Do you support the preservation of liberty and the fight to STOP Obamacare?

  1. Senior Member
    youngandfree's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,285
    Rep Power
    2270
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    21.11%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Do you support the preservation of liberty and the fight to STOP Obamacare?


    If you don't know, several states have filed suit against the federal govt on the unconstitutionality of Obamacare and specifically the mandate to buy insurance or face a tax penalty. The judge in Florida DENIED the fed motion to dismiss the suit. Virginia is having its case heard this week. Below is an online petition showing support to stop Obamacare before it destroys any more of our way of life. If you value liberty and your personal freedom, sign the petition to show your support. Pass it along as well.

    Grassfire

  2. New Member
    noot's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Age
    25
    Posts
    340
    Rep Power
    21250
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    7.83%

    The consitution doesn't say anything about healthcare.


    Noting specifically this,
    "Specifically, I believe that government-mandated requirements for individuals to obtain health insurance are unconstitutional"

    I mean, the statement that they provide does not appear to be editable, so it appears in order to sign the petition I would have to be agreeing with something, and I have checked, is not in the consitution. And the fact that it adds "I believe," does not help either, the site is just putting words in to my mouth...And apparently is telling me what to believe. Why not allow me to use my so-called "individual liberty", and not write my opinions for me.

    Doesn't help that the petition is sponsored by "LibertyAction.org", who's slogan apparently is "restoring the culture by advancing religious freedom".

    Shredding (3/19/13): OxyElite Pro (Original Formula) + Compound 20
  3. Banned
    JCunningham's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    761
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    92.07%

    I value liberty. Which means I am not tolerant to anyone against me or my countries well being.. Liberals, different religions, women(jk), illegals, and foreign ties..

    Long live God's country.. Lets get rid of this lying muck who calls himself a good Chirstian man..
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    youngandfree's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,285
    Rep Power
    2270
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    21.11%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by noot View Post
    The consitution doesn't say anything about healthcare.


    Noting specifically this,
    "Specifically, I believe that government-mandated requirements for individuals to obtain health insurance are unconstitutional"

    I mean, the statement that they provide does not appear to be editable, so it appears in order to sign the petition I would have to be agreeing with something, and I have checked, is not in the consitution. And the fact that it adds "I believe," does not help either, the site is just putting words in to my mouth...And apparently is telling me what to believe. Why not allow me to use my so-called "individual liberty", and not write my opinions for me.

    Doesn't help that the petition is sponsored by "LibertyAction.org", who's slogan apparently is "restoring the culture by advancing religious freedom".

    Your post doesn't make a lot of sense. The stance in the petition is that mandating citizens to buy healthcare is unconstitutional. Then you say you looked, and the constitution doesn't say anything about healthcare. And you are correct, the constitution doesn't say anything about healthcare. So if you agree that is true, what part don't you agree with? The part where the petition says that the constitution doesn't say anything about healthcare?

    I'm just confused about your response.
  5. Banned
    JCunningham's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    761
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    92.07%

    Must be a liberal..
  6. Professional Member
    southpaw23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,376
    Rep Power
    1387265
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    13.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Strategery.
  7. New Member
    noot's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Age
    25
    Posts
    340
    Rep Power
    21250
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    7.83%

    Quote Originally Posted by youngandfree View Post
    Your post doesn't make a lot of sense. The stance in the petition is that mandating citizens to buy healthcare is unconstitutional. Then you say you looked, and the constitution doesn't say anything about healthcare. And you are correct, the constitution doesn't say anything about healthcare. So if you agree that is true, what part don't you agree with? The part where the petition says that the constitution doesn't say anything about healthcare?

    I'm just confused about your response.
    I guess I was just implying that the constitution makes no mention about health care at all, not for it or against it and never has. Why is always labeled as "unconsitutional" when it doesn't even have anything to do with the constitution in the first place. No one goes around claiming that it is "unconstitutional" for marijuana being illegal, and no one made any connection between the consitution and the legalization of alcohol.

    The petition makes it sound that the constitution is the only group of laws that are in effect, when that is not the case. Abortion is mostly illegal, yet no one is saying that it is somehow "unconstitutional", same with things like marijuana and the like.

    I am just confused why people believe that, say healthcare does pass, that it will somehow be embed in the constitution.

    I mean, what if we do have ObamaCare for the next 50+ years. At what point do people expect it to no longer be "unconstitutional".

    What I am confused about is the literal connection between healthcare and the constitution, when neither has anything to do with each other. I don't really here people that are pro-ObamaCare claim that it says somewhere in the constitution that we are entitled to healthcare.

    Quote Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
    Must be a liberal..
    Not a liberal, just aware that not everything done by the Congress is automatically added to the constitution.
    Shredding (3/19/13): OxyElite Pro (Original Formula) + Compound 20
  8. New Member
    joedf's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    41
    Posts
    86
    Rep Power
    114
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    26.57%

    I don't think it's refering to the healthcare as being the problem. It's the fact that you have to purchase insurance from a private company...or get penalized.
  9. New Member
    noot's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Age
    25
    Posts
    340
    Rep Power
    21250
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    7.83%

    Quote Originally Posted by joedf View Post
    I don't think it's refering to the healthcare as being the problem. It's the fact that you have to purchase insurance from a private company...or get penalized.
    Don't we already have that with auto insurance. I don't really hear people complaining that paying for insurance rather than out of pocket for repairs is really a burden on their part.
    Shredding (3/19/13): OxyElite Pro (Original Formula) + Compound 20
  10. Professional Member
    southpaw23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,376
    Rep Power
    1387265
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    13.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by noot View Post
    Don't we already have that with auto insurance. I don't really hear people complaining that paying for insurance rather than out of pocket for repairs is really a burden on their part.
    Well played sir...well played.
  11. New Member
    joedf's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    41
    Posts
    86
    Rep Power
    114
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    26.57%

    Quote Originally Posted by noot View Post
    Don't we already have that with auto insurance. I don't really hear people complaining that paying for insurance rather than out of pocket for repairs is really a burden on their part.
    You have a choice if you drive a car or not. Most people don't have a say if they get sick. Of course lifestyle has some influence, but not always.

    Plus auto insurance companies compete for your business. I get thank you cards in the mail all the time. If I don't like their service or the way they treat me, I can always switch companies. Rates get to high? Switch companies. I give them the heads up when I send them a new client and they even send me a gift card.

    Health insurance goes up? Tough Titty. Rude operators? Tough. Health care is a business but for some reason they're not held accountable for good customer service like EVERY other company is.
  12. Senior Member
    youngandfree's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,285
    Rep Power
    2270
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    21.11%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by noot View Post
    Don't we already have that with auto insurance. I don't really hear people complaining that paying for insurance rather than out of pocket for repairs is really a burden on their part.
    No sir its not the same thing. If you don't have a car, you are NOT mandated to have auto insurance. And if you don't have a car, and therefore don't have auto insurance, the state doesn't penalize you with an extra TAX. In the Obamacare plan, if you don't have health insurance, the federal government and the IRS will hit you with an unfair penalty TAX. Never before has the federal government MANDATED an individual buy any product or service and if you didn't you would be hit with an additional penalty TAX. Therein lies the argument for the Unconstitutionality of the Obamacare bill ad it has passed.

    Now there are plenty of other confiscatory taxes built into the bill that are just absurd. Have you heard of th
  13. Senior Member
    youngandfree's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,285
    Rep Power
    2270
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    21.11%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Sorry. The 1099 provision says as a business, if you do more than $600 in business with ANY and ALL other companies you have to report it and send them a 1099. What the hell is the point of that other than tax the hell out of businesses. There are plenty of other ridiculous things in the bill, including cutting $500BILlION fro Medicare over the next 10 years. Oh wait, I thought the libs said that the Republicans want to take your Medicare. And for the record, Susan Collins and Olympia Snow don't count as Republicans.
  14. Professional Member
    southpaw23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,376
    Rep Power
    1387265
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    13.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Purchasing a car is a "choice" that carries certain risks, getting sick in many cases is not a choice, yet still brings along the same "risk" factors. People are getting caught up in words like "choice", when they should be focusing on the word "risk".
  15. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,473
    Rep Power
    997456
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    14.59%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by noot View Post
    I guess I was just implying that the constitution makes no mention about health care at all, not for it or against it and never has. Why is always labeled as "unconsitutional" when it doesn't even have anything to do with the constitution in the first place. No one goes around claiming that it is "unconstitutional" for marijuana being illegal, and no one made any connection between the consitution and the legalization of alcohol.

    The petition makes it sound that the constitution is the only group of laws that are in effect, when that is not the case. Abortion is mostly illegal, yet no one is saying that it is somehow "unconstitutional", same with things like marijuana and the like.

    I am just confused why people believe that, say healthcare does pass, that it will somehow be embed in the constitution.

    I mean, what if we do have ObamaCare for the next 50+ years. At what point do people expect it to no longer be "unconstitutional".

    What I am confused about is the literal connection between healthcare and the constitution, when neither has anything to do with each other. I don't really here people that are pro-ObamaCare claim that it says somewhere in the constitution that we are entitled to healthcare.

    Not a liberal, just aware that not everything done by the Congress is automatically added to the constitution.
    Actually you are complete wrong here.

    If you read the minutes of the constitution and the federalist papers you will realize that the Constitution is intended to be a discreet set of rules the federal government can govern over, and all other intentions are to be relegated to the state level. Therefore the overstepping of the federal government is encroaching upon states governmental rights... ie... unconstitutional.
    The Historic PES Legend
  16. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,473
    Rep Power
    997456
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    14.59%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    Purchasing a car is a "choice" that carries certain risks, getting sick in many cases is not a choice, yet still brings along the same "risk" factors. People are getting caught up in words like "choice", when they should be focusing on the word "risk".
    Ah, but even look inward to AM... look at the choices people are making that puts their own health at risk.

    I don't think a company should be forced to cover someone who chose to ingest **** like Boladrol.
    The Historic PES Legend
  17. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,473
    Rep Power
    997456
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    14.59%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Oh, and online petitions are shown to be useless. If you want to be part of a movement against this abomination, join Campaign 4 Liberty (Ron Pauls Org).
    The Historic PES Legend
  18. Professional Member
    southpaw23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,376
    Rep Power
    1387265
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    13.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Ah, but even look inward to AM... look at the choices people are making that puts their own health at risk.

    I don't think a company should be forced to cover someone who chose to ingest **** like Boladrol.
    I agree with you. It's personal to me, not because I take a liberal approach to every issue, but because I have a father who worked 30 years at a securities firm, did everything the right way and was laid off along with many others. Now what does that have to do with health care? He also happens to be a diabetic. At an age where he should be enjoying his life, he finds himself struggling between paying medication costs and actually enjoying his life, it's tough for a son to watch his father go through that. I understand that some people would prefer handouts over hard work. My father was never that type of person. I remember him working three jobs during my childhood, while putting himself through school. I think someone like him deserves a break and some much needed help for doing things the right way.
  19. New Member
    noot's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Age
    25
    Posts
    340
    Rep Power
    21250
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    7.83%

    What's difference between ObamaCare and National Health Care, like Canada and many European countries always brag about. Aren't they suppose to be the same?
    Shredding (3/19/13): OxyElite Pro (Original Formula) + Compound 20
  20. Senior Member
    youngandfree's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,285
    Rep Power
    2270
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    21.11%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    They are supposed to be siamilar. But that doesn't mean its good for the country. There is a reason wealthy Europeans and canadians come here for medical treatment.
  21. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27065
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.11%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
    I value liberty. Which means I am not tolerant to anyone against me or my countries well being.. Liberals, different religions, women(jk), illegals, and foreign ties..

    Long live God's country.. Lets get rid of this lying muck who calls himself a good Chirstian man..
    I dun' 'tink liberty means what choo 'tink it means, senor.
  22. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,456
    Rep Power
    1029940
    Level
    74
    Lv. Percent
    5.05%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
    I value liberty. Which means I am not tolerant to anyone against me or my countries well being.. Liberals, different religions, women(jk), illegals, and foreign ties..

    Long live God's country.. Lets get rid of this lying muck who calls himself a good Chirstian man..
    This thread like this comment is making me laugh
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  23. Diamond Member
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74319
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    43.23%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    1) Health-care needs to be reformed. - Bureaucrats need to form a commission made up of health-care professionals and businessmen to suggest PRIVATE SECTOR health coverage.

    2) There needs to be legislation immediately passed to allow insurance companies to sell health insurance plans across state lines.

    3) We need to stop paying for ER visits for illegal immigrants. If illegal immigrants are found (ab)using the ER, they must be deported. If they're suffering life-threatening illnesses that need immediate attention, they must be treated AND THEN deported. (I DO have a soul, contrary to popular belief)
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. muscle preservation
    By bigironkiller in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-21-2008, 04:40 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-08-2007, 06:46 AM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-03-2007, 03:42 PM
  4. Muscle Preservation
    By bulls**t in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-20-2006, 06:26 PM
  5. MR's IGF-1 LR3 preservation length
    By Tiltowait in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-10-2004, 02:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in