cut after PCT?

tumtum

Awards
  • Established
ok.. so i ran a 6 week cycle of hdrol..it was during some rough weeks of school.. HIGH stress.. and had terrible gains. went from 191-200... with very little strength increase.. i'm 3 days from the end of 4 weeks of PCT

i'm feeling really fat.. i was wondering if an 8 week cut could start next week.. immediately after i'm done with my PCT.. i'm currently at 199 at about 14-16% bf and feel fat as hell.. just want to cut about 10-12 lbs and be around 10... nothing major.. just would like to see some abs..

its getting hard for me to tell if my gains are fat or muscle.. i feel if i'm leaner it will be easier to judge

should i cut? or wait a few more weeks

fightercowboy

fightercowboy

Awards
  • Established
I would wait another 3-4 weeks just to let your gains solidify. If those 8lbs are solid gains thats not bad for those 6 weeks and I wouldn't want to take a chance wasting those by cutting immediately.

Good luck!

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
cut after pct, you want to hang onto your gains

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just make sure that you slowly start lowering cals if you decide to go straight into a cut. I cut immediately following my first cycle and lost a lot more weight than I intended too.I guess I got a little lazy and didn't keep track of things like I would on a bulk :frustrate

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
I usually start a cut either 2 weeks after i finish PCT or right away. Its really up to you. If you absolutely want to maximize gains than wait 2-4 weeks. If you want to lean up, even if it means you'll sacrifice some of the gains you made, then you could go for it. It isn't totally against the dogma to start a cut right after PCT but some think you should wait till a month or more.

tumtum

Awards
  • Established
yeah.. i really wasn't going to be too crazy with my cut.. i have a high metabolism..started at 140 lbs.. this is my first cut ever.. so i figured i could lose for the first 4 weeks without any cardio at all if i just really clean up my diet..

hadijd

hadijd

Awards
What the guys are saying is true! Say your calories are around 4000-5000 tops while on cycle, right. Then you go to 3000 calories a day, huge drop in a fast amount of time! I would extend your Pct for about three more weeks, but you can drop the Nolva or Serm (whatever you used, hopefully and predicting you used one) on the last fourth week. Just keep going with a Test Booster like DTH and Lean Extreme. Then start thinking about a cut without any supplements. You can start some CLA and Fish oil though, that will not hurt.