B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I live in Arizona.

Subject: The New Arizona Immigration Law

Before anyone comments, praises, or condemns the new immigration law in Arizona maybe they need to read it first. So many people in this country are quick to gripe and complain about our country (and its government) and the laws and policies that they implement but most citizens never bother to properly research the topics and find out what the laws really are. The lazy, uneducated and complacent people of this great nation would rather rely on our liberal left-wing media outlets to educate them.

People, wake up! Our media only wants you to be like sheep because they know most of you will believe anything and everything they want you to believe. Its time we take back our country and re-establish our Christian beliefs in which this great nation was created. Breaking the law is breaking the law, its that plain and simple. If you see a guy dealing drugs on the street corner of a school do you leave him alone for fear of violating his civil rights? Of course not. This law is no different. Remember, over 70% of Arizona citizens agreed with this law. Are we not a Democracy? Last time I checked the majority rules in this country. I personally am sick and tired of the majority giving in to the minority time and time again just so we don't risk the possibility that we may offend someone and hurt their precious feelings.

Please, read the bill first and then share your educated opinion with me. I would love to know each and everyone of your guys opinion on this topic. We have the great freedom of our Constitution and our Bill of Rights, lets enjoy them while their still in place. I have a bad feeling that in the very near future these freedoms are going to be taken away from us and one morning we will all wake up and say "What happened, this isn't right? Why didn't I do something about this when I had the chance?"

May God continue to bless this nation that has so defiantly turned its back on Him.

In His name,

Xxxxx Sxxxxxx

Attachments

airram479

Awards
  • Established
Ehh,i would be interested,but i don't wanna read through all of that.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
Its not that much different than federal law, just now state police are going to enforce it...god forbid. Damn immigration laws! They are always trying to enforce them and ****.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
alright i got through it and it pretty much said what i already knew just in more detail, detail is good though.

whether you agree with or disagree with this law doesn't matter, the point is this.....it's now a law that is being enforced and if you don't agree with it or think it's fair start walking due south till everyone speaks Spanish and you'll find your new home.

i hope this law is adopted by all states but especially southern ones.

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
alright i got through it and it pretty much said what i already knew just in more detail, detail is good though.

whether you agree with or disagree with this law doesn't matter, the point is this.....it's now a law that is being enforced and if you don't agree with it or think it's fair start walking due south till everyone speaks Spanish and you'll find your new home.

i hope this law is adopted by all states but especially southern ones.
Especially NY and CA.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
Especially NY and CA.
don't forget about Chi-Town, if we had that law we could empty entire blocks in the city here.

i just don't get it......if you're illegal then wtf did you expect.

and then you see all these pukes on TV talking about being free and accepting everyone here, WTF are you talking about? we will let you in but we have laws to determine that. since when are we a nation of if you don't like the laws it's ok not to abide by them?

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
don't forget about Chi-Town, if we had that law we could empty entire blocks in the city here.

i just don't get it......if you're illegal then wtf did you expect.

and then you see all these pukes on TV talking about being free and accepting everyone here, WTF are you talking about? we will let you in but we have laws to determine that. since when are we a nation of if you don't like the laws it's ok not to abide by them?
You don't need to tell me about clearing blocks. Here in NYC we could be clearing zip codes.

What really piss me off was when they play a race card. Really?! Come the FACK on now.

Vtaper

Awards
The media seems to have forgoten that "The Chosen One"(Obama) and Biden voted IN FAVOR of tougher immigration policies as a Senators in '07. Meh...Im sure any day now CBS, NBC and ABC and the cables are gonna run this:006:

AP reported (via LexisNexis, no link available, emphasis added):
June 7, 2007 Thursday 1:51 PM GMT

The 49-48 roll call by which the Senate passed an amendment to the proposed immigration overhaul that would end a temporary worker program after five years.
On this vote, a "yes" vote was a vote to end the program after five years and a "no" vote was a vote against adding this time limit to the program.

Dems who voted yes.
Baucus, Mont.; Bayh, Ind.; Biden, Del.; Bingaman, N.M.; Boxer, Calif.; Brown, Ohio; Byrd, W.Va.; Cardin, Md.; Casey, Pa.; Clinton, N.Y.; Conrad, N.D.; Dorgan, N.D.; Durbin, Ill.; Feingold, Wis.; Harkin, Iowa; Inouye, Hawaii; Klobuchar, Minn.; Kohl, Wis.; Landrieu, La.; Lautenberg, N.J.; Leahy, Vt.; Levin, Mich.; McCaskill, Mo.; Menendez, N.J.; Mikulski, Md.; Murray, Wash.; Nelson, Fla.; Nelson, Neb.; Obama, Ill.; Reed, R.I.; Reid, Nev.; Rockefeller, W.Va.; Schumer, N.Y.; Stabenow, Mich.; Tester, Mont.; Webb, Va.; Wyden, Ore.

Full article :http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2010/04/29/obama-helped-kill-immigration-reform-2007-will-media-remember

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
There's a group of "undocumented workers" marching to washington protesting this. I think they are marching from Florida. The state law enforcement should pick them all up and give them over to ICE.

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
I'm just ashamed that it wasn't my great ole state of Texas who proposed this first.... Now we are following suit with our own version of the law though...

Good going Arizona!

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
This law is a great step into the right direction...First time in a long time eh?

And it really shows the stupidity of people...Those who protest are either illegal immigrants(therefor law breakers, criminals even though not necessarily bad ones...) or people involved with them as well...as well as the special class of idiots who just want to fight because they are incapable of being productive.

Hell this will even help with some of the MS13 and other gang issues. Police will now have legit rights to simply take them out easier.

unc21

unc21

Awards
  • Established
First off let me say that I am totally for this law, and I am a resident of Arizona.

The only valid argument against this law, is legal residents that could potentially be racially profiled against. I do understand their argument on that venue, but I do know that special training is being done in this area for police officers so that they dont use 'uneccessary discretion.'

I am very interested to see how certain businesses in my area act towards this law, since they can now be penalized for having anyone on their payroll who is not a legal citizen....

n8te

n8te

Awards
  • Established
I am all for this law. NC needs to follow up.

I love how the people that are "educated" on tv and disagree with it and have no idea how the law works. they simply think that they can be forced to produce ID if the police want to ask you for it WRONG.

Last night I watched Carlos Mencia and Geraldo (both I don't care for) and Carlos kept cracking jokes on Ann Coulter(sp?) miss quoting the law the entire way. People are idiots if they think this is racial profiling. I'm not surprised with Carlos though, he can't even write funny jokes so he steals other comedian's jokes and now he can't construct a intelligent thought about why this law is "unlawful" so he just sits back and tries to make people laugh with his idiotic jokes on the subject.

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
Racial profiling!? please... the cops ask me for ID all the time. Guess that makes them guilty of racially profiling a cajun.

I have no problem with mexicans coming in and doing the jobs that all the lazy, I'm too good to do that kind of work, Americans don't want to do, just do it through the proper channels.

cgoode

cgoode

Awards
  • Established
Racial profiling!? please... the cops ask me for ID all the time. Guess that makes them guilty of racially profiling a cajun.

I have no problem with mexicans coming in and doing the jobs that all the lazy, I'm too good to do that kind of work, Americans don't want to do, just do it through the proper channels.
Agreed, I have no problem with them as long as the do it properly...I hate when ilegal aliens dont pay taxes and then expect rights/medical coverage... if ur over here ilegally quit complaining go home u shouldnt have any rights

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established

Well no one likes coonasses. :p

YouTube- Poo Poo Broussard - Cajun Titanic

No but seriously, illegals are a slap in the face to legal immigrants. Texas wasnt first to grant this since the mexicans who immigrate here have babies faster than rabbits and thus, they vote (democrat). The census in Texas will give the upper hand to republicans handily and this will be a big issue in Texas, and something similar will probably be passed.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It wont promote racial profiling any more the before the law was signed. That's just crap. Cops dont look at hispanics and think "I bet he's illegal." They look at hispanics that dont speak english and dont have a DL and think "I bet he is illegal." "Reasonable suspicion" has been around a long time and cops are familiar what it is.

I agree more states need a law like this cause he feds are afraid of enforcing this law.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This law doesn't affect me at all, and we have already established in other threads that I am on a different side of politics then most on these forums, so I will just say this:

I think you take for granted how much our country relies on illegal labor. But its all good, alot more for everything as long as they are gone right?

They toook our jerbs!

YouTube- south park-they took our jobs!!!

Derp. Derp.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
"Reasonable suspicion" has been around a long time and cops are familiar what it is.
I think you put to much faith into police. I am not mr. OMG **** THE POLICE YO. These men keep life in America livable, but to say that they don't let thier racial ideals play into thier job, some worse then others, is crazy.

Sam I Am

Sam I Am

Banned
Awards
I think you put to much faith into police. I am not mr. OMG **** THE POLICE YO. These men keep life in America livable, but to say that they don't let thier racial ideals play into thier job, some worse then others, is crazy.

Agreed. It's just like the movie, "Crash." That and (the old school), "Colors."

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
I think you take for granted how much our country relies on illegal labor. But its all good, alot more for everything as long as they are gone right
I guess that will be offset by the $$$ illegals cost us when they clog up hospital emergency departments for free healthcare.

timmmah

timmmah

Awards
  • Established
I guess that will be offset by the $$$ illegals cost us when they clog up hospital emergency departments for free healthcare.
98% of the fees incurred from the births of children to illegal aliens in Arizona last year was funded by the state ACCHS department.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
98% of the fees incurred from the births of children to illegal aliens in Arizona last year was funded by the state ACCHS department.
Source? I am sure it is high, but 98% seems a bit drastic. Even in states with limited population of illegal immigrants there are a bunch of child births on the state.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is not about Mexicans though, ironically, the Mexicans see to think they have a monopoly on it.

Illegal Immigrants.

The Mexican border is a freeway for illegal immigrants of all ethnicity.

timmmah

timmmah

Awards
  • Established
Source? I am sure it is high, but 98% seems a bit drastic. Even in states with limited population of illegal immigrants there are a bunch of child births on the state.
http://www.bordercounties.org/vertical/Sites/%7BB4A0F1FF-7823-4C95-8D7A-F5E400063C73%7D/uploads/%7BFAC57FA3-B310-4418-B2E7-B68A89976DC1%7D.PDF Here's a link to a site with data that states that 25% of all unpaid hospital costs are from Illegals less than 10% of the population is Illegals, that means an illegal is 2 and a half times more likely to not pay his hospital bill than a legal citizen

Sorry I can't find the site I saw with the Info on the births to illegals, but I will.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
If you have ever dealt with a poorer population, its not entirely unwarranted. Tellin it like it is.

Dont forget that all their children are now U.S. Citizens. Texas has tripled their budget percentage wise to pay for all the illegals and mexicans that cant afford healthcare, welfare, and other social programs in South Texas. But dammit, those people vote too, so its ok.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
a site with data that states that 25% of all unpaid hospital costs are from Illegals less than 10% of the population is Illegals.
So 75% of unpaid medical bills are from legal citizens? Seems like its an overall health care problem, which, I presume most of you are against any reform as well.

If you have ever dealt with a poorer population, its not entirely unwarranted. Tellin it like it is.
I have lived and will be moving back into the city of chicago in June, and not exactly the best area. So I have seen poverty, at a different level, but poverty non the less. But to think that its a poor thing is side swipping the point. This is a race thing, and always has been in America. It is the same reason why I am very likely to get off for a major crime as compared to a minority.

A white kid can shoot up a school and we blame video games. If an illegal did the same, it would be of national concern of how these "border jumpers" are destroying our country.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
I have lived and will be moving back into the city of chicago in June, and not exactly the best area. So I have seen poverty, at a different level, but poverty non the less. But to think that its a poor thing is side swipping the point. This is a race thing, and always has been in America. It is the same reason why I am very likely to get off for a major crime as compared to a minority.

A white kid can shoot up a school and we blame video games. If an illegal did the same, it would be of national concern of how these "border jumpers" are destroying our country.
Those two things are entirely unrelated. Its funny, last friday a deputy was shot by an illegal in Arizona. But **** it man, lets let everyone in. If you werent a moron, youd be aware of the violence and crime at the border, as well as the complete drain that illegals are. Secure the borders, enforce the laws, reward legal immigrants and stop slapping them in the face with talk of amnesty for those who chose to break the law. Keep working hard to make this into a race thing.

Tell you what, I think states should be allowed to put it to a vote and decide if they will become a new safe haven for the illegals here. All you sympathyzers will be shutting up very quickly.

Sam I Am

Sam I Am

Banned
Awards
To be honest with you all, it sickens me to know that jobs are being given to illegal immigrants over an American (no matter what race, background, etc). I have a guy that works for me that went through the proper channels to become a legal citizen of this Country. It was not easy, but he did it. He is proud to call himself an American, and detests those who enter illegally, as well as those who hurt our systems. Here's the funny part: he carries a SOCOM-II and protects the border now. It is part of my daily routine; keep illegals out.

gymaddict20

gymaddict20

Awards
  • Established
My solution to the border problem in AZ is simple! Land mines.....375 yards of land mines.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Those two things are entirely unrelated. Its funny, last friday a deputy was shot by an illegal in Arizona.
And 100s of cops have been killed by criminal legal citizens. This doesn't support the argument, and I will again refer to the white kids shooting up schools comparison. It is noted as proof based on his illegal status, however, if it was a legal citizen, it would have been just a sad story, instead its a "border jumper" problem.

But **** it man, lets let everyone in.
I never said this should be done, but to demand paperwork of anyone (*cough* those of color that fit the profile) for no reason (which they would be allowed to do) is a rights violation. My mom is a legal citizen after moving here from Italy previous to my birth, she does not walk around with her paperwork, and to demand it be shown on the spot would land her in jail.

If you werent a moron
Thanks for resorting to name calling, glad to know you are being a productive contributer to this debate.

youd be aware of the violence and crime at the border, as well as the complete drain that illegals are. Secure the borders, enforce the laws, reward legal immigrants
I understand the violence, I understand the drain. The problem is this a system that is systematically unamerican. If an illegal is arrested on unrelated charges, and is then proven illegal, send them off. But to have the ability to walk up to someone, who could be a citizen, and demand proof, is not the way to enforce this. Put stronger protection on the border, not those in the country.

and stop slapping them in the face with talk of amnesty for those who chose to break the law. Keep working hard to make this into a race thing.
I love how a site that has a very strong basis on the use of AAS, as well as many self professed users of AAS, in addition to talks of marijuana smoking (don't believe me - search it), or that promotes the use of prescription grade chemicals (SERMs) for non prescribed patients, can be so "Lets enforce the law" when it doesn't pertain to them. Any person here who has never broken a law raise your hand. The rest of you, off to jail. Since this thread originally started with a mention of a christian nation, or something to that extent (I am non religious btw), I think it goes something like "let he who has not sinned cast the first stone?" In the previously mentioned examples, these were for personal pleasure, now imagine if you had the option to break the law (non violently entering another country) to work a job that Americans are more then willing to hire you for, at minimum wage and are able to provide food for your child. Not all illegals are throat slashers.

Keep working hard to make this into a race thing.
...because I am sure a British immigrant who has outstayed his visa in Arizona is ****ting bricks....

Tell you what, I think states should be allowed to put it to a vote and decide if they will become a new safe haven for the illegals here. All you sympathyzers will be shutting up very quickly.
There are no safe havens for immigrants anywhere. It is illegal, and these people know it. However, our economy is built on thier labor. This strict enforcement also doesnt take into account many other factors, such as a concern of local police departments:

"He said the Arizona Immigration Law contributes to the division between the communities and can cause people, especially immigrants to stop reporting crimes."
Source

Now I don't agree with the tone of the following article, because it occured previous to the law actually being enforced, however, after getting passed (If I am correct - I may not be). However, this is what happens when a law like this is allowed. A citizen, with legal paperwork, ends up in jail. So much for no "big government," huh guys?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/richard-adams-blog/2010/apr/26/arizona-immigration-law-boycott

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As someone who is first generation in this country, this issue is very close to me. Besides being from NY ;)

At the end of the day, my father (along with millions of others before and after him) did it correctly. It was very important to him to become a citizen. He worked hard for it, and was quite proud of it. He became a citizen just prior to the major onset of Vietnam and was later drafted. He was proud (not thrilled however) about going in, but failed the physical.

The fact is, a tremendous amount of money is spent on illegal immigrants. If, however, they want to become citizens, I for one would welcome it. No one has the right to stop the citizenship process. They just HAVE TO DO IT!

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
I presume most of you are against any reform as well.
Don't presume or assume too much. A less biased (clouded) outlook toward the people you are communicating with makes for a more interesting and productive discussion.

I never said this should be done, but to demand paperwork of anyone (*cough* those of color that fit the profile) for no reason (which they would be allowed to do) is a rights violation. My mom is a legal citizen after moving here from Italy previous to my birth, she does not walk around with her paperwork, and to demand it be shown on the spot would land her in jail.
Have you read the bill? The officer has to check the person's status through U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement or U.S. Border Protection in compliance with U.S. Federal Law (Section 13-1509 B.). If you are a citizen, I don't think you will need to be caring "paperwork" in order to do that. I don't think the officers will be rounding up "brown" people and sorting them out later.

Help me understand how your civil rights are violated. The law requires "lawful contact" made by a law enforcement official. Is it a civil rights violation when an officer asks someone suspected of a crime for identification? I understand where you're going with that one, that officers will only profile certain people. That's happened before this law was passed and is not an immigration issue. Besides, I don't think law enforcement has the time or money to do citizenship checks on every Hispanic person that they see... Reasonable cause will need to be used for this to be successful.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't presume or assume too much. A less biased (clouded) outlook toward the people you are communicating with makes for a more interesting and productive discussion.
You are absolutely correct, and I apologize for generalizing.

... Reasonable cause will need to be used for this to be successful.
This is assuming cops follow the rules, do everything as they should, and have no personal racial tensions. But as my link pointed out, this isn't how it will play out. A man, provided a CDL license and his social security number, was still arrested because he did not provide enough. This man was a citizen, but was treated like an animal and thrown in a cell.

It's only a matter of time before a false accusation happens to someone with money. At that point, this will become a supreme court issue and will be cause a much further political debate.

Another issue that WILL arise out of all of this is the effect on local businesses. I feel this commenter/blogger states it pretty accurately:
http://trueslant.com/erikkain/2010/04/29/arizona-immigration-crackdown-will-hurt-arizona-businesses-more-than-any-boycott-ever-could/

I also give credit to the balls of the Pheonix suns, or shall I say the los suns:
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2010/05/04/20100504phoenix-suns-los-suns-jerseys.html

timmmah

timmmah

Awards
  • Established
So 75% of unpaid medical bills are from legal citizens? Seems like its an overall health care problem, which, I presume most of you are against any reform as well.
Let's say for example that there is $1billion in unpaid hospital bills for a year.
There are 4,000,000 people in Maricopa county
There are 400,000 Illegals in Maricopa county

of the 3,600,000 citizens, there is 750,000,000 in unpaid bills
that's an average of $208.00 a citizen in unpaid bills

of the 400,000 illegals, there is 250,000,000 in unpaid bills
that's an average of $625.00 an illegal in unpaid bills

Now if the Illegals had a median wage that of three times the citizen wage, their contribution(taxes,consumerism,donations,etc...) would sufficiently "shore up" the economy in AZ even though they don't do things like pay their hospital bills.
We both know an illegals median income is a fraction of a citizens median income.
This is only ONE example of how much it costs to have this "invaluable" labor source.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is only ONE example of how much it costs to have this "invaluable" labor source.
So we are just going to ignore how this low cost labor has a very dramatic role in our economy?

For example:
If manufacturing for farming equipment goes up, cost of harvesters goes up, cost of packaging/sorting goes up (this is assuming that the replaced role of illegals would be filled with minimum wage paid legals - we understand that illegals usually make under minimum wage), then we can easily expect the price of product to go up. Ms. Soccer Mom now has to spend more on produce to feed her family, which in turn means she is spending less on make up, toys for the children, and other commodities. Now those companies have to start laying people off, because their sales are going down. Now those former employees have less money to put back into the economy, causing a bad trickle effect.
This example shows only if illegals worked in the farming industry, which is untrue, they actually work throughout many different industries. So the effect would be 10 fold.

Oh, and yes, I am against socialism or universal health care. Same thing.
This is a discussion for a completely different thread. I was merely making a point, that the issues might not all be solved as easily as pointing at the illegals. It has been previously discussed on these forums, and I feel my opinion is an educated one on the subject. I am for a very powerful reform, and I am a current health insurance agent. But like I said, completely different thread.

timmmah

timmmah

Awards
  • Established
If you think that cheaper labor drives down the cost of food, you haven't taken economics at a high-school level.
The person working the cheapest gets the job,(that's usually the illegal) and the farmer sells his product for it's market value no matter what he pays for labor. The two really aren't related on the supply and demand curves.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you think that cheaper labor drives down the cost of food, you haven't taken economics at a high-school level.
The person working the cheapest gets the job,(that's usually the illegal) and the farmer sells his product for it's market value no matter what he pays for labor. The two really aren't related on the supply and demand curves.
You can think that I don't understand economics as much as I can state that you may not understand the application of economics in the real world. It's one thing to understand text book concepts, its another to know how it applies in the real world. As a preface, I have graduated with a degree in business, and based on the grades received in economics, considered at one point a minor in it. But thats besides the point.

In the example of farming, sure demand will require a certain cost. However, when the end product is forced, which it would be (and this is ignoring government subsidizing), to raise its price due to seeing an increase in cost in all matters related to creating the product, the company is placed into a bad situation. In most cases, many producing the goods will be forced to sell at a loss. This can only be sustained for so long before the product can no longer be considered profitable. This will cause many producing the goods (in this case crops) to simply leave the business. This is due to an economics term known as Profit Motive, which in name should be enough to explain how it works.

Now this means we have fewer producers left on the market, those who due to reserves are able to withstand the low/zero profitability for a longer duration. Demand has remained constant, but now supply has taken a hit. This in turn will begin to raise the cost of the product (I won't explain supply vs. demand, since you originally stated it). This leads perfectly into my situation demonstrated earlier.

Farming is a bad example, and was merely stated as a testament to the point as illegals work in many industries. The reason it is a bad example is due to being heavily government subsidized as well as having a large potential for import. Meaning if we can't produce the supply at the price demanded, then importation from countries that can offer lower wages to thier employees are iminenent. This too would cause an issue as now we are relying on other countries for even more, and with money leaving the country, our own economy becomes affected.

Now I am sure that a common retaliation to this scenario is that Americans that are unemployed will gladly pick up the work even if it is under minimum wage, or at the wage paid to the illegal. Not true. Although some at the extreme poverty level will be forced to take such an offer, a concept known as Reservation Wage exists. Reservation Wage, is the lowest wage for which a person is willing to work, and is in balance with skills they have aquired or thier level of education. Most people in the workforce are capable enough that thier Reservation wage is above that paid to an illegal immigrant. You might also consider the effects of unions. Many skilled legal immigrants, particularly in lower income positions, will at some point seek to form a union, something that illegals do not put any effort into. A union will attempt to hold the wage above the market clearing rate, which in turn raises the costs of production. For an example of this, consider why it is sometimes cheaper to purchase produce at your local ethnic grocery store as compared to a Chain grocery store (this will be more obvious to those in urban environments). The reason being that even though the chain has much greater buying power (able to purchase in bulk at a discount), they also pay thier employees a higher wage resulting in a raise in prices to the end user. The local ethnic grocery store, with no union wages established, is able to keep wages low allowing profitability at a lower sale price.

I can keep going if you would like, but I feel we are side swipping the point by getting into the specifics.

In the same way I earlier had wrongfully accused many I was talking to on thier political views (i.e. stance on reform), and did apologize for it, I would like to ask that you take no assumptions on the level of education I have, or how I apply it to my views.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
With 9.7% unemployment I'm fine with deporting all illegals country wide. Yes I'll pay more as long as they are gone even though that's not the way it will work out.
I work close with immigration in a state other than Arizona and they dont even want to talk to an illegal that has less than a felony offense. They are too busy with the felons and dont have the time to deal with a misdemeanor offense or less. These guys cover the whole state. 30% of the people in jails and prisons across the nation are illegal.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
the reason they get bye on a fraction of the median income is because they do not pay any taxes..and if they are given amnesty then they will immediatly be on our welfare system wich will cost our country billions of dollars and guess what......they still wont pay any taxes... we have to go to drastic extremes as a nation to correct this 800 lb gorrilla of a problem..and as a nation we got to stand up and demand that any immigrant that provides a service to us be a legal citizen...from cutting grass, to paving driveways, to cooking in restaurants and building homes.
If they were were paying taxes, they would need to pay minimum wage, which the employers that pay them would not be able to afford, since thier profitability would be dependent on the wages they are currently paying.

30% of the people in jails and prisons across the nation are illegal.
On Year 2000 numbers? This is a 2007 article, but unless there was a radical increase recently, I am sure the trend remained constant:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/30/business/30leonside.html

If you have a newer article, from a credible source, stating otherwise, I am all ears. I don't state that in disbelief to your statement, it's just not what i have read.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
http://www.wwaytv3.com/illegal_immigrants_putting_strain_on_prison_system/08/2008
"According to INS and FBI statistics from 2006, 29 percent of all the inmates in all state and federal prisons are illegal aliens." And this is just prison. Jails are have lots of illegals in them too. Besides. Statistics dont mean anything to you and wont change your mind. And with the quickness that liberals call everyone a racist, I'm feeling left out. I want to join that bandwagon. Being called a racists has totally lost its punch. I bet the KKK are pissed. The number of "racists" has skyrocketed but their Klan #'s has gone down...strange?