Should we bomb Syria?

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
I would like to start a debate here to see if there is anyone actually for taking action in Syria? Should we play world Police and step in or should we step back and let them sort it out? And what do you think the repercussions be if we did take action. We have another week before Congress even starts to talk about it so lets get a discussion going on in here.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
CIA has been funding the opposition since March with training, communications, and weapons.

We've already got our hands in it.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
CIA has been funding the opposition since March with training, communications, and weapons.

This is true but official military action would put us into a different level of involvement, one that only the French Support I may add.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
why do they always say Allah Akbar? in every video i see on live leak when they shoot or bomb this is all you hear. why praise him for war?

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

We've had our hands mucking up that part of the world forever. If there wasn't an energy resource there we would not give a damn. Just look at the slaughtering going on in Africa and I don't see us debating that situation. The US poors billions of dollars in so called aid into our "allies" in this region. I say pull all the aid back and let them clean up their own backyard. Use that aid money over here for the crumbling mess we have here.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
why do they always say Allah Akbar? in every video i see on live leak when they shoot or bomb this is all you hear. why praise him for war?
from what I know and have come to understand they say it because they believe that them "giving" their blood and their life in what they believe to be the name of their god will give them paradise in haven. They Praise his name in these attacks but it is not only said in time of attack it is said as a greeting as well

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
We've had our hands mucking up that part of the world forever. If there wasn't an energy resource there we would not give a damn. Just look at the slaughtering going on in Africa and I don't see us debating that situation. The US poors billions of dollars in so called aid into our "allies" in this region. I say pull all the aid back and let them clean up their own backyard. Use that aid money over here for the crumbling mess we have here.
I agree with you 100% but would you be opposed to blasting them with a few tomahawks and leave the ground work to France?

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Definitely opposed to the US doing anything. Let Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, etc figure it out for their stability in the region.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Definitely opposed to the US doing anything. Let Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, etc figure it out for their stability in the region.
I really think its Israel’s input that is going to be the catalyst if we provide a military presence or not. Syria has had a couple of wars with our Jewish allies and got their asses handed to them so they would be a likely target for retaliation if we did carpet bomb those "strategic targets"

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Israel is like the bastard child in the region. If you think our CIA has been doing covert...the Mossad are rediculous in the region. If Israel gets drawn in the whole region will melt down. The area is one giant cluster phuck and then you throw Russia and China into that mix.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Israel is like the bastard child in the region. If you think our CIA has been doing covert...the Mossad are rediculous in the region. If Israel gets drawn in the whole region will melt down. The area is one giant cluster phuck and then you throw Russia and China into that mix.
Ya then you have a cluster phuck with a boat load of nukes and well over 2 billion people! I believe that we should stop playing world police and fix what is right in front of us especially since there is no recourses up for grabs in that particular region!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's strictly about control of the region or at least not letting a radical Islamic State get control of it and dictating oil control.