Donald Trump running for president

Page 3 of 949 First 12345 ... Last

  1. Trump running for President makes the U.S. look foolish. He is a goon!


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Otheridstaken View Post
    9-11 mysteries is a good one. Zeitgeist is the movie that made me look at everything in a new light.
    Quote Originally Posted by fame126 View Post
    Same thing with me man Zeitgeist made me really open my eyes. Makes it so hard to trust anything the media and or govt says!
    Either of you watch the 2nd and 3rd parts to Zeitgeist?

    Takes a little different turn, but still pretty thought provoking.
    •   
       

  3. Donald Trump running for president


    And as far as Trump running for Pres, no, the powers that be would never allow it. It's a side-show. We would be the laughing stock of the civilized world. We already are in science and education. Doesn't matter how economically savvy he is, his foreign policy would be a disaster. The face of the nation has to exemplify diplomacy. And Trump does not fit the bill.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by youngandfree View Post
    I wouldn't watch anything that Michael Moore produced and expect anything other than flaming lefty agenda.
    Yet all your links are from TheBlaze. Hardly a centralized outfit.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Dma378 View Post
    Either of you watch the 2nd and 3rd parts to Zeitgeist?

    Takes a little different turn, but still pretty thought provoking.
    Yes, I have watched all of the Zeitgeist series. First two had the biggest impact for me. The third just seemed like a rehash of the same information.

    I really like the statement, 'self appointed guardians of the status quo.' That hit me hard. Flood gates of the brain opened wide when I heard that.

    He made a show called culture in decline as well.

    Money masters is good. The main guy is weird, he has OCD on shoving his pen at you lol, but good content.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Dma378 View Post
    And as far as Trump running for Pres, no, the powers that be would never allow it. It's a side-show. We would be the laughing stock of the civilized world. We already are in science and education. Doesn't matter how economically savvy he is, his foreign policy would be a disaster. The face of the nation has to exemplify diplomacy. And Trump does not fit the bill.
    What powers. Republican establishment? In all fairness they didn't want Reagan either. The media, trust me when I say this--because the term media includes myself (don't even ask)--there isn't a grand power controlling the media. The media is a business, we love trump because he brings rating.

    However, Trump won't be President because when it comes down to it, he isn't qualified. He has bankrupted himself, relied on laws to get out of it. 10 years ago he was a liberal, advocating single payer healthcare and a one time 14% tax on all wealthy people. These are not Tea Party worthy. By the time the debate season heats up, the trump side show will start to roll out of town.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by New_Jedi View Post
    What powers. Republican establishment? In all fairness they didn't want Reagan either. The media, trust me when I say this--because the term media includes myself (don't even ask)--there isn't a grand power controlling the media. The media is a business, we love trump because he brings rating.

    However, Trump won't be President because when it comes down to it, he isn't qualified. He has bankrupted himself, relied on laws to get out of it. 10 years ago he was a liberal, advocating single payer healthcare and a one time 14% tax on all wealthy people. These are not Tea Party worthy. By the time the debate season heats up, the trump side show will start to roll out of town.
    Trump will ruin it for himself. I mean the more he talks the more people dislike him. I don't agree that its all business. If Roger Ailes says he wants a certain story not to be ran on the network it wouldn't run.
    G.I.F.D

    *Everything stated above is for entertainment purposes only*
  8. Donald Trump running for president


    Quote Originally Posted by Matthandyo View Post
    Trump will ruin it for himself. I mean the more he talks the more people dislike him. I don't agree that its all business. If Roger Ailes says he wants a certain story not to be ran on the network it wouldn't run.
    Ok, your right. Selective reporting does exist, but the majority (hardly happens) don't practice in on an executive level. It's more down to administrators, producers and the reporter. All of them want ratings, regardless of ideology. It's the nature of the business.

    However, you hit the nail on the head with Roger. But Fox News isn't news. When they were taken to court, they claimed they couldn't be held to the same standards as other media companies because they are not news, they are "entertainment." (Their words) Despite that they have news in their name. Very few people in the media feel Fox is news. The White House recently refused to tag them as news. That's unheard of, and could only happen to fox, of the big outlets. Because others would rip the White House a new one. We stick together, protect each other.

    Fox are constantly polled the least reliable and their viewers the most uninformed.

    And it's not just because their right wing, media specialist have deemed many right wing tilted publications to be news. Fox hardly ever corrects known mistakes, which is a practice of all credible news sources.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by New_Jedi View Post
    Ok, your right. Selective reporting does exist, but the majority (hardly happens) don't practice in on an executive level. It's more down to administrators, producers and the reporter. All of them want ratings, regardless of ideology. It's the nature of the business.

    However, you hit the nail on the head with Roger. But Fox News isn't news. When they were taken to court, they claimed they couldn't be held to the same standards as other media companies because they are not news, they are "entertainment." (Their words) Despite that they have news in their name. Very few people in the media feel Fox is news. The White House recently refused to tag them as news. That's unheard of, and could only happen to fox, of the big outlets. Because others would rip the White House a new one. We stick together, protect each other.

    Fox are constantly polled the least reliable and their viewers the most uninformed.

    And it's not just because their right wing, media specialist have deemed many right wing tilted publications to be news. Fox hardly ever corrects known mistakes, which is a practice of all credible news sources.
    It's sad that some people watch Fox News or MSNBC and take everything that they report and say as fact and cant come to their own conclusion or decision. Why would they go back on what they said? They play on emotions and install fear. If they went back on what they said the followers who do take what they say as fact might actually get upset that they were lied to.
    G.I.F.D

    *Everything stated above is for entertainment purposes only*

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Matthandyo View Post
    It's sad that some people watch Fox News or MSNBC and take everything that they report and say as fact and cant come to their own conclusion or decision. Why would they go back on what they said? They play on emotions and install fear. If they went back on what they said the followers who do take what they say as fact might actually get upset that they were lied to.
    MSNBC is a liberal outlet, and their commentary is biased, but it doesn't always seep into their news coverage like Fox. MSNBC is owned by a big conglomerate NBCuniversal and were started by GE and Microsift, and they have a left wing audience, so they have left wing shows. Their news coverage does pretty well in terms of bias.

    However, Fox is on a whole new level.

    I personal listen to NPR, and believe it or not, Al-Jazeera English has some of the most pure straight journalism around. If people could get past the Middle Eat connection, they'd see Al-Jazeera has great reporting.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by New_Jedi View Post
    MSNBC is a liberal outlet, and their commentary is biased, but it doesn't always seep into their news coverage like Fox. MSNBC is owned by a big conglomerate NBCuniversal and were started by GE and Microsift, and they have a left wing audience, so they have left wing shows. Their news coverage does pretty well in terms of bias.

    However, Fox is on a whole new level.

    I personal listen to NPR, and believe it or not, Al-Jazeera English has some of the most pure straight journalism around. If people could get past the Middle Eat connection, they'd see Al-Jazeera has great reporting.
    I'll look into al-jazerra english. I just downloaded the app for ios. What do you think about the young turks? Those guys I feel like are about as far left as a talk show can go.
    G.I.F.D

    *Everything stated above is for entertainment purposes only*

  12. Obama has already made the US a laughing stock.
    http://m.liveleak.com/view?i=666_1241385152

    Can you say Bo Bergdahl?
    He told Karzai that the Taliban wasnt our enemy and we didnt want to fight them.

    He is celebrating the Iran deal when the Iranian leaders and Parliament are chanting Death to America.

    How about domesticaly, the biggest lie he ever told. "If you like your plan, you can keep your plan. If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor."

  13. Quote Originally Posted by youngandfree View Post
    Obama has already made the US a laughing stock.
    http://m.liveleak.com/view?i=666_1241385152

    Can you say Bo Bergdahl?
    He told Karzai that the Taliban wasnt our enemy and we didnt want to fight them.

    He is celebrating the Iran deal when the Iranian leaders and Parliament are chanting Death to America.

    How about domesticaly, the biggest lie he ever told. "If you like your plan, you can keep your plan. If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor."
    Half of that nonsense I won't even touch, it's boring.

    So you want war with Iran, this time send your sons and go fight it yourself. Because you Pubs think everything is just so easy. We tried it your way for decades, Arian still got closer to a nuke than ever.

    When Republican made deals with Iran, you sold them weapons or ok the se of chemical weapons used by Saddam. Get real man.

    We made deals with the U.S.S.R, some of them hated us. But we thwarted nuclear war.

    Republicans love to be critics, but have no plan themselves.

    And on Healthcare, it was the insurance companies who changed the plans after promising not to. That is something that wouldn't happen under a Single a Payer System. Obamacare, it was a conservative plan in the first place. It's not ideal, but at least millions now have healthcare who didn't before.

  14. If you took the time to pull your head out of Obama's ass, you would see the insurance companies were FORCED to change their plans BECAUSE of the mandates outlined in Obamacare. If you like single payer so much, head on over to England.

    How the hell is Obama avoiding a war with Iran when they are chanting Death to America. If he was as great as you think, then they would be singing Allah Bless America.
  15. Donald Trump running for president


    Quote Originally Posted by youngandfree View Post
    If you took the time to pull your head out of Obama's ass, you would see the insurance companies were FORCED to change their plans BECAUSE of the mandates outlined in Obamacare. If you like single payer so much, head on over to England.

    How the hell is Obama avoiding a war with Iran when they are chanting Death to America. If he was as great as you think, then they would be singing Allah Bless America.
    No they were not. They did it because they are greedy. Under single payer we could cut them out completely. We don't need that expense. It's profit for a service that we don't need. In other nations they cap what payments the insurance companies get. That's why their cost is a 3rd of ours. Obamacare was far from perfect, but it was a right wing idea, single payer is what's next.

    Just because members of The Iranian government dislike us, doesn't mean we're going to war. Heck, we have members of Congress calling for war with Iran. Doesn't mean we will attack them,

    Take a history class, see what the Reagan administration did to the Iranian people. The CIA overthrew a Democratically elected government to install a dictator (yea, great idea.), it's called the Iranian arms contra. We did it to fund illegal wars in South America. We encouraged Saddam to kill millions of Iranians. It's no wonder some hate us.

    You know, Patriotism doesn't mean excepting your nations flaws, it means recognizing them and fixing them. Conservatives like to pretend American can do no wrong, but the truth is, we've done a lot of ****ty to other nations.
  16. Donald Trump running for president


    Quote Originally Posted by youngandfree View Post
    If you took the time to pull your head out of Obama's ass, you would see the insurance companies were FORCED to change their plans BECAUSE of the mandates outlined in Obamacare. If you like single payer so much, head on over to England.

    How the hell is Obama avoiding a war with Iran when they are chanting Death to America. If he was as great as you think, then they would be singing Allah Bless America.
    Here is my final comment, come back without whatever riposte you want, this is getting boring.


    Ask yourself these questions, how many economic classes have you taken? Have you studied sociology topics such as social stratification, inequality, classism? How much do you really know about economics?

    How many peer reviewed academic papers have you read on any given issues, such as politics and healthcare?

    Or you one of those who dismisses decades of academic studies because you believe academia is brainwashed by liberals.

    Is it easier to believe that most academia is just brainwashed, rather than they just see the data and have decided to take a position.

    I find it hard to believe you have extensive training in politics, economics, sociology, etc.

    I was raised in a right wing family, bought the same argument. Until I went to college, half of my double major is political science with a concentration in sociology. The other half of my BA is in journalism.

    If you ant an unbiased look into these issues, go to the sciences. They are doing actually research into politics and government.

    Get a firm grasp on economic thinners like Marx or Smith. Read the research on how those theories played out in the real world.

    Start with how really man learned to live in its environment, how they function and eventually ended up being able to store goods, creating the need for trade, currency, etc.

    Because if you don't, you'll spend the rest of your life uninformed about what is really happening.

    Ok, I'm done. Have fun.

  17. You're right. Obamacare doesn't mandate birth control and maternity coverage for ALL insurance plans. Insurance companies had to change what they offered because the federal mandate.

    Peer review papers mean **** when plenty of peer review papers are skewed in order to further an agenda. The entire "climate change" problems and all the scientific papers that were proven to use false info prove my point.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by youngandfree View Post
    It's too bad these papers were written before the largest surge of ILLEGAL immigration, as well they don't account for differentiation between legal and illegal.
    been away busy.. was about to respond to this nonsense but this thread seems to have gone off the rails already
    PESCIENCE.COM

    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  19. Donald Trump running for president


    Quote Originally Posted by youngandfree View Post
    You're right. Obamacare doesn't mandate birth control and maternity coverage for ALL insurance plans. Insurance companies had to change what they offered because the federal mandate.

    Peer review papers mean **** when plenty of peer review papers are skewed in order to further an agenda. The entire "climate change" problems and all the scientific papers that were proven to use false info prove my point.
    Every westernized nation offer those things, the issuance companies rake in billions. They didn't have to do anything, they chose to, to please stockholders and profit margins. Like I said, we don't need them, they are middle man that can be cut out and the impact will be a few less billionaire, and massive cost cuts. We can shift all those employees to government centers to help move the massive amount of data around, streamline it. It's been done.

    And sure, plenty of peer reviewed papers are skewed, that is why they are peer reviewed. Understand?

    Climate Change? Really, you are so enlightened that you believe 96% of all climate scientist couldn't recognize false data, but you can.

    Let me ask you, do you really not get how credible that sounds. You believe you and those beholden to big oil have the better data, and not those who are trained to study, well I don't know, the climate.

    How in the world does anyone even try to peddle that argument is beyond me. Rarely in history has science been so one-sided as in the debate on man's impact on climate.

    In the past science was denied too, but always mixed up with religion, and largely that argument is used here too.
  20. Donald Trump running for president


    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    been away busy.. was about to respond to this nonsense but this thread seems to have gone off the rails already
    There isn't much to say about Trump, other than he is a national embarrassment. A blight! How can Republicans expect voters to take them serious when they have him leading the polls.

  21. Politics.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by New_Jedi View Post
    Every westernized nation offer those things, the issuance companies rake in billions. They didn't have to do anything, they chose to, to please stockholders and profit margins. Like I said, we don't need them, they are middle man that can be cut out and the impact will be a few less billionaire, and massive cost cuts.
    Marx would be proud that you were a good student. But what every other westernized nation does, and what socialists think we should do, have no bearing in what the law actually says. Your keep crying that the evil insurance companies changed their plans and fail to admit that the law actually requires them to provide minimum standards, which led to millions of people losing the plans they had.
    http://obamacarefacts.com/minimum-essential-coverage/

  23. I think Donald Duck could do a better job.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by youngandfree View Post
    Marx would be proud that you were a good student. But what every other westernized nation does, and what socialists think we should do, have no bearing in what the law actually says. Your keep crying that the evil insurance companies changed their plans and fail to admit that the law actually requires them to provide minimum standards, which led to millions of people losing the plans they had.
    http://obamacarefacts.com/minimum-essential-coverage/
    So what, they had to provide more care. They get off easy, most westernized nations cap what insurance companies can charge for a service. These insurance companies did not have to change those plans, in fact they made promises that they wouldn't. They got the individual mandate for that very reason. Everyone has to be covered, therefore these companies made more money.

    I'm sorry I feel little for multi billionaires, when they screw millions because they are greedy.

    Like I said, we don't need them. They drive up cost and offer zip that couldn't be accomplished without them.

    Do they heal anyone, no. Do they develop medical tech, no. Do the treat anyone, no. All they do is ad an added expense to the system.

    They need to be abolished, all of them.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. why Roseane deserves a chance to run for president
    By kingdong in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-31-2016, 01:43 PM
  2. Donald Trump sues 'malicious' Palm Beach airport for $100
    By The Solution in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-13-2015, 09:04 PM
  3. Paris running for President!
    By Jayhawkk in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-07-2008, 11:40 AM
  4. Who Is Running For President ???
    By anabolicrhino in forum Politics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-07-2007, 01:16 PM
  5. 1,4 and 4AD run for Swoled Up program
    By Champ in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-26-2003, 10:30 PM
Log in
Log in