Donald Trump running for president

Page 929 of 946 First ... 927928929930931 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    The only thing this proves is that your country isn't very good at enforcing the law
    You finally see the light.

    Which is done by the leadership of the court and each state. Which is the crux of many people's argumentioned that more laws won't prevent crimes.




    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ic...rticle/2589785

    Immigration released to freedom 19,723 criminal illegal aliens, that had a combined 64,197 convictions, of which 8234 were violent crime convictions. But our Federal leadership in 2015 decided not to deport them, per standing law.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by youngandfree View Post
    http://www.iihs.org/iihs/topics/t/ge...state-overview

    I'm still 3 times more likely to die in a car crash than being shot. Average of 109 deaths per million.
    You seem proud of this fact.

    So not only is your chances of getting shot quite high, so are your chances of getting killed in a car accident.

    Its not like it's a contest to see which method of death is most common. It's still am appaling stat
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels for strength, Focus XT for mental performance & Joint Support XT for pain free mobility
    •   
       

  3. Donald Trump running for president


    Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    The only thing this proves is that your country isn't very good at enforcing the law.

    But in all fairness, if you guys are not concerned that much with deaths by firearms, then meh.
    Please respond to my points. I think the biggest concern is how to reduce deaths and killings period. Reducing gun deaths is a great goal, and certainly good, but reducing total deaths and killings is paramount without a doubt. I'm not saying that reducing gun deaths will result in a 1:1 increase in other deaths, but saying eliminating 10k gun deaths will eliminate 10k total deaths is not likely, nor is it even likely that we can actually prevent all of the 10k deaths due to the omnipresence of guns in America and among criminals. Again, we have agreed that something should be done, and one some steps to start with, but twisting statistics and exaggerating people's stances/opinions does you no favors.

    Edit: Also, if we can't enforce current laws, shouldn't our focus be on enforcing existing laws before passing more laws that we likely also wouldn't be able to enforce?
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  4. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    A significantly greater percent of deaths by firearm are suicides relative to the percent of vehicle deaths by suicide. I don't even think the CDC tracks vehicle suicide, as its a very uncommon form of suicide. I just did the math, and it's something like 93% of suicides come from poisoning, suffocation, and firearms. That leaves at most 7% for EVERYTHING else. You guys in favor of reducing guns have some reasonable arguments, but perverting data to exaggerate these points only makes you look bad and makes it easy to discount the rest of what you say, even if it may be true.

    Edit: One source lists approximately 1.7% of fatalities involving vehicles were deemed suicides. It was a small sample size, but we know it's a low number to begin with.
    http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/doi/...ournalCode=ajp
    Why do you assume I'm for "reducing guns" because I told somebody they don't get to modify statistics based on their personal feelings or that I think something should be done to prevent guns deaths? That's a huge part of the problem. People have divided the issue into two sides and there are knee jerk reactions like that when somebody mentions change. Automatically it's "they're trying to take our guns away." Again, I own guns and I live in Texas. Why the assumptions?
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  5. Donald Trump running for president


    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    Why do you assume I'm for "reducing guns" because I told somebody they don't get to modify statistics based on their personal feelings or that I think something should be done to prevent guns deaths? That's a huge part of the problem. People have divided the issue into two sides and there are knee jerk reactions like that when somebody mentions change. Automatically it's "they're trying to take our guns away." Again, I own guns and I live in Texas. Why the assumptions?
    It was a generalized statement, maybe I worded it wrong. Have I been knee-jerk here? Have I claimed to be on one side? I both said I support the right to bear arms, concealed carry, etc, but also that I support increased penalties for gun related crimes, support a ban on bumpfire stocks, support considering mental health issues, etc. I apologize for accusing you of something, but the "vehicle suicide" thing is largely a moot point, but I suppose there's no way you would have known that without researching it. To restate, 63.6% of firearm deaths were suicides, compared to ~1.7% of vehicle deaths. One is the majority, one is largely negligible. Again, I apologize if I came off as accusing you of using that question/logic as an argument against gun ownership, it was just not supported by facts at all, as I pointed out.

    Edit: As a side note, while not all people who say they want to reduce gun violence are "coming for our guns," many prominent politicians like Obama, Clinton, and Feinstein have supported what would be taking many people's guns, including bans on semi-automatic weapons and/or handguns. That's not you though, so I'm sorry if I assumed it was.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by youngandfree View Post
    Ask those in positions of power to make laws and regulations why they only feign public outrage and dismay over gun deaths and not the multitude of other ways that you are more likely to die from. When the arguments are made out to be that guns are the leading cause of death, when they're not, and we need tighter restrictions on them, it seems disengenuous, for reasons that have been discussed here many times. The Democrats and progressives have been attacking and trying to change the Constitution for a century or so now, so attacking a freedom with nonsense regulations is a non starter.
    I'm asking a general question to people as human beings. If you're unable to answer the question, then shut the **** up.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  7. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    It was a generalized statement, maybe I worded it wrong. Have I been knee-jerk here? Have I claimed to be on one side? I both said I support the right to bear arms, concealed carry, etc, but also that I support increased penalties for gun related crimes, support a ban on bumpfire stocks, support considering mental health issues, etc. I apologize for accusing you of something, but the "vehicle suicide" thing is largely a moot point, but I suppose there's no way you would have known that without researching it. To restate, 63.6% of firearm deaths were suicides, compared to ~1.7% of vehicle deaths. One is the majority, one is largely negligible. Again, I apologize if I came off as accusing you of using that question/logic as an argument against gun ownership, it was just not supported by facts at all, as I pointed out.
    You're fine, but thanks for clarifying. You're right about there being more gun suicides than vehicle suicides. I'm pointing out that manipulating data like that based on personal preference starts down a tricky path. The same with mental health restrictions. People on both sides keep saying that, but that's a whole other cluster waiting to happen because you have to ask what mental health issues will be included and who gets to decide? It'll start off as serious mental health diagnoses, but like everything else will get abused and exploited. And that's ignoring who gets to decide why somebody with depression now doesn't have Constitutional rights.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    You're fine, but thanks for clarifying. You're right about there being more gun suicides than vehicle suicides. I'm pointing out that manipulating data like that based on personal preference starts down a tricky path. The same with mental health restrictions. People on both sides keep saying that, but that's a whole other cluster waiting to happen because you have to ask what mental health issues will be included and who gets to decide? It'll start off as serious mental health diagnoses, but like everything else will get abused and exploited. And that's ignoring who gets to decide why somebody with depression now doesn't have Constitutional rights.
    But I'm not manipulating any data, so I don't know why you're attacking me again over it.
  9. Donald Trump running for president


    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    You're fine, but thanks for clarifying. You're right about there being more gun suicides than vehicle suicides. I'm pointing out that manipulating data like that based on personal preference starts down a tricky path. The same with mental health restrictions. People on both sides keep saying that, but that's a whole other cluster waiting to happen because you have to ask what mental health issues will be included and who gets to decide? It'll start off as serious mental health diagnoses, but like everything else will get abused and exploited. And that's ignoring who gets to decide why somebody with depression now doesn't have Constitutional rights.
    I agree, depression from losing a loved one should not be disqualifying; that's not attempting to keep guns out of dangerous peoples' hands, but using "mental health" as a facade for "gun control." Having a history of violent outbursts, or serious mental issues, perhaps things like delusions and/or voices in your head telling you do do dangerous/harmful things is a completely different story though. I've tried to be as objective here in my analysis of statistics as possible. Note that I corrected the incorrect statements about Brazil and the PEACE (not safety) index, as well as the vehicle suicide vs firearm suicide data, but still did admit that the US does have a somewhat higher murder rate (total) than other countries like New Zealand. I'm trying to be as logical and objective as possible here.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    You seem proud of this fact.

    So not only is your chances of getting shot quite high, so are your chances of getting killed in a car accident.

    Its not like it's a contest to see which method of death is most common. It's still am appaling stat
    I'm not proud of it. Simply stating that your hyper distress over chances of being shot in the US are much less than being in a car. And considering I'm in a car for 8-12 hours/day for work, that's even more probability I'll fit into that category.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    I give up man. You guys will just have to live with the fact that 10,000+ people will die every year because you fail to see that the main reason they die from gun shots, is because a gun fired them.

    If you think that makes your nation safe, and that you are willing to sacrifice the lives of 10,000+ Americans each year (850,000+ in your life time on average) then by all means justify away.
    If you want to visit a safe place in America and more than likely the entire globe where almost nobody gets shot, and also have some of the lowest crime rates than any corner of New Zealand (and the entire globe) you can tour over in those towns where you posted those pictures (below) of the people carrying big guns on their back into the grocery stores...ya know the ones who live in "paranoia" yet live in more than likely the safest environment in the entire globe. If you want to visit hell holes where people die every day go to heavily gun restricted liberal run down shythole areas like Chicago. Thats the truth.

    Attachment 156241
    Attachment 156242
    This message was paid for by the Russians

  12. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    Having ONLY open carry and no concealed carry would essentially make it crystal clear to criminals that anyone not openly displaying a gun is unarmed, and therefore an easier target. The potential of concealed carry at least gives a criminal some level of doubt or concern as to if a potential target is armed. I think open carry does have its reasons and benefits, particularly for store owners, but I think that outlawing concealed carry in favor of only open carry would be a terrible idea.
    I dont think having open carry means no anyone could be having concealed carry. Open carry doesnt mean you have to show your gun everywhere you go right? It should be a personal option. Heck....you can do both concealed and open carry at the same time!
    This message was paid for by the Russians
  13. Donald Trump running for president


    Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    I dont think having open carry means no anyone could be having concealed carry. Open carry doesnt mean you have to show your gun everywhere you go right? It should be a personal option. Heck....you can do both concealed and open carry at the same time!
    True, I'm just saying that I believe concealed carry is more vital than open carry, and that open carry alone may be a bad idea. I don't really know if anyone actually supports open carry and not concealed carry though.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  14. Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    If you want to visit a safe place in America and more than likely the entire globe where almost nobody gets shot, and also have some of the lowest crime rates than any corner of New Zealand (and the entire globe) you can tour over in those towns where you posted those pictures (below) of the people carrying big guns on their back into the grocery stores...ya know the ones who live in "paranoia" yet live in more than likely the safest environment in the entire globe. If you want to visit hell holes where people die every day go to heavily gun restricted liberal run down shythole areas like Chicago. Thats the truth.

    Attachment 156241
    Attachment 156242
    It's very hard to argue against baseless stats lol. You just made all of that up and tried to pass it off as fact
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels for strength, Focus XT for mental performance & Joint Support XT for pain free mobility

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    It's very hard to argue against baseless stats lol. You just made all of that up and tried to pass it off as fact
    Honestly I did I’m going by opinion only. I assume I’m close to accurate but that’s just my opinion and proof is proof.

    Where were those pictures taken we can try to pull the info up? I need help I’m on the Beijing subway typing this having fun out all day so excuse that I having putting as much research into my posts as I could just trying to contribute on vacation, its a good debate and a good time.
    This message was paid for by the Russians

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    The only thing this proves is that your country isn't very good at enforcing the law.

    But in all fairness, if you guys are not concerned that much with deaths by firearms, then meh.
    The government doesn’t even enforce itself, violating all 10 bill of rights on a consistent basis. They are corrupt, out of control, smuggle guns, heavy arms and drugs across borders along many other countries to thugs and terrorists every day for decades and you want them to take our guns? Then Mexican drug cartels and Al-queda can use what the US Government took from us, except we had to buy them and then we pay with our tax dollars to both let them steal them away from us, then export them and they can have them for free with free training and Obamacare benefits!

    Letting the gun/drug smuggling thugs in Washington take our guns won’t make the world safer believe me, including NZ. Your better off letting Americans citizens solve their own issues without government interventionism. Interventionism, social engineering, and overall letting our guards down to protect our founding principles (Bill of Rights) is what has been turning this country into a shythole to begin with. We need not more government interventionism, but far, far less of it and restoring our founding principles of a free society and revert the globes most precious jewel that goes by the name of USA back to what its supposed to be to reach its true potential.
    This message was paid for by the Russians

  17. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    I agree, depression from losing a loved one should not be disqualifying; that's not attempting to keep guns out of dangerous peoples' hands, but using "mental health" as a facade for "gun control." Having a history of violent outbursts, or serious mental issues, perhaps things like delusions and/or voices in your head telling you do do dangerous/harmful things is a completely different story though. I've tried to be as objective here in my analysis of statistics as possible. Note that I corrected the incorrect statements about Brazil and the PEACE (not safety) index, as well as the vehicle suicide vs firearm suicide data, but still did admit that the US does have a somewhat higher murder rate (total) than other countries like New Zealand. I'm trying to be as logical and objective as possible here.
    I completely agree that you are and thank you or it.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  18. Quote Originally Posted by DemntedCowboy View Post
    Seems like the most protected restaurant and grocery store around. Like the "old west" less crime cause everyone carried and the death penalty was quick without costing tax payers money cause it only cost the price of a bullet
    Actually the "old west" had stricter gun control than we do now.

    "In 1619, the Virginia House of Burgesses passed a law making the transfer of guns to Native Americans punishable by death. Other laws across the colonies criminalized selling or giving firearms to slaves, indentured servants, Catholics, vagrants and those who refused to swear a loyalty oath to revolutionary forces. Guns could be confiscated or kept in central locations for the defense of the community. And in the late 1700s and early 1800s, the state and federal governments conducted several arms censuses. "

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.1d61faad0c45

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...0500207_2.html

    https://origins.osu.edu/history-news...l-and-old-west

    https://heritage.utah.gov/history/uh...-pioneers-guns

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    If we were having this discussion then, id agree. But in this age we have so many social issues and other issues that a wild west environment wouldnt work.
    It didn't work well then either. See my other post

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Misfit28 View Post
    Actually the "old west" had stricter gun control than we do now.

    "In 1619, the Virginia House of Burgesses passed a law making the transfer of guns to Native Americans punishable by death. Other laws across the colonies criminalized selling or giving firearms to slaves, indentured servants, Catholics, vagrants and those who refused to swear a loyalty oath to revolutionary forces. Guns could be confiscated or kept in central locations for the defense of the community. And in the late 1700s and early 1800s, the state and federal governments conducted several arms censuses. "

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.1d61faad0c45

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...0500207_2.html

    https://origins.osu.edu/history-news...l-and-old-west

    https://heritage.utah.gov/history/uh...-pioneers-guns
    Yep, but yet almost everyone carried openly and only had to check their weapons at public events with local authorities...such as public hangings and town festivals. Again if you walk into a bank with the intention of doing wrong, and everyone to include the bank employees all habe weapons. You would be less likely to try to attempt to carry out that objective. You never go into a mission without outnumbering your objective with atleast 3 to 1 odds.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by DemntedCowboy View Post
    Yep, but yet almost everyone carried openly and only had to check their weapons at public events with local authorities...such as public hangings and town festivals. Again if you walk into a bank with the intention of doing wrong, and everyone to include the bank employees all habe weapons. You would be less likely to try to attempt to carry out that objective. You never go into a mission without outnumbering your objective with atleast 3 to 1 odds.
    I can see that. Some towns had more strict ordinances where you couldn't carry openly in town, though.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Misfit28 View Post
    I can see that. Some towns had more strict ordinances where you couldn't carry openly in town, though.
    This is true, and thats why those towns arent around anymore. Lol. Jk

  23. Quote Originally Posted by DemntedCowboy View Post
    This is true, and thats why those towns arent around anymore. Lol. Jk
    Lol.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    oh only half that. Well that's better then isnt it.

    In germany, austria, NZ, poland, england and japan (equates to a total population equiv to the US) the chances of dying by gun shot are, on average, one in 5 million or 0.2 people per million.

    In the US? 31 people per million, or 27 shot each day.

    even if you half that, that's still wildly above any other country combined.
    maybe...you could be writing Britain off that list. they are asking all police if they want to or are willing to carry guns.... last year Scotland yard announced they would be increasing the amount of armed officers by 600.
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!
  25. Donald Trump running for president


    Quote Originally Posted by Misfit28 View Post
    Actually the "old west" had stricter gun control than we do now.

    "In 1619, the Virginia House of Burgesses passed a law making the transfer of guns to Native Americans punishable by death. Other laws across the colonies criminalized selling or giving firearms to slaves, indentured servants, Catholics, vagrants and those who refused to swear a loyalty oath to revolutionary forces. Guns could be confiscated or kept in central locations for the defense of the community. And in the late 1700s and early 1800s, the state and federal governments conducted several arms censuses. "

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.1d61faad0c45

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...0500207_2.html

    https://origins.osu.edu/history-news...l-and-old-west

    https://heritage.utah.gov/history/uh...-pioneers-guns
    There's nothing wrong with gun control being strong but it must have a purpose, empty laws effecting citizens that deserve to be regulated less will see theses laws as worthless.

    Edit: It must serve the purpose in favor of the law abiding citizens.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. why Roseane deserves a chance to run for president
    By kingdong in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-31-2016, 01:43 PM
  2. Donald Trump sues 'malicious' Palm Beach airport for $100
    By The Solution in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-13-2015, 09:04 PM
  3. Paris running for President!
    By Jayhawkk in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-07-2008, 11:40 AM
  4. Who Is Running For President ???
    By anabolicrhino in forum Politics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-07-2007, 01:16 PM
  5. 1,4 and 4AD run for Swoled Up program
    By Champ in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-26-2003, 10:30 PM
Log in
Log in