have gone with doctors there are a variety of methods they try before they just prescribe HRT. Now i dont know what order but these are some of the therapies they may try first before they just put u on test c. Clomid (testosterone restart) therapy, HCG therapy, Androgel, and then usually test as a later/last resort. Of course these will be done after you are anatomically cleared that it isnt a structural problem, however i am sure there are some guys on here that are on HRT that know a lot more than i do so that section of the forum will probably be very helpful.

handyjay

if you think u have low test levels go see an endocrinologist. They will look at the numbers more closely and take weather you are in your age range for your testosterone levels.

The few people that i do know who have gone with doctors there are a variety of methods they try before they just prescribe HRT. Now i dont know what order but these are some of the therapies they may try first before they just put u on test c. Clomid (testosterone restart) therapy, HCG therapy, Androgel, and then usually test as a later/last resort. Of course these will be done after you are anatomically cleared that it isnt a structural problem, however i am sure there are some guys on here that are on HRT that know a lot more than i do so that section of the forum will probably be very helpful.
Thanks for all the advice bro. There are a few things you mentioned that may be of a lil concern to me.

I'll definitely do some more research and talk to a Dr. before I make the commitment.

Wilderbeast

Wilderbeast

Awards
  • Established

You think your doc is bad. I am not sure what the exact unit of measure my doc's lab used for my tests, but on like a 13-36 xunit for total test; my test was 2.7. He wouldn't do **** for me. I got retested twice; my LH and FSH were normal but total test was still under 5 and he still wouldn't do anything for me.

BEAST

handyjay

You think your doc is bad. I am not sure what the exact unit of measure my doc's lab used for my tests, but on like a 13-36 xunit for total test; my test was 2.7. He wouldn't do **** for me. I got retested twice; my LH and FSH were normal but total test was still under 5 and he still wouldn't do anything for me.

BEAST
I have lost all faith in Drs. over the years. There have been numerous occasions where I have went to the Dr with a concern, and was just told it was "in my head". Eventually I had to just find ways to cure myself of any ailments.

They forget that their patients know their own bodies better than anyone. I think many Drs. around here (Madison County, IL) are also terrified of malpractice lawsuits. Mad Cow (Madison County) is the lawsuit capital of the world.