Approval Poll"hows George W Bush Doing" ??? - AnabolicMinds.com

Approval Poll"hows George W Bush Doing" ???

  1. Senior Member
    anabolicrhino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,581
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Question Approval Poll"hows George W Bush Doing" ???


    ********: GEORGE W BUSH HISTORICAL POLL SLIDE ???

    This is a historical poll across the terms of recent presidents

    GWB like Barry Bonds is closing in on some big names, like his dad, then Carter and Ford!

    He is heading down toward Nixon / Truman territory !!

  2. New Member
    Tiberius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    335
    Rep Power
    256

    Reputation

    He soundly beat Ford. While he isn't as low as his dad's lowest rating he's lower than his dad's final rating.

    The drop in Nixon was only because of Watergate. Before Watergate broke his approval ratings were phenominal. After they dropped to nothing. Honestly I don't really count that. Really Nixon wasn't such a bad President. In fact I'd say he was a pretty good one. He did a lot of good with respect to the US's international trade relations, especially with China. Although Nixon did take us off the Gold Standard which probably wasn't a smart idea.

    Carter and Truman really and truly sucked.
  3. Board Supporter
    joecski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    46
    Posts
    776
    Rep Power
    507

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius View Post

    Carter and Truman really and truly sucked.
    Carter was probably the worst president in my lifetime, and definitely the worst ex-president. He undermines not only this country, but several of our allies, especially when he criticizes about the Palestinian policy, which I see as the only policy to pursue.

    I guarantee GWB's approval ratings go up before his term is over, not because there is no other way for them to go either. I believe that Iraq is at a tipping point and could go our way for a change. The other big mideast crisis with Israel and Palestine is coming to a head and negotiations can finally begin anew, Lebanon is heading in the right direction, and Iran may begin to negotiate over their stopping their pursuit of nukes, as North Korea is apparently already doing. But, the major force is the economy, and all is going well on that front. The RNC is waiting to get it's media machine cranking for 2008, when they do, everything GWB has done that is positive will be touted, and his ratings will soar. If they sold stock in him, I'd buy while it was at this current low!
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    spunkles182's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    183
    Rep Power
    206

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by anabolicrhino View Post
    ********: GEORGE W BUSH HISTORICAL POLL SLIDE ???

    This is a historical poll across the terms of recent presidents

    GWB like Barry Bonds is closing in on some big names, like his dad, then Carter and Ford!

    He is heading down toward Nixon / Truman territory !!
    I dont even know what those numbers mean. job-approval ratings? that same question could mean so many different things to different people. Id really like to see who they asked, how many people they asked, what questions they asked, how random the survey was... Without those questions we have no idea how biased this really is
  5. New Member
    jeglinas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    129

    Reputation

    How about those congress ratings????
  6. rollin' on dubs!
    WannaBeHulk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    923
    Rep Power
    568

    Reputation

    i approve of GW. he gets an undeserving amount of negative critisism. most people dont comprehend that someone in his position is much more informed with classified information in comparison to the general public. i cant wait for a dem to get elected and not change anything about our efforts on the war on terror when he or she(god forbid) is in office. since i find homealnd security to be a priority, im happy with the efforts thus far.
  7. New Member
    jeglinas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    129

    Reputation

    Thumbs up


    Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeHulk View Post
    i approve of GW. he gets an undeserving amount of negative critisism. most people dont comprehend that someone in his position is much more informed with classified information in comparison to the general public. i cant wait for a dem to get elected and not change anything about our efforts on the war on terror when he or she(god forbid) is in office. since i find homealnd security to be a priority, im happy with the efforts thus far.
    Great post!
  8. Board Supporter
    joecski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    46
    Posts
    776
    Rep Power
    507

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jeglinas View Post
    Great post!
    I agree with this, GWB takes way too much criticism for doing the RIGHT things. He has a vision, and he sticks with it. I'm sorry, but even though the majority of people taking polls in this country would cut and run from Iraq, that is the wrong policy to follow.
    GWB doesn't take any half-measures, he goes all out. When congress was calling for a pullout, he did a surge in troop levels. I think this was the right course of action based on the needs in the country, I think we have to secure Iraq to ensure any future stability for our own country, and I know fighting the terrorists in Iraq definitely draws down their resources to fight us over here, a good thing in my mind. I still see a big jump in his poll numbers come the end of this year.
  9. New Member
    Tiberius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    335
    Rep Power
    256

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by joecski View Post
    I agree with this, GWB takes way too much criticism for doing the RIGHT things. He has a vision, and he sticks with it. I'm sorry, but even though the majority of people taking polls in this country would cut and run from Iraq, that is the wrong policy to follow.
    GWB doesn't take any half-measures, he goes all out. When congress was calling for a pullout, he did a surge in troop levels. I think this was the right course of action based on the needs in the country, I think we have to secure Iraq to ensure any future stability for our own country, and I know fighting the terrorists in Iraq definitely draws down their resources to fight us over here, a good thing in my mind. I still see a big jump in his poll numbers come the end of this year.

    WTF are we there again?

    I'm gonna be blunt and honest here. I don't give a crap what happens to the people in Iraq and neither should our military. Their job aint protecting the world its protecting America and they aint doing that sitting in Iraq. The CIA has reported that the Iraq war has and continues to increase the likelihood of terrorist attack on the US.

    "Cut and run" is propaganda bullcrap. Reality folks: it's called baliing out of a project we never should have started in the first place. We don't belong there, we never belonged there. It was retarded to start the war in the first place and even MORE retarded to stay. No we should not "see this through." You'd gain more financial benefit from paying billions of federal funding to verify the viscosity of catsup.

    Seriously if we "see this through" what do we get? A peaceful iraq? First of all, not a chance in hell. Second, even if we did, WHO CARES?! How exactly does that in any way benefit Americans, that the Iraqis are living in peace? Call me heartless if you want, but I'm just being pragmatic. Clean up your own house before you start looking to clean up someone else's. And when you realise you are spending money on a project that is worthless, you end the project, you don't "see it through."


    I don't blaim Bush for that though. I blaim everyone in Washington who goes along with it. I'm also sick of Democrats compromising. There should be no compromise. get the troops out and stop all funding for the war immediately. We're hemoraging cash at a sickening rate because fo this crap.
  10. New Member
    jeglinas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    129

    Reputation

    So your what? Judge and jury? I don't give a crap what you say. Fairness doctorine in motion here
  11. New Member
    Tiberius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    335
    Rep Power
    256

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jeglinas View Post
    So your what? Judge and jury? I don't give a crap what you say. Fairness doctorine in motion here
    Yeah I'm not following your line of reasoning here. What exactly do you mean by this?
  12. New Member
    jeglinas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    129

    Reputation

    Read your own post,figure it out your self I will post later on tonight via 3rd shift 11-7 Later
  13. Board Supporter
    joecski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    46
    Posts
    776
    Rep Power
    507

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius View Post
    WTF are we there again?

    I'm gonna be blunt and honest here. I don't give a crap what happens to the people in Iraq and neither should our military. Their job aint protecting the world its protecting America and they aint doing that sitting in Iraq. The CIA has reported that the Iraq war has and continues to increase the likelihood of terrorist attack on the US.

    "Cut and run" is propaganda bullcrap. Reality folks: it's called baliing out of a project we never should have started in the first place. We don't belong there, we never belonged there. It was retarded to start the war in the first place and even MORE retarded to stay. No we should not "see this through." You'd gain more financial benefit from paying billions of federal funding to verify the viscosity of catsup.

    Seriously if we "see this through" what do we get? A peaceful iraq? First of all, not a chance in hell. Second, even if we did, WHO CARES?! How exactly does that in any way benefit Americans, that the Iraqis are living in peace? Call me heartless if you want, but I'm just being pragmatic. Clean up your own house before you start looking to clean up someone else's. And when you realise you are spending money on a project that is worthless, you end the project, you don't "see it through."


    I don't blaim Bush for that though. I blaim everyone in Washington who goes along with it. I'm also sick of Democrats compromising. There should be no compromise. get the troops out and stop all funding for the war immediately. We're hemoraging cash at a sickening rate because fo this crap.
    I would like to note that I do believethat the war in Iraq is unpopular and may lead to a terrorist attack, however, when waging a war you have to deal with your enemy directly. Our #1 enemy is al-qaeda. Al-qaeda is spending millions of dollars funding the insurgency in Iraq, the US military just captured a field hospital in Baquba(sp) that was state of the art, better than most nations are capable. It is a simple fact of warfare, the side with the most resources wins. my question is this - where would all those resources be going for Al-Qaeda if not directed towards Iraq? We would be facing a well funded and highly sophisticated attack here.

    You claim not to care about the Iraqi's, and that is fine by me. Our goals in Iraq are not about saving Iraqi's, they are to keep Iraq from becoming another Iran, who, since Carter blew the chance in the 70's to stop the Islamic revolution, have been major source of funding for terrorist groups such as Hamas and Hezbollah. Now, what do you care if the terrorize the middle east? Hezbollah has published plans to destroy the US and has planned attacks on US targets. Luckily, Lebanon is cracking down on Hezbollah, Hamas is infighting with Fatah, and neither group can spend resources on the US. THIS IS OUR GOAL! Winning wars is not about body count or flashy victories, as the terrorist groups believe, it is about conserving resources. This is why North Korea is a fly on the wall and China is a 800lb gorilla.
  14. rollin' on dubs!
    WannaBeHulk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    923
    Rep Power
    568

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by joecski View Post
    I would like to note that I do believethat the war in Iraq is unpopular and may lead to a terrorist attack, however, when waging a war you have to deal with your enemy directly. Our #1 enemy is al-qaeda. Al-qaeda is spending millions of dollars funding the insurgency in Iraq, the US military just captured a field hospital in Baquba(sp) that was state of the art, better than most nations are capable. It is a simple fact of warfare, the side with the most resources wins. my question is this - where would all those resources be going for Al-Qaeda if not directed towards Iraq? We would be facing a well funded and highly sophisticated attack here.

    You claim not to care about the Iraqi's, and that is fine by me. Our goals in Iraq are not about saving Iraqi's, they are to keep Iraq from becoming another Iran, who, since Carter blew the chance in the 70's to stop the Islamic revolution, have been major source of funding for terrorist groups such as Hamas and Hezbollah. Now, what do you care if the terrorize the middle east? Hezbollah has published plans to destroy the US and has planned attacks on US targets. Luckily, Lebanon is cracking down on Hezbollah, Hamas is infighting with Fatah, and neither group can spend resources on the US. THIS IS OUR GOAL! Winning wars is not about body count or flashy victories, as the terrorist groups believe, it is about conserving resources. This is why North Korea is a fly on the wall and China is a 800lb gorilla.
    yep, i strongly agree. its better to fight them there than here in america with other clever terrorist attacks to bring about many civilian casualties. ONE democrat has the right idea. joe lieberman suggests we attack iran. i think iran is more of a threat with all their support given to the enemy. by the way, its a war on terror, we're over there to keep things peaceful here.
  15. Board Supporter
    joecski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    46
    Posts
    776
    Rep Power
    507

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeHulk View Post
    yep, i strongly agree. its better to fight them there than here in america with other clever terrorist attacks to bring about many civilian casualties. ONE democrat has the right idea. joe lieberman suggests we attack iran. i think iran is more of a threat with all their support given to the enemy. by the way, its a war on terror, we're over there to keep things peaceful here.
  16. New Member
    Tiberius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    335
    Rep Power
    256

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by joecski View Post
    I would like to note that I do believethat the war in Iraq is unpopular and may lead to a terrorist attack, however, when waging a war you have to deal with your enemy directly. Our #1 enemy is al-qaeda. Al-qaeda is spending millions of dollars funding the insurgency in Iraq, the US military just captured a field hospital in Baquba(sp) that was state of the art, better than most nations are capable. It is a simple fact of warfare, the side with the most resources wins. my question is this - where would all those resources be going for Al-Qaeda if not directed towards Iraq? We would be facing a well funded and highly sophisticated attack here.

    You claim not to care about the Iraqi's, and that is fine by me. Our goals in Iraq are not about saving Iraqi's, they are to keep Iraq from becoming another Iran, who, since Carter blew the chance in the 70's to stop the Islamic revolution, have been major source of funding for terrorist groups such as Hamas and Hezbollah. Now, what do you care if the terrorize the middle east? Hezbollah has published plans to destroy the US and has planned attacks on US targets. Luckily, Lebanon is cracking down on Hezbollah, Hamas is infighting with Fatah, and neither group can spend resources on the US. THIS IS OUR GOAL! Winning wars is not about body count or flashy victories, as the terrorist groups believe, it is about conserving resources. This is why North Korea is a fly on the wall and China is a 800lb gorilla.

    Why exactly do you think the Iraq war is doing anything to stop terrorism? It isn't! It's increasing it. If we were to withdraw our troops we would be LESS likely to be hit by terrorists. Why are our troops anywhere in the world other than the USA?! WTF is the point?!

    The CIA at elast recognizes that having troop presence in a foreign nation increases the hostility of that nation's people against us. You folks seem to disregard that though.

    I see a whole lot of "the boogeyman hates us" but not a whole lot of why. I'll tell you why, because we've messed with their **** and we continue to mess with their ****. Well we need to stop messing with their ****.

    We'll still be targetted by terrorists for past aggressions but we won't be giving them new excuses. They'll focus on more important fish like people who STILL are messing with them. We need to get the hell out of there and just let them kill each other ffs already.


    We've had terrorists target this country for over half a century. Nothing is different. Oh and it all started cus we messed with their ****. If I'm not mistaken we supported the British in putting the Shah of Iran in power. That guy was a real winner.


    But I guess you guys would rather go with the tried and true method of conitnuing to poke the hornets nest with a stick.


    Oh and "war on terror?" What a bull**** phrase. Yeah let's declare war on a concept. Might as well declare war on fear. We will not stop until fear has ended. Oo or how about declaring war on theft! We will not stop until there are no more thieves! Oh that'll work.
  17. rollin' on dubs!
    WannaBeHulk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    923
    Rep Power
    568

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius View Post
    I see a whole lot of "the boogeyman hates us" but not a whole lot of why. I'll tell you why, because we've messed with their **** and we continue to mess with their ****. Well we need to stop messing with their ****.
    we werent at war with them before 9/11, they messed with us...
  18. Board Supporter
    joecski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    46
    Posts
    776
    Rep Power
    507

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius View Post
    Why exactly do you think the Iraq war is doing anything to stop terrorism? It isn't! It's increasing it. If we were to withdraw our troops we would be LESS likely to be hit by terrorists. Why are our troops anywhere in the world other than the USA?! WTF is the point?!
    First, I explained how having the troops fighting in Iraq effected terrorism in the US. I really don't want post the same thing twice, but it is a matter of resources. You say terrorism is increasing domestically, I haven't seen it. Can it be because the policies of this administration are working? Can't be that, must be luck. Whatever.

    We (theUS) have troops all over the world, we have had countless troops in Europe/Asia since the end of ww2 and Korean conflict. We currently are undergoing a buildup of forces in Africa, specifically Spec Ops forces aimed at deterring AlQaeda from gaining more of a foothold there. Is this the wrong thing to do?

    If our military was stationed just in the US, what would they do? Would they deter Americans from attacking ourselves? That doesn't make much sense to me, which is why we base our troops around the world strategically. Maybe in 1800 isolationism was the right policy, not now.
  19. Board Supporter
    joecski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    46
    Posts
    776
    Rep Power
    507

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius View Post
    We've had terrorists target this country for over half a century. Nothing is different. Oh and it all started cus we messed with their ****. If I'm not mistaken we supported the British in putting the Shah of Iran in power. That guy was a real winner..

    The Shah of Iran may have been a dictator, but he was far and away a better leader for Iran than the Ayatollah Khomeini, who is not only the dictator but also the god-figure for Iran. Iran may look like a parliamentary republic, but no decisions can be made without the Ayatollah's consent, and his Revolutionary Guard is the elite fighting unit of Iran. Ask any of the younger woman in Iran if their life is better than their mothers,and all will tell you no. In the Iran of the 70's, it was very close to a Western lifestyle, students of both sexes attended western schools and brought their knowledge back to Iran. Now they live in fear, dissidents are routinely jailed, and women endure the lack of rights provided by Islamic law.

    Iran is really no different than Afghanistan was under the Taliban, except they have oil to fall back on, the Taliban had only drug money and Alqaeda funding them. Oh wait, I guess it might have been wrong to go into Afghanistan too, our troops should have stayed home.
  20. New Member
    Tiberius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    335
    Rep Power
    256

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeHulk View Post
    we werent at war with them before 9/11, they messed with us...
    911 wasn't special. Sorry hate to breka it to you. Stop holding it up like some kind of banner. It was a terrorist attack. So was the bombing of airliners for years. So was the bombing of the WTC back in 1993. SO was the bombing in Oklahoma city.

    The only thing different about 911 was the death toll and the economic impact were larger.

    It wasn't an act of war committed by a foreign country. No one is trying to invade us. No one is trying to conquer us. the objective was not to eliminate us or to conquer us or to invade us. The objective was to cause fear. It worked. They scared you and so many others so bad, now you think there's a boogeyman out there named Al Qaeda who at any moment will jump you in your sleep. You're so afraid you've allowed the US government to piss on your rights. You're so afraid you let them declare a war on some random country that had absolutely nothing to do with 911 anyway. You're so afraid, all the US government has to do to get your approval for anything is say the words "war on terror" and you give them blanket approval to do anything they want.


    You want to stop being terrorized? Stop being so terrified of terrorist attacks. Just brush them off and go about your business. Let the government find out the people involved, arrest them, put them on trial, and convict them. The way they always have in the past. The way it has always worked.
  21. rollin' on dubs!
    WannaBeHulk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    923
    Rep Power
    568

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius View Post
    You want to stop being terrorized? Stop being so terrified of terrorist attacks. Just brush them off and go about your business. Let the government find out the people involved, arrest them, put them on trial, and convict them. The way they always have in the past. The way it has always worked.
    and thats exactly what the government is doing. unforunately, those people arent in the US as much as iraq and iran. the NSA, FBI, and CIA are constantly interrupting terrorist siganls that pose threats to homeland security. they know what they are doing. i guess i love america so much that i want it protected. GO BACK TO HIPPIEVILLE!!!
  22. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7016

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius View Post
    911 wasn't special. Sorry hate to breka it to you. Stop holding it up like some kind of banner. It was a terrorist attack. So was the bombing of airliners for years. So was the bombing of the WTC back in 1993. SO was the bombing in Oklahoma city.
    That has to be the most ridiculous and asinine statement I've ever heard. Yeah, it wasn't special.

    The only thing different about 911 was the death toll and the economic impact were larger.
    Its very obvious where your cares lie. Money. You bring it up in every post.

    It wasn't an act of war committed by a foreign country. No one is trying to invade us. No one is trying to conquer us. the objective was not to eliminate us or to conquer us or to invade us. The objective was to cause fear. It worked.

    Actually it was to disrupt our economy. They've said this many times.

    They scared you and so many others so bad, now you think there's a boogeyman out there named Al Qaeda who at any moment will jump you in your sleep.
    Not scared, pissed off. But its funny how you think you know what everyone else feels...or should feel. You've done this on many occasions only to be proven severely ignorant.


    You're so afraid you've allowed the US government to piss on your rights.
    Haven't pissed on my rights. Sorry to hear you are so paranoid.

    You're so afraid you let them declare a war on some random country that had absolutely nothing to do with 911 anyway.
    911 had nothing to do with my viewpoint at all but thanks for telling us what we all thought

    You're so afraid, all the US government has to do to get your approval for anything is say the words "war on terror" and you give them blanket approval to do anything they want.
    Nice assumption once again. My suggestion, stay off the Kool Aid and stop telling everyone what they thought or what they should think. You won't sound as ridiculous....

    You want to stop being terrorized? Stop being so terrified of terrorist attacks. Just brush them off and go about your business. Let the government find out the people involved, arrest them, put them on trial, and convict them.
    They do, but they are infringing on your "rights". I guess with you, its a no win situation.

    ABC News: Feds Foil JFK Plot; 4th Suspect Sought

    JFK plot foiled. The "boogeyman" was striking again.....but it was fake..we should just go about our business and not worry.

    The way they always have in the past. The way it has always worked.
    Right. The got 2 chances at the WTC.....finally brought them down. USS Cole, US embassies, Marine Barracks bombing, etc, etc, etc....the list goes on. Lets just sit back and wait for another one because goddamnit my rights are being infringed upon!!!

    Gimme a break....


    Another war *****ing thread closed. Deal with it.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Poll - how many protein shakes do you take a day
    By delsolrob in forum Supplements
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 01-19-2009, 01:30 AM
  2. POLL: How many times/week do you workout? FREE PRODUCT!
    By macedaddy in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 144
    Last Post: 12-27-2007, 12:15 PM
  3. George W. Bush's best quotes of 2007...lol
    By pistonpump in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-13-2007, 09:11 AM
  4. Poll on how many people did M1T with no problems
    By Jason161 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-04-2004, 01:37 AM
  5. How many people here do the high-carb meal/day?
    By JohnGafnea in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-02-2003, 06:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in