Romney's Running mate

Page 4 of 6 First ... 23456 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Chick-fil-a is a fast food restaurant
    Oh that, I heard about that. If the guy is against gay marriage I dunno why that is important to the business as long as he isnt being discriminatory with his employees and segregating gay customers. Im actually for gay marriage and his statement wouldnt stop me from shopping there, its really a silly issue.
    This message was paid for by the Russians


  2. Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    Oh that, I heard about that. If the guy is against gay marriage I dunno why that is important to the business as long as he isnt being discriminatory with his employees and segregating gay customers. Im actually for gay marriage and his statement wouldnt stop me from shopping there, its really a silly issue.
    To make it more relevant to your post...If I actually knew the guy was directly discriminating his employees or segregating gays from his restaurants Id quit and find another job, but for his opinion I dont care when it comes to business.

    Now President Suharto is one of the most brutal, repressive, bloodiest and corrupt dictators in the 20th century. If I was Lolo Soetoro and I was a Colonel in his regime I would defect into another country, instead Lolo embraced his position.

    Just like the Nazi's all the officers were put to trial for war crimes and what they did in the holocaust, Lolo Seotoro should be to trial as well just the way Colonel Alfred Jodl was convicted at Nuremberg. If Jodl's son was running for president I think people should know that.
    This message was paid for by the Russians
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    To make it more relevant to your post...If I actually knew the guy was directly discriminating his employees or segregating gays from his restaurants Id quit and find another job, but for his opinion I dont care when it comes to business.

    Now President Suharto is one of the most brutal, repressive, bloodiest and corrupt dictators in the 20th century. If I was Lolo Soetoro and I was a Colonel in his regime I would defect into another country, instead Lolo embraced his position.

    Just like the Nazi's all the officers were put to trial for war crimes and what they did in the holocaust, Lolo Seotoro should be to trial as well just the way Colonel Alfred Jodl was convicted at Nuremberg and hung. If Jodl's son was running for president I think people should know that.
    So with the tone and rhetoric that you use when you speak about the wars the United States is involved with, would you suggest that our servicemen and woman to abandon their country and move to another one? Or at least thats what you would do if you were presently active in our military?
    PESCIENCE.COM

    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  4. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    So with the tone and rhetoric that you use when you speak about the wars the United States is involved with, would you suggest that our servicemen and woman to abandon their country and move to another one? Or at least thats what you would do if you were presently active in our military?
    If I was a serviceman or drafted I would either protest these wars (and get people to be involved) and if not possible defect into another country where I can be an anti-war activist rather than sitting behind bars. Goal would be to help the country even if I left. Id might even end up like Pat Tillman.

    I think our serviceman are our last hope into restoring this country. They have sworn to protecting the Constitution, and I would expect them at one point to rise up to Washington (non-violently) and help restore what they swore to protect.
    This message was paid for by the Russians

  5. So Im looking into Paul Ryan and here are a few issues that bother me on his voting record in regards to Constitutional law and the basic Constitutional civil rights that we are supposed to be protected by.

    For starters he voted for the well known Patriot Act (as well as its recent extension) which gives government authority for warrantless spying on Americans among other unconstitutional privacy evasive means.

    Also, more recently he signed H.R. 1540 NDAA act (National Defense Authorization Act) which gives the President and Military extraordinary unconstitutional powers to detain and torture Americans indefinitely without charge and without trial. This does not includes boundaries, detainment may be enforced on our home soil and away from the battlefield.

    The full bill
    http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-1...2hr1540enr.pdf

    Paul Ryans Vote
    http://www.opencongress.org/vote/2011/h/375

    Just to add, he also voted NO to repeal indefinite detention. http://www.opencongress.org/vote/2012/h/270

    Voted YES on CISPA, the bill that attacks Internet liberty and the 1st amendment
    http://www.opencongress.org/bill/112-h3523/show

    This (and just a few examples) goes to show Paul Ryan is in full support of the Police State, tearing up the constitution and removing the civil liberties of Americans. He has also supported the creation of the TSA which is now being expanded all across the country outside of airports.

    He is a huge massive big time spender with support of wars such as Iraq, Lybia, Afghanistan and with his trend look for possible billions spent should we "officially" go to war in Iran. He will continue to support, spend and fuel the Military Industrial Complex.
    This message was paid for by the Russians
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    So Im looking into Paul Ryan and here are a few issues that bother me on his voting record in regards to Constitutional law and the basic Constitutional civil rights that we are supposed to be protected by.

    For starters he voted for the well known Patriot Act (as well as its recent extension) which gives government authority for warrantless spying on Americans among other unconstitutional privacy evasive means.

    Also, more recently he signed H.R. 1540 NDAA act (National Defense Authorization Act) which gives the President and Military extraordinary unconstitutional powers to detain and torture Americans indefinitely without charge and without trial. This does not includes boundaries, detainment may be enforced on our home soil and away from the battlefield.

    The full bill
    http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-1...2hr1540enr.pdf

    Paul Ryans Vote
    http://www.opencongress.org/vote/2011/h/375

    Just to add, he also voted NO to repeal indefinite detention. http://www.opencongress.org/vote/2012/h/270

    Voted YES on CISPA, the bill that attacks Internet liberty and the 1st amendment
    http://www.opencongress.org/bill/112-h3523/show

    This (and just a few examples) goes to show Paul Ryan is in full support of the Police State, tearing up the constitution and removing the civil liberties of Americans. He has also supported the creation of the TSA which is now being expanded all across the country outside of airports.

    He is a huge massive big time spender with support of wars such as Iraq, Lybia, Afghanistan and with his trend look for possible billions spent should we "officially" go to war in Iran. He will continue to support, spend and fuel the Military Industrial Complex.
    He is a typically republican spender, specifically defense spending. Where Obama is the typical democrat spender (social programs/entitlements).

    Both parties are interchangeable in the spending category, they just spend on different things. I still think Obama wins, but I do think that since Romney will be allowed to use the $ more on ads after the convention, Obama's record will come more under fire. Additionally, I am interested in seeing Ryan in the attack dog role. His interactions with Obama over the last few years have been quite intriguing.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    He is a typically republican spender, specifically defense spending. Where Obama is the typical democrat spender (social programs/entitlements).

    Both parties are interchangeable in the spending category, they just spend on different things. I still think Obama wins, but I do think that since Romney will be allowed to use the $ more on ads after the convention, Obama's record will come more under fire. Additionally, I am interested in seeing Ryan in the attack dog role. His interactions with Obama over the last few years have been quite intriguing.
    Can we really say the Republicans are more into defense spending that Democrats?
    This message was paid for by the Russians

  8. Mitt requested several years of tax returns from Ryan. Mitt needs a lot more disclosure.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    Can we really say the Republicans are more into defense spending that Democrats?
    Ax, you are speaking more directly to the current administration as evidenced by this graph. When looking historically, my statement is correct. Look at the Clinton years and the cuts to military spending (right or wrong) and take a Reagan as the flip side.

    Additionally, we most also account for really foolish wars in recent years as part of this equation.
    Quote Originally Posted by smutty View Post
    Mitt requested several years of tax returns from Ryan. Mitt needs a lot more disclosure.
    Why? He released the same amount as McCain 4 years ago. The whole tax return issue is so silly

  10. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    Ax, you are speaking more directly to the current administration as evidenced by this graph. When looking historically, my statement is correct. Look at the Clinton years and the cuts to military spending (right or wrong) and take a Reagan as the flip side.

    Additionally, we most also account for really foolish wars in recent years as part of this equation.

    Why? He released the same amount as McCain 4 years ago. The whole tax return issue is so silly
    You are correct, Clinton did cut defense spending but it wasnt anything significant, if I read correctly it was reduced by 16% which imo isnt significant, defense was just put on a short term sale. We really dunno how much is really spent under any administration anyways due to the black budgets so a decrease in defense can coincide with an increase in black budgets so we never know.

    We can look further back and history and see the biggest military spender by far was Liberal democrat Franklin Rosevelt, and liberal democrat LBJ launched the Vietnam War which also made increases in defense spending.

    The only point Im trying to make is (as you know as I repeat over and over, lol) there is no significance between the two parties.
    This message was paid for by the Russians

  11. Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    You are correct, Clinton did cut defense spending but it wasnt anything significant, if I read correctly it was reduced by 16% which imo isnt significant, defense was just put on a short term sale. We really dunno how much is really spent under any administration anyways due to the black budgets so a decrease in defense can coincide with an increase in black budgets so we never know.

    We can look further back and history and see the biggest military spender by far was Liberal democrat Franklin Rosevelt, and liberal democrat LBJ launched the Vietnam War which also made increases in defense spending.

    The only point Im trying to make is (as you know as I repeat over and over, lol) there is no significance between the two parties.
    16% is significant when you look at the total of the expenses. I do agree though, black projects are certainly things we cant account for. I had an interesting conversation with someone once who was a government contractor. Pretty eye opening

    It only makes sense that LBJ and FDR were huge in expenditures. You are right, there is not anything drastically different. they approach the issues with "different" words, but leave it the same way.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    16% is significant when you look at the total of the expenses. I do agree though, black projects are certainly things we cant account for. I had an interesting conversation with someone once who was a government contractor. Pretty eye opening

    It only makes sense that LBJ and FDR were huge in expenditures. You are right, there is not anything drastically different. they approach the issues with "different" words, but leave it the same way.
    edit, never-mind.

    Yes, its good to try to speak and engage with those on the 'in"
    This message was paid for by the Russians

  13. Huh...actually found something I highly respect and admire Paul Ryan about, he is a workout freak! Trains in (and I thought I heard he teaches) P90X too.

    http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...kout-plan.html

    This message was paid for by the Russians

  14. Quote Originally Posted by AE14
    Ax, you are speaking more directly to the current administration as evidenced by this graph. When looking historically, my statement is correct. Look at the Clinton years and the cuts to military spending (right or wrong) and take a Reagan as the flip side.

    Additionally, we most also account for really foolish wars in recent years as part of this equation.

    Why? He released the same amount as McCain 4 years ago. The whole tax return issue is so silly
    The tax thing is silly. People should be more pissed about how obama spends OUR money!!

  15. Quote Originally Posted by gregg1494 View Post
    The tax thing is silly. People should be more pissed about how obama spends OUR money!!
    That tax thing is silly, if Romney isnt paying income tax he isnt breaking Constitutional law. The dialogue should be the illegal income tax system as a whole, not Romney.

    Lets try not to (and I dont mean to tell you what to do, lol) get caught up with Obama and how he spends our money, if Romney was President the past 4 years nothing would really be different.
    This message was paid for by the Russians

  16. Quote Originally Posted by ax1

    That tax thing is silly, if Romney isnt paying income tax he isnt breaking Constitutional law. The dialogue should be the illegal income tax system as a whole, not Romney.

    Lets try not to (and I dont mean to tell you what to do, lol) get caught up with Obama and how he spends our money, if Romney was President the past 4 years nothing would really be different.
    I don't think romney said "you didn't build that." Obama is anti business, sosicalist/ Communist mother fuker and USA should be embarrassed to have a moron like him as our president.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by gregg1494

    I don't think romney said "you didn't build that." Obama is anti business, sosicalist/ Communist mother fuker and USA should be embarrassed to have a moron like him as our president.
    Karl would be proud hearing him say "let's move forward....with shared prosperity"

  18. Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    Huh...actually found something I highly respect and admire Paul Ryan about, he is a workout freak! Trains in (and I thought I heard he teaches) P90X too.

    http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...kout-plan.html

    from what I read, the guy is 6=8% body fat

    I still dont think Romney/Ryan win, as I think regardless of how they try to get out in front of the "plan" the left will continue to play it as a destruction of medicare, even though Obamacare is far worse, which could cost him a swing state here or there. Americans in general are stupid and listen to the talking heads.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by AE14
    from what I read, the guy is 6=8% body fat

    I still dont think Romney/Ryan win, as I think regardless of how they try to get out in front of the "plan" the left will continue to play it as a destruction of medicare, even though Obamacare is far worse, which could cost him a swing state here or there. Americans in general are stupid and listen to the talking heads.
    I agree AE

  20. Quote Originally Posted by gregg1494 View Post
    I don't think romney said "you didn't build that." Obama is anti business, sosicalist/ Communist mother fuker and USA should be embarrassed to have a moron like him as our president.
    Yes I saw that speech, I didnt approve of the way that came across.

    Well...I dont think that was as bad as when he bowed down to communist dictator Hu Jintao and our wonderful compassionate oil King of Saudi Arabia.

    Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    from what I read, the guy is 6=8% body fat

    I still dont think Romney/Ryan win, as I think regardless of how they try to get out in front of the "plan" the left will continue to play it as a destruction of medicare, even though Obamacare is far worse, which could cost him a swing state here or there. Americans in general are stupid and listen to the talking heads.
    I dont get it (well I do.) Romney passes approximately the same health care law that Obamacare is modeled after yet he preaches to repeal Obamacare on day 1, lol what a joke and people cheer Romney for those threats.
    This message was paid for by the Russians

  21. Quote Originally Posted by carpee View Post
    Karl would be proud hearing him say "let's move forward....with shared prosperity"
    Karl deep in his mind would be proud thinking how he made his Wall Street and Central Bank financers a crap load of money.
    This message was paid for by the Russians

  22. Quote Originally Posted by ax1


    I dont get it (well I do.) Romney passes approximately the same health care law that Obamacare is modeled after yet he preaches to repeal Obamacare on day 1, lol what a joke and people cheer Romney for those threats.
    I actually like the way Romney has handled this. He offered it as a state option, not federal. Which is a huge distinction as a states rights issue.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    I actually like the way Romney has handled this. He offered it as a state option, not federal. Which is a huge distinction as a states rights issue.
    Thats true. I like how the country is supposed to be set up as mini-countries which makes it more flexible for people to move should they not be compatible with local laws.
    This message was paid for by the Russians

  24. or open up health insurers across state lines..

  25. Quote Originally Posted by carpee
    or open up health insurers across state lines..
    This... This should have been the first thing they tried

  26. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    I actually like the way Romney has handled this. He offered it as a state option, not federal. Which is a huge distinction as a states rights issue.
    Pretty much every Republican was for something like Obamacare until it was coming from Democrats. Then it magically became poison...but if it got proposed by Romney (or say McCain did when he won) they would lap it all up yummy yummy. Back to Ax's no significant difference between the two parties, certainly not fiscally.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

    PM me with any questions!

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post
    Pretty much every Republican was for something like Obamacare until it was coming from Democrats. Then it magically became poison...but if it got proposed by Romney (or say McCain did when he won) they would lap it all up yummy yummy. Back to Ax's no significant difference between the two parties, certainly not fiscally.
    I agree it is certainly a similar plan, however, there is a huge difference between mandating it for a nation than a state. The whole purpose of federal government (as written in the constitution) is to allow all powers not expressly given to the federal government to be granted to the state. I think Romneycare makes that hugely different. I dont agree with any form of socialized medicine for those over 21, but I think the comparison is entirely different. (damn, I sound too much like Ron Paul......Ax I know you are smiling)

    I do agree though, that Republicans would have loved it if they came out with it, and Democrats would have hated it then.

    It is the nonsense that is our 2-party system

  28. Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    Yes I saw that speech, I didnt approve of the way that came across.

    Well...I dont think that was as bad as when he bowed down to communist dictator Hu Jintao and our wonderful compassionate oil King of Saudi Arabia.
    What even went through his mind when he said that. So when immigrants came to america their hard work and determination didn't make them successful the government did?? i don't think so. whats next, every pound of muscle i put on the government helped me build that too. What a joke.

    He should have been impeached for that. they bow to us... we are the greatest nation on the planet. He makes us look weak and like we are the bad guys.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by gregg1494

    What even went through his mind when he said that. So when immigrants came to america their hard work and determination didn't make them successful the government did?? i don't think so. whats next, every pound of muscle i put on the government helped me build that too. What a joke.

    He should have been impeached for that. they bow to us... we are the greatest nation on the planet. He makes us look weak and like we are the bad guys.
    http://nymag.com/news/intelligencer/...-dimon-2012-8/

    it's a free ****ing country..

    or it's supposed to be

  30. Quote Originally Posted by gregg1494 View Post
    What even went through his mind when he said that. So when immigrants came to america their hard work and determination didn't make them successful the government did?? i don't think so. whats next, every pound of muscle i put on the government helped me build that too. What a joke.

    He should have been impeached for that. they bow to us... we are the greatest nation on the planet. He makes us look weak and like we are the bad guys.
    His opinion and freedom of speech are not impeachable offenses. His policies are. He took oath of office to protect the Constitution and he has ripped it to shreds which his police state policies, stripping of our basic rights and liberties with the extension of the Patriot Act, NDAA act, National Resources Separateness Act, etc...and his cooperation with the UN to grant him war authorities without seeking congressional approval and much more.
    This message was paid for by the Russians
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Why the left is scared to death of McCain's running mate.
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Politics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-12-2008, 02:11 PM
  2. which to run with Fina.... 4AD
    By lxorl in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-17-2003, 10:53 PM
  3. TeenBB.com Back Up & Running
    By YellowJacket in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-08-2003, 11:05 PM
  4. attempting to run test prop or 4-ad inject
    By Bean in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-05-2003, 05:13 AM
Log in
Log in