What happened to Cindy Sheehan and code pink?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.05%

What happened to Cindy Sheehan and code pink?

Nothing!

The former media stars and darlings of the DNC who gave ol' Donny Rumsfeld permanant nightmares and had their rallys constantly looped on the big 3 and cable news are being ignored despite the fact that they've been hard at work campaigning against Pelosi and protesting Obama from Cairo to Oslo and they're about to put up another "tent city" in Washington:

But where the hell is the main stream media coverage?

Sheehan would probably be on Dancing With The Stars if Bush were still in office but since the election of "The One", the media suddenly doesnt find them news worthy.

They are also recieving less donations and lower turnouts at their anti-war events ever since "Change Has Come To America" even though the war in Afghanastan has been escalated.

Maybe we can get the mods to sticky a thread where we can log all of the free passes the Obama Adm. and the left get from the media.

Sheehan turning attention to Obama, camping out at Washington Monument - TheHill.com

Official release: CODEPINK denounces Obama plan for Afghanistan|PINKtank

2. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.16%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Makes you think the mainstream media are biased. Oh I guess that's obvious.
  3. lutherblsstt

Quote Originally Posted by Vtaper View Post
    Nothing!

The former media stars and darlings of the DNC who gave ol' Donny Rumsfeld permanant nightmares and had their rallys constantly looped on the big 3 and cable news are being ignored despite the fact that they've been hard at work campaigning against Pelosi and protesting Obama from Cairo to Oslo and they're about to put up another "tent city" in Washington:

But where the hell is the main stream media coverage?

Sheehan would probably be on Dancing With The Stars if Bush were still in office but since the election of "The One", the media suddenly doesnt find them news worthy.

They are also recieving less donations and lower turnouts at their anti-war events ever since "Change Has Come To America" even though the war in Afghanastan has been escalated.

Maybe we can get the mods to sticky a thread where we can log all of the free passes the Obama Adm. and the left get from the media.

Sheehan turning attention to Obama, camping out at Washington Monument - TheHill.com

Official release: CODEPINK denounces Obama plan for Afghanistan|PINKtank
    Peace activist Cindy Sheehan discusses the start of the Peace of the Action civil resistance against war and empire in Washington, DC, the scarcity of both peace activists who are willing to challenge a Democratic president and pro-war hecklers who demand obedience to “Commander in Chief” Obama, the circumstances around Casey Sheehan’s death in Iraq in 2004 and how substituting the word “hero” for “victim” redirects blame from the US government to the enemy du jour.

http://scotthorton.org/radio/10_03_18_sheehan.mp3
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.97%

Quote Originally Posted by lutherblsstt View Post
    Peace activist Cindy Sheehan discusses the start of the Peace of the Action civil resistance against war and empire in Washington, DC, the scarcity of both peace activists who are willing to challenge a Democratic president and pro-war hecklers who demand obedience to “Commander in Chief” Obama, the circumstances around Casey Sheehan’s death in Iraq in 2004 and how substituting the word “hero” for “victim” redirects blame from the US government to the enemy du jour.

http://scotthorton.org/radio/10_03_18_sheehan.mp3
    I don't think she's a peace activist. I think she's a tragic figure that became unhinged with the death of her son and was exploited for political reasons.
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  253 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.57%

Quote Originally Posted by dave12 View Post
    I don't think she's a peace activist. I think she's a tragic figure that became unhinged with the death of her son and was exploited for political reasons.
    +1. You're absolutely right. Politicians have a way of exploiting people then tossing them by the wayside when they're not needed anymore. Once she opposed 'The Chosen One' then the Dems turned their backs on her and so did the media.
    -- JB \m/
    "There is no point in being alive if you cannot do the deadlift." - Jon Pall Sigmarsson
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.25%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I ate her.

Sowy.
  7. lutherblsstt

She became an activist,not "unhinged",to me coming unhinged is going on a shooting spree. No matter what the catalyst was she is definitely a peace activist now.

She does a great interview here:

"Peace activist Cindy Sheehan discusses plans for continuous civil disobedience in Washington D.C. until the Iraq and Afghanistan wars end, lessons learned from the Pittsburgh G-20 protests, how Obama’s Nobel Peace Prize was awarded soon after he refused to meet with peace groups and why much of the Left can’t wrap their heads around a pro-war Democratic Party."

http://dissentradio.com/radio/09_10_16_sheehan.mp3
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.97%

She became an activist,not "unhinged",to me coming unhinged is going on a shooting spree.

http://dissentradio.com/radio/09_10_16_sheehan.mp3
    You are severely restricting the meaning of unhinged to fit your perspective. One would assume a peace activist would concentrate on getting the catalyst to quit the field, not the reactive force.
  9. lutherblsstt

You are severely restricting the meaning of unhinged to fit your perspective. One would assume a peace activist would concentrate on getting the catalyst to quit the field, not the reactive force.
    No I'm not,I'm telling you what it means to me,you choose to read more into that than is there.

Listen to the interview to understand why I call her that.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.97%

No I'm not,I'm telling you what it means to me,you choose to read more into that than is there.

Listen to the interview to understand why I call her that.
    Semantics, you are applying a meaning to a word clearly outside of my intended and correct usage.
  11. lutherblsstt

Semantics, you are applying a meaning to a word clearly outside of my intended and correct usage.

Clearly? How did I know beforehand that that was not your intended usage? To state that your definition is the "correct" one is amusing.
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.97%

Clearly? How did I know beforehand that that was not your intended usage? To state that your definition is the "correct" one is amusing.
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/unhinged

Not one mention of shooting sprees or violence, as a transitive verb or as an adjective.
  13. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.43%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I thought USPLabs bought her and bottled her essence for their new product, Pink Magic.

But yes, the media blows.

Similar Forum Threads

1. D'z in tha Pink!! Pink Magic Log Sponsored
    By dmillz224 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-20-2010, 04:47 PM
  2. Cindy Crawford Still Hot At 41 ???
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-05-2007, 11:38 AM
  3. Cindy Phillips
    By Jayhawkk in forum General Chat