BABY BOOMERS...WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?

1. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.34%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

BABY BOOMERS...WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?

i remember being a teenager in the 70's...the youth movement was all about how corrupt and dishonest government and big business was. we critized the hell out of the morals and principles of our parents and their generation, when they were probably the greatest generation this country ever had or will have. we were against big business for polution and the environment, and their greed for profit. we called the government big brother, because of how we thought they spied on us. we thought the government and big business should do more to help the poor and needy. hell we critized everything.....

well our time came and what did we do with our chance to make things right, lol...what a joke, my generation is so greedy and corrupt we stink of it!!!

as to the current government, ran almost entirely of baby boomers...well it is so corrupt it makes the nixon administration look like they should be nominated for sainthood!!!

i apologize to the youth of this nation for what my generation has done to this country....i am ashamed!!!
    IRONCHAMPUSA REP

use code BIGT35OFF at http://www.ironchampusa.com/112.html

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93%

You didn't mention war. We opposed the Vietnam War but started equally lethal wars like the Iraq invasion under completely false pretenses. And the "war on drugs," which has created the world's largest prison population for trivial reasons.
  3. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.76%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity Authority

Generation X hear saying to bigt don't be so hard on yourself or your generation, It's only human nature to want to look out for yourself and your family so alot of people sell out.(not saying it's right) Although some might call it greed and self indulgence.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.49%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

its ok. the 90's kids (generation x right?) are dum lazy little ****heads. if youre scared of the boomers in power now, wait till we are. im scared for the future lol
  5. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.34%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

Quote Originally Posted by mb2 View Post
    You didn't mention war. We opposed the Vietnam War but started equally lethal wars like the Iraq invasion under completely false pretenses. And the "war on drugs," which has created the world's largest prison population for trivial reasons.
    you are correct...i was just doing a general off the top of my head rant of how baby boomers have sold out and not only become what we stood against, but corrupted the system even more. what i wouldn't give to have things back the way they were before baby boomers took over....baby boomers should and probably will go down in american history as the worst generation of all time...and the irony of it is that the generation we were criticizing so harshly will and should go down as the greatest!!!!
    IRONCHAMPUSA REP

6. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.34%

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnyboombots View Post
    Generation X hear saying to bigt don't be so hard on yourself or your generation, It's only human nature to want to look out for yourself and your family so alot of people sell out.(not saying it's right) Although some might call it greed and self indulgence.
    money comes and money goes, once you sell out your morals and principles you have little left to hand down to your children.

and it is greed and indulgence!!!!
    IRONCHAMPUSA REP

7. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.34%

Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post
    its ok. the 90's kids (generation x right?) are dum lazy little ****heads. if youre scared of the boomers in power now, wait till we are. im scared for the future lol
    i just hope there is something for your generation to take power over....america is looking like it is headed for a crash and burn, much like the roman empire!!!
    IRONCHAMPUSA REP

8. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.76%

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post

money comes and money goes, once you sell out your morals and principles you have little left to hand down to your children.

and it is greed and indulgence!!!!
    Agreed.
  9. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.76%

And what a mess this country is in. But then again it seems like this whole world is in a mess. Things aren't looking that great anywhere right now.
  10. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.04%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    i remember being a teenager in the 70's...the youth movement was all about how corrupt and dishonest government and big business was. we critized the hell out of the morals and principles of our parents and their generation, when they were probably the greatest generation this country ever had or will have. we were against big business for polution and the environment, and their greed for profit. we called the government big brother, because of how we thought they spied on us. we thought the government and big business should do more to help the poor and needy. hell we critized everything.....

well our time came and what did we do with our chance to make things right, lol...what a joke, my generation is so greedy and corrupt we stink of it!!!

as to the current government, ran almost entirely of baby boomers...well it is so corrupt it makes the nixon administration look like they should be nominated for sainthood!!!

i apologize to the youth of this nation for what my generation has done to this country....i am ashamed!!!
    While I can see where you are going with this, I can't completely agree. It seems politics attracts the scaviest there are to be attracted. You aren't allowed into politics if you want to buck the system... just the way it works. An ol boys club of sorts.

Mostly because I did look up to my grandfather as one of the hardest working people I know and took care of his family the right way while instilling morals.

Problem is, people such as my grandfather would never go into politics due to the sheer corruption that is there already.

The problem is the people we want in politics will never go that way.

The paul's buck the trend, but you see how the media treats those dissenting opinions.
    The Historic PES Legend
  11. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.34%

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    While I can see where you are going with this, I can't completely agree. It seems politics attracts the scaviest there are to be attracted. You aren't allowed into politics if you want to buck the system... just the way it works. An ol boys club of sorts.

Mostly because I did look up to my grandfather as one of the hardest working people I know and took care of his family the right way while instilling morals.

Problem is, people such as my grandfather would never go into politics due to the sheer corruption that is there already.

The problem is the people we want in politics will never go that way.

The paul's buck the trend, but you see how the media treats those dissenting opinions.
    politicians are always floating balloons to see how far they can go and get away with....baby boomers were more than eager to sell out for a little loose change. my parents generation would not have been so eager to sell out their values!!!
    IRONCHAMPUSA REP

12. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.17%

Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post
    I was born in 91 I have two jobs Nd go to college... I live on my own with my girlfriend.. I'm not lazy, and I workout everyday as well. I know alot of people who are doing as good as me too in my age range.
  13. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.76%

Quote Originally Posted by musclefool View Post

I was born in 91 I have two jobs Nd go to college... I live on my own with my girlfriend.. I'm not lazy, and I workout everyday as well. I know alot of people who are doing as good as me too in my age range.
    I believe you're Generation Y
  14. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.76%

And Generation X created all those cool Social Websites that Generation Y people waste their entire lives on.

Similar Forum Threads

1. What the hell happened on the Planet!?
    By ShiftyCapone in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-03-2008, 05:04 PM
  2. what the hell happened to my arm?
    By DRAKE in forum Bulking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-02-2007, 10:36 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-06-2006, 04:29 PM
  4. What the hell happened to Frank Zane??
    By BigVrunga in forum General Chat
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 03-15-2006, 10:24 PM
  5. What the Hell Happened to Homeboy's Veins?
    By Brodus in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-27-2004, 12:19 AM