A President for America, Not for Hollywood

  1. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    bpmartyr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,443
    Rep Power
    27397
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    88.49%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    A President for America, Not for Hollywood


    A President for America, Not for Hollywood
    Mike Gallagher
    Thursday, July 17, 2008

    It was fun interviewing Sen. John McCain this week on my radio show.

    Sen. McCain isn't someone who strikes you as a particularly dynamic speaker. He doesn't seem to like the formality of giving speeches. He clearly isn't too comfortable reading off a TelePrompter. In other words, this isn't a guy who would be cast as a U.S. President on a TV show.

    Barack Obama would fit that description.

    Come to think of it, the actor who played a president on the hit TV show "24" resembles Sen. Obama a bit. No, not because they're both black (I can almost hear Al Sharpton's howls of protestation...please leave my private parts alone, Jesse Jackson). But the fictional president possessed some of the same characteristics as Obama: tall, lanky, self-assured, photogenic; a smooth delivery and a warm demeanor.

    Yes, Barack Obama could easily be cast as an American president in a movie or TV show.

    But this ain't Hollywood. And we're far from the world of pretend and make-believe.

    When you get John McCain going about the war against terror, he comes alive. That's when it gets fun. He rattles off the statistics, he showcases his wealth of military experience, and he doesn't recognize the concepts of defeat or surrender.

    And when you ask him about the military and foreign policy experience of his opponent, he bristles.

    This week, Sen. Obama delivered a foreign policy address that struck Sen. McCain as more than a little odd. "How can Sen. Obama continue to declare that Afghanistan needs to be more of a focal point than Iraq on fighting terrorists when he has never even been there?", McCain asked me.

    That strikes me as odd, too.

    After all, it doesn't take much for a sitting U.S. Senator to hop on a plane and visit a war zone. Sen. McCain has done it over and over again.

    I did some checking, and it turns out McCain was absolutely correct. Sen. Obama has never once traveled to Afghanistan. He has been to Iraq -- once -- about two years ago. Now that he has finally decided to return, get ready for a news media that will act as if Jesus Christ has returned and will be raising people from the dead or multiplying the loaves and fishes.

    Wouldn't one think that getting a military tour of the battleground with one-on-one briefings from the commanders whose troops have their boots on the ground in either Afghanistan OR Iraq would be beneficial?

    No, not if your entire presidential campaign is already grounded in the belief that we need to tuck tail and retreat from Iraq like a bunch of whipped puppies. Sen. Obama doesn't want a few little pesky facts, like the ongoing success of the Iraq surge, to get in the way of a good old fashioned act of waving a white flag of surrender.

    During his foreign policy address this week, he managed to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory over the surge issue, too. While everyone of all political stripes are admitting that the surge is working and dramatically reducing the level of bloodshed in Iraq, Obama managed to complain that the Iraqis aren't spending as much in rebuilding their own country as a result of the surge.

    It's a funny thing, the old school media's infatuation with Obama. Sometimes it's obvious, like Chris Matthews admitting to the thrill up his leg when the anointed one speaks; other times, it's fairly subtle.

    This week, the New York Times breathlessly revealed the results of a survey that suggested that 80% of black Americans have a favorable impression of Obama compared with 30% of whites.

    The clear insinuation in the article is that white America is so bigoted that it couldn't possibly vote for a black man. Remember how West Virginia was pummeled in the press during the primary election there?

    And yet, there is certainly another racial reality at play here. Isn't it possible -- even likely -- that many black Americans are supporting Sen. Obama simply because he is black?

    If a white voter (re: West Virginia) admitted to voting for a candidate simply because of the color of his skin, we routinely label that person as a racist.

    So why does the black voter who is doing the exact same thing get a pass?

    I often ask black callers to my show questions about Sen. Obama's policy positions, especially those who describe themselves as Republicans or conservatives. Their lack of knowledge is astounding. Abortion, taxes, health care, it doesn't matter, they don't really know much about him at all.

    But they sure do like him.

    They say he makes them "feel good." He's a "change." He's going to "end war." He's a "new kind of politician."

    Ask them what that means, and sadly, they don't really know. There's nothing new about the failed, radical, liberal beliefs of the former community activist from Chicago. But try telling that to a black man or woman hellbent on voting for him.

    The New York Times is right, there is still a political racial divide in this country. But as usual, the Times doesn't know who to blame.

    If there are whites who won't vote for a black man simply because he's a black man, shame on them.

    But if there are blacks who won't vote for a white man because he's not a black man, that's equally shameful. And every bit as bigoted as bigoted can be.

    At the end of my interview with Sen. McCain, I told him how feisty he sounded, how fired up he seemed to be. He laughed.

    That's what he's going to have to do in order to win the White House in November. The stakes are high and the deck is stacked against him.

    But if he continues to remind the American people about the radical differences between a man who has fought in a war and another who simply reminds us of an actor who plays a president on television, John McCain will win.

    And win big.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html

  2. Banned
    Vermonta's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    23
    Posts
    33
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    37.8%

    Getting old hearing people criticize Obama for being able to speak well.
  3. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    47
    Posts
    31,879
    Rep Power
    778120
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    28.64%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Vermonta View Post
    Getting old hearing people criticize Obama for being able to speak well.
    Its not a criticism of him speaking "well", its a criticism of him speaking like a lawyer, basically saying nothing, spending as much time leaving himself holes to back out of it in the future
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    Fastone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,312
    Rep Power
    838
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    31.37%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Its not a criticism of him speaking "well", its a criticism of him speaking like a lawyer, basically saying nothing, spending as much time leaving himself holes to back out of it in the future

    Seemed to work for Bush in 2000. wait I take that back, he still doesn't speak well, nevermind


    :bruce3:
  5. New Member
    QUICKRYDE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    44
    Posts
    467
    Rep Power
    349
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    14.5%

    Bush will be remembered in history as a failure and if I kept count of every time he "F-up" his speeches...I wouldn't have any time on my hands. {Just read the cards Mr. Bush...this is what you pay your speech writers for.}
  6. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    47
    Posts
    31,879
    Rep Power
    778120
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    28.64%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Hmm and the democrat controlled congress's approval rating is 10% lower than his.
  7. Board Sponsor
    Urban Monk's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,462
    Rep Power
    14387
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    7.65%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    This article is great. (/sarcasm)

    Basically, we should elect John Mccain, because he was in the army. I forgot, the president's one and only job is the military commander of our armed forces (ok, fine...more sarcasm).

    I mean really, who cares about issues at home, domestic travails, etc? All that matters is the talk of war and what goes on OUTSIDE our borders.

    Yup, great article (/sarcasm...for real).
  8. New Member
    QUICKRYDE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    44
    Posts
    467
    Rep Power
    349
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    14.5%

    We can talk about this election all day long but the truth of the matter...we need a change because "BUSH" screwed up big time. I work and travel from Chicago/Tampa and I see the damage that people are losing their homes...not just the poor but the middle class are losing their homes. How "BUSH", made it a 2nd term...is still is the greatest trick the world ever seen.

    McCain is just another “BUSH”. It’s time for a change or we all will be losing our homes, jobs, paying $20 per gallon for gas, in a soup line, and if that’s not enough…how about global warming? We need someone to TRY to repair our economy and our planet. I don’t think a $300 Stimulus Check going to fix our economy…this is a joke to me. Now, the BUSH Camp wants to send another Stimulus check out. The checks does not solve the root of the economy issues but paint a false picture that everything will be O.K., once you spend this $300 check. Don’t get me wrong…I’ll take the money because I’m no fool…hey, make it $1,000 per a person but this will not fix our economy but only help me purchase more SUPPLEMENTS.

    SO, WE ALL HAVE TO AGREE...A CHANGE NEED TO COME QUICKLY.
  9. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    47
    Posts
    31,879
    Rep Power
    778120
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    28.64%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Yes obama will bring change - thats all that will be left in your pocket when his is done. change. no actual money he'll have taxed it all away
  10. Senior Member
    Fastone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,312
    Rep Power
    838
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    31.37%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    You may be one of the few who is better off than 8 years ago but you are way in the minority if you are.


    :bruce3:
  11. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    47
    Posts
    31,879
    Rep Power
    778120
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    28.64%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    democrats have controlled congress for how much of the time? People talk about how great the clinton years were, but forget it was a republican congress somehow. Like the president writes or starts a single piece of legislation?
  12. Advanced Member
    atjnutrition2's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    609
    Rep Power
    385
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    54.74%

    It's funny to me how everyone blames all their problems on Bush. Forget the fact that people bought more expensive homes than they could afford and they knew it when they bought them. Somehow it's the President's fault that they overspent. Average household credit card debt has been on the rise for years. Now that the bill is coming due, it's the President's fault that he won't bail them out. Whatever happened to living within your means? When are people going to stand up and take responsibility for their lives instead of blaming others? If you want to change your life, go and change it. Don't sit around the house complaining about how bad things are and blaming it on someone else. Make the necessary sacrifices and do something about it in order to better your situation.
  13. New Member
    QUICKRYDE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    44
    Posts
    467
    Rep Power
    349
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    14.5%

    Well, let's be honest...do you think "McCain", will be better for the job and if so, why??? The guy look like he is sick and he have no energy. "McCain" will only continue where "BUSH" left off. You made a joke about "OBAMA will only leave change in your pocket...If "McCain" become president, you don't have to worry about change in your pockets because you will not have a job. You will have your hands out on the corner, asking for change.

    Yes, taxes will go up...do you know why? Because it will take the American tax dollars to fix the damage to our economy. How much are we spending on the war again? How many jobs have we lost? I can go on and on regarding what's wrong in America right now but you read the newspaper or watch the News. So, why must I make a list of all the damage under "BUSH" 8 year umbrella, it will be a book. Remember, "McCain" is part of the "BUSH" Camp...so, it's only wise to think, the downhill issues will only continue.

    Oh yea, Starbucks is closing over 600 stores....more jobs are lost and more people drawing unemployment. Every month, there is a corporation cutting jobs or they sending the jobs overseas. Wow, you really want this to continue? There is only two men running for the office and to be truthful…I rather have “OBAMA” take the job. He will make mistakes, like ALL the presidents have in the past. So, don’t think he going to change this mess overnight because that’s not possible. Also, I was watching the News, and they said this year will be the lowest freshman registration in decades. Why is that, because of the economy. {BUSH CAMP} The American people don’t have the funds to send their kids to college.

    There will be nothing positive written in the history books about "BUSH" and his crew.

    I'm finish with this thread.



    P.S...the home issues is NOT the president fault. It's the American people fault, with the help of greedy bankers. If anyone sign-up for an ARM...your crazy. Do the research about buying a home and the different interest rates available. There is nothing free in this world but you can reach your goals with hard work and prayer.















    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Yes obama will bring change - thats all that will be left in your pocket when his is done. change. no actual money he'll have taxed it all away
  14. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7018

    Quote Originally Posted by QUICKRYDE View Post
    Well, let's be honest...do you think "McCain", will be better for the job and if so, why??? The guy look like he is sick and he have no energy. "McCain" will only continue where "BUSH" left off. You made a joke about "OBAMA will only leave change in your pocket...If "McCain" become president, you don't have to worry about change in your pockets because you will not have a job. You will have your hands out on the corner, asking for change.

    Why? Unemployment is statistically low. You want Europe unemployment rate at 8%+?

    Yes, taxes will go up...do you know why? Because it will take the American tax dollars to fix the damage to our economy.
    Wrong. It will take Congress to stop spending. Republicans spent and got booted out...(and they should have) but you voted in a Congress that has already surpassed them. Yay Democracy...

    How much are we spending on the war again?
    Pales in comaprison to what we spend on foreigh oil....guess why we do that...because DEMOCRATS WON'T ALLOW ANY DRILLING.

    You tihnk you would see any of the money form the war? Think again.


    How many jobs have we lost?
    Unemployment is low. Its rising because we were at a significantly lower point for a long time. We still have the lowest in versus any industrial powerhouse. Want to know another reason why? Raising the minimum wage forced companies to cut workers. Who did that? Democratic Congress. We have the second highest tax rate in the world which makes it easier for companies to choose foreign investment vs domestic investment. Who is in favor of that? Democrats. For every doomsday you can name me about the last 8 years I can roll off statistic after statistic showing this economy healthier than ever. The current crisis was caused by policies formed in the mid 90's...not now.

    I can go on and on regarding what's wrong in America right now but you read the newspaper or watch the News. So, why must I make a list of all the damage under "BUSH" 8 year umbrella, it will be a book. Remember, "McCain" is part of the "BUSH" Camp...so, it's only wise to think, the downhill issues will only continue.

    Then go for it because I will punch more holes in it and show you why most newspapers post what is politically expedient and not really the facts. Newspapers sell drama...not facts.


    Oh yea, Starbucks is closing over 600 stores....more jobs are lost and more people drawing unemployment.
    That's because their management were morons expanding based solely off EXPENSIVE COFFEE. That's not the government failing, that's Starbucks.


    Every month, there is a corporation cutting jobs or they sending the jobs overseas.
    Once again...corporate tax rates and and economic boom slowing down.

    Wow, you really want this to continue?

    Yeah, go for it because you sound like someone who listens to politicians and doesn't own a business.


    There is only two men running for the office and to be truthful…I rather have “OBAMA” take the job. He will make mistakes, like ALL the presidents have in the past. So, don’t think he going to change this mess overnight because that’s not possible. Also, I was watching the News, and they said this year will be the lowest freshman registration in decades. Why is that, because of the economy.
    Bush doesnt control the economy and if you think the President does, you're severely mistaken.


    {BUSH CAMP} The American people don’t have the funds to send their kids to college.

    That's because colleges have raised tuition to astronomical levels. Sorry, but people can't keep affording 20% increases each year. Once again, you let the college administrations pass while blaming the President.



    There will be nothing positive written in the history books about "BUSH" and his crew.
    They said that about FDR, Lincoln, Reagan, Clinton, etc...
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  15. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,790
    Rep Power
    11681
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    47.73%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    As a moderate I really liked Bush from what I gathered at a distance.
  16. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7018

    Quote Originally Posted by QUICKRYDE View Post


    P.S...the home issues is NOT the president fault. It's the American people fault, with the help of greedy bankers. If anyone sign-up for an ARM...your crazy. Do the research about buying a home and the different interest rates available. There is nothing free in this world but you can reach your goals with hard work and prayer.

    Wrong again. The federal government FORCED banks to tkae on subprime loans to coincide with the amendments to Community Reinvestment Act in 1995. By law, banks had to lend to lower income people or people with bad credit to maintain their ratings. If not they were subject to fines. Subprime was created by Democratic ideology. Democratic ideology (redistribute wealth to the poor to prop them up) was the basis for this. What happened? The poor couldn't pay for it.....default loans and banks failed. The ones that got greedy went under, the ones that took on less sub prime, took a the losses but lived on....
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  17. New Member
    QUICKRYDE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    44
    Posts
    467
    Rep Power
    349
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    14.5%

    lol Funny, I was typing the home issue in my "p.s". I just purchased a home in Tampa, FL for $90,000 less than the asking price because it's in Foreclosure. I purchased the house under a 30 year mortgage...the smart way to go. You can always prepay the 30 year loan, like a 15 year loan. The agent for the bank informed me, I grab the house for a sweet deal. It's actually a dream house, with a pool. If anyone looking for a house, this is the perfect market to buy a house. I highly recommend you go to the bank and search for homes because the banks are eager to sell the foreclosure homes. Why??? Because they are not in the business to sell homes. The banks are losing money, every time a home goes into foreclosure. You might find your dream home through the bank. Don’t be sucker into signing up for an ARM. If you can’t afford a home under the 15 or 30 year mortgage plan…don’t get one. The “ARM” will let you buy more home but it will cause you in the long run. Also, stay away from the 2nd mortgage because in this economy, it’s like rolling the dice…you don’t know what you’re going to get.




    Quote Originally Posted by atjnutrition2 View Post
    It's funny to me how everyone blames all their problems on Bush. Forget the fact that people bought more expensive homes than they could afford and they knew it when they bought them. Somehow it's the President's fault that they overspent. Average household credit card debt has been on the rise for years. Now that the bill is coming due, it's the President's fault that he won't bail them out. Whatever happened to living within your means? When are people going to stand up and take responsibility for their lives instead of blaming others? If you want to change your life, go and change it. Don't sit around the house complaining about how bad things are and blaming it on someone else. Make the necessary sacrifices and do something about it in order to better your situation.
  18. Advanced Member
    atjnutrition2's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    609
    Rep Power
    385
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    54.74%

    I have to add one more thing that I'm tired of. I'm tired of everyone blaming high gas prices on the intervention in Iraq. It is the speculators driving up the price of oil because of the falling value of the dollar. And no...this weakening of the dollar is not the President's fault. It is happening because of the lack of confidence of foreign investors in U.S. financial markets, as well as the fact that many foreign investors also are taking hits as a result of the lending crisis.

    And by the way....the economy actually grew in the last quarter....sure it didn't grow at as high a rate as it has in the past, but it still grew.

    Also, someone above said that the Republican's were pushing for more rebate checks...it is actually Obama who is promising more and larger rebate checks.
  19. New Member
    QUICKRYDE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    44
    Posts
    467
    Rep Power
    349
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    14.5%

    Well, that's what great about debates...everyone have an opinion but everything you said...did happen under the "BUSH" 8 year umbrella and still "McCain" is part of the "BUSH CAMP"...can you say repeat.

    Yes, I do own a few business and I'm doing very well for myself. For the last 6 years, I turned a nice profit for myself, my investments are doing well, just purchased a dream home in Tampa, Fl and I still have my condo in Chicago {because of the market but I can always rent it out.} So, your point again??? I might log back on later but right now, I see my boyz just arrived on their sportbikes and I feel the need for speed.


    I'm out



    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    Why? Unemployment is statistically low. You want Europe unemployment rate at 8%+?


    Wrong. It will take Congress to stop spending. Republicans spent and got booted out...(and they should have) but you voted in a Congress that has already surpassed them. Yay Democracy...



    Pales in comaprison to what we spend on foreigh oil....guess why we do that...because DEMOCRATS WON'T ALLOW ANY DRILLING.

    You tihnk you would see any of the money form the war? Think again.




    Unemployment is low. Its rising because we were at a significantly lower point for a long time. We still have the lowest in versus any industrial powerhouse. Want to know another reason why? Raising the minimum wage forced companies to cut workers. Who did that? Democratic Congress. We have the second highest tax rate in the world which makes it easier for companies to choose foreign investment vs domestic investment. Who is in favor of that? Democrats. For every doomsday you can name me about the last 8 years I can roll off statistic after statistic showing this economy healthier than ever. The current crisis was caused by policies formed in the mid 90's...not now.




    Then go for it because I will punch more holes in it and show you why most newspapers post what is politically expedient and not really the facts. Newspapers sell drama...not facts.



    That's because their management were morons expanding based solely off EXPENSIVE COFFEE. That's not the government failing, that's Starbucks.




    Once again...corporate tax rates and and economic boom slowing down.




    Yeah, go for it because you sound like someone who listens to politicians and doesn't own a business.




    Bush doesnt control the economy and if you think the President does, you're severely mistaken.





    That's because colleges have raised tuition to astronomical levels. Sorry, but people can't keep affording 20% increases each year. Once again, you let the college administrations pass while blaming the President.





    They said that about FDR, Lincoln, Reagan, Clinton, etc...
  20. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7018

    Quote Originally Posted by QUICKRYDE View Post

    So, your point again???

    That your statements reflect political talking points rather than the facts.

    Have fun on the bikes...
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  21. rollin' on dubs!
    WannaBeHulk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    923
    Rep Power
    570
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    52.8%

    Quote Originally Posted by atjnutrition2 View Post
    It's funny to me how everyone blames all their problems on Bush. Forget the fact that people bought more expensive homes than they could afford and they knew it when they bought them. Somehow it's the President's fault that they overspent. Average household credit card debt has been on the rise for years. Now that the bill is coming due, it's the President's fault that he won't bail them out. Whatever happened to living within your means? When are people going to stand up and take responsibility for their lives instead of blaming others? If you want to change your life, go and change it. Don't sit around the house complaining about how bad things are and blaming it on someone else. Make the necessary sacrifices and do something about it in order to better your situation.
    BINGO!!! This is nicely stated and bobo did a great job of disproving everything quickryde stated.

    just because people are created equal does not mean they remain equal. it should not be the government's responsibility to make sure everyone can live comfortably. if people are not allowed to fail, they will lack motivation. personal responsibility is a big thing for me. there are already far too many social programs available. but the democrat mindset is "what else can the government give me?" hmm, is this why the rest of the world views us as spoiled.

    quickryde: your investments are doing well, huh? are you aware of obama's capital gains tax? i guess we need to discourage saving and retirement.
  22. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    47
    Posts
    31,879
    Rep Power
    778120
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    28.64%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Whats kinda interesting about starbucks closing 600 stores is considering how many they opened since 2000 They've been opening over 1000 a year
  23. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    47
    Posts
    31,879
    Rep Power
    778120
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    28.64%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Any anyone who sais McCain will be more of Bush is way off. If you had been a republican and watched through the primaries for the 2000, you'd know the difference is pretty severe
  24. Senior Member
    Fastone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,312
    Rep Power
    838
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    31.37%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Any anyone who sais McCain will be more of Bush is way off. If you had been a republican and watched through the primaries for the 2000, you'd know the difference is pretty severe

    That was 2000, he's been roped in. One Question: Where is Osama Bin Laden and why haven't we gotten him yet.


    :bruce3:
  25. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    47
    Posts
    31,879
    Rep Power
    778120
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    28.64%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    That was 2000, he's been roped in. One Question: Where is Osama Bin Laden and why haven't we gotten him yet.


    :bruce3:
    So the 63 years mccain lived before that just all got washed away over the last 8 years? I guess by that same token you can say obama is unvotable as he spent half of his only federal position campaigning for the next one, and not fullfilling his duties as senator...

    And who cares about bin laden? What attacks on US soil has he made since 9-11? Finding him would be martyring him, letting him die from kidney failure in a cave doesn't carry the same mystique.
  26. Senior Member
    Fastone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,312
    Rep Power
    838
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    31.37%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    So the 63 years mccain lived before that just all got washed away over the last 8 years? I guess by that same token you can say obama is unvotable as he spent half of his only federal position campaigning for the next one, and not fullfilling his duties as senator...

    And who cares about bin laden? What attacks on US soil has he made since 9-11? Finding him would be martyring him, letting him die from kidney failure in a cave doesn't carry the same mystique.

    Yeah it's real obvious, you drank the Kool Aid. I don't care, show me him dead. He can be no more in death than he is to his followers in life.

    Personally, I like John McCain, If I were Republican I would have voted for him against Bush in 2000 however, ever since he got the nomination this year he has done nothing but pander to the ideology that is already in place in the White House. btw, we already had a real Hollywood president in Ronald Reagan. Though I didn't agree with a lot of his policies, I can't hate. He was probably the most effective president in modern times.


    :bruce3:
  27. Senior Member
    Nabisco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,163
    Rep Power
    683
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    25.94%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    The ignorance of modern Americans is going to get Obama elected, and they will rue that day four years from now when they are worse off. But it'll be change, like he promises.

    And I noticed this thread is another one plagued with Bush bashing by a few ill educated individuals.

    I wonder how many of those that back Obama so blindly have ever even had a basic economics course? Or maybe even read an economics book on their own?
  28. Elite Member
    suncloud's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,352
    Rep Power
    3262
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    30.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    lets not forget the major difference between these two. we are going in to iraq to do what? george bush SR's senior advisors told them to expect a bloodbath occupying baghdad. so we are bringing democracy to a place that doesn't want it? thats a democratic way of doing things..... honestly guys, this is not how we want to project ourselves internationally.

    secondly, we seem to be turning our sights on iran. does anyone know what will happen if the iranian president looks over to pakistan and N. korea and says "you're next, why don't we just get together now?" hello WW3.

    i don't think we should ever turn and run with our tails between our legs, but damn, we knew better than to FORCE SOMEONE TO ACCEPT DEMOCRACY. thats the most hypocritical thing i've ever heard.

    thirdly, we can't even take care of the injured troops that come home. remember "gulf syndrome"? the one where we were exposed to chemical weapons when we blew up a supply depot? the pentagons answer and i quote is "we have no indication that the iraqi's ever used chemical munitions against us". never mind we blew up the depot ourselves, we just decided that if someone got permanently injured, screw em - its their fault they signed up. under that policy, i'm all for bringing them home where at least there's someone here that gives a crap about them. at least when i was in bosnia, the army gave a crap if i got injured. now there's so many dead, we just don't care.

    lastly, lets try and fix our own country before we mess with someone else's. does everyone know that there is a critical organ shortage in the U.S.? the only way to jump ahead of the line is to be a senator or president. but wait, there's another way to do it in california. its not your fault you're an alcoholic with a messed up liver - shoot the bartender and jump up on that list buddy - because according to california law, its illegal to kill someone with a preexisting medical condition. thats right, death row took the organs your grandma was waiting for. yep, lets tell another country why this makes sense, then shoot them if they disagree. that way, if we go to jail for shooting them, we'll always have organs...

    oh, one more point. doesn't matter who gets elected if the terrorists really want to screw us up. if obama or mccain win, and get shot before he is sworn in, then who is president? the running mate would be vice president elect, and so would not be him. thankfully our constitution has an answer in place - the current president is still president - the term - life in office. argh...
  29. Advanced Member
    bigrobbierob's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    42
    Posts
    748
    Rep Power
    7809
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    16.03%

    Have you guys heard Obama speak w/o a written speech or teleprompter?

    "Uh...I um''

    He gave a 45 minute interview the other day (while in Germany I think) and it has almost 8 minutes of uh's and um's.

    In other words, if someone doesn't write it down for him, he's clueless.
  30. New Member
    GotTest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    484
    Rep Power
    333
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    66.66%

    Quote Originally Posted by atjnutrition2 View Post
    It's funny to me how everyone blames all their problems on Bush. Forget the fact that people bought more expensive homes than they could afford and they knew it when they bought them. Somehow it's the President's fault that they overspent. Average household credit card debt has been on the rise for years. Now that the bill is coming due, it's the President's fault that he won't bail them out. Whatever happened to living within your means? When are people going to stand up and take responsibility for their lives instead of blaming others? If you want to change your life, go and change it. Don't sit around the house complaining about how bad things are and blaming it on someone else. Make the necessary sacrifices and do something about it in order to better your situation.
    Well put!
  31. New Member
    GotTest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    484
    Rep Power
    333
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    66.66%

    Quote Originally Posted by QUICKRYDE View Post
    ... "McCain" is part of the "BUSH CAMP"...
    This is just NOT true.
    Just cause McCain's a Republican does not mean he's of the same "camp".

    You're old enough to remember Carter aren't you?
    Remember the days of Interest Rates through the roof, recession, taxes, lines at the gas pump...
    (History doesn't lie. Google "Historical interest rates" and look what happened in the "Carter days". Then look what happened when Reagan stepped in.)

    Well that's what you'll see with Obama if put in office. They have the same political views! SCARY!
    You think gas prices are high now?
  32. Advanced Member
    bigrobbierob's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    42
    Posts
    748
    Rep Power
    7809
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    16.03%

    [youtube]h2M8nX0_bp4[/youtube]
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Hollywood Cookie Diet
    By TipTopShape in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-10-2010, 09:06 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-16-2009, 01:29 PM
  3. Is Hollywood Juiced?
    By Smoky in forum General Chat
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-22-2006, 05:49 PM
  4. To The Hollywood Bunch
    By John Benz in forum General Chat
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 03-26-2003, 01:09 AM
  5. For my new friend Hollywood...
    By Jarconis in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-25-2003, 06:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in