OBAMACARE...JUST A SMOKESCREEN

Page 6 of 35 First ... 45678 ... Last
  1. Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    This country is totally broke...I dont see why anyone would want to trust goverment to help take care of them. If the financial system collapses nothing will be payed for.

I do agree with you that big business isnt exactly out to take care of you either.

The bigger issue is the merger of big business and goverment that we have seen develop in recent decades. To say you trust goverment over big business is a false statement, since goverment is controlled by big business.

Big business is goverment, which is the big issue imo.

It may not effect rates Ill have to look into that, but its effect on jobs has been disastrous as now new full time employment is being overwhelmed with hour cuts and part time only workers to avoid this goverment tax (mandate is a tax.)

Also, if you read that article the US Chamber of Commerce state 71% business will have a harder time to grow.

That article doesnt state the mandate has an effect on rates, so I dont know where this "media driven sensation" came from.

Of course they dont....thats why I support the idea of eliminating income tax and stopping people to depend on both goverment and big business (who are 2 together.)

The fact is before goverment got their dirty paws in our health care system, health care was far more affordable and accessible. Before medicare both elderly and poor can go to most hospitals and get good care at a low rate. Free medical care was the norm.

Thats all and good but on the ground, when I see who is paying the bill and who is not...private insurance are a royal pain in the ass to deal with on "procedures" and the government is not.

I really don't care about what Forbes says or what Forbes predicts. When it comes to the ACA, all I hear is talking points and ideology from people who don't even know how basic insurance works. So I let them believe what they want while I'll continue to see what actually happens.

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

2. Think Department of Motor Vehicles.

Apply to health care.

Enjoy.
    •   

3. Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    "Dont you miss those days when you can go to the doc and if you had no money they would still treat you?" When were these days? If you walk into most hospitals in this country, by law they must provide you with basic care and it isn't free (unless you provide false information). You'll be billed and if you're unable to pay, those bills end up on your credit report which is far more damaging in the long-term.
    And the state picks up the bill which in turn raises your local taxes....

I loved those days when doctors treated you for free....and the 40yr old mortality rates and they gave you coca cola as medicine. Great times!

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

4. Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    Free healthcare was common for those in needs before goverment and health were forcefully intertwined...pre-medicare and medicaid days. Now those in need both must buy insurance or be heavily penalized...and health care still isnt free (high co-pays.)
    Horse and carriages were also once common as well, not sure I wanna take one of those to work.
  5. Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Think Department of Motor Vehicles.

Apply to health care.

Enjoy.
    Like I said, I can't wait until your sign up for your Medicare Advantage plan and balk at them covering 99% of your costs.

And down here our DMV is 100% online...and easy.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Thats all and good but on the ground, when I see who is paying the bill and who is not...private insurance are a royal pain in the ass to deal with on "procedures" and the government is not.

I really don't care about what Forbes says or what Forbes predicts. When it comes to the ACA, all I hear is talking points and ideology from people who don't even know how basic insurance works. So I let them believe what they want while I'll continue to see what actually happens.
    Actually goverment is a total pain in the butt. Look how many Veterans have had failing issues with goverment health care. Government historically has failed.
    http://www.iom.edu/Reports/2013/Retu...ghanistan.aspx
    나는 2000년 10월 매들린 올브라이트 전 미 국무장관 매들린 사랑, 그 중 한 뜨거운 젠장!
  7. Administrator

Actually goverment is a total pain in the butt. Look how many Veterans have had failing issues with goverment health care. Government historically has failed.
    http://www.iom.edu/Reports/2013/Retu...ghanistan.aspx

VA is not Medicare and VA is not an insurance plan.

8. Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    Horse and carriages were also once common as well, not sure I wanna take one of those to work.
    Im only talking some 40-50 years ago southpaw, not the days of the terra cotta warriors, lol.
  9. Administrator

Im only talking some 40-50 years ago southpaw, not the days of the terra cotta warriors, lol.

Ah yes, the glorious 50's. LMAO

10. Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    VA is not Medicare and VA is not an insurance plan.
    Military Health System then.
    •   

11. Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Like I said, I can't wait until your sign up for your Medicare Advantage plan and balk at them covering 99% of your costs.

And down here our DMV is 100% online...and easy.
    In CA the DMV is a nightmare; really and truly. You CANNOT rely on them to provide proper and adequate direction.

And, they do not give a crap.
  12. Administrator

Military Health System then.

No, its not even remotely close to Medicare.

13. Administrator

In CA the DMV is a nightmare; really and truly. You CANNOT rely on them to provide proper and adequate direction.

And, they do not give a crap.
    Not here. 100% online and easy. Maybe that says more about your local government than the feds. Just a thought....since it is STATE run.

14. Look at the bright side, at least we have a highly efficient and effective web portal.

So, that is a confidence builder.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Not here. 100% online and easy. Maybe that says more about your local government than the feds. Just a thought....since it is STATE run.
    California politics is beyond bad.

The epitome' of treat the symptom, ignore the problem (or reward it).

CA will eventually go BK
  16. Administrator

Look t the bright side, at least we have a highly efficient and effective web portal.

So, that is a confidence builder.
    Actually, it is..compared to how Medicare was introduced. But historical facts are boring compared to overwhelming negative opinion of something you've never been involved with and really don't understand. And thats not an insult..most people have no clue about insurance.

17. Ideology can sometimes cloud one's vision.
  18. Administrator

California politics is beyond bad.

The epitome' of treat the symptom, ignore the problem (or reward it).

CA will eventually go BK
    So your smaller state government is bad.....I thought libertarians were in love with states rights.

19. Administrator

Ideology can sometimes cloud one's vision.
    More like blindfolded with earplugs.

20. Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    No, its not even remotely close to Medicare.
    We are thinking differently...Im just trying to show how goverment isnt exactly proven to have a good track record of taking care of people.

My grandmother had been smacked with thousands in co-pays getting eye surgery not long ago and she has medicare. Not a good goverment program.

21. Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    More like blindfolded with earplugs.
    Agreed.

22. Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    Ideology can sometimes cloud one's vision.
    So does the idea of depending on goverment to give you security.

23. Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    We are thinking differently...Im just trying to show how goverment isnt exactly proven to have a good track record of taking care of people.

My grandmother had been smacked with thousands in co-pays getting eye surgery not long ago and she has medicare. Not a good goverment program.
    Your entire train of thought/ideology is based on being anti-government, so obviously you're not in favor of ACA. However, you cite some poorly constructed information to substantiate your opinions, as admin has pointed out to you, including the differences between medicare vs military coverage.
  24. Administrator

Then you should tell her to sign up for an Advantage Plan which is a zero premium and she wouldn't have to. There isn't an advantage plan on earth that has co-pays of thousands of dollars.

25. Administrator

Your who train of though/ideology is ant-government, so obviously you're not in favor of ACA. However, you cite some poor facts to substantiate your opinions as admin has pointed out to you, the differences between medicare vs military coverage.

Well we KNOW that. I mean I could show him hundreds of people in a nursing home benefitting from Medicare that they PAID into but he won't think its valid or efficient. So its pointless to argue with someone like that....they eventually will go on Medicare themselves and actually see for themselves. You can lead a horse to water....

26. Administrator

So does the idea of depending on goverment to give you security.
    I'd love to have Medicare and an Advantage plan. I would pay $110/month for 99% of my medical costs, so yes.....

27. Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    Your who train of though/ideology is ant-government, so obviously you're not in favor of ACA. However, you cite some poor facts to substantiate your opinions as admin has pointed out to you, the differences between medicare vs military coverage.
    They are two different programs but its just an example on goverment failure.

Medicare is a program that goverment uses force...people dont have a choice but to have their fruits of their labor taken away from them. Obamacare only adds to this force by forcing the mandate on insurance. The goverment is overstepping their boundaries and violating ones individual freedom's by forcing them into programs they dont want to partake in. This ideology is not a "cloud."

28. Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    So your smaller state government is bad.....I thought libertarians were in love with states rights.
    Oh, I am anything other than a libertarian.

Government should be run like a business. Bottom line numbers, accountability and compensation tied to delivery.

Instead, we have under-performing goof offs who could not cut it in private business (partially because that might interfere with junket trips and infringe upon and golf time).

California is concerned with critical issues such as allowing elementary through high school aged boys (who may suffer from sexual confusion as to "what they really are"), to freely use women's bathroom (and girls to do the same), rather focusing on real issues such as the State's financial solvency. I can think of nothing better for the development of the gender confused that to allow some 17 year old boy to bust a moon fish sitting in the stall next to a 16 year old female honors student.

How edifying for everyone!!

"Hey Karen, you got the sports page - I'm having a fierce time after last night's Thai food".

Utter BS
  29. Administrator

They are two different programs but its just an example on goverment failure.

Medicare is a program that goverment uses force...people dont have a choice but to have their fruits of their labor taken away from them. Obamacare only adds to this force by forcing the mandate on insurance. The goverment is overstepping their boundaries and violating ones individual freedom's by forcing them into programs they dont want to partake in. This ideology is not a "cloud."
    Should I use examples of private business failing as an example of all business?

30. Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    I'd love to have Medicare and an Advantage plan. I would pay $110/month for 99% of my medical costs, so yes.....
    When I have some time Im going to see if there is anything new I can change for my grandmother (and other family) under the new laws that take place. If the system is there why not use it if your stuck needing too.

Similar Forum Threads

1. i just have 2 share this!!!!
    By "THE TICK" in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-03-2014, 08:45 AM
  2. Well I Just Got My Hands On Some Igf-1
    By Blindfaith in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-28-2003, 11:20 PM
  3. Hey, just sayin' hi!
    By IronWinner in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2