Page 6 of 24 First ... 4567811 ... Last
  1. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.51%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    More like blindfolded with earplugs.
    A group of people exists that hates the President no matter what he does. They aren't sure what they are against until he speaks and then they KNOW they are against that. The irony is how much of this plan was originally based on Republican ideas...ideas that were well and good until a Democrat agreed with them and then they became snake oil.

Partisian politics holds both sides (AND the American people down). Now compromise (which is the only way to get effective legislation passed) is a dirty word and being "principled" is the only thing that matters. Except principles are completely allowed to change if your party is the one in power.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

PM me with any questions!

2. Board Administrator
    Administrator
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.02%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    C'mon now; that would mean taking personal responsibility. Who would want to have personal responsibility? The IRS doesn't seem to have any, nor does President Soetoro (Benghazi, Fast and Furious, spying on the French and German ...).
    Ah yes, personally responsible for getting hit by a car. He should have been quicker.

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.81%

Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    Yea...Im not trying to sound cold, but when I see most people eating like crap, smoking, drinking and not working out why should I allow that to effect my taxes so I can take care of them?

Then there are real medical issues and accidents which I am in fact deeply concerned about, but there is no reason medical costs are as high as they are and goverment/corporate infiltration is the reason things have gotten so bad in terms the past 40-50 years.

Most people look to add a band aid to a broken bone when it comes to figuring out why our medical system is so screwed up and then costs just keep going up as the money is stolen from us and taken by our corporatist goverment.
    I agree.

Most people are all too wiling to have others contribute to things they are responsible for.

And, yes, we have legitimate needs of a much smaller group that needs to receive assistance.

It has been stated this way. Historically, we have about 10% of the people who need to be in the cart pulled by the other 90%.

But, over time, more and more people and jumping into the cart, because they can.

This leaves fewer and fewer people to pull the cart.

Eventually, the weight of those in the cart outweighs the ability of those pulling the cart.

And then what?
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.95%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    The fact is, it hasn't been implemented yet and you don't know what's going to happen.
    You didnt read the 10,000+ page bill yet? lol
    나는 2000년 10월 매들린 올브라이트 전 미 국무장관 매들린 사랑, 그 중 한 뜨거운 젠장!
  5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.42%
    Achievements Posting Pro

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapoth...ns-true-costs/

know why it was always crashing but it seems they have more then enough time to preparing really should have know everyone would be going on there but preparing for the future is...
    "To your wife you should kiss try today"-Touey

Brotato's bark brings shakes to the pups in the yard
  6. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.42%
    Achievements Posting Pro

...some of the times more important in the first then second 4 yr

7. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.95%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

So let me get this straight...you think the government will fail before a business does? I don't think you quite understand how the system functions.

The idea that big business will take care of you and your health insurance more than the government is ludicrous.

Ask people at Leyman brothers how their healthcare is.
    for over 20 years the healthcare plan at my work, WORKED!!! it got myself, wife, 3 kids, thru surgeries, broken bones, ailments of many varieties, braces, eyegasses, and i never worried much about it....now my plant is being shutdown and i will no longer have my business supported healthcare plan.... it looks like for awhile at least i will be dependant on the government for healthcare for the 1st time in over 20 years, NOW I AM WORRIED ABOUT HEALTHCARE!!!
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0
  8. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.81%

Yes, but the IRS is in charge - what could go wrong?

And when we need help from HHS - fear not, I've been assured that cracker-jack Kathleen Sebelius stands ready to assist.
  9. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.42%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Yes, but the IRS is in charge - what could go wrong?
    Name:  images (42).jpg
Views: 30
Size:  6.1 KB

10. Board Administrator
    Administrator
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.02%

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    for over 20 years the healthcare plan at my work, WORKED!!! it got myself, wife, 3 kids, thru surgeries, broken bones, ailments of many varieties, braces, eyegasses, and i never worried much about it....now my plant is being shutdown and i will no longer have my business supported healthcare plan.... it looks like for awhile at least i will be dependant on the government for healthcare for the 1st time in over 20 years, NOW I AM WORRIED ABOUT HEALTHCARE!!!
    It worked because the carrier paid your benefits. It has nothing to do with the actual business. Whether the business pays your premium or the government does, the end result is you get a policy from a private insurance carrier.

For you, all you do is claim what you think you will make in the next year in your app in healthcare.gov and you might qualify for a full ride until you get back on your feet.....which was the point.

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  11. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.95%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

It worked because the carrier paid your benefits. It has nothing to do with the actual business. Whether the business pays your premium or the government does, the end result is you get a policy from a private insurance carrier.

For you, all you do is claim what you think you will make in the next year in your app in healthcare.gov and you might qualify for a full ride until you get back on your feet.....which was the point.
    how long will this take to get going?
  12. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.21%

This a first time implementation of a program that has not gone into effect as yet. Let's wait and see how the model actually performs, then pass an informed judgement. If it doesn't work, it will be easy enough to repeal by way of elections. The fact is, if this in anyway drives down premiums since private companies will have to compete for your business on these exchanges, that will be a very positive step forward. Private insurance is too expensive for many.
    ANS Performance Rep.
    www.ansperformance.com / www.facebook.com/TeamANSPerformance
    RITUAL * HIT * FORTITUDE * DILATE
  13. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.42%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I will have to admit this thread much on the mind today so telling some in business associate about discussion too about Admin know great deal on obamacare plus is a republican to see they are receptive to any more favour view Obama, most say curse word and then on about anyone supporting obamacare is off to lunch I think very much everyone is in disgusting state on the view of direction America is in.

14. Elite Member
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.95%

Quote Originally Posted by Touey View Post
    I will have to admit this thread much on the mind today so telling some in business associate about discussion too about Admin know great deal on obamacare plus is a republican to see they are receptive to any more favour view Obama, most say curse word and then on about anyone supporting obamacare is off to lunch I think very much everyone is in disgusting state on the view of direction America is in.
    This is a good reason why I like how the country was originally set up with a bunch of mini countries that can set their own laws. If you dont like living in one state, its easy to go somewhere else.

The problem with the expansion of federal powers over state powers is that there is no longer anywhere else to go to. Limiting the feds role and supporting state powers can be a better compromise for all of us.
  15. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.42%
    Achievements Posting Pro

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ax1 again.

Expansion on idiot so what touey getting banned redonkuolousinnouses anyway may not giving to props to bro one more hole on example to soc/..

16. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.42%
    Achievements Posting Pro

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ax1 again.

Expansion on idiot so what touey getting banned redonkuolousinnouses anyway may not giving to props to bro one more hole on example to soc/..
    Not meant to you personal Admin it seem to me you only trying to help but for AM let us be free come on.

17. Board Administrator
    Administrator
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.02%

how long will this take to get going?

Not sure what you mean...I've already done this for people and it goes into effect Jan 1st.

18. Board Administrator
    Administrator
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.02%

Not meant to you personal Admin it seem to me you only trying to help but for AM let us be free come on.
    Huh? Whats not free?

19. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.42%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Huh? Whats not free?
    You ok Admin even though you WA WA WA INC. still you at least posting from time to time from a heart make you good most the time in my books.

20. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.95%

Not sure what you mean...I've already done this for people and it goes into effect Jan 1st.
    so i sign up now, but don't have any coverage for over 2 months?
  21. Board Administrator
    Administrator
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.02%

You should find out when the effective date of your existing policy is...then if it runs out now contact a broker to find a temp policy...they have no long term commitment so rates are very low.

22. Elite Member
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.95%

You ok Admin even though you WA WA WA INC. still you at least posting from time to time from a heart make you good most the time in my books.
    Are you from Italy? What part?

We are all just having a good healthy debate here. It can get heated, but its stimulating and fun and most importantly we all have good intent in this circle.
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.95%

I would at least try and find out whats going on. We are all in the system and we already pay for it, so no sense not trying to take advantage of it if your one of the ones that can benefit imo.
  24. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.95%

I would at least try and find out whats going on. We are all in the system and we already pay for it, so no sense not trying to take advantage of it if your one of the ones that can benefit imo.
    indeed...healthcare coverage was something i took for granted, now the posibility of not having it is concerning!!!
  25. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.95%

i was in krogers this morning, been seeing a guy there doing medicare and obamacare signups...i asked him about signing up for obamacare and he told me that due to the glitches in the system he can't sing up anyone until november 8-if they get it up and running by then!!!
  26. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.42%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Are you from Italy? What part?

We are all just having a good healthy debate here. It can get heated, but its stimulating and fun and most importantly we all have good intent in this circle.
    Umbria my family is old generations having vineyards in the wine business apologies you feeling I am curt please do not mean causing for distress at all you are in Korea it is in fact an amazing how much you know on the US there with the google though am sure you have access so you study it therefore you become a buff or some of scholar on the subject.

27. Elite Member
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.95%

Umbria my family is old generations having vineyards in the wine business apologies you feeling I am curt please do not mean causing for distress at all you are in Korea it is in fact an amazing how much you know on the US there with the google though am sure you have access so you study it therefore you become a buff or some of scholar on the subject.
    Im from USA born and raised. My family is also from Italy, thats why I was asking you.

I am by far not a scholar by any means...just have an interest and try to get myself informed a little bit.
  28. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.42%
    Achievements Posting Pro

sorry I thought Korea because of the Loc. confused why or am missing the gesture or point you making

29. Board Administrator
    Administrator
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.02%

i was in krogers this morning, been seeing a guy there doing medicare and obamacare signups...i asked him about signing up for obamacare and he told me that due to the glitches in the system he can't sing up anyone until november 8-if they get it up and running by then!!!

He's not that good then

30. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.42%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Which means if the employer is charging you that much extra, it means you probably can opt out, go in the marketplace and find a plan on your own and have more flexibility than what the law firm is forcing you to have. An employer can ask or change the amount of contribution during their annual enrollment period but you also have the chance to tell them to stick it, and go find something on your own...

Big business doesn't want to insure you...its the reason they kick you off at 65 and stick you on the governments dime. They don't want to pay for it. I can't wait until some of you are 70yr and signing up for that AARP Advantage plan with zero premium having everything being paid for.....lets see how much you protest about government funded healthcare.
    talking with a neighbor today his went from $200 to $280 in the marketplace with upcoming obamacare so this although not great still not as bad

31. Board Administrator
    Administrator
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.02%

talking with a neighbor today his went from $200 to $280 in the marketplace with upcoming obamacare so this although not great still not as bad
    1. Its not the same plan.

2. He qualifies for a subsidy in the marketplace which beings the price down.

3. I doubt that plan is in the marketplace. He is quoting a grandfathered plan that is getting extended.

The people who mainly will get hurt by this are young, in their 20's, healthy people who went from catastrophic/barely over to marketplace plans. So I find it ironic that the demographic that overwhelmingly voted for it, will get hurt the most.

Quoted a family yesterday that were paying 1800/month for 5 people in a group business plan. They are jumping off their group plan, into the marketplace and getting a better plan for 1300 with NO subsidy.

32. Elite Member
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.95%

Quoted a family yesterday that were paying 1800/month for 5 people in a group business plan. They are jumping off their group plan, into the marketplace and getting a better plan for 1300 with NO subsidy.
    How are the co-pays vs each of those plans? For example, when I had insurance through a Union years back I only had $15 for a visit....now with my wife's plan my doc visit is $100 co-pay.
  33. Board Administrator
    Administrator
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.02%

How are the co-pays vs each of those plans? For example, when I had insurance through a Union years back I only had $15 for a visit....now with my wife's plan my doc visit is $100 co-pay.
    Wellness visits are $0 by law..for women that means mammgrams, paps, etc....

Then it depends on the plan after that...low level bronze on one plan is $0 for three visits then $40 after that, per person. So you get your wellness visits free, by law, then 3 more after that before you pay for PCP's....specialists are usually 50-80

And most have 0% co-insurance..

34. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.42%
    Achievements Posting Pro

1. Its not the same plan.

2. He qualifies for a subsidy in the marketplace which beings the price down.

3. I doubt that plan is in the marketplace. He is quoting a grandfathered plan that is getting extended.

The people who mainly will get hurt by this are young, in their 20's, healthy people who went from catastrophic/barely over to marketplace plans. So I find it ironic that the demographic that overwhelmingly voted for it, will get hurt the most.

I think switched plans in the marketplace but did say not qualify for subsidy making to much money saying am sure though the plan he says was in the marketplace

35. Board Administrator
    Administrator
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.02%

I think switched plans in the marketplace but did say not qualify for subsidy making to much money saying am sure though the plan is in the marketplace
    You can't switch plans in the marketplace. If he's young, then he definitely could have been given an increase because the plans are better and guaranteed issue.

36. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.42%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I see so now the plans are better but cost only a little extra not so bad a trade off I guess

37. Board Administrator
    Administrator
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.02%

Depends. Some pay the same for a plan 10x better.

38. Elite Member
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.95%

You can't switch plans in the marketplace. If he's young, then he definitely could have been given an increase because the plans are better and guaranteed issue.
    Can you pick any doctor/specialist you want under the Obamacare market place policies? I remember my old Union plan (which was really good) did have its negative where you can select only a network of doctor's/specialists. I think my current policy is that way as well, but I never use insurance since Ive had it for a couple years. If I go for a checkup or need something I just pay cash even though I already have insurance.
  39. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.42%
    Achievements Posting Pro

You do this as business I see so it is great I think you are helping out here free for people with questions

40. Board Administrator
    Administrator
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.02%

Can you pick any doctor/specialist you want under the Obamacare market place policies? I remember my old Union plan (which was really good) did have its negative where you can select only a network of doctor's/specialists. I think my current policy is that way as well, but I never use insurance since Ive had it for a couple years. If I go for a checkup or need something I just pay cash even though I already have insurance.
    Depends on the plan you pick. Remember, the plans you are picking are from PRIVATE health insurance companies so the same rules apply as if you bought it last year...only they can't deny you or ask you health questions except if you're a smoker. The only thing the government does it help pay..thats it.

Similar Forum Threads

1. i just have 2 share this!!!!
    By "THE TICK" in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-03-2014, 07:45 AM
  2. Well I Just Got My Hands On Some Igf-1
    By Blindfaith in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-28-2003, 10:20 PM
  3. Hey, just sayin' hi!
    By IronWinner in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2