So my live-in girlfriend's older sister came home for Christmas... - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

So my live-in girlfriend's older sister came home for Christmas...

Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    Lol, easy, I used to be a hiring mngr, people ask those q, though it is against policy to do so. They noticed something of my attire and they asked me so I told them, wtf? was I going to lie, hell no! The truth would have come out in a few weeks anyway.
    So you wore a visible religious item/piece of clothing and are surprised you weren't hired? I wouldn't have hired you either, regardless of what the item is, as that is an unprofessional way to dress for an interview. Watch, wedding ring and college ring are all that is acceptable for an interview jewelery wise if it happened to be a chain.

"the truth would have come out in a few weeks anyway" is ridiculous, I've worked at places as long as 5 years with nobody knowing about my religious choices. Thats what being a professional is, separating your personal feelings from your job.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far

2. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Yeah but when's the last time you seen a GP recommend exercise without also trying this new expensive drug on the side? 3yrs ago my gp tried to do that and I was like hell no, I don't need those meds I can get my choles under control. he said I couldn't without drugs, ok? my choles is as low as it has been it 8 yrs.
    Everyone can't be like you and I, Easy. Then when you have an "authority" figure pushing "take this magic pill" people's actions get skewed severely. You agree? Those docs aren't innocent in all of this either you know.
    I've seen it every time. the doctor first recommends changing diet + exercise, and if the person says I can't or don't have time, or says they'll try and comes back the same on a retest 3 months later the doctor writes the prescription. Unless your cholesterol was so far skewed that the doctor felt there would be no way to bring it to normal in a reasonable amount of time by diet + exercise alone, I can't imagine them starting at the prescription. Heck, even when my first blood tests came back with low testosterone, the doctor wanted to try me on diet changes and exercise first.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bigrobbierob View Post

When in a place where certain things shouldn't be surprising, then don't be surprised when certain things happen.
    Did you see an emocon which I posted that signified that I was surprised?
    Let us say disappointed and disgusted.
    You're not the type to just "go with the flow" are you? This is how you are coming off. I mean, just fron what you type. Sterotypical maybe, but if a man holds a gun to my head then I'm going to assume he's a killer or potentially one.
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Easy, I have never in my life met a doctor that only suggested exercise and no probability for medications in the future. When I typed "on the sdie", I didn't mean immediately, I am on my phone so my character length is not as much as on the computer. That was for "space saving" sakes.. You have said it yourself, doctors (many of them) are in it for the money.
    Every time you turn around a doc is trying to stick a pill in someone's mouth. It's the way. You have said it many times that docs like to treat symptoms and not the cause ...
    As far as the religious situation, no I didn't wear a chain, lmao.
    And yes, it would have come out eventually. You have no idea what line I was in so you cannot truthfully say it could have stayed a secret. The first time my direct mngr would have come to my house for work reasons which happens often for others, it would have been blatantly clear.
    Policy stated they did not discriminate against race, sex, or religion. Now, I am not an idiot here. I worked as a hiring mngr and I know how easy it is to lie to someone and make up a reason for not hiring someone. I was told to do so before but I didn't. This isn't my character. I believe in fairness.

Are you in denial of prejudice happenings around this country? I am asking do you say that it doesn't exist anymore? I have friends that say racism doesn't exist anymore because people don't go around beating up whites, calling them honky and hanging blacks...unreal.
  5. Board Sponsor
    Answers

Easy, I have never in my life met a doctor that only suggested exercise and no probability for medications in the future. When I typed "on the sdie", I didn't mean immediately, I am on my phone so my character length is not as much as on the computer. That was for "space saving" sakes.. You have said it yourself, doctors (many of them) are in it for the money.
    Every time you turn around a doc is trying to stick a pill in someone's mouth. It's the way. You have said it many times that docs like to treat symptoms and not the cause ...
    I disagree. I had issues with cholesterol, first thing was diet and exercise... she didnt even seem concerned and had full faith it would right itself with upping my cardio. Didnt even worry about a retest for months, and low and behold, she was right. Didnt even mention meds.

Same thing with BP, my family has a genetic history with high BP, and I was borderline. It wasnt for a few visits that she put me on a very low dose diuretic that keeps me in check.

And I know someone that went through the Test thing as well and gave it a few visits before discussing prescriptions.

I don't know if you are leaned on with liberal talking points, but I have yet to meet a doctor that is all about throwing pills down your throat. I have a few docs in the family and they have quite an aversion to pills if they can treat in other ways.
    The Historic PES Legend
  6. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

I've never in my life met a doctor who didn't suggest exercise and diet changes first. Of course they don't leave "no probability for medications" as they have to treat reality. So if the patient refuses to or for some reason can't make the changes to diet and exercise the doctor still needs to treat them.

And still my point stands that unless you are applying for a job at a religious institution you shouldn't wear anything that denotes religious context at an interview. Not sure what sort of job it was that they would come to your house, but even so if they found out then it was after you are already hired.

Prejudice happens and always will happen. Prejudice is any preconceived opinion or feeling, either favorable or unfavorable. People will always have preconceptions, some true, some false, some favorable, some unfavorable. Do you make friends by quota system? Are the people you have at your hourse for a BBQ chosen to make sure their % makeup matches the local census? No. When a hiring manager gets 400 applications for 1 position, he has to use "prejudice" to remove 380-390 of them so that he only has to interview 10-20. Then he is going to use prejudice again as he's interviewing to think about from what he manages to tell in the span of the interview how he thinks the person will fit into the environment, and how he'll perform in the future to clip the list down to 3 or so for final interview. I wouldn't even want that to change, much less think it should.
    This space for rent

7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Just for the record, E, there is/was a gigantic board and in the employee code book which read "we will make every reasonable attempt to support your relifious beliefs".

They, themselves (corporate office), said it was being in direct violation of a stated public policy. The company called me back and offered me the job (after being choked by their corp) but I declined.
  8. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Well, I still think that unless its a religious institution you are applying at, that its unprofessional to dress in a WWJD t-shirt or whatever it was

But like i said its sort of odd, as with myself i've had **** I dunno, 15-20 jobs since I turned 18? and not in one did my religious beliefs ever come up.
    This space for rent

9. Senior Member
    Answers

hardknock, are you black?
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    hardknock, are you black?
    not completely, no. A small portion yes
  11. CDB
    Answers

not completely, no. A small portion yes
    This could be taken so many different ways.
  12. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Well, I still think that unless its a religious institution you are applying at, that its unprofessional to dress in a WWJD t-shirt or whatever it was

But like i said its sort of odd, as with myself i've had **** I dunno, 15-20 jobs since I turned 18? and not in one did my religious beliefs ever come up.
    You have had 20 jobs since you turned 18, and you are now 42????

It goes to show you how our situations are black and white. For me it seems inconceivable to have 20 jobs in that period of time. I, myself, since 16, have had 6, not including working in my pops construction business for a year at 16. I suppose for you, my situation where religion always comes up is just as surprising as for me about your number of jobs.

Perhaps that is a norm? I do not know about it if it is. I figured 8-9 would be a max unless we are talking with a temp service?

But, it's odd that your religious beliefs have never come up. The last place I was working at, me and this girl of Jewish religion argued at least 3-4 times a week about religion. At my current job, it comes up at least 5 times a day due to the fact that we provide service to a church with one of the largest denominations in the South East, Frazier Memorial Methodist in Montgomery Alabama. So, these types of discussions and differences of opinion spur every day from where I work. I get at least, AT LEAST, 5 people a day approaching me with some card or book, pamphlet, and how their version of religion is the supreme. I guess being in the heart of the bible belt promotes these types of situations also.
    ---The destruction of my enemies is to make them my friends---
  13. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

I'd have to really go through and do the math to figure out the # of jobs for sure. Ive had 8 since 2000 anyhow. Its the way the tech field works so far as I can tell, someone staying anywhere a long time is relatively rare. For a large part of it, its because you master the skills in use/needed in that company, and start to get bored I think. Of all those jobs, none were layoffs. one was a company closing though. Each of the others were my choice to leave.
    This space for rent

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Merry Christmas to my Home on the Internet!
    By Guest in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-26-2009, 11:11 AM
  2. Helping My Sister
    By Zombie Inc in forum Female Fitness
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-06-2009, 01:27 AM
  3. did my sister just get ripped off
    By Brolic in forum Supplements
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-16-2008, 12:04 AM
  4. Where did sister Supreme go?