What good has Obama done for the U.S.A.?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    purebred's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  172 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,125
    Rep Power
    90720

    What good has Obama done for the U.S.A.?


    Killing Bin Laden is not a valid response b/c the president did not commit this act himself - it simply occurred during his presidency.

    I don't really keep up with politics but Obama makes me laugh. I recall him saying earlier on during his presidency where he said the depression had been over. LOL idk what country he thought he was presiding over but nothing seems to have improved economically or am I delusional. All Obama does when he speaks anywhere is get into his philosophical rants about how people shouldn't have to choose between prescriptions and putting food on the table, blah, blah, blah.

    He never reveals what he intends to do. That sure wasn't the case during his election campaign. Promises, dreams, candy, and rainbows. He gets elected and I have yet to hear of/see any positive impact he's had on America. He's more of a celebrity icon than a president to me.

  2. Administrator
    Board Administrator
    Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,570
    Rep Power
    1000000

    He was always just a celebrity. He barely had a voting record.
  3. Registered User
    Knotch's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    425

    Quote Originally Posted by purebred View Post
    Killing Bin Laden is not a valid response b/c the president did not commit this act himself - it simply occurred during his presidency.

    I don't really keep up with politics but Obama makes me laugh. I recall him saying earlier on during his presidency where he said the depression had been over. LOL idk what country he thought he was presiding over but nothing seems to have improved economically or am I delusional. All Obama does when he speaks anywhere is get into his philosophical rants about how people shouldn't have to choose between prescriptions and putting food on the table, blah, blah, blah.

    He never reveals what he intends to do. That sure wasn't the case during his election campaign. Promises, dreams, candy, and rainbows. He gets elected and I have yet to hear of/see any positive impact he's had on America. He's more of a celebrity icon than a president to me.
    I'd come up with a counter point but there's nothing to really counter. Unfocused rambling. It's also odd how the killing of Osama bin Laden just happened during his presidency but aparently the economy is a whole different story. This made me chuckle a bit.

    I've been as underwhelmed by Obama as the next guy but really? 10 years of war and 10 years of the tax rate being its lowest since the 50's. What did you expect? Don't forget, before those 10 years, Clinton had left a surplus of over $200 billion. Chump change really, but still a surplus. As far as the economy goes, it will never be as strong as it was if we keep trying to repair/ strengthen it with the same methods that got us into this mess. In a consumer economy, the consumer must constantly consume. Buying **** they don't need, buying a new car every 3 years, a new house every 8. It's partially why illegal immigration has received little attention (as far as lawmakers go). They're more potential consumers to replace those that die off. "No Interest and No Payments for 12 Months!" Commercials like that show you that businesses KNOW that a very large percent of Americans are cash poor. They just find more ways to take and take.

    Greed and infighting are the problem. So long as those two things exist, we will never be a truely united country and will therefore be powerless to stop the hidden hand.

    Believe none of what you hear, half of what you read, and all that you see.
    “It's hard to get along with people. As much as you try to like them and accept them as individuals, it becomes difficult because they keep getting out of line and wasting your time.” Henry Rollins
    •   
       

  4. Administrator
    Board Administrator
    Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,570
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Surplus was a myth...it was created in the same bubble/burst cycle the housing market was created in. Cuts in spending, increased tax revenue from the tec bubble created something that looks good on paper and serves as a political talking point, but was ultimately a failure and myth.
  5. Registered User
    Young Gotti's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Toy Town
    Posts
    5,318
    Rep Power
    954755

    simple answer....nothing.....obama is the worst president this country has ever seen....the only thing worse than a bush is an obama
    I Force Anabolic Minion, Eat, Train, Grow
    Iforcenutrition.com
  6. Registered User
    Knotch's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    425

    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Surplus was a myth...it was created in the same bubble/burst cycle the housing market was created in. Cuts in spending, increased tax revenue from the tec bubble created something that looks good on paper and serves as a political talking point, but was ultimately a failure and myth.
    I tried to read up more on that but could only find Conservative sites making those claims. If you have an idenpendant site please post because if it's true, it's what I want to know. It's not a huge deal because like I said, $200 billion in respect to the federal budget, is chump change. It helps the arguement but certainly doesn't make it.


    And yet another assertion with no talking points. The propaganda machine has worked well these past few years.
    “It's hard to get along with people. As much as you try to like them and accept them as individuals, it becomes difficult because they keep getting out of line and wasting your time.” Henry Rollins
  7. Registered User
    Conagher's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    515
    Rep Power
    4085

    What good has any politician done in the last 11 years.This video pretty much sums up our current state.

    http://youtu.be/acLW1vFO-2Q
  8. Administrator
    Board Administrator
    Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,570
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Quote Originally Posted by Knotch View Post
    I tried to read up more on that but could only find Conservative sites making those claims. If you have an idenpendant site please post because if it's true, it's what I want to know. It's not a huge deal because like I said, $200 billion in respect to the federal budget, is chump change. It helps the arguement but certainly doesn't make it.


    And yet another assertion with no talking points. The propaganda machine has worked well these past few years.

    Been a while..its a not a partisan issue, its just the facts. Companies were bought and sold with cheap money based on the number of hits...which was completely irrelevant to their value. Its the business I am in....companies were completely overvalued based simply off traffic numbers, not profit or revenue. You had a boom in the economy because of the internet and ecommerce, something that didn't exist in the 80's and early 90's....money was easy to get....interest rates were low....money was cheap (something that still existed after the crash). Companies were overvalued....wall street pumped trillions into these companies which as a result hired a LOT of people....then investors started to actually examine profits and actual revenue.....and the house of cards came tumbling down. You actually did have a cut in spending for the first time in forever....its amazing how many people give Clinton credit yet ignore the Nasdaq crash....

    Now take that time period and apply it to the housing boom/bust....which I was in as well. Money was easy to get....prices increased not based on demand, but perception. Wall street pumped trillions into it, backed by the feds (which made it worse) and the same think happened.....when the numbers didn't add up and the reality that housing prices couldn't sustain a 35% annual increase in value, the house of cards fell.


    As you say, believe all that you see...I saw it. If you look at it from political talking points, you simply will get facts interpreted to to fit an agenda. My agenda wasn't political, it was about making money.


    Now you take all of that, you add in a couple million baby boomers retiring, you add a doubling of unemployment, you add increase in government spending overall (because of those same people that are retiring and now collecting) and you get to the state we are in....you can add the war but in reality you spent more in one week 2 years ago than you did in 8 for 2 wars so thats a blip when its come to the amount of debt we're in. You can stop that tomorrow, but you can't stop Social Security and medicare payments nor increase tax revneune from a loss of jobs.

    When all is said and done the prognosis is that we probably should have neer had those jobs to begin with...4-5% unemployment is a myth in todays economy and reality is sinking in.....thats why everyone with a brain that isn't a partisan doesn't expect a return of before because it was all a farce. Only way you do is repeat the cycle again...or reinvent yourself...because the monopoly we had in production with so many industries is gone....to countries with cheaper labor and taxes.
  9. Registered User
    MidwestBeast's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    SEC
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,036
    Rep Power
    3092031

    He cares too much about the spotlight.

    I don't really have any personal shots I want to take at him, but if I were in the role of President and the country was in the state that it is, I sure wouldn't be making ESPN NCAA brackets a priority. I'm not saying the guy shouldn't have a life (although he kind of shouldn't), but he should be telling his PR team that when he does stuff with athletes, it doesn't need to be covered; nor does he need to go out of his way to put himself in these positions. As a voter who doesn't rake in a lot of money, watching him yuk it up with millionaire athletes doesn't really make me want to vote for him or even support him for that matter.

    And the one thing that just killed me was listening to the State of the Union (I NEVER listen to these, but made the mistake this year) where he talked about how important education is and how we need to put ourselves back in a position ahead of all the other countries like we used to, and then going on a few minutes later to talk about all the cuts to education. Makes me sick.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  10. Registered User
    MakaveliThaDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,781
    Rep Power
    5915

    MWB for president yo!
  11. Registered User
    MidwestBeast's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    SEC
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,036
    Rep Power
    3092031

    Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    MWB for president yo!
    Haha never in my life would I wish to be in that position. Even for those who handled the position well were still overly criticized. I don't need that kind of stress in my life (more reverse T3?! no thanks! lol). I don't know nearly as much about politics or the government any more as I should; I'm trying to correct that.

    Not everyone will be perfect. There's no arguing that. But to have someone make a statement and then just minutes later in the same statement, knowingly contradict it is appalling.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  12. Registered User
    Rahl's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,383
    Rep Power
    121919

    Had the balls to be president during the second worst economic crisis in US history. I'll give him some credit for that.

    He's not been stellar but I honestly believe nobody would. It's a shot situation that isn't going to be easy to heal and neither side has the nuts to do what it takes.
  13. Administrator
    Board Administrator
    Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,570
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Quote Originally Posted by Rahl View Post
    Had the balls to be president during the second worst economic crisis in US history. I'll give him some credit for that.

    He's not been stellar but I honestly believe nobody would. It's a shot situation that isn't going to be easy to heal and neither side has the nuts to do what it takes.


    LOL..had the balls? Yeah right....if you think he actually thought about THAT when he decided to run you're nuts....he was the anti-war candidate to counter Hillary's pro war voting record....the economy happened when he was neck deep in the campaign already.
  14. Registered User
    kanakafarian's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    45°31′12″N 122°40′55″W
    Posts
    1,556
    Rep Power
    1316

    If you look at history, it is when a Republican is in office that we end up in a national debt. When Clinton took over, as stated above, there was a surplus. Then what happened? Rep back in office and left us in the biggest deficit in history. There's not much one can do when you inherit a country to run in such debt. You really can't blame Obama for it. I'm neither Rep or Dem so just saying. No matter who's in office, someone will be complaining.
  15. Administrator
    Board Administrator
    Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,570
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Quote Originally Posted by kanakafarian View Post
    If you look at history, it is when a Republican is in office that we end up in a national debt. When Clinton took over, as stated above, there was a surplus. Then what happened? Rep back in office and left us in the biggest deficit in history. There's not much one can do when you inherit a country to run in such debt. You really can't blame Obama for it. I'm neither Rep or Dem so just saying. No matter who's in office, someone will be complaining.
    History does not agree with you. Congress controls the purse strings, not the President. Biggest deficit in history? Not even close....Money doesn't care what side of the aisle you're on....they ALL spend like crazy.





    Graph of U.S. gross public debt between 1981 and 2012 (est) as a percentage of GDP, with columns color coded by party in control of Congress. At the top of the chart, the presidential terms are identified to aid in analysis.
  16. Registered User
    kanakafarian's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    45°31′12″N 122°40′55″W
    Posts
    1,556
    Rep Power
    1316

    I stand corrected, I guess the chart will speak for itself. But what people don't realize is that the housing bubble busted and that in turn, led to a domino effect. Timing was bad for Obama to say the least. But like I said, I'm neither for or against him. I just think he gets the blame for everything that was already wrong with our country.
  17. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,867
    Rep Power
    768811

    Quote Originally Posted by Knotch View Post
    I tried to read up more on that but could only find Conservative sites making those claims. If you have an idenpendant site please post because if it's true, it's what I want to know. It's not a huge deal because like I said, $200 billion in respect to the federal budget, is chump change. It helps the arguement but certainly doesn't make it.


    And yet another assertion with no talking points. The propaganda machine has worked well these past few years.
    The other issue with the "surplus" was that the presidents of either party were raiding the social security revenue that was supposed to be adding to the balance of the social security trust fund, and instead counting it as general revenue.

    Beyond that, it still wasn't real. From the US treasury... the actual debt outstanding for the US government


    09/30/1999 5,656,270,901,615.43
    09/30/1998 5,526,193,008,897.62
    09/30/1997 5,413,146,011,397.34
    09/30/1996 5,224,810,939,135.73
    09/29/1995 4,973,982,900,709.39
    09/30/1994 4,692,749,910,013.32
    09/30/1993 4,411,488,883,139.38

    I may not be a congressman, but I can do the math and see that somehow the national debt went up even in the years where clinton had a "surplus". Here's a link to the actual department of treasury page Government - Historical Debt Outstanding - Annual 1950 - 1999
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  18. Administrator
    Board Administrator
    Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,570
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Quote Originally Posted by kanakafarian View Post
    I stand corrected, I guess the chart will speak for itself. But what people don't realize is that the housing bubble busted and that in turn, led to a domino effect. Timing was bad for Obama to say the least. But like I said, I'm neither for or against him. I just think he gets the blame for everything that was already wrong with our country.

    He gets the blame for not fixing it...whether fair or not. If you run for President and within that time claim to get the country back on track or get America working again or some other cliche he used, then you get the blame if you dont come through.

    The reality, he can't and never could. He knew that but he's trying to get elected. The cause of all this mess goes back a long long way.... But you wont hear that because if you convince people that its recent, you can use it to to get elected.
  19. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,867
    Rep Power
    768811

    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    He gets the blame for not fixing it...whether fair or not. If you run for President and within that time claim to get the country back on track or get America working again or some other cliche he used, then you get the blame if you dont come through.

    The reality, he can't and never could. He knew that but he's trying to get elected. The cause of all this mess goes back a long long way.... But you wont hear that because if you convince people that its recent, you can use it to to get elected.
    And somehow people are ok blaming Bush, but he inherited a near instant recession from the dot com bubble busting as well as the first attack on US soil since Pearl Harbor.
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  20. Administrator
    Board Administrator
    Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,570
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    And somehow people are ok blaming Bush, but he inherited a near instant recession from the dot com bubble busting as well as the first attack on US soil since Pearl Harbor.

    Of course....people want to be elected so you have to convince the public of that. Very rare is the truth in some poltical speech or talkng point.
  21. ax1
    ax1 is offline
    Registered User
    ax1's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    북한 Democratic People's Republic of North Korea
    Posts
    5,379
    Rep Power
    1092778

    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Of course....people want to be elected so you have to convince the public of that. Very rare is the truth in some poltical speech or talkng point.
    Oh, come on...enough with the extreme conspiracies here.

    My home girl got the reality of the situationz down to the stone here vvvv
    나는 2000년 10월 매들린 올브라이트 전 미 국무장관 매들린 사랑, 그 중 한 뜨거운 젠장!
  22. Registered User
    kanakafarian's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    45°31′12″N 122°40′55″W
    Posts
    1,556
    Rep Power
    1316

    So, bottom line? We don't need a president? Anarchy FTW! lol
  23. Registered User
    Conagher's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    515
    Rep Power
    4085

    Quote Originally Posted by Rahl View Post
    Had the balls to be president during the second worst economic crisis in US history. I'll give him some credit for that.

    He's not been stellar but I honestly believe nobody would. It's a shot situation that isn't going to be easy to heal and neither side has the nuts to do what it takes.
    Agreed.I won`t pretend that I know what it takes to make an economy run,but to a layman like myself the major problems seem to be pretty transparent.But like you said,neither side has the balls to step up and do what it takes to get this thing back on track.
    I have been involved to a small extent on both ends of the spectrum.From corporate corruption to corrupt entitlement progams,the working man is getting squeezed to death.
  24. Registered User
    Conagher's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    515
    Rep Power
    4085

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    And somehow people are ok blaming Bush, but he inherited a near instant recession from the dot com bubble busting as well as the first attack on US soil since Pearl Harbor.
    The problem I have with Bush,Easy,is the whole Iraq charade.Kind of odd that Haliburton reaped all the benefits of no bid contracts from the whole debacle,don`t you think?
  25. Administrator
    Board Administrator
    Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,570
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Quote Originally Posted by Conagher View Post
    The problem I have with Bush,Easy,is the whole Iraq charade.Kind of odd that Haliburton reaped all the benefits of no bid contracts from the whole debacle,don`t you think?
    Then by your rational Obama is tied to them as well since he has increased the cost and size of both wars......dont ya think?

    The anti-war President is suddenly on the side of the Bush doctrine...Libya anyone?
  26. ax1
    ax1 is offline
    Registered User
    ax1's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    북한 Democratic People's Republic of North Korea
    Posts
    5,379
    Rep Power
    1092778

    Quote Originally Posted by Conagher View Post
    The problem I have with Bush,Easy,is the whole Iraq charade.Kind of odd that Haliburton reaped all the benefits of no bid contracts from the whole debacle,don`t you think?
    And now with Obama we have a whole Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Yemen, Pakistan and more potential wars soon to be in the mix. Haliburton loves Obama.

    Obama is Bush's 3rd term on steroids...an no matter who gets elected (real leaders dont get elected) it will be Bush's 4 term coming soon!
    나는 2000년 10월 매들린 올브라이트 전 미 국무장관 매들린 사랑, 그 중 한 뜨거운 젠장!
  27. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,329
    Rep Power
    922354

    The end result, we have had horrible leadership for decades. It will not change, as all of the current flock of politicians are bought and paid for. I dont care who wins in 2012, it is all the same. The parties really are no different, and the people in this country are too fat, lazy and happy to make a change. Quite sad really
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  28. Registered User
    Knotch's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    425

    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Been a while..its a not a partisan issue, its just the facts. Companies were bought and sold with cheap money based on the number of hits...which was completely irrelevant to their value. Its the business I am in....companies were completely overvalued based simply off traffic numbers, not profit or revenue. You had a boom in the economy because of the internet and ecommerce, something that didn't exist in the 80's and early 90's....money was easy to get....interest rates were low....money was cheap (something that still existed after the crash). Companies were overvalued....wall street pumped trillions into these companies which as a result hired a LOT of people....then investors started to actually examine profits and actual revenue.....and the house of cards came tumbling down. You actually did have a cut in spending for the first time in forever....its amazing how many people give Clinton credit yet ignore the Nasdaq crash....

    Now take that time period and apply it to the housing boom/bust....which I was in as well. Money was easy to get....prices increased not based on demand, but perception. Wall street pumped trillions into it, backed by the feds (which made it worse) and the same think happened.....when the numbers didn't add up and the reality that housing prices couldn't sustain a 35% annual increase in value, the house of cards fell.


    As you say, believe all that you see...I saw it. If you look at it from political talking points, you simply will get facts interpreted to to fit an agenda. My agenda wasn't political, it was about making money.


    Now you take all of that, you add in a couple million baby boomers retiring, you add a doubling of unemployment, you add increase in government spending overall (because of those same people that are retiring and now collecting) and you get to the state we are in....you can add the war but in reality you spent more in one week 2 years ago than you did in 8 for 2 wars so thats a blip when its come to the amount of debt we're in. You can stop that tomorrow, but you can't stop Social Security and medicare payments nor increase tax revneune from a loss of jobs.

    When all is said and done the prognosis is that we probably should have neer had those jobs to begin with...4-5% unemployment is a myth in todays economy and reality is sinking in.....thats why everyone with a brain that isn't a partisan doesn't expect a return of before because it was all a farce. Only way you do is repeat the cycle again...or reinvent yourself...because the monopoly we had in production with so many industries is gone....to countries with cheaper labor and taxes.
    Oh I fully agree it's not a partisan issue. That's the kind of thinking detracts from the core. Considering you have experience in that sort of thing, I'll take your word for it. (re: the surplus)

    The only real criticism that I have for Obama is that he really hasn't stood up and fought for his ideals. He reminds me of that kid that would try to hang out with a group of kids but was never really accepted, and the only reason the cool kids let him around is to take stuff from him. He's been a huge pushover. Not a huge fan of what he's trying to do overseas either. Certainly doesn't help the debt at all.
    “It's hard to get along with people. As much as you try to like them and accept them as individuals, it becomes difficult because they keep getting out of line and wasting your time.” Henry Rollins
  29. Administrator
    Board Administrator
    Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,570
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Cycle of politics. Cater to the base in your primary, shift to center (less critical positions) in the general, get elected, do everything to get reelected even if that means alienating the people that got you there. Rinse, repeat....

    There is a reason the boomers are so cynical.
  30. Registered User
    Conagher's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    515
    Rep Power
    4085

    Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    The end result, we have had horrible leadership for decades. It will not change, as all of the current flock of politicians are bought and paid for. I dont care who wins in 2012, it is all the same. The parties really are no different, and the people in this country are too fat, lazy and happy to make a change. Quite sad really
    Agreed.I have lost all hope for the future of this country.
  31. Administrator
    Board Administrator
    Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,570
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Hope and change!
  32. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,867
    Rep Power
    768811

    Quote Originally Posted by Knotch View Post
    Oh I fully agree it's not a partisan issue. That's the kind of thinking detracts from the core. Considering you have experience in that sort of thing, I'll take your word for it. (re: the surplus)

    The only real criticism that I have for Obama is that he really hasn't stood up and fought for his ideals. He reminds me of that kid that would try to hang out with a group of kids but was never really accepted, and the only reason the cool kids let him around is to take stuff from him. He's been a huge pushover. Not a huge fan of what he's trying to do overseas either. Certainly doesn't help the debt at all.
    He did stand up for his ideals though. His only ideals were "do and say whatever I have to so as to get elected president".
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  33. Registered User
    owlicks's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    443
    Rep Power
    14108

    Read, be entertained, and hopefully learn a thing or two along the way: http://whatthe****hasobamadonesofar.com/ -- grr... won't let me post w/o editing -- just take out spaces http://www.whatthe f u c k hasobamadonesofar.com And I don't believe this should be edited b/c it's a legitimate URL to a legitimate site, I can't link it w/o profanity.
  34. ax1
    ax1 is offline
    Registered User
    ax1's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    북한 Democratic People's Republic of North Korea
    Posts
    5,379
    Rep Power
    1092778

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    He did stand up for his ideals though. His only ideals were "do and say whatever I have to so as to get elected president".
    Hey, its not easy standing and reading a teleprompter at the same time.
    나는 2000년 10월 매들린 올브라이트 전 미 국무장관 매들린 사랑, 그 중 한 뜨거운 젠장!
  35. Registered User
    MidwestBeast's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    SEC
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,036
    Rep Power
    3092031

    Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    Obama is Bush's 3rd term on steroids...an no matter who gets elected (real leaders dont get elected) it will be Bush's 4 term coming soon!
    Interesting take on it. I like the analogy.

    Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    The parties really are no different, and the people in this country are too fat, lazy and happy to make a change. Quite sad really
    Yep. With almost anything anymore, people don't show any initiative.

    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Hope and change!
    Yes we can!
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  36. Registered User
    Knotch's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    425

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    He did stand up for his ideals though. His only ideals were "do and say whatever I have to so as to get elected president".
    And the Latinos aren't too happy. He's extremely lucky that a republican choice would be worse for them.
    “It's hard to get along with people. As much as you try to like them and accept them as individuals, it becomes difficult because they keep getting out of line and wasting your time.” Henry Rollins
  37. Administrator
    Board Administrator
    Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,570
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Quote Originally Posted by Knotch View Post
    And the Latinos aren't too happy. He's extremely lucky that a republican choice would be worse for them.
    Unless you're in Miami...And your name is Rubio.
  38. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,769
    Rep Power
    2088891

    Quote Originally Posted by Knotch View Post
    I tried to read up more on that but could only find Conservative sites making those claims. If you have an idenpendant site please post because if it's true, it's what I want to know. It's not a huge deal because like I said, $200 billion in respect to the federal budget, is chump change. It helps the arguement but certainly doesn't make it.


    And yet another assertion with no talking points. The propaganda machine has worked well these past few years.
    http://www.politifact.com/
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  39. Registered User
    TheMeatus101's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The 4th Dimension
    Posts
    1,229
    Rep Power
    7266

    Quote Originally Posted by purebred View Post
    Killing Bin Laden is not a valid response b/c the president did not commit this act himself - it simply occurred during his presidency.

    I don't really keep up with politics but Obama makes me laugh. I recall him saying earlier on during his presidency where he said the depression had been over. LOL idk what country he thought he was presiding over but nothing seems to have improved economically or am I delusional. All Obama does when he speaks anywhere is get into his philosophical rants about how people shouldn't have to choose between prescriptions and putting food on the table, blah, blah, blah.

    He never reveals what he intends to do. That sure wasn't the case during his election campaign. Promises, dreams, candy, and rainbows. He gets elected and I have yet to hear of/see any positive impact he's had on America. He's more of a celebrity icon than a president to me.
    Exactly, when he shows up on T.V. one night wearing a ****ing turbin shouting that this is the end of America and launches a ****ing nuclear bomb on us, then everybody will realize.
    Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.
    -Jim Morrison
  40. Registered User
    Knotch's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    425

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Completely spaced out and forgot about that one, thank you. Added to favorites. It does in a way confirm what I had said though. About $200 billion. I had seen the claims of $5 trillion but it seemed far too convenient and low and behold it was in fact, spin.
    “It's hard to get along with people. As much as you try to like them and accept them as individuals, it becomes difficult because they keep getting out of line and wasting your time.” Henry Rollins
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Obama Win!!!
    By Vtaper in forum Politics
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 02-08-2010, 10:28 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-11-2010, 12:51 PM
  3. Replies: 153
    Last Post: 09-21-2009, 08:15 AM
  4. Something obama is doing I can get behind
    By EasyEJL in forum Politics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-10-2009, 08:34 PM
  5. Obama won...
    By RenegadeRows in forum General Chat
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 06-06-2008, 11:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in