Impeach Gov. Andrew Cuomo 4 violating New Yorker's 2nd Amendment - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 4

Impeach Gov. Andrew Cuomo 4 violating New Yorker's 2nd Amendment

Page 4 of 8 First ... 23456 ... Last
  1. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by carpee View Post
    restrict laws? or restrict freedoms?

government restricts freedom every time a new law is passed.
    So your position (based on the statement above) is that as a country we SHOULD NOT be ruled/governed by law? That's your position?

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post

So your position (based on the statement above) is that as a country we SHOULD NOT be ruled/governed by law? That's your position?
    that is ridiculous.

I thought you weren't in the business of interpreting...
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post
    semantics much?

and thats what it says in the bill of rights isnt it? government SHALL NOT INFRINGE.
    and theres a difference in law and rights...again...

law- dont kill people, its bad
    right- to own guns and protect myself

law-dont steal, its bad
    right- to have/create a job to support myself and those that i so chose

law-dont lie under oathe, its bad
    right- to express my thoughts and opinions openly without fear of consequence or punishment

difference between law and right my friend. Government can write laws to protect its citizens and its citizens rights but it cannot pass legislation that removes my ability to exercise my right.
    Fair enough, good response. Although, one could argue that we have a "right" to choose what we can or cannot do with our bodies? Yet, ROE V WADE contradicts that argument entirely. So it's not exactly a black and white argument, when you examine the context.
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.

that is ridiculous.

I thought you weren't in the business of interpreting...
    I'm not, thus why I framed it in the form of a question...
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I'm not, thus why I framed it in the form of a question...
    wether good or bad, to protect it's citizens, etc...

more laws = less freedom.

10 years ago you had the freedom to purchase ephedra...laws were passed, you now no longer have that freedom.

noone ever said we should live in complete anarchy.
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.

wether good or bad, to protect it's citizens, etc...

more laws = less freedom.

10 years ago you had the freedom to purchase ephedra...laws were passed, you now no longer have that freedom.

noone ever said we should live in complete anarchy.
    For some, laws equate to having more freedom, i.e. dissolution of slavery, a woman's right to choose etc.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Fair enough, good response. Although, one could argue that we have a "right" to choose what we can or cannot do with our bodies? Yet, ROE V WADE contradicts that argument entirely. So it's not exactly a black and white argument, when you examine the context.
    you can argue that! and thats why i dont support roe vs wade entirely. We do have a right to our bodies, but where do you draw the line? a woman does have the right to do with her body as she sees fit but at the same time does that baby not deserve to live because her mother and father made a mistake or is a product of misfortune? laws about abortion are extremly gray and open for interpretation and sadly i dont think there is a right or good solution to the problem.

and this was a good, healthy debate! i just wanna make sure that in any of my responses they were not ill mannered or attacking in anyway minus a few light-hearted name calling and smart ass responses. just wanted to clear that up for anybody that might have thought me or southpaw had sandy vag syndrome
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

For some, laws equate to having more freedom, i.e. dissolution of slavery, a woman's right to choose etc.
    which is why I said good or bad
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.

you can argue that! and thats why i dont support roe vs wade entirely. We do have a right to our bodies, but where do you draw the line? a woman does have the right to do with her body as she sees fit but at the same time does that baby not deserve to live because her mother and father made a mistake or is a product of misfortune? laws about abortion are extremly gray and open for interpretation and sadly i dont think there is a right or good solution to the problem.

and this was a good, healthy debate! i just wanna make sure that in any of my responses they were not ill mannered or attacking in anyway minus a few light-hearted name calling and smart ass responses. just wanted to clear that up for anybody that might have thought me or southpaw had sandy vag syndrome
    I respect your posts man. I know sometimes in here it can come across as quite the opposite. There's nothing wrong with a spirited debate. I never fire the first shot, it's only after someone fires at me, I take aim. Lol.

But the example here, that one has freedom over themselves and their property, and these freedoms are inalienable, contradict the opposition to allowing someone the right to make decisions regarding their own bodies. Someone brought up the ephedra ban as an overreach of law, but in the same breath supports a law that would seek to restrict a person's ability to make choices regarding their own bodies. Can you see the contradiction? Now if you argue that the Constitution makes no mention of god, or religion and you support it, then how can one then turn around and say that they don't support a woman's right to choose based on your religious beliefs. It doesn't make sense. You see my overall point?
  10. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Interestingly the constitution is outdated but the writings from the same time period and same authors are apparently infallible.
  11. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

He never said the ephedra ban was an overreach he said it restricted freedom as an example that all laws restrict freedom (because technically they do)
  12. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Interestingly the constitution is outdated but the writings from the same time period and same authors are apparently infallible.
    No document should remain infallible and that's the point. I brought up those examples to show the mindset of one of the founders, at the time the Constitution was being drafted, nothing more, nothing less.
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I respect your posts man. I know sometimes in here it can come across as quite the opposite. There's nothing wrong with a spirited debate. I never fire the first shot, it's only after someone fires at me, I take aim. Lol.

But the example here, that one has freedom over themselves and their property, and these freedoms are inalienable, contradict the opposition to allowing someone the right to make decisions regarding their own bodies. Someone brought up the ephedra ban as an over reach of law, but in the same breath supports a law that would seek to restrict a person's ability to make choices regarding their own bodies. Can you see the contradiction? Now if you argue that the Constitution makes no mention of god, or religion and you support it, then how can one then turn around and say that they don't support a woman's right to choose based on your religious beliefs. It doesn't make sense. You see my overall point?
    i do see your overall point thats why i try and keep my religious believes seperate from law and my political beliefs...i personally believe that we all have our free agency and that even though i might religiously agree with a given premise, i dont let that cloud my judgement as to whether or not that issue should be law or not
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

He never said the ephedra ban was an overreach he said it restricted freedom as an example that all laws restrict freedom (because technically they do)
    although by restricting one freedom it may open the door for many others....ie the case of slavery and womens suffrage specifically
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.

Laws passed dissolving slavery...limitation of freedom?
  16. ax1
    Elite Member
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.

Laws (the newer ones) shouldnt be needed for those examples. Government's has a responsibility is to protect our "god given rights" (lol, or natural rights) that were already enforced (not sure if thats the right word there) in our Bill or Rights.
    나는 2000년 10월 매들린 올브라이트 전 미 국무장관 매들린 사랑, 그 중 한 뜨거운 젠장!
  17. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.

i do see your overall point thats why i try and keep my religious believes seperate from law and my political beliefs...i personally believe that we all have our free agency and that even though i might religiously agree with a given premise, i dont let that cloud my judgement as to whether or not that issue should be law or not
    Awesome response.
  18. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

although by restricting one freedom it may open the door for many others....ie the case of slavery and womens suffrage specifically
    I agree completely. I don't think anyone is arguing that.
  19. ax1
    Elite Member
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.

I kind of disagree...You cant have a free society by having one "free" person suppress another. Any law created isnt to restrict anyone's freedom, its to enforce it.
  20. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.

By the way, I do support the right for someone to own/purchase a firearm despite not being a fan of them myself. What I have no patience for is someone whose brain operates on another planet, thinking someone's out to get them, someone's coming to kidnap them in the middle of the night, someone who bases EVERYTHING off of conspiracies and uses poor sources to back up those claims. Other than that, I'm good. Lol.
  21. ax1
    Elite Member
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    I kind of disagree...You cant have a free society by having one "free" person suppress another. Any law created isnt to restrict anyone's freedom, its to enforce it.
    edit...Cant...lol that looked so bad when I first noticed my error.
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

I agree completely. I don't think anyone is arguing that.
    i think an old school,pissed off cotton farmer might...not that we have any here in the forum but just in case! cause you never know
  23. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Laws passed dissolving slavery...limitation of freedom?
    Technically, yes.
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

By the way, I do support the right for someone to own/purchase a firearm despite not being a fan of them myself. What I have no patience for is someone whose brain operates on another planet, thinking someone's out to get them, someone's coming to kidnap them in the middle of the night, someone who bases EVERYTHING off of conspiracies and uses poor sources to back up those claims. Other than that, I'm good. Lol.
    so, ax?

hahah kidding ax
  25. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.

Technically, yes.
    Lol. Dear god man.You sure you don't want to clarify that statement? Because as it stands, it looks awful. But if you're cool with it, so be it.
  26. ax1
    Elite Member
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.

so, ax?

hahah kidding ax
    I know he wasnt talking about me...but Ill be right back the feds are sticking camera's up my plumbing again, just saw a floater in my toilet again.
  27. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

I plan to when I get more time
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    I know he wasnt talking about me...but Ill be right back the feds are sticking camera's up my plumbing again, just saw a floater in my toilet again.
    not the feds...that was me...sorry dude old habbits die hard
  29. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Abolishing slavery restricted the freedoms of slaveowners by taking what was, at the time, their property.

Now with that said, I completely agree that slavery was wrong and that abolishing it was in the beat interest of American citizens by allowing them to live with the same freedoms but it initially restricted one mans freedoms to allow another to have Freedom.
  30. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.

Abolishing slavery restricted the freedoms of slaveowners by taking what was, at the time, their property.

Now with that said, I completely agree that slavery was wrong and that abolishing it was in the beat interest of American citizens by allowing them to live with the same freedoms but it initially restricted one mans freedoms to allow another to have Freedom.
    That interpretation is highly...Scalia-esque. Lol.
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

That interpretation is highly...Scalia-esque. Lol.
    bro do you even lift? scalia-esque?? lol
  32. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.

bro do you even lift? scalia-esque?? lol
    F*ck lifting, I workout by performing a rendition of Black Swan in basketball shorts. You think Oxy Elite Pro is the best fatburner out there? Nah, interpretive dancing all day. I do lift but not a body building type routine, my program is built around boxing.
  33. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...olice-say?lite

Here's a guy who was able to purchase weapons legally. Yep, thinks are working out quite well. Who needs more restrictions.
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

blame the po-po...people called several times and they were late to respond, if you dont wanna blame the po-po, blame the gunny shop for not doin its job correctly and using common sense
  35. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.

blame the po-po...people called several times and they were late to respond, if you dont wanna blame the po-po, blame the gunny shop for not doin its job correctly and using common sense
    Which is like going after the street pusher instead of crippling the organization. You really don't see the problem here? We can make 1000 excuses of this guy not doing his job, or that guy, or we can put in place sensible controls where a guy like this should not be able to legally stockpile firearms, including AK. Lol. And FYI- He wasn't flagged in the background check.
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

Which is like going after the street pusher instead of crippling the organization. You really don't see the problem here? We can make 1000 excuses of this guy not doing his job, or that guy, or we can put in place sensible controls where a guy like this should be able to legally stockpile firearms. And FYI- He wasn't flagged in the background check.
    ok...so no excuses...if guns were illegal..what would have stopped this guy from getting them illegallly? or since he was so mentally ill and disturbed, what would have kept him from beating his mother to death with a stock pile of louisville sluggers? or what wood have kept him from suffocating her with a spoon...crazy people are crazy and theyre going to do harm no matter whats illegal or legal.

the fact that he chose to get a gun legally or committed the acts with a gun period have little to do with actual problem, which was his lack of mental health and observation. dude shoulda been locked up long ago and shame on his mother and proffessionals who did nt do it. unfortunately, the same people who were didnt get him the help he needs are the people who suffered the concequences
  37. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.

ok...so no excuses...if guns were illegal..what would have stopped this guy from getting them illegallly? or since he was so mentally ill and disturbed, what would have kept him from beating his mother to death with a stock pile of louisville sluggers? or what wood have kept him from suffocating her with a spoon...crazy people are crazy and theyre going to do harm no matter whats illegal or legal.

the fact that he chose to get a gun legally or committed the acts with a gun period have little to do with actual problem, which was his lack of mental health and observation. dude shoulda been locked up long ago and shame on his mother and proffessionals who did nt do it. unfortunately, the same people who were didnt get him the help he needs are the people who suffered the concequences
    When did I say they should be illegal? Lol. Did you read the article? He was able to "legally" acquire/amass a stockpile of weapons, even though he had a prior conviction, as he was never flagged in the system. That's a problem! Background checks are not universal. They differ from state to state, and depending on the type of transaction. Person to person sales, gun show sales rarely result in background checks being performed, even the NRA acknowledges this. That's effing ridiculous. Strict universal background checks should be enforced, end of story.

Now saying that you can kill someone with a spoon, or other any other object isn't an equitable argument. You can come up to me with a spoon, but good luck on getting very far with it.
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

When did I say they should be illegal? Lol. Did you read the article? He was able to "legally" acquire/amass a stockpile of weapons, even though he had a prior conviction, as he was never flagged in the system. That's a problem! Background checks are not universal. They differ from state to state, and depending on the type of transaction. Person to person sales, gun show sales rarely result in background checks being performed, even the NRA acknowledges this. That's effing ridiculous. Strict universal background checks should be enforced, end of story.

Now saying that you can kill someone with a spoon, or other any other object isn't an equitable argument. You can come up to me with a spoon, but good luck on getting very far with it.
    thats the case with me and you...not a crazy person and a middle aged woman....the argument is the same. and you didnt say they should be illegal, i was just pointing out that legislating guns wont fix the problem, the police arent fixing the problem, the registration system isnt fixing the problem...the problem was with him not being locked up was the point
  39. ax1
    Elite Member
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...olice-say?lite

Here's a guy who was able to purchase weapons legally. Yep, thinks are working out quite well. Who needs more restrictions.
    Right, and according to the FBI, Clubs and Hammers kill more people than rifles and shotguns...so dont we need to prioritize restricting club and hammer ownership? After all its the club and hammer doing the killing, not the killer.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/...fles-shotguns/
  40. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.

thats the case with me and you...not a crazy person and a middle aged woman....the argument is the same. and you didnt say they should be illegal, i was just pointing out that legislating guns wont fix the problem, the police arent fixing the problem, the registration system isnt fixing the problem...the problem was with him not being locked up was the point
    Regardless, you're missing the bigger point. He should have never been able to legally stockpiles weapons, which he was, given that he was not flagged in the system. That displays a serious flaw that could have potentially brought harm to many more people. Who looks out for their interests? F*ck that, universal checks across the board, period. I care less how much it costs you. I don't care if it raises prices on you. If you can't afford it, find another hobby, or enter a new profession.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. New commercial from Nyc.gov
    By lartinos in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-02-2011, 09:01 PM
  2. New on TRT 2nd blood test results...
    By EPZ32 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-03-2009, 03:54 PM
  3. New Yorkers on the mind
    By BigNemo in forum General Chat