Can't wait till she runs for office.

Democrats will win again :)

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't think this is why. I think any advisor would have told her to stay in office, I wouldn't be surprised to see something come out of the closet so to speak.

roids1

roids1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Werd! Possible marital problems comes to mind. Maybe Mr. Sarah Palin isn't happy in ther marriage anymore or maybe HE has come outta the clost. Never know! Or, maybe just stress.

Can't wait till she runs for office.

Democrats will win again
Yeah, might as well give them another shot at bankrupting the country.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Some serious **** is gonna go down and she's doing some damage control.

Future

I do think she learned the hard way about ugly politics. As much as she took alot of heat she made herself a target. Many times alleging Obama was a terrorist etc along with some other character attacks against him. And I think she is lying about people making fun of her mentally retarded son. I havent heard anything about that.

JDK5386

Palin Quits as Alaska Governor - Political News - FOXNews.com

WTF!!!! If she thinks this is how she's gonna launch a presidential campaign, it's a huge mistake IMO. Giving up and quitting after 2.5 years as gub'na isn't going to bode well with most voters IMO. She's just giving ammunition to her opponents this way.
Totally talking out of my ass here, but I think she caved under the negative media pressure she's been under lately.

We had Dave Letterman make a moderately inappropriate joke about her and her daughters, she responded in a crazy way, she got trolled very effectively by Matt Lauer on national TV, and then there were the low-brow jokes about her MR kid. I think she caved under the pressure.

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Everyone (the media, us, etc) needs to stop giving her so much attention. It's a foregone conclusion that if she mounts a presidential run in 2012, it will fail. Perhaps if she's eyeing 2016 or 2020 (she's young enough to) then she's got some time to make mistakes, gain experience, rebuild her image and give it a shot.

Although none of us would know her name or even think it feasible that she considers a run if McCain didn't throw the ultimate of hail mary's by selecting her as his running mate last year....which was not based on merit, intelligence, political skill or the best interests of the country. Just pure BS.

roids1

roids1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I really never understood why some people seem to hate her so much. Seriously, what did she ever do to earn it? I suppose, in a petty sort of way, I can see why the far left hates her. She's a female, a conservative, (until now) very successful in her political career. She's pro-life, pro 2nd amendment, family oriented, and if that weren't enough to anger the left, she's also extremely hot.

Being a conservative female or a minority, with everything she has going for her, is generally seen by the far left as somewhat of a provocation. Look at Clearance Thomas. First AA US Supreme Court Justice and the most unknown historical figure in the country.

I also wouldn't call Letterman's jokes about her 14yo daughter moderately innappropriate. Classless and perverted would be a more appropriate description, especially considering they were from a 62yo mand directed at a 14yo girl. As much as the left hated Bush, you never heard insults like that about his daughters. I can't even begin to imagine the outrage we'd see in the media if anyone made similar moderately innappropriate jokes about the Obama girls.

keeper

I really never understood why some people seem to hate her so much. Seriously, what did she ever do to earn it? I suppose, in a petty sort of way, I can see why the far left hates her. She's a female, a conservative, (until now) very successful in her political career. She's pro-life, pro 2nd amendment, family oriented, and if that weren't enough to anger the left, she's also extremely hot.

Being a conservative female or a minority, with everything she has going for her, is generally seen by the far left as somewhat of a provocation. Look at Clearance Thomas. First AA US Supreme Court Justice and the most unknown historical figure in the country.

I also wouldn't call Letterman's jokes about her 14yo daughter moderately innappropriate. Classless and perverted would be a more appropriate description, especially considering they were from a 62yo mand directed at a 14yo girl. As much as the left hated Bush, you never heard insults like that about his daughters. I can't even begin to imagine the outrage we'd see in the media if anyone made similar moderately innappropriate jokes about the Obama girls.
The main thing of significance that I noted against her was her lack of knowledge of major national and world issues/policies. She bombed in sit-down interviews, including the one with Katie Couric where we got the blank stare in answer to several questions regarding her agreement or disagreement Bush's stance on specific major foreign policies. She let me DOWN there. I'd been very supportive of her til then. Her presentation of severe lack on critical fundamentals killed me. I credit her with McCain's defeat. Dumb choice of running mates. She freely handed large ammo to the media and those such as Letterman, Tina Fey, etc...

She is a beautiful package for sure, but the space between those lovely little ears is lacking pertinent data. I'm intrigued by y'all's take on her reason for stepping down. I don't wish her or her family any hardship, but for the sake of our country's big picture, I'd rather it be that than the rumor bouncing around CNN yesterday... that she's being prepped as the next GOP presidential candidate. I nearly fainted when I heard that.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I do think she became fodder for the media, however a lot of it she brought upon herself. She sounded ridiculously foolish in many of her interviews and in fact, while trying to seem like "the every day woman", she seemed to get lost in that.

However, anything relating to her family should have been off limits. Regarding the Letterman issue, I am not certain it was ever discussed for certain that he addressed the younger or older daughter. However, it was inappropriate regardless.

Regarding Clarence Thomas, he was not the first AA justice, just an fyi, it was Thurgood Marshall

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Oh man...I just realized something. As much as we'd all be happy to just see her go away (and I got my hopes up when she announced her resignation) she will probably re-emerge within a year with her own talk show. I fear we'll never be rid of her. Oh well...decent eye candy.

Bering C

Bering C

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Stand by for the other shoe to drop, the talk up here in The AK is along the damage control path.

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
Interesting. I would also like to add I would **** the living **** out of her.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
The main thing of significance that I noted against her was her lack of knowledge of major national and world issues/policies. She bombed in sit-down interviews, including the one with Katie Couric where we got the blank stare in answer to several questions regarding her agreement or disagreement Bush's stance on specific major foreign policies. She let me DOWN there. I'd been very supportive of her til then. Her presentation of severe lack on critical fundamentals killed me. I credit her with McCain's defeat. Dumb choice of running mates. She freely handed large ammo to the media and those such as Letterman, Tina Fey, etc...

She is a beautiful package for sure, but the space between those lovely little ears is lacking pertinent data. I'm intrigued by y'all's take on her reason for stepping down. I don't wish her or her family any hardship, but for the sake of our country's big picture, I'd rather it be that than the rumor bouncing around CNN yesterday... that she's being prepped as the next GOP presidential candidate. I nearly fainted when I heard that.
She just wasnt prepped as well as other canidates conditioned to the national scene/larger statewide scene of politics. Believe me when I tell you, the only difference between her and someone else is shes a bit too open and honest and doesnt pretend to be someone else well enough. Politicians are some of the most average people who just did anything to get ahead in life.

As would I.

roids1

roids1

Banned
Awards
  • Established

I agree that she was a poor choice for VP. McCain made a major mistake there. She was simply not informed on a lot of very important issues, particularly relating to foreign policy and it was obvious in her interviews. I can certainly understand and appreciate some of the satiring of her silly answers, such as "I can see Russia from my house." But, the left seems to have an inordinant hate for her for some bizzare reason. Sometimes, even more so than GWB. That's the part that I don't understand.

I don't think she has a prayer of getting the GOP nomination after this, not that she did anyway. Things are looking good for my boy Mitt right now. Although a lot can happen over the next few years. Another empty suit could always emerge on the scene and steal the show.

keeper

She just wasnt prepped as well as other canidates conditioned to the national scene/larger statewide scene of politics. Believe me when I tell you, the only difference between her and someone else is shes a bit too open and honest and doesnt pretend to be someone else well enough. Politicians are some of the most average people who just did anything to get ahead in life.
I know a bit of what you speak. My brother-in-law is a current state representative. But good grief, she's been in the political game long enough to at least fake the rhetoric. She just gave the "um... what's that again???" look more times than not. Katie Couric was trying to help her get a clue throughout the interview and commented later that she did her best to help Palin represent herself better. Anderson Cooper made a similar comment following what he termed "an attempted hour long interview" with the lovely vp candidate. But yes, I agree with you guys about her beauty. She's exceptional.

This morning CNN reported that yesterday, Palin posted on her blog that she "has a higher calling."

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Were you born with a mental defect or did your mom drop you on your head...a lot?

I don't know where you think you are but this kind of talk doesn't fly around here. Please end it now.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This morning CNN reported that yesterday, Palin posted on her blog that she "has a higher calling."
There are much greater, worthwhile and influential things to aspire to than politics.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am curious what her calling is. As long as she is away from the white house, good luck to her

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would certainly agree she is not White House material.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
which is perfectly fine, and I wish her luck with whatever she does. Just glad to see her going in another direction. I will say this, the idea that she was the future of the party was frightening.

roids1

roids1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
She never was the future of the party. There's certainly no leadership in the party right now. Bobby Jindal seems to have some potential.

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Something tells me that toiling away in some under-the-radar humanitarian capacity is not in her future. Whatever this "higher calling" is, I'll bet it will be somewhere near a spotlight.

Oh well, I'm sure God has a plan for her. Everything happens for a reason, yada yada yada.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
She never was the future of the party. There's certainly no leadership in the party right now. Bobby Jindal seems to have some potential.
To be honest I think eric cantor might have a future if he can get more national exposure.

keeper

I would certainly agree she is not White House material.
White House material... only in her own mind. I know that many key people, (both state and federal) in leadership positions depend on their advisers, but there comes a time in most every administration that a leader has to be quick on his/her feet.

I've wondered if perhaps her "higher calling" has to do with making her family more of a priority. As in possible problems or issues at home that she can't attend while being the busy governor.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established

She cant be much worse then that genius, GWB. I mean really, they are just puppets anyway........

However, the gift of gab is a vital necessity in politics. Even if it is all BS.

mullet for prez?

keeper

She cant be much worse then that genius, GWB. I mean really, they are just puppets anyway........

However, the gift of gab is a vital necessity in politics. Even if it is all BS.
Good point about GWB. But most can fake it a little better than Palin managed.

I don't mean to come off like a know-it-all in my statements. But for me as a woman, I had some hope that Palin could rep the female camp well before the nation. She SO blew the opportunity. Hilary comes off too brash and Palin came off a lovely ditz, so.... Oh, well. :sad3:

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Good point about GWB. But most can fake it a little better than Palin managed.

I don't mean to come off like a know-it-all in my statements. But for me as a woman, I had some hope that Palin could rep the female camp well before the nation. She SO blew the opportunity. Hilary comes off too brash and Palin came off a lovely ditz, so.... Oh, well. :sad3:
well put.

The McCain/Palin ticket was dead in the water from the word go.........

Its like they planned to failed, IMO.

roids1

roids1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
McCain never really had much of a chance. Bush basically blew the possibility of any republican having much of a chance to win in 2008. Personally, I think that's why Romney dropped out so early. Of any candidate, I believe he has the most experience in both the public and private sectors. When the economy is in the state that it's in, it would be good to have someone with some real world executive experience and success. That IMO is much more valuable than being a charismatic pretty boy or having spent time as a POW.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was hopeful that McCain was going to choose Romney as his runningmate and served his 4 years and hand selected Romney. I think his business experience is a great asset that few have.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
The next presidential election is going to be weird, if current trends continue. We'll basically have Obama, having screwed up majorly with nothing to show for himself, against some anonymous Republican with nothing to show him/her self either except maybe a nice local career. Third parties would be interesting, but there's no way in hell the media will give them any serious attention.

Specifically with the Republicans I think they're major problem is that their leadership and pundits have gone massively NeoCon when a good portion of their party, perhaps a majority, and a **** load of swing voters and independents would cream themselves for a traditional Republican more along the lines of Goldwater, Taft, or even Reagan. Someone with a hint of genuine old right credit. Ron Paul would be a sane choice, but the media and party leadership are too hell bent on excluding him because he's a libertarian in action if not name, and no special interest in the world would back him because he's too much of a threat to any and every cabal in DC. There is however no slightly more moderate alternative right now in their party. If someone would come in and leave major changes alone but just draw in the spending relative to tax intake and start exercising a little prudence on the budget he'd be a massive success.

As for Palin, it's not like this is the Republican's first attempt to get a unqualified woman into office. Remember Elizabeth Dole? But this got me to thinking, what are the qualifications for holding public office? For me I'd want someone to have a good understanding of the structure of government and its basic functions, and a good knowledge of economics, domestic and foreign policy. Almost every single person holding office right now would fail that basic test somehow. Beyond that test ideology is the only thing I care about. But, I think quibbling over who is and is nto qualified distracts us from the real question: who selects the pool of candidates? How the **** did George W. Bush, Jimmy Carter, Sarah Palin, or Elizabeth Dole ever even get close to the presidency, much less attain it in the first two instances? I've been looking for a book on this subject for the last couple of weeks, haven't really found anything.

Anyway, Palin got me more into this and I'm seriously curious how the pool of supposedly elligible candidates gets selected and put before the electorate. What's more, how does one come out on top? Because it doesn't seem to be linked to anything resembling competence or qualification.

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
Were you born with a mental defect or did your mom drop you on your head...a lot?

I don't know where you think you are but this kind of talk doesn't fly around here. Please end it now.
I am just going to stay out of the general conversation forum. Seems whenever I make a post regarding my heterosexuality I get in trouble. I apologize. I thought the censoring of the words would be ok. If you look at my other contributions over the last 6 years on this and other BB boards I am actually intelligent and not someone that has the IQ of a person with a mental defect or that had been dropped on his head.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
If you look at my other contributions over the last 6 years on this and other BB boards I am actually intelligent and not someone that has the IQ of a person with a mental defect or that had been dropped on his head.
:toofunny:

I have no idea whether or not this is true, but that's just pure freaking gold.

roids1

roids1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am actually intelligent and not someone that has the IQ of a person with a mental defect or that had been dropped on his head.

Whew!! Until you cleared this up, I was starting to get the idea that you might not be all that bright. :rofl:

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am just going to stay out of the general conversation forum. Seems whenever I make a post regarding my heterosexuality I get in trouble. I apologize. I thought the censoring of the words would be ok. If you look at my other contributions over the last 6 years on this and other BB boards I am actually intelligent and not someone that has the IQ of a person with a mental defect or that had been dropped on his head.
No. I am sorry. I have grown to expect that grown men know how to conduct themselves in public places without resorting to immature vulgar and graphic displays.

Please don't lump the rest of us males in this heterosexual group that behaves this way. It is not a heterosexual thing. Really, it is not.

Rising above your conditioned behaviors might actually allow your intelligence to show through. Your choice. Do as you will.

roids1

roids1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey, did you all hear that Sarah Palin quit as governor?

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey, did you all hear that Sarah Palin quit as governor?
Yeah...apparently it's just like when Barack Obama left his Senate seat.

.....except for the whole "becoming President" thing.

roids1

roids1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well, Barry didn't officially quit until he got elected pres. Prior to that, he just quit showing up, like they all do when running for another office.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
More like they all do while sitting in office... they only show up for re-election

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Word. In the end, 98% of politicians are in the business for one thing only: to get re-elected.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Since most of them are already rich I can only assume it's for the 'power'. Hell, I want a job where I can vote my own pay raise.

roids1

roids1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Since most of them are already rich I can only assume it's for the 'power'. Hell, I want a job where I can vote my own pay raise.
That's what kills me about some of the dems who talk about going after the rich and taking on the big corporations. I mean, they are the effin rich and they're in bed with the big corps just as much as any repubs. They fly around in private jets, live in giant homes guzzling energy like it ain't nobody's bidness. They go on state visits that should only take a day or two, yet make a stop at their favorite vacation spots for a week at taxpayers' expense. Then those same *******s lecture us about driving less, changing our lightbulbs, and cutting back on our heating/AC. Fukkin hypocrites! All of'em!

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Consider: who else spends millions to get a job whose salary is only in the tens of thousands to just breaking into six figures? What these people spend to attain office vs what they are 'paid' gives you some idea of how much value theo office itself is.

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Pullin' a Palin

Pullin' a Palin

1. Quitting when the going gets tough; abandoning the responsibility entrusted to you by your neighbors for book advances and to make money on the lecture circuit.

2. Bizarre move that will damn ambitions for higher office.

I bet when people saw Jade they were convinced that David Caruso was pullin' a Palin.

:toofunny: :lol: :toofunny: :lol: :toofunny: :lol: :toofunny: :lol: :toofunny: :lol: :toofunny: :lol:

roids1

roids1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You know you'd still hit it!

I know you're loving it. But, I still wonder if we'll end up hearing about Barry tapping someone else before his first 4 years are up. You know the opportunity will be there. Will he cave in? This rock star status is still very new for him.