OBAMACARE...JUST A SMOKESCREEN

Page 6 of 42 First ... 45678 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    I think that corporate mandate was to kick in this year though...until they delayed to to kick in after the mid-term elections.
    Was that delay coincidental? There were no political motives, though -- right?

2. Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Its a little concept called income redistribution. Think of it as the Government playing Robinhood. They take from the rich (and middle class, too) to give to those who they want to have greater government dependence.

Everybody loses.

The end.
    LOL.

Yeah, my brother who got a plan in the marketplace with NO subsidy, pays the same amount for a full platinum plan as he did for a catastrophic plan because he had preexisting conditions and the carriers raped him on his premium has great government dependence. Your ignorance of what is actually happening out there with real people is typical.

Tell the 55yr old couple paying 1800/month for an underwritten policy compared to the new marketplace plans saving them 500-600/month because they are now in a pool of people rather than denied benefits on their preexisting while paying through the nose is a government dependent.

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Was that delay coincidental? There were no political motives, though -- right?
    I had the wrong link up for that Forbes magazine article here it it
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/gracemar...t-time-nation/

Yeah...they delayed it another year to try to slow the damages Obamacare is doing to the nation.
    This message was paid for by the Russians
  4. Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Touey View Post
    She telling me obamacare is the reason it has now gone up
    She is wrong since the employee mandate doens't even go into effect until 2015. The carriers raise rates every year...like they have ALWAYS done.

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    LOL.

Yeah, my brother who got a plan in the marketplace with NO subsidy, pays the same amount for a full platinum plan as he did for a catastrophic plan because he had preexisting conditions and the carriers raped him on his premium has great government dependence. Your ignorance of what is actually happening out there with real people is typical.

Tell the 55yr old couple paying 1800/month for an underwritten policy compared to the new marketplace plans saving them 500-600/month because they are now in a pool of people rather than denied benefits on their preexisting while paying through the nose is a government dependent.
    Candidly, I am in that age group.

My own rates will be increasing SIGNIFICANTLY.

Its not ignorance; and those aren't very nice words.
    •   

6. Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    I had the wrong link up for that Forbes magazine article here it it
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/gracemar...t-time-nation/

Yeah...they delayed it another year to try to slow the damages Obamacare is doing to the nation.
    Actually, the employee mandate has little to do with the law and the effect on rates.

Another media driven sensation.

7. Administrator

Candidly, I am in that age group.

My own rates will be increasing SIGNIFICANTLY.

Its not ignorance; and those aren't very nice words.

Not in the marketplace. They will drop. You don't even know, you've never even seen a quote IN the marketplace. I've already written 5 people in that exact age bracket.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Not in the marketplace. They will drop. You don't even know, you've never even seen a quote IN the marketplace. I've already written 5 people in that exact age bracket.
    Time will tell.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    She is wrong since the employee mandate doens't even go into effect until 2015. The carriers raise rates every year...like they have ALWAYS done.
    It has affecting things already perhaps just knowing what coming down the pipeline they are girding their loins increasing knowing or maybe they taking advantage of the obamacare and raising rates.
    "To your wife you should kiss try today"-Touey

Brotato's bark brings shakes to the pups in the yard
  10. Administrator

Time will tell.

I'll bet your entire premiums for a year I can run a quote for you right now and your rate in the marketplace will be less than what you would pay for an underwritten policy. If you were right the entire acturarial tables would be the reverse and insurance companies wouldn't exist based on math alone.

11. Administrator

It has affecting things already perhaps just knowing what coming down the pipeline they are girding their loins increasing knowing or maybe they taking advantage of the obamacare and raising rates.
    They already know the rates and what a QHF plan entails since 2010.....they have been raising rages for the last 10 years significantly. Its why many groups are dropping their policies and telling their employees to go in the marketplace because A. Its cheaper and B. You get a better plan then some ****ty 50/50 7500 deductible group plan.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    They already know the rates and what a QHF plan entails since 2010.....they have been raising rages for the last 10 years significantly. Its why many groups are dropping their policies and telling their employees to go in the marketplace because A. Its cheaper and B. You get a better plan then some ****ty 50/50 7500 deductible group plan.
    My rates go up more then double now they have never gone up over the last ten years but slight

13. Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    ....and just like that business is out of the healthcare game.

this thread has come full circle.
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!
  14. Administrator

My rates go up more then double now they have never gone up over the last ten years but slight
    You rates didn't double. Its against the law.

15. Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    ....and just like that business is out of the healthcare game.

this thread has come full circle.
    There is a reason seniors go crazy over Medicare changes....they pay...private insurance companies fight you. Who would you rather ask to pay the bill?

16. Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    You rates didn't double. Its against the law.
    ok I just ask her exactly how much it went up.
    It was $200 a month now it is $330 a month and that was with finding the best so not quite double I am not complaining but for some to go up like this could cause real problems maybe for their families ability to get along.

17. Administrator

It was $200 a month now it is $330 a month and that was with finding the best plan so not quite double I am not complaining but for some to go up like this could cause real problems maybe for their families ability to get along.

Which means if the employer is charging you that much extra, it means you probably can opt out, go in the marketplace and find a plan on your own and have more flexibility than what the law firm is forcing you to have. An employer can ask or change the amount of contribution during their annual enrollment period but you also have the chance to tell them to stick it, and go find something on your own...

Big business doesn't want to insure you...its the reason they kick you off at 65 and stick you on the governments dime. They don't want to pay for it. I can't wait until some of you are 70yr and signing up for that AARP Advantage plan with zero premium having everything being paid for.....lets see how much you protest about government funded healthcare.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    There is a reason seniors go crazy over Medicare changes....they pay...private insurance companies fight you. Who would you rather ask to pay the bill?
    the premise of this thread was business backing obamacare as an excuse to be out of healthcare...the big winner here is big business who has been raking in record setting profits thoughout one of the worse economies america has seen...reminds me of the days of the robber barons whose greed nearly collapsed the economy then graciously lent the government money, with interest, lol.
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!

19. business backing obamacare as an excuse to be out of healthcare and noone is much the worse maybe some better like Admin say who cares all the best to big business, but is hurting many like some others here say it is real shame

20. Quote Originally Posted by Touey View Post
    business backing obamacare as an excuse to be out of healthcare and noone is much the worse maybe some better like Admin say who cares all the best to big business, but is hurting many like some others here say it is real shame
    just think how many more people will be hurting when obamacare fails and they don't have business backed insurance plans anymore.

now that will be a real shame!!!
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!
  21. Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    just think how many more people will be hurting when obamacare fails and they don't have business backed insurance plans anymore.

now that will be a real shame!!!
    So let me get this straight...you think the government will fail before a business does? I don't think you quite understand how the system functions.

The idea that big business will take care of you and your health insurance more than the government is ludicrous.

Ask people at Leyman brothers how their healthcare is.

22. Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    So let me get this straight...you think the government will fail before a business does? I don't think you quite understand how the system functions.

The idea that big business will take care of you and your health insurance more than the government is ludicrous.

Ask people at Leyman brothers how their healthcare is.
    This country is totally broke...I dont see why anyone would want to trust goverment to help take care of them. If the financial system collapses nothing will be payed for.

I do agree with you that big business isnt exactly out to take care of you either.

The bigger issue is the merger of big business and goverment that we have seen develop in recent decades. To say you trust goverment over big business is a false statement, since goverment is controlled by big business.

Big business is goverment, which is the big issue imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Actually, the employee mandate has little to do with the law and the effect on rates.

Another media driven sensation.
    It may not effect rates Ill have to look into that, but its effect on jobs has been disastrous as now new full time employment is being overwhelmed with hour cuts and part time only workers to avoid this goverment tax (mandate is a tax.)

Also, if you read that article the US Chamber of Commerce state 71% business will have a harder time to grow.

That article doesnt state the mandate has an effect on rates, so I dont know where this "media driven sensation" came from.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Big business doesn't want to insure you...its the reason they kick you off at 65 and stick you on the governments dime. They don't want to pay for it. I can't wait until some of you are 70yr and signing up for that AARP Advantage plan with zero premium having everything being paid for.....lets see how much you protest about government funded healthcare.
    Of course they dont....thats why I support the idea of eliminating income tax and stopping people to depend on both goverment and big business (who are 2 together.)

The fact is before goverment got their dirty paws in our health care system, health care was far more affordable and accessible. Before medicare both elderly and poor can go to most hospitals and get good care at a low rate. Free medical care was the norm.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Touey View Post
    It was $200 a month now it is $330 a month and that was with finding the best so not quite double I am not complaining but for some to go up like this could cause real problems maybe for their families ability to get along.
    The fact is if Obamacare was so good, why do you have to force so many millions of people to do it, and why does goverment exempt themselves from the same laws they enforce on everyone else?

24. Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    Hey bigt...havent been around. Dont you miss those days when you can go to the doc and if you had no money they would still treat you? Now the same people in the same position have even less money, since they by law buy insurance...and that crappy policy still have you paying a $100 deductible just for a visit.
    "Dont you miss those days when you can go to the doc and if you had no money they would still treat you?" When were these days? If you walk into most hospitals in this country, by law they must provide you with basic care and it isn't free (unless you provide false information). You'll be billed and if you're unable to pay, those bills end up on your credit report which is far more damaging in the long-term.

25. Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    "Dont you miss those days when you can go to the doc and if you had no money they would still treat you?" When were these days? If you walk into most hospitals in this country, by law they must provide you with basic care and it isn't free (unless you provide false information). You'll be billed and if you're unable to pay, those bills end up on your credit report which is far more damaging in the long-term.
    Free healthcare was common for those in needs before goverment and health were forcefully intertwined...pre-medicare and medicaid days. Now those in need both must buy insurance or be heavily penalized...and health care still isnt free (high co-pays.)
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. i just have 2 share this!!!!
    By "THE TICK" in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-03-2014, 08:45 AM
  2. Well I Just Got My Hands On Some Igf-1
    By Blindfaith in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-28-2003, 11:20 PM
  3. Hey, just sayin' hi!