Donald Trump running for president

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
I just saw Trumps announcement that he is running for president, I also just saw where he's being dropped from selling his clothing line from a large clothing chain and he was fired from NBC. Any thoughts on him running for president? Does he have a chance?

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
That's true, but I do think it matters who the face of the country is. If the president is more of a liberal then things like universal healthcare is passed and gay marriage is made legal and if they are more conservative there is more focus on things like education and illegal immigration.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
who do you think its between on the republican ticket?

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
haha so zero chance. That's cool with me.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Trump is a brilliant businessman. People may call out his past bankruptcies, but make a note those were corporate bankruptcies. He has never filed. He is a shark with a keen sense for smelling blood and making money.

Realistically he would be an efficient leader but one that would perform poorly in a nation with such a large passion for helping the little guy and minorities right now. He would help the economy though, probably just not through routes most people would like. Then again most people have no understanding of how business works.

In the end though I would never vote for the guy.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Trump is a brilliant businessman. People may call out his past bankruptcies, but make a note those were corporate bankruptcies. He has never filed. He is a shark with a keen sense for smelling blood and making money.

Realistically he would be an efficient leader but one that would perform poorly in a nation with such a large passion for helping the little guy and minorities right now. He would help the economy though, probably just not through routes most people would like. Then again most people have no understanding of how business works.

In the end though I would never vote for the guy.
My opinion on trump is that he's a business man, I don't think he would do well as a political figure. especially not as president. Does he have any political background?

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
My opinion on trump is that he's a business man, I don't think he would do well as a political figure. especially not as president. Does he have any political background?
No he does not. Then again political background equates to an in depth understanding of the manipulation system we have in place and public relations. Nothing more.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
No he does not. Then again political background equates to an in depth understanding of the manipulation system we have in place and public relations. Nothing more.
How much political background did Obama have. State senator, 1 term US Senator. maybe we need someone that's not tied to the political machine.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
How much political background did Obama have. State senator, 1 term US Senator. maybe we need someone that's not tied to the political machine.
Like who? What qualifications would you say are necessary for running for president?

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Like who? What qualifications would you say are necessary for running for president?
Personally, anyone that gets the establishment republicans and democrats scared enough they feel like they need to destroy them is a good start. Trump is a straight shooter, knows about the economics involved without relying solely on advisors, and can't do any we worse than Obama and his radical college buddies that have been calling the shots lately.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Personally, anyone that gets the establishment republicans and democrats scared enough they feel like they need to destroy them is a good start. Trump is a straight shooter, knows about the economics involved without relying solely on advisors, and can't do any we worse than Obama and his radical college buddies that have been calling the shots lately.
How exactly is he a straight shooter? I watched his presidential run speech and he just seems like a bored rich guy.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Is that speech the only time you've ever seen Trump speak? Maybe you missed the part of him telling the truth about illegal aliens, that started the ruckus you opened the thread about. That's pretty damn straight talk. Which of the other candidates on either side have ever talked about a major issue like that? None.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Personally I think military service should be required in ones past myself. If you are going to be making choices that affect the lives of millions you should know the value of life.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Personally I think military service should be required in ones past myself. If you are going to be making choices that affect the lives of millions you should know the value of life.
I agree 100%.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Is that speech the only time you've ever seen Trump speak? Maybe you missed the part of him telling the truth about illegal aliens, that started the ruckus you opened the thread about. That's pretty damn straight talk. Which of the other candidates on either side have ever talked about a major issue like that? None.
No, it's not. He's been all over TV pageants and shows. I mean that's your opinion, I personally don't agree that every illegal immigrant is a rapist and a thief.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
He said that Mexico is sending us the people with problems. Bringing drugs and crime. But he assumes that some of them are good people.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.
What part of that was factually inaccurate or even inflammatory as has been made out by the media?

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
What part of that was factually inaccurate or even inflammatory as has been made out by the media?
I'd love to read the statistics on immigration and a break down of the crime rate if you could provide it.
I'm sure at the republican debate it will get brought up again, hopefully he will go more in depth on the subject.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
I agree there, I don't see how all of the sudden the confederate flag is overly offensive. That kid was insane.
Besides that one case, I would like to see the stats on the immigrants from Mexico and the said incline in rape and theft and crime.

Otheridstaken

Otheridstaken

Awards
That's true, but I do think it matters who the face of the country is. If the president is more of a liberal then things like universal healthcare is passed and gay marriage is made legal and if they are more conservative there is more focus on things like education and illegal immigration.
The face of the country is the face the powerful want everyone to see. The president is just an actor. Good 'ol George W could not be as stupid as he made out. Everything was written for him, to serve a purpose.
"I know how hard it is to put food on your family." LOL The person who wrote this stuff is a comic genius.
Obama wants gun control. Democrats are known for that right? So they need a democrat to push for it.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1. That there is a significent immigration issue involving Mexicans

2. That the majority of Mexican illegal immigrants are criminals and/or rapist

Both are factually inaccurate

Immigration trends do not correlate with violent crimes and the net immigration from Mexico past few years has been zero.

Unless you have evidence to dispute this... evidence besides, "I just know", please

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Let's see, I just posted an article quoting FBI numbers that 95% of arrest warrants are for illegals from Mexico.

I'm curious to see what you base your claim on.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
According to an Immigration and Customs Enforcement report provided to Congress, just 1,000 illegal immigrant criminals tracked by ICE “had amassed nearly 88,000 convictions among them including 193 homicide convictions, 426 sexual assault convictions, 303 kidnapping convictions, and 16,070 drunken- or drugged-driving convictions.”

That’s right, illegal immigrants are getting behind the wheel as well.

Even the liberal New York Times has reported that approximately 4.5 million illegal immigrants drive in the U.S. despite having no drivers license, no insurance, and no registration.

The Office of Immigration Statistics at the Department of Homeland Security reports that of the nearly 200,000 deportations of illegal aliens over a one-year period, nearly 25 percent had committed criminal traffic offenses, primarily driving under the influence. Congressman Steve King (R-IA) reports that illegal immigrant drunk drivers kill 13 Americans every day — that’s a death toll of nearly 5,000 people per year.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
I can't wait to see how it goes at the republican debate on September 16th

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Off Topic.

I've been watching 9/11 exposed. I'm stupid for never knowing that there was another building that collapsed (building 7). All these conspiracy theories are scary.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Off Topic.

I've been watching 9/11 exposed. I'm stupid for never knowing that there was another building that collapsed (building 7). All these conspiracy theories are scary.
Yeah, I didn't know that either until we went over it in my criminal investigation class. It's crazy that they expect us to believe that somehow debris is what made just that building come down. You should watch Loose Change on YouTube. Very interesting stuff

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I didn't know that either until we went over it in my criminal investigation class. It's crazy that they expect us to believe that somehow debris is what made just that building come down. You should watch Loose Change on YouTube. Very interesting stuff
I'm a bit freaked out finding all this stuff but it's captured my attention so much, I want to watch everything. I want to know all the conspiracies!!!

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
I'm a bit freaked out finding all this stuff but it's captured my attention so much, I want to watch everything. I want to know all the conspiracies!!!
Theres so much info online, i believe theres like 4 or 5 movies about everything that happened and how they were trying to make it public or somethiing on hulu

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Theres so much info online, i believe theres like 4 or 5 movies about everything that happened and how they were trying to make it public or somethiing on hulu
I'll have to check it out. Nothing makes sennnnnnnnse!!!!!!!

Otheridstaken

Otheridstaken

Awards
9-11 mysteries is a good one. Zeitgeist is the movie that made me look at everything in a new light.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Watching it now and wow....

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Wait until you get to where they let you hear the fire/ems radio that day, talking about explosions coming fromt the bottom floors right before the second building was hit

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
What a bunch of tin foil hat wearing nut jobs. I'm going to have to check these out. ;)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/911:_In_Plane_Site

This is on Netflix also. It's pretty good. It shows the original first reports by news people and how they differ greatly from the later official narrative.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok, so as a native NYer I will say this, a good friend of mine worked in building 7 and was there that day. I don't believe we will ever know the full truth of the story, the same way we wont with
1. Kennedy both (JFK & RFK) assassination
2. Roswell crash

There are a lot of things we will never know and are not deemed appropriate for the gen. pop.

On to the political side, I know a lot people are freaking out about Trump leading in the polls....a couple of quick thoughts:
1. Its very early
2. The following were in the lead at points in 2012
  • Herman Cain
  • Newt Gingrich
  • Mitt Romney
  • Rick Perry
  • Rick Santorum
I think that says enough :)

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Trying to watch Fahrenheit 9/11. Ugh, too scary. Reality in your face!!!!!

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
Same thing with me man Zeitgeist made me really open my eyes. Makes it so hard to trust anything the media and or govt says!

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
Btw who actually thinks anything will come of his "I'd kick his ass" comment about el chapo?