Recent regulation on food got me thinking. - AnabolicMinds.com

Recent regulation on food got me thinking.

  1. Professional Member
    pyrobatt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,427
    Rep Power
    1187185

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I was trying to think of a way for both sides to be happy. On one side..we have the people who realize the 400 lbs unhealthy over eater is costing our country money and causing us unnecessary stress.. This is via numerous heart attacks,abuse of food stamps*buying cheetos for one meal vs a big bag of potatos for the same cost*,the fatties who get on disability because they can't bare to walk the extra 10 feet to enter a store or restaurant where they will just make themselves more unhealthy thus costing us more money,and those people who die in their 30s because they cant put the fork down.

    The other side is "do what makes you happy" if you want to be 1000lbs go ahead. *the side im on*

    Racking my brain trying to think how the fda and people could come together happy.

    Finally thought of something.
    Changing the transparency of the menu.
    For instance...if the fda would put pressure on ALL RESTAURANTS to list calories and complete nutrition information both in store and in website easily available upfront. Not hidden.

    I also think high calorie items should be highlighted as such on the actual menus. 600 calories and over.

    Second step is stop using skinny actors to push the mcrib or similar. Average people should be used. May be offensive to some here in the states but oh well

    This is not a discussion about the proposed transfat ban or Mcdonald ban but a discussion on how to make both sides happy.
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/

  2. New Member
    D3platinum's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    128
    Rep Power
    70193

    Reputation Reputation

    This idea of insisting everyone to denote calories, etc but the thing is fat people are gonna do what fat people do. I have family that is like this eventhough theyve attended health classes, and know this stuff. And eating is much like picking out ice cream flavors everyone likes one more than another and theyll return to that one flavor.

    If the problem is over-eating ...then you have a point, but aesthetic people in the industry sell the product, consumers get the product. The average consumer will do what the average consumer does at the end, not what the minority of aesthetic people will do (lift, run, have fitness classes, worry about their health). In a sense what you are proposing is reasonable but for companies to "change" their marketing tactics, well good luck with that I guess cause even if it was an eskimo selling ice cream to an eskimo they'd be using the most aesthetic people and said average mentality would return to the mean ie eat ice cream.

    Actually the bigger thing at foot is the availability of franchises at corners, and the exposure most people have to one. But people still have common sense most will eat 2-3 burgers some will eat 3 , 2 fries an ice-cream 'wich' , dont matter
  3. New Member
    Zac Speed's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  232 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    441
    Rep Power
    292394

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    The problem is in this country good organic healthy food costs too much for the average household to eat.. Try buying enough organic eggs, chicken, beef, etc to feed a family of 5 and then compare that to the regular ****...
    •   
       

  4. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,743
    Rep Power
    10751392

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Zac Speed View Post
    The problem is in this country good organic healthy food costs too much for the average household to eat.. Try buying enough organic eggs, chicken, beef, etc to feed a family of 5 and then compare that to the regular ****...
    organic may become neccessary for good health the way monsanto is pushing gmo's. the fda ruled that gmo containing foods did not have to be labeled as such...it would give an unfair advantage to non-gmo's....can you believe that? hey, fda...how about giving an advantage to us consumers, the tax payers who pay for your existence!!!
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0
  5. New Member
    Zac Speed's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  232 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    441
    Rep Power
    292394

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post

    organic may become neccessary for good health the way monsanto is pushing gmo's. the fda ruled that gmo containing foods did not have to be labeled as such...it would give an unfair advantage to non-gmo's....can you believe that? hey, fda...how about giving an advantage to us consumers, the tax payers who pay for your existence!!!
    Sounds like we're on the exact same page..lol. Kind of hard to get the FDA on the Tax Payers team when Monsanto has they're ex playboys running it.. Mother Fuvkers
  6. New Member
    Zac Speed's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  232 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    441
    Rep Power
    292394

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Also hard when Aluminum levels in our soil keep rising and Monsanto holds the patent to aluminum resistant seeds. Wonder how the aluminum levels keep rising? It couldn't be from those giant trails from plains across our sky's? No way.
  7. New Member
    bigflex0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    356
    Rep Power
    143075

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Mcdonalds puts the nutrition facts on their wrappers, I don't think it has made an iota of difference.
    LG Sciences/Legal Gear Rep
    Nothing I state is medical advice and is for informational purposes only.
  8. New Member
    Zac Speed's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  232 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    441
    Rep Power
    292394

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    What I've noticed is.. People who don't exercise or have a gym membership usually don't care enough to eat healthy. Its those of use who grind it out day after day looking for results and improvement who are looking for the best foods to fuel themselves.. Or those who are about to die due to health complications.

    and on that later note it still doesn't stop most from not giving a ****.
  9. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,743
    Rep Power
    10751392

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Zac Speed View Post
    What I've noticed is.. People who don't exercise or have a gym membership usually don't care enough to eat healthy. Its those of use who grind it out day after day looking for results and improvement who are looking for the best foods to fuel themselves.. Or those who are about to die due to health complications.

    and on that later note it still doesn't stop most from not giving a ****.
    most people who are dying from complications due to lack of exercise and unhealthy diets are looking to their doctor to give them a prescription cure, unfortunately modern doctors are more than willing to write that script, or perform surgery that only enables their bad lifestyle to continue...that is until it eventually kills them. long gone are the days when doctors relied upon teaching common sense, there is no money in teaching people healthier lifestyles.

    unfortunately our lives revolve around follow the money trail, and that includes medicine!!! there is more money in treatments than in cures!!!
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0
  10. New Member
    FitnessLuke's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  179 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    232
    Rep Power
    226

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Zac Speed View Post
    The problem is in this country good organic healthy food costs too much for the average household to eat.. Try buying enough organic eggs, chicken, beef, etc to feed a family of 5 and then compare that to the regular ****...
    Yes organic food is way overpriced, but at the same time you dont have to eat organic to become skinny and people may argue this, but I feel like you can still be healthy without organic food. Also organic can be a sneaky way to get people to overeat or think they are eating healthy.
  11. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,743
    Rep Power
    10751392

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    another problem that encourages obesity is the price of 'wholesome foods', fresh meat and vegetables are getting insanely over-priced, imo....while at the same time unhealthy foods like chips and hot dogs are very cheap. processed and precooked frozen foods are much cheaper than buying ingredients to make it yourself.

    let them mention on the morning news that something is good for you and by the end of the week price has doubled.

    i just cannot see how a couple working minimum wage jobs with 2 children could afford to feed themselves and their children healthy meals...
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0
  12. New Member
    FitnessLuke's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  179 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    232
    Rep Power
    226

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    another problem that encourages obesity is the price of 'wholesome foods', fresh meat and vegetables are getting insanely over-priced, imo....while at the same time unhealthy foods like chips and hot dogs are very cheap. processed and precooked frozen foods are much cheaper than buying ingredients to make it yourself.

    let them mention on the morning news that something is good for you and by the end of the week price has doubled.

    i just cannot see how a couple working minimum wage jobs with 2 children could afford to feed themselves and their children healthy meals...
    Well u can get frozen veggies at least...and there are ways to get cheap mean meats, but they sure arnt going to be organic...typically cooking your own food always plays out cheaper then a meal at a fast food place
  13. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,743
    Rep Power
    10751392

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by FitnessLuke View Post
    Well u can get frozen veggies at least...and there are ways to get cheap mean meats, but they sure arnt going to be organic...typically cooking your own food always plays out cheaper then a meal at a fast food place

    it is hard to beat a cheap pack of hotdogs for a buck [8 count], cheap buns for a buck and a bag of chips for $2.50. try feeding 4 people healthily for $4.50!!!
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0
  14. New Member
    FitnessLuke's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  179 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    232
    Rep Power
    226

    Reputation

    And this is why I dont want kids haha
  15. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,743
    Rep Power
    10751392

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by FitnessLuke View Post
    And this is why I dont want kids haha
    it is a shame that it has come to this....
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0
  16. New Member
    FitnessLuke's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  179 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    232
    Rep Power
    226

    Reputation

    Yes sir it is, but look at the big picture...better having a country dieing happy and fat compared to afica dieing depressed and deprived
  17. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,743
    Rep Power
    10751392

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by FitnessLuke View Post
    Yes sir it is, but look at the big picture...better having a country dieing happy and fat compared to afica dieing depressed and deprived
    it is the same here as there, the top 1 percenters hoard all the wealth. in africa the billions of dollars in food and medical aid ends up in the hands of warlords with private armies and very little ends up in the hands of those who are in need. in this country the nations largest private employer pays wages that are considered poverty level. the wealthy in america don't need private armies, they have lawyers!!!
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0
  18. New Member
    FitnessLuke's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  179 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    232
    Rep Power
    226

    Reputation

    Oh believe me I know how muchbit sucks to work for a big corporation. Im working for S**rbucks in college and after your first 40 cent raise every six months after that it only goes up ten cents. Still making under 8 bucke after 1 year 4 months

    Wish companies could be more like whole foods or costco. They start you a out well above min wage and give you a nice raise every 6 months...or just wish companies gave a raise based on hard work..

    Im really just referring to big companies and not small businesses, bc small businesses cant always afford to pay high for low skill jobs.
  19. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,743
    Rep Power
    10751392

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by FitnessLuke View Post
    Oh believe me I know how muchbit sucks to work for a big corporation. Im working for S**rbucks in college and after your first 40 cent raise every six months after that it only goes up ten cents. Still making under 8 bucke after 1 year 4 months

    Wish companies could be more like whole foods or costco. They start you a out well above min wage and give you a nice raise every 6 months...or just wish companies gave a raise based on hard work..

    Im really just referring to big companies and not small businesses, bc small businesses cant always afford to pay high for low skill jobs.
    lol...why do you think there is such a push for creating small business's? because corporations can outsource more cheaply....

    i recently started a business and even though it eats at my profit margin i start guys out at $12 and hour and after a year it goes to $14, any raises after that are based on merit.

    my theory is if you can't afford to pay a fair wage, then you aren't ready to hire employees.
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0
  20. New Member
    FitnessLuke's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  179 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    232
    Rep Power
    226

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post

    lol...why do you think there is such a push for creating small business's? because corporations can outsource more cheaply....

    i recently started a business and even though it eats at my profit margin i start guys out at $12 and hour and after a year it goes to $14, any raises after that are based on merit.

    my theory is if you can't afford to pay a fair wage, then you aren't ready to hire employees.
    I like that mentality and wish I was working for someone like you. However, how will you ever be ready to hire employees if you dont ever have any employees to get the company rolling?
  21. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,743
    Rep Power
    10751392

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by FitnessLuke View Post
    I like that mentality and wish I was working for someone like you. However, how will you ever be ready to hire employees if you dont ever have any employees to get the company rolling?
    simple...don't start a business until you have adequate bankroll. do it yourself and only expand/grow when you have enough stashed away to cover those lean times that are inevitable. don't get greedy and take on more than you are prepared for, and put as much as possible back into the business as possible when profits start to come....too many people are in business who shouldn't be, imo....a lot of this is the government making it too easy, for the reasons i already mentioned.

    and remember you are as good or bad as your employees make you.....so treat em right!!!
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. All this mdrol talk has got me thinking...
    By mpd78 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-03-2010, 11:10 AM
  2. got me 20g of 4AD cyp now what?
    By goes4ever in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-26-2003, 05:41 PM
  3. nutritional info on food/drink
    By sage in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-20-2003, 10:54 PM
  4. Low Estrogen got me really sick
    By pjorstad in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2003, 02:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in