More Democrats jumping on the "Obama has failed" band wagon

  1. Senior Member
    youngandfree's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,285
    Rep Power
    2271
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    21.18%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    More Democrats jumping on the "Obama has failed" band wagon


    Here is an article in Politico, a flaming liberal organization, with numerous democrats piling onto Obama. Their justifications are all spot on. But what they don't understand is this country is not a socialist country. The American people saw through the BS double speak on the overtly and radical socialist agenda. We don't want it. Period. The democrats didn't get their ads handed to them because of a failure in getting out the message like Obama claims. They got their message out enough that the people saw what they are doing and want to stop it. And the uber left think independents went to the tea party because they wanted single payer health care and were mad because Obama didn't get it done. That's the craziest and funniest reason yet. The overwhelming majority of the country doesn't want to become a socialist nation. All of Obama's agenda is designed to control of every aspect of Americans lives and turn us into a sociist nation on par with every other country in the world. But we are better than socialism and what it has done to every nation that has chosen it. There is a reason we have the greatest standard of living in the world.

    Mobile POLITICO: Obama isolated ahead of 2012

  2. Senior Member
    Mrs. Gimpy!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,040
    Rep Power
    632
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    67.13%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    80% of that article seems like a democratic QQ (whine) fest about how obama just doesnt kiss their feet and call them to his dinner table nightly. why is it so important to people to feel "special"??

    true the article touches (very lightly) on obama's hostile approach to the free market system. i need to hunt around for more info on how obama has disappointed the dems. i know they are unsatfisfied with the results of his presidency so far, however i admit, im a bit behind on the details of the matter.
  3. Professional Member
    mich29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,518
    Rep Power
    107134
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    24.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    these type of people are missing the boat.anyone who thought obama was going to get much of anything done in first term is sadly mistaken.I'd personally like to see him fight back on some of the attacks on him .
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    iron fists's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    85
    Rep Power
    120
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    53.98%

    Oh...but obama does fight back against everyone that attacks him and his policies/failures..he does each and everyone as he is too thin skinned and cannot handle/tolerate any criticism. With that said, he can only fight back ina junior high school esque way of name calling and waging war agianst those that oppose him. He could fight back and silence all with proof and factual data that proves him right and the naysayers wrong..but there is one problem with that...he cannot back anything he does with real figures and factual evidence or he would have already. The man changes his mind so much and flip flops on all his daily televised speaches that its hard to tell what he wants to do. getting a direct statement from him that clearly addresses case points against him are yet to be seen...if you asked the man if he liked eggs or oats for breakfast he would go into a lecture about what he had eaten for breakfast the last 4 days and then talk about the difference in eggs and oats and there nutritional value and how his wife is leading a fight against childhood obesity and then ask you...what would you have for breakfast. thats the kind of leadership we got...cant roll with the punches, lacks all responsiblity and thinks accountability for ones actions is a section on a tax return.
  5. New Member
    TheWriting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    111
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    55.61%

    Bottom line is that all politicians are like this, it is rare to find one that isn't full of it.
  6. Registered User
    CDB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,543
    Rep Power
    2676
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    20.39%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by youngandfree View Post
    Here is an article in Politico, a flaming liberal organization, with numerous democrats piling onto Obama. Their justifications are all spot on. But what they don't understand is this country is not a socialist country. The American people saw through the BS double speak on the overtly and radical socialist agenda. We don't want it. Period.
    Incorrect. America is a schitzofrenic country. It wants the welfare-warfare state, just not the bill. The US wants European style socialism with a western capitalist budget, and the two are incompatible. Corporate owners and financiers want their profits to keep and their losses to be socialized. Labor wants continually higher pay and more benefits for the same or less work and a property right in their job which destroys the division of labor, and the populace just seem to want to buy things like there's no tomorrow and never show a whit of thrift. And, since the government has control over the money supply and has been able to masquerade as a source of wealth rather than a consumer of it for so long, most people living in the US today don't understand that such a thing is not possible. You can't have profit without loss, over compensation without drain, and spending without reckoning.
  7. Elite Member
    ax1's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,425
    Rep Power
    1236144
    Level
    60
    Lv. Percent
    82.91%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    When are people going to all realize that there is no difference between Bush and Obama, besides TV. Their policies are mostly all the same.

    Choosing between democrats and republicans is like having a choice between Coke and Pepsi.
    나는 2000년 10월 매들린 올브라이트 전 미 국무장관 매들린 사랑, 그 중 한 뜨거운 젠장!
  8. Professional Member
    Gutterpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,750
    Rep Power
    270698
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    12.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by youngandfree View Post
    There is a reason we have the greatest standard of living in the world.
    This is a joke right? Show me the statistics on this.... because I've seen them... I want to see the version you're looking at.

    The quality of life and standard of living in the US is not the greatest in the world. It's in the top 10 from what I remember, but not the top.
  9. Senior Member
    Fastone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,312
    Rep Power
    839
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    31.45%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mich29 View Post
    these type of people are missing the boat.anyone who thought obama was going to get much of anything done in first term is sadly mistaken.I'd personally like to see him fight back on some of the attacks on him .
    You and I agree on this, he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. The republican agenda is for him to fail and they've done a pretty effective job of pushing that agenda.

    Basically in their eyes, he could cure cancer and they would find a way through Fox News to get people to believe that a little carcinoma won't hurt you and that it's un American to not have cancer. The far left is attacking him because they thought that he was basically going to do what they wanted. So I say he's got nothing to lose.

    I have one question, where were you young and free tea party people when the Bush administration was taking away your freedoms with the Patriot Act, wiretapping at will.... etc.
  10. Elite Member
    ax1's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,425
    Rep Power
    1236144
    Level
    60
    Lv. Percent
    82.91%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    tea party people
    what sect? there is the original real sect, and then the one glen beck and sarah palin took over and made them look like goofballs all over tv.
    나는 2000년 10월 매들린 올브라이트 전 미 국무장관 매들린 사랑, 그 중 한 뜨거운 젠장!
  11. Professional Member
    southpaw23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,376
    Rep Power
    1387265
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    13.35%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Just an FYI- Politico is not a liberal media source. It's a conservative media outlet. It's great to see people voting against their own self interests, height of idiocy.
  12. Registered User
    CDB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,543
    Rep Power
    2676
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    20.39%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    I have one question, where were you young and free tea party people when the Bush administration was taking away your freedoms with the Patriot Act, wiretapping at will.... etc.
    Writing and demonstrating against them, at least in my case. In any event the Tea Party is not an ideologically cohesive group so such questions are meaningless when posed to its members as you'll get as many answers as people you ask. The TP is just a group of people who are generally fed up with government, its current size and scope and cost. That grouping includes the libertarians and Ron Paul types who started it as well as the neoconservative Hannity and Palin types who have essentially taken it over by becoming the public face of the TP for most people.
  13. Senior Member
    youngandfree's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,285
    Rep Power
    2271
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    21.18%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    You and I agree on this, he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. The republican agenda is for him to fail and they've done a pretty effective job of pushing that agenda.

    Basically in their eyes, he could cure cancer and they would find a way through Fox News to get people to believe that a little carcinoma won't hurt you and that it's un American to not have cancer. The far left is attacking him because they thought that he was basically going to do what they wanted. So I say he's got nothing to lose.

    I have one question, where were you young and free tea party people when the Bush administration was taking away your freedoms with the Patriot Act, wiretapping at will.... etc.
    In regard to the Bush haters and the Patriot Act. Obviously your liberal education overlooked the "father" of the Patriot Act. Remember the Omnibus Counter Terrorism Act of 1995 written by "Sheriff Joe" Biden? Funny back then the libs attacked the conservatives that fought for your civil liberties and fought against that bill. The bill expanded the governments wiretap abilities and the ability to use "secret" evidence against you without releasing said evidence. It gave the government the ability to declare people terrorists at will. When the republicans fought against those things in Congress, they were attacked for trying to hold up Clinton's fight against terrorism. The bill was passed after McVeigh was convicted.

    Now comes the Patriot Act, the kissing cousin to the 1995 act. And because Bush is in office, all the libs go crazy about the destruction of our civil liberties. But they forgot about these ideas coming from a liberal Democrat, Biden. Biden even supported it until 2007 and campaign time. Then he went on the offense about the destruction of Americans civil liberties and jumped on the Bush hating band wagon. So once again, the libs flip flopped and only want to defend civil liberties when it benefits them politically, not because it is good for America.
  14. Senior Member
    Fastone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,312
    Rep Power
    839
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    31.45%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by youngandfree View Post
    In regard to the Bush haters and the Patriot Act. Obviously your liberal education overlooked the "father" of the Patriot Act. Remember the Omnibus Counter Terrorism Act of 1995 written by "Sheriff Joe" Biden? Funny back then the libs attacked the conservatives that fought for your civil liberties and fought against that bill. The bill expanded the governments wiretap abilities and the ability to use "secret" evidence against you without releasing said evidence. It gave the government the ability to declare people terrorists at will. When the republicans fought against those things in Congress, they were attacked for trying to hold up Clinton's fight against terrorism. The bill was passed after McVeigh was convicted.

    Now comes the Patriot Act, the kissing cousin to the 1995 act. And because Bush is in office, all the libs go crazy about the destruction of our civil liberties. But they forgot about these ideas coming from a liberal Democrat, Biden. Biden even supported it until 2007 and campaign time. Then he went on the offense about the destruction of Americans civil liberties and jumped on the Bush hating band wagon. So once again, the libs flip flopped and only want to defend civil liberties when it benefits them politically, not because it is good for America.
    I guess it's like Mitch McConnell publicly attacking the democrats as quitters who want to "cut and run" for wanting to bring troops home from the weapons of Mass Destruction pit aka Iraq while secretly lobbying for the same thing in order to save republican seats in the house, basically, they are all full of it and care about their own interests, wait till your tea bagging friends show their true colors. I quess we could go tit for tat all day.
  15. Advanced Member
    diablosho's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  163 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    706
    Rep Power
    647
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    10.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    When are people going to all realize that there is no difference between Bush and Obama, besides TV. Their policies are mostly all the same.

    Choosing between democrats and republicans is like having a choice between Coke and Pepsi.
    I hate Pepsi!
  16. Advanced Member
    diablosho's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  163 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    706
    Rep Power
    647
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    10.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    I have one question, where were you young and free tea party people when the Bush administration was taking away your freedoms with the Patriot Act, wiretapping at will.... etc.
    The same place you liberals were when Obama's administration decided to molest and/or "virtually strip-search" EVERYBODY at certain airports rather than PROFILE terrorists. God forbid. I'd take the wiretaps anyday. Why is everything blame BUSH these days? When does it become OBAMA's fault? BP oil spill, didn't hear much about that. And the SEC becoming immune to the Freedom of Information Act (passed by Chris Dodd & Barney Frank tucked away in the Financial Reform Act in July). Czars for EVERYTHING. Government Motors. Government Banks. Umm, what else. Should I even go on, or are these what you liberals actually wanted?
  17. Advanced Member
    diablosho's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  163 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    706
    Rep Power
    647
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    10.7%

    Cool


    OOOOOHHHHHH, and let's not forget paying our bills with monopoly money. LOTS of monopoly money. China LOVES monopoly money.
  18. Advanced Member
    xFRACTION's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  199 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    959
    Rep Power
    3286
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    43.58%

    Quote Originally Posted by diablosho View Post
    OOOOOHHHHHH, and let's not forget paying our bills with monopoly money. LOTS of monopoly money. China LOVES monopoly money.
    Nah we dont even need fake money we can just print more O YEA!....ugh
  19. Advanced Member
    xFRACTION's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  199 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    959
    Rep Power
    3286
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    43.58%

    Quote Originally Posted by diablosho View Post
    The same place you liberals were when Obama's administration decided to molest and/or "virtually strip-search" EVERYBODY at certain airports rather than PROFILE terrorists. God forbid. I'd take the wiretaps anyday. Why is everything blame BUSH these days? When does it become OBAMA's fault? BP oil spill, didn't hear much about that. And the SEC becoming immune to the Freedom of Information Act (passed by Chris Dodd & Barney Frank tucked away in the Financial Reform Act in July). Czars for EVERYTHING. Government Motors. Government Banks. Umm, what else. Should I even go on, or are these what you liberals actually wanted?
    Ummm anyone remember what its called when the government owns the means of production again? anyone?
  20. New Member
    beni182's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    123
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    56.58%

    Quote Originally Posted by xFRACTION View Post
    Ummm anyone remember what its called when the government owns the means of production again? anyone?
    Corporatism.
  21. Advanced Member
    xFRACTION's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  199 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    959
    Rep Power
    3286
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    43.58%

    Quote Originally Posted by beni182 View Post
    Corporatism.
    MMMM sorry but the answer we were looking for was communism. thats right communism.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 43
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 06:42 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-06-2009, 07:42 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 10:07 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-13-2008, 02:37 AM
  5. Arnold calls Democrats in CA "Girlie Men", Gays get mad
    By CEDeoudes59 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 08-07-2004, 01:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in