Worst Terror War Ever

  1. Registered User
    lutherblsstt's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    760
    Rep Power
    0

    Worst Terror War Ever


    Michael Scheuer, former chief of the CIA’s bin Laden unit and author of Marching Toward Hell: America and Islam After Iraq, discusses the government’s reliance on CIA covert action instead of conventional military force to protect the U.S., how the Congress and President fail to take meaningful action because they seek the adulation of the media and Europe, the wisdom in leaving Afghanistan ASAP and how Americans won’t realize their government isn’t protecting them until Osama bin Laden attacks again.

    http://dissentradio.com/radio/09_07_01_scheuer.mp3

    Michael Scheuer is a 22-year veteran of the CIA and the author of Through Our Enemies Eyes: Osama bin Laden, Radical Islam, and the Future of America, Marching Toward Hell: America and Islam After Iraq and Imperial Hubris: Why the West Is Losing the War on Terror.

  2. Banned
    roids1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Changchun, China
    Posts
    1,394
    Rep Power
    0

    Come on. Everyone knows it was Israel who attacked us on 9/11 just so we'd launch a war against it's arab neighbors. I don't know why you keep soaking up all this propaganda the media is feeding us.
  3. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    poison's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,904
    Rep Power
    37729

    I don't have time to listen to that, but I'd be interested in reading his books. Apparently he contradicts himself pretty regularly, and he was an analyst, not a field agent, but whatever.

    I know why you like him, luther. He dislikes Israel. Don't worry, I'll keep your little secret.
    •   
       

  4. Banned
    roids1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Changchun, China
    Posts
    1,394
    Rep Power
    0

    One thing about luther is he makes for some good target practice.
  5. Registered User
    lutherblsstt's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    760
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    I don't have time to listen to that, but I'd be interested in reading his books. Apparently he contradicts himself pretty regularly, and he was an analyst, not a field agent, but whatever.

    I know why you like him, luther. He dislikes Israel. Don't worry, I'll keep your little secret.
    Where did I say I like him? Who mentioned Israel? Listen before commenting next time.
  6. Registered User
    lutherblsstt's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    760
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by roids1 View Post
    Come on. Everyone knows it was Israel who attacked us on 9/11 just so we'd launch a war against it's arab neighbors. I don't know why you keep soaking up all this propaganda the media is feeding us.
    You forgot some letters in your screen name:hemor and h.

    By the way,nice attempt at repeatedly trying to group me in with "conspiracy theorists" as well as continually trying to construct a straw man.
  7. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    poison's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,904
    Rep Power
    37729

    Quote Originally Posted by lutherblsstt View Post
    Where did I say I like him? Who mentioned Israel? Listen before commenting next time.
    You quote him, and urge other to listen, because you DISlike him? Got it.

    The Israel comment was a jab, obviously.
  8. Registered User
    lutherblsstt's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    760
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    You quote him, and urge other to listen, because you DISlike him? Got it.

    The Israel comment was a jab, obviously.
    I quoted him and made an interview with him available to others because I knew there would be those who are interested in the subject matter. You decided that this indicates I "like" him,for some reason.
  9. Registered User
    JDK5386's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  293 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    114
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by lutherblsstt View Post
    Michael Scheuer, former chief of the CIA’s bin Laden unit and author of Marching Toward Hell: America and Islam After Iraq, discusses the government’s reliance on CIA covert action instead of conventional military force to protect the U.S., how the Congress and President fail to take meaningful action because they seek the adulation of the media and Europe, the wisdom in leaving Afghanistan ASAP and how Americans won’t realize their government isn’t protecting them until Osama bin Laden attacks again.

    http://dissentradio.com/radio/09_07_01_scheuer.mp3

    Michael Scheuer is a 22-year veteran of the CIA and the author of Through Our Enemies Eyes: Osama bin Laden, Radical Islam, and the Future of America, Marching Toward Hell: America and Islam After Iraq and Imperial Hubris: Why the West Is Losing the War on Terror.
    Here's Scheuer talking about the positive necessity of another terrorist attack:

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auQJVhNH99c"]YouTube - Glenn Beck Agrees US Needs Another Al Qaeda Attack To Protect Us From Immigrants?[/ame]
  10. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    poison's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,904
    Rep Power
    37729

    :unamused:
  11. Registered User
    lutherblsstt's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    760
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    :unamused:
    If you listen to the interview you will hear him explain why he said that.

    My take on the interview I posted a link to is this,

    Scheuer has a couple of problems.

    First, he likes to play the shock jock of counterterrorism by saying outrageous things that he knows will give him an audience.

    Second, he backs himself into a corner and then defends positions that he has not thought through carefully enough and yet deep down knows are indefensible like torture.

    He says he supports torture because it is the only tool we have. Bull****.

    Once you are pro-torture it's hard to maintain credibility with anyone who has seriously looked at the issue - there is no evidence that torture is on balance an asset to either police or intelligence operations.
  12. Banned
    roids1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Changchun, China
    Posts
    1,394
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by lutherblsstt View Post
    He says he supports torture because it is the only tool we have. Bull****.

    Once you are pro-torture it's hard to maintain credibility with anyone who has seriously looked at the issue - there is no evidence that torture is on balance an asset to either police or intelligence operations.
    Does he support totrure like they do in N.Korea (sorry to pick on your favorite state again) or the NY Times' version of torture (caterpillars in your cell, shoving against a wall, water over the face, etc.)?

    I can't wait to see what you'll cut and paste next!
  13. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,327
    Rep Power
    922352

    Luther never cuts and pastes, he always shares his own thoughts and ideas.
  14. Registered User
    lutherblsstt's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    760
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    Luther never cuts and pastes, he always shares his own thoughts and ideas.
    And that is your own original thought as well,right?
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. polling best of best and worst of the worst
    By animaleater2 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-27-2008, 06:53 PM
  2. The Terror Leaders Are Just Dumb !!!
    By anabolicrhino in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-29-2007, 12:30 PM
  3. Terror Storm
    By Thrall in forum Politics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-23-2007, 10:36 PM
  4. Vibrating Egg Is New Terror Threat ???
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2007, 12:27 PM
  5. Terror in our time. Video.
    By CEDeoudes59 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: 10-04-2004, 06:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in