1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.5%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Healthcare just hit my family hard

My wife just called me and told me the place she works at (large bank) is dropping all full time employees down to 37 hours a week. We will now be losing 100 dollars a month that we were bring in , we already only bring in around 45,000 a year combined so losing that 1200 bucks a year is really gonna hurt.

You can call the business greedy all you want and I agree, but when it really comes down to it if healthcare weren't going through none of this crap would be happening. I expect to be hearing about this more and more through the next few months.
    Bigcountry's Getting a little smaller: Epi/Stano Log

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/231194-bigcountrys-getting-little.html

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.9%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcountry08 View Post
    My wife just called me and told me the place she works at (large bank) is dropping all full time employees down to 37 hours a week. We will now be losing 100 dollars a month that we were bring in , we already only bring in around 45,000 a year combined so losing that 1200 bucks a year is really gonna hurt.

You can call the business greedy all you want and I agree, but when it really comes down to it if healthcare weren't going through none of this crap would be happening. I expect to be hearing about this more and more through the next few months.
    Sorry to hear than my man....this is what happens when goverment forces big businesses to spend more and get taxed more. One way or another it all gets down to the little people.
    나는 2000년 10월 매들린 올브라이트 전 미 국무장관 매들린 사랑, 그 중 한 뜨거운 젠장!
  3. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.42%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    Sorry to hear than my man....this is what happens when goverment forces big businesses to spend more and get taxed more. One way or another it all gets down to the little people.
    agreed!!! big business is always going to find a way out, and usually it means we as consumers will bear the brunt of the hurt!!!
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE TURBO/ELIMISTANE/MACAPRO....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0/ADRENOSURGE
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.86%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

"To your wife you should kiss try today"-Touey

Brotato's bark brings shakes to the pups in the yard
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  189 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.76%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Its only going to get worse.
  6. Board Administrator
    Administrator
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.22%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

This is what you do.

Find out if the group plan you are on is a QHP (qualified health plan). If it is and you pay more than 9.5% of your gross income in contributions to your health, you can opt out, apply for a subsidy form the government, pick a plan in the marketplace and probably pay the same or less for a better plan. If its NOT a QHP you can opt out anytime and apply for a subsidy. You have kids?

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.24%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Are you able to use any skills you have to get some work on the side? Can you sell some things? Can you cut out some spending? Can you adjust your food costs?

I understand that $1200 is not a small amount of money, but I can't help but think that you can possibly shave $100/mth from spending and make an extra $100/mth by PT work.

It sucks man, but a lot of us are having to do some heavy budgeting these days. The middle class is getting raped at every turn by GovCo's decisions. - Hold your head up high and do what needs to be done.

Be thankful your wife wasn't cut down to 28hrs and classified as PT.

It sounds like you're against the ACA (thank goodness). - I strongly urge you to avoid seeking government subsidies. Stand on your principals and hold firm.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Canadian - Just starting TRT with my family doctor - need guidance...!
    By JeremyM1978 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-06-2011, 11:03 PM
  2. Test Sides just hit hard
    By Ethan05 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-07-2008, 11:04 PM
  3. I just hit a telephone pole with my car!!!...
    By lifted in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-22-2004, 10:00 AM
  4. Well I Just Got My Hands On Some Igf-1
    By Blindfaith in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-28-2003, 11:20 PM
  5. my family needs your prayers...whale
    By whale in forum General Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-16-2002, 01:38 AM