"Somethings happening here..."?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    TexasGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    796
    Rep Power
    188233

    "Somethings happening here..."?


    An interesting article in Forbes highlighting Homeland Security's purchase of enough ammo to run a 20 year long hot war or sustain 100 years of target practice ( the relevance of modern weapons in 100 years?) along with new armored vehicles and cons$50, 000, 000 spent on new uniforms.


    1.6 Billion Rounds Of Ammo For Homeland Security? It's Time For A National Conversation - Forbes


    The title is a reference to Buffalo Springfield

  2. Registered User
    TexasGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    796
    Rep Power
    188233

    That's homeland security, not the army/marines/navy/airforce.
  3. Registered User
    mrgoodbar0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    17168

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post
    That's homeland security, not the army/marines/navy/airforce.
    That's what's even more interesting. DHS has a very small minority of armed personnel, that being the case why do they need all of that ammo, and armored vehicles?
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Fobra's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    34765

    They are getting ready for massive civil unrest and the Patriots are being targeted as the new "domestic terrorist." You will see more propaganda associating the patriot and liberty groups with racist groups that they are "dangerous." The SPLC has started to lead this charge. The patriot groups have nothing in common with the KKK, but they are consitutionalist and therefore a "threat." Look at all the "training" exercises in urban areas firing blank rounds from helicopters and small arms like in Miami, Canergie High School in Houston, LA etc. They call this "familiarization" so people start getting used to it.

    Better start preparing if you haven't yet...
  5. Registered User
    Bodock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Stone Mountain, Ga
    Posts
    235
    Rep Power
    42673

    F*** THE GOVERNMENT
    Psalm 73:26
    My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
  6. Registered User
    Kilo G's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Rostov-on-Don
    Posts
    441
    Rep Power
    234446

    ^agreed
    “Ideas are far more powerful than guns. We don't let our enemies have guns. Why should we let them have ideas?" - General Secretary of The Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, Joseph Stalin.
  7. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    7,397
    Rep Power
    700725

    Regardless of your side of the aisle, I hope you back Rand Paul. His crusade on Drones was historic. And his own party kicking him after the fact.

    Useless ass McCain and Graham.
    The Historic PES Legend
  8. ax1
    ax1 is offline
    Registered User
    ax1's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    북한 Democratic People's Republic of North Korea
    Posts
    5,379
    Rep Power
    1092777

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post
    An interesting article in Forbes highlighting Homeland Security's purchase of enough ammo to run a 20 year long hot war or sustain 100 years of target practice ( the relevance of modern weapons in 100 years?) along with new armored vehicles and cons$50, 000, 000 spent on new uniforms.


    1.6 Billion Rounds Of Ammo For Homeland Security? It's Time For A National Conversation - Forbes


    The title is a reference to Buffalo Springfield
    I remember DHS purchased 1.6 bullets for domestic use which I reported it a year ago in one of my threads. Its actually old news, but with the good work of people mainstream is forcing to cover it...although they will twist and bend it to soften the blow. I saw recently there was a 2,000 tank purchase for domestic use as well....along with all the thousands of drones going in our skys, slowly being armed as well.

    You should look into the FEMA camps and determent centers going up across the country.
    나는 2000년 10월 매들린 올브라이트 전 미 국무장관 매들린 사랑, 그 중 한 뜨거운 젠장!
  9. Registered User
    mrgoodbar0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    17168

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Regardless of your side of the aisle, I hope you back Rand Paul. His crusade on Drones was historic. And his own party kicking him after the fact.

    Useless ass McCain and Graham.
    I understand where you're coming from, and what appears to be the case, but I don't think it's quite what it seems.

    His 13 hour - or however long it was - grandstand was nothing more than a show, I'd surmise. It was good publicity for his future endeavors but did nothing to solve the problem.

    He wanted to know if you could use a drone strike to kill a US citizen, on US soil, unprovoked (assassination style). Eventually the reply came back -

    During his 13 hours on the Senate floor, Paul repeatedly asked whether Obama believed he had the authority to kill an American, on U.S. soil, who was not “actively attacking” America. The question prompted Holder to respond. “Dear Senator Paul,” Holder said in a 43-word letter. “It has come to my attention that you have now asked an additional question: ‘Does the President have the authority to use a weaponized drone to kill an American not engaged in combat on American soil?’ The answer to that question is no.” Holder didn't use the phrase “actively attacking.” And administration officials privately agreed on Friday that “not engaged in combat” was the key phrase going forward. None of them agreed to define the expression on the record.

    You have to realize with the expansion of "cyber terrorist" you could actively be "attacking", AKA "engaged in combat", by being a "cyber terrorist" if you were on a computer. You could also be "engaged in combat" by talking on the phone, giving the "enemy" information.

    What I also have not heard anyone bring up, which is even more troubling than using drones to assassinate Americans, during this entire "American on American Soil" debate, is the Posse Comitatus Act. The military is not allowed to operate on American soil regardless, why are they asking if the military can use a drone to do it?

    Obviously from Holders response, the military can assassinate American's, when they're engaged in combat, whatever that may be.

    Back to Rand Paul - Like anyone else - he has good points, and he says a lot of things I agree with. But you have to remember the game is rigged, and voting for the next president of the corrupt casino is not going to help change the odds in your favor. The system is broken and continues to decline, regardless of the R or D we have sitting in the white house. You're allowed to vote so you can keep hoping the next guy will solve the problems, don't get discouraged, the next one will solve the problem! Keep voting.. We'll get there. Except that's historically inaccurate. The decline continues on the downward path, and by participating you're only spending your energy where it's hopeless.

    Find the solution outside of the corruption.
  10. ax1
    ax1 is offline
    Registered User
    ax1's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    북한 Democratic People's Republic of North Korea
    Posts
    5,379
    Rep Power
    1092777

    Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodbar0 View Post

    What I also have not heard anyone bring up, which is even more troubling than using drones to assassinate Americans, during this entire "American on American Soil" debate, is the Posse Comitatus Act. The military is not allowed to operate on American soil regardless, why are they asking if the military can use a drone to do it?
    Keep in mind, drones are also being used by law enforcement agencies, and will be so much more in the future.
    나는 2000년 10월 매들린 올브라이트 전 미 국무장관 매들린 사랑, 그 중 한 뜨거운 젠장!
  11. Registered User
    mrgoodbar0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    17168

    Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    Keep in mind, drones are also being used by law enforcement agencies, and will be so much more in the future.
    No doubt though that's a state issue, except for any regulations the FFA imposes. No one would even consider a police drone being allowed to shoot a rocket at someone. The Federal Government murders people world wide though, with impunity.
  12. ax1
    ax1 is offline
    Registered User
    ax1's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    북한 Democratic People's Republic of North Korea
    Posts
    5,379
    Rep Power
    1092777

    Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodbar0 View Post
    No doubt though that's a state issue, except for any regulations the FFA imposes. No one would even consider a police drone being allowed to shoot a rocket at someone. The Federal Government murders people world wide though, with impunity.
    You also have homeland security which they will over-ride any State rights with no problem. Obama can check off his kill list and have homeland security run the strikes therefore not violating Posse Comitatus Act so his actions would be slightly less illegal, lol
    나는 2000년 10월 매들린 올브라이트 전 미 국무장관 매들린 사랑, 그 중 한 뜨거운 젠장!
  13. Registered User
    mrgoodbar0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    17168

    Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    You also have homeland security which they will over-ride any State rights with no problem. Obama can check off his kill list and have homeland security run the strikes therefore not violating Posse Comitatus Act so his actions would be slightly less illegal, lol
    I think we've circled back around to why the DHS needs 2 billion rounds of ammo.

    Remember the "citizens military" Obama talked about in 2008?

    TSA has been trying to expand for a while now, they're testing VIPR teams and the DHS is buying the equipment needed to arm them.
  14. Registered User
    Ballesteri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    471
    Rep Power
    1769573

    This build up is in preparation of Name:  imagesCAH9QJO5.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  8.6 KB
    returning as a nuclear threat afterName:  images.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  7.5 KB
  15. Registered User
    Sean1332's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11,008
    Rep Power
    2242780

    Tex, I'll check out the article later but does it say the funding will be spread divided amongst its agencies? CBP, ICE, USCG ect
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  16. Registered User
    TexasGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    796
    Rep Power
    188233

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Tex, I'll check out the article later but does it say the funding will be spread divided amongst its agencies? CBP, ICE, USCG ect
    No, though the omission could be intentional media bs.
  17. Registered User
    mrgoodbar0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    17168

    The uniform money was for TSA uniforms, I've read reported elsewhere.

    The ammo was purchased by the DHS through a purchase order, that's how the media found out since government agencies have to let the public bid on contracts, it was publicly posted.

    So theoretically they could be allocating the ammo to any of their agencies, but the DHS has a minimal amount of personnel that carry guns, at least in the scope of such a large number of ammo purchased.
  18. Registered User
    mrgoodbar0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    17168

    When you look at all of the puzzle pieces - new uniforms, huge amounts of ammo, armored personnel carriers and THIS -

    w w w theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/19/company-with-ties-to-the-federal-govt-designs-unsettling-targets-for-law-enforcement-community/

    Company With Ties to the Federal Gov’t Designs Unsettling Targets for Law Enforcement Community

    “What if I told you police in your town could desensitize themselves to the idea of shooting a (armed) child, pregnant woman, or young mother, for just a couple of bucks?” Reason’s Mike Riggs asks.

    “Considering that the company has landed $5.5 million worth of contracts with the federal government,” Riggs notes, “it might also be interesting to know if these targets are being used by federal law enforcement agents.”


    It's painting an interesting picture.
  19. Registered User
    TexasGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    796
    Rep Power
    188233

    I figured there would be a logical explanation. Does the DHS act as a purchasing department for various organizations typically?

    I don't usually get wrapped up in conspiracies but Forbes isn't exactly a paranoid corner of the internet or the New York times. I hope they don't turn to dirt reporting.
  20. Registered User
    Sean1332's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11,008
    Rep Power
    2242780

    Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodbar0 View Post
    The uniform money was for TSA uniforms, I've read reported elsewhere.

    The ammo was purchased by the DHS through a purchase order, that's how the media found out since government agencies have to let the public bid on contracts, it was publicly posted.

    So theoretically they could be allocating the ammo to any of their agencies, but the DHS has a minimal amount of personnel that carry guns, at least in the scope of such a large number of ammo purchased.
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post
    I figured there would be a logical explanation. Does the DHS act as a purchasing department for various organizations typically?

    I don't usually get wrapped up in conspiracies but Forbes isn't exactly a paranoid corner of the internet or the New York times. I hope they don't turn to dirt reporting.
    I don't see it as that huge of a deal. There's numerous law endorcement agencies within DHS. DHS isn't arming itself as a department, but arming its agencies-as they should.

    -United States Citizenship and Immigration Services
    -U.S. Customs and Border Protection
    -Federal Emergency Management Agency
    -U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement
    -Transportation Security Administration
    -United States Coast Guard
    -National Protection and Programs Directorate
    -United States Secret Service

    I could see how that funding could be rightfully spread through those agencies. "100 years of target practice" Sure, 100 cumulative years. Not 100 years for each individual agency. Especially for the different types of weapons they're armed with. I haven't read the article yet but from how it sounds, it seems the media just twisted everything.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  21. Registered User
    mrgoodbar0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    17168

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I don't see it as that huge of a deal. There's numerous law endorcement agencies within DHS. DHS isn't arming itself as a department, but arming its agencies-as they should.

    -United States Citizenship and Immigration Services
    -U.S. Customs and Border Protection
    -Federal Emergency Management Agency
    -U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement
    -Transportation Security Administration
    -United States Coast Guard
    -National Protection and Programs Directorate
    -United States Secret Service

    I could see how that funding could be rightfully spread through those agencies. "100 years of target practice" Sure, 100 cumulative years. Not 100 years for each individual agency. Especially for the different types of weapons they're armed with. I haven't read the article yet but from how it sounds, it seems the media just twisted everything.
    Now that you've looked up the agencies in the DHS, look up which agencies have officers that can carry guns, and how many total officers they have that carry.
  22. Registered User
    TexasGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    796
    Rep Power
    188233

    Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodbar0 View Post
    Now that you've looked up the agencies in the DHS, look up which agencies have officers that can carry guns, and how many total officers they have that carry.
    I think he's in the Coast Guard himself.

    That doesn't seem so ridiculous split between all those agencies. Given target practice it doesn't leave an absurd amount of stock. I just wish they'd save some for us. 7.62x39 is hard enough to find and I've got hogs to kill.
  23. Registered User
    Sean1332's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11,008
    Rep Power
    2242780

    Texas is correct, though I'm sure our ammo is funded through DOD. All those agencies carry on a daily basis except FEMA and Citizenship & Immigration services. Not a lot in TSA obviously
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  24. Registered User
    mrgoodbar0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    17168

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post
    I think he's in the Coast Guard himself.

    That doesn't seem so ridiculous split between all those agencies. Given target practice it doesn't leave an absurd amount of stock. I just wish they'd save some for us. 7.62x39 is hard enough to find and I've got hogs to kill.
    For ALL of the agencies that fall under the DHS, there is 120,000 agents/officers that carry guns. That 1.6 billion is an old number, as of right now the total ammo count is just over 2 billion.

    Ignoring the fact that they purchased mostly 40 cal hollow point (which is illegal in war) and pointless in target practice compared to cheaper ball ammo.

    120,000 divided by 2 billion is 16,666 rounds per person.
  25. Registered User
    mrgoodbar0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    17168

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Texas is correct, though I'm sure our ammo is funded through DOD. All those agencies carry on a daily basis except FEMA and Citizenship & Immigration services. Not a lot in TSA obviously
    Without bothering to look up the other agencies, TSA does NOT carry firearms.
  26. Registered User
    Sean1332's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11,008
    Rep Power
    2242780

    There's nothing to look up. I know people in ICE and CBP. Of course they carry. Where the hell is all this ammo going lol All I'm saying is that there's more to it.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  27. Registered User
    Sean1332's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11,008
    Rep Power
    2242780

    Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodbar0 View Post

    For ALL of the agencies that fall under the DHS, there is 120,000 agents/officers that carry guns. That 1.6 billion is an old number, as of right now the total ammo count is just over 2 billion.

    Ignoring the fact that they purchased mostly 40 cal hollow point (which is illegal in war) and pointless in target practice compared to cheaper ball ammo.

    120,000 divided by 2 billion is 16,666 rounds per person.
    Then divide up for M16, M4, M240B, Sig 40s, Glocks, FNs, training ammunition, ammunition for whatever academy, lot numbers kept in storage, ammunition givin to police departments through federal funding ect ect ect. We can play numbers all day long. We still don't know all the facts. I just don't want people to be so quick to jump on conspiracy theories and going to war.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  28. Registered User
    Sean1332's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11,008
    Rep Power
    2242780

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post

    I think he's in the Coast Guard himself.

    That doesn't seem so ridiculous split between all those agencies. Given target practice it doesn't leave an absurd amount of stock. I just wish they'd save some for us. 7.62x39 is hard enough to find and I've got hogs to kill.
    I haven't blasted some 7.62 in a while.

    My buddy owns some land there in Texas in bumfuk no where. He hires a helicopter to blast hogs from the sky...I'm jealous
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  29. ax1
    ax1 is offline
    Registered User
    ax1's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    북한 Democratic People's Republic of North Korea
    Posts
    5,379
    Rep Power
    1092777

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I haven't blasted some 7.62 in a while.

    My buddy owns some land there in Texas in bumfuk no where. He hires a helicopter to blast hogs from the sky...I'm jealous
    Oh god...that sounds like fun, Im jealous too, lol
    나는 2000년 10월 매들린 올브라이트 전 미 국무장관 매들린 사랑, 그 중 한 뜨거운 젠장!
  30. ax1
    ax1 is offline
    Registered User
    ax1's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    북한 Democratic People's Republic of North Korea
    Posts
    5,379
    Rep Power
    1092777

    Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodbar0 View Post
    For ALL of the agencies that fall under the DHS, there is 120,000 agents/officers that carry guns. That 1.6 billion is an old number, as of right now the total ammo count is just over 2 billion.

    Ignoring the fact that they purchased mostly 40 cal hollow point (which is illegal in war) and pointless in target practice compared to cheaper ball ammo.

    120,000 divided by 2 billion is 16,666 rounds per person.
    As far as Im concerned, DHS shouldnt exist in the first place as well as most of these other big government agencies. That alone I don't think they should even get 1 bullet.

    I support old fashioned police work on a local and state level, should end there. Of course we also have our National Guard on hand and they should be taken very well care of as well.
    나는 2000년 10월 매들린 올브라이트 전 미 국무장관 매들린 사랑, 그 중 한 뜨거운 젠장!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Post Your Quotes Here!
    By TheMeatus101 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 150
    Last Post: 06-03-2012, 10:55 PM
  2. Favorite bodybuilding quote, whats yours? Here is mine....
    By Swoldierboy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-23-2009, 06:49 PM
  3. So what happened here?
    By ktw in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 03-26-2006, 07:47 AM
  4. Arnold Quote, funny read
    By Biggs in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-01-2003, 11:31 PM
  5. quoting...
    By sage in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-20-2002, 09:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.