Can I cut off tamoxifen after 14 days? Please advise!

Boyders

Boyders

Awards
  • Established
I am having a few side effects which either are attributed to the nolva or prostatitus maybe neither but as long as I've been dosing nolva I have had this lower abdominal pain constantly and testicular pain as well. I thought maybe it was bloat and "boys coming back" but gas relief meds haven't worked and the testies are still achey on and off. I am about to try a laxative and clean out the system to see if that puts any relief on the matter BUT the fact is I want to get off nolva to see if these sides are caused by it or if it is unrelated and I need to see a doc.

I have trione caps which I will start at 200mg a day and taper over a few weeks. I was thinking that if I start getting any itchy nips or other signs I could crank back a couple doses of nolva but otherwise steer clear. I just did a 25 day cycle of mdrol @ 20/20/30

Any advice on this one?

Erekose

Erekose

Awards
What is your nolvadex dosage?
The pain in the nuts is perfectly normal - for some people it happens every time.

Boyders

Boyders

Awards
  • Established
I'm at 10mg right now. The testie pain I know can be from the nolva but the lower abdomen pain is brutal. It is 100% constant and even wakes me up at night with pain. I really feel I should get off all this **** asap to try and determine if these are sides are indicative of something more serious. I have taken ai's before with no sides so I know I'll be fine with trione.

My thinking is 2 weeks of nolva is cutting it close but definitely doable if I use an AI instead.

I am a bit concerned that it is prostate related but seriously half the sides of prostatitis are also potential sides from nolva

Erekose

Erekose

Awards
I'm at 10mg right now. The testie pain I know can be from the nolva but the lower abdomen pain is brutal. It is 100% constant and even wakes me up at night with pain. I really feel I should get off all this **** asap to try and determine if these are sides are indicative of something more serious. I have taken ai's before with no sides so I know I'll be fine with trione.

My thinking is 2 weeks of nolva is cutting it close but definitely doable if I use an AI instead.

I am a bit concerned that it is prostate related but seriously half the sides of prostatitis are also potential sides from nolva
You might have a unique reaction.
The problem with switching from a serm to an AI is that you will not be pushing your LH and FSH back up.

You can go off, but if possible get a blood test and check your hormone levels.