Where would you put your bullets?... - AnabolicMinds.com

Where would you put your bullets?...

  1. Diamond Member
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74317

    Reputation Reputation

    Where would you put your bullets?...


    Excerpt from David Feherty's column in D Magazine...

    D Magazine : President George W. Bush Comes Home (Yo, Dubya)

    "From my own experience visiting the troops in the Middle East, I can tell you this, though: despite how the conflict has been portrayed by our glorious media, if you gave any U.S. soldier a gun with two bullets in it, and he found himself in an elevator with Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, and Osama bin Laden, there’s a good chance that Nancy Pelosi would get shot twice, and Harry Reid and bin Laden would be strangled to death."



    The article is actually very good. Give it a read.

  2. New Member
    hillbilly_210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    43
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    143

    Reputation

    Pretty good read

    -HB-
  3. New Member
    IRON4LIFE's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    31
    Posts
    374
    Rep Power
    19828

    Reputation

    that's awesome....good find
    •   
       

  4. Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
    dg806's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,346
    Rep Power
    1319

    Reputation

    Heard this on the radio this morning. Hilarious!
    I like this quote......
    "I’ve never met a soldier who didn’t love this president and this country, and I’ve met a bunch of them, at home and abroad, in hospitals and in theater. At Walter Reed, Bethesda Naval Medical Center, and the Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio, I have visited dozens of patients, and I always ask of them before I leave: “What do you want to do when you get out?” No matter how broken or burned, or how many limbs they are missing, they give only one answer: “I want to go back. I want to rejoin my team, to finish our mission.” They are rightfully proud of what they have done and want nothing more than to be with their brothers and sisters in arms, because they know the consequences if their job is left unfinished. Right here on American soil, we will end up with unqualified people having to do the job they have been doing over there so incredibly well, and with such extraordinary compassion. The fact is, Americans in America have been safe since 9/11, almost the whole length of G2’s term as president, and for that we should be thankful."
  5. Diamond Member
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74317

    Reputation Reputation

    Yep. It's too bad more people don't recognize it.
  6. New Member
    Nole1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    45
    Posts
    332
    Rep Power
    245

    Reputation

    Irish - they won't recognize it until we get attacked here at home again. Then they'll wonder why someone wasn't waterboarded to get that info prior to them launching their attack.

    Sissy azz democrats.
  7. Pro Virili Parte
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,848
    Rep Power
    2179970

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    wow seriously, 0 info was gotten as a result from waterboarding or any other form of tourtue. All info was obtained prior too. And didnt we perscuate the viaetnam for tortueing our solders. didnt you learn as a child to be a bigger person then your enemy, to not stoop down to their level. and more importantly how do you feel about our govnt breaking their own laws and then perscute you for breaking them. what about the wrongfully accused? and as for never met a soldier who didnt love the president or believe in what they were fighting for? how about all the ones that came home for vaca and never went back? that went awol? or that when they were stopped lossed they turned up missing. There are hundreds of thousands that left and wont go back. And there are plenty that are there and dont believe in what they are fighting for but are there because they follow orders and or believe it is their job/duty and our want to be their to abck their new army family. A mariane I kno told me he disagress with the war, hates bush, but when he gets called in he goes where his marines goes and doesnt complain cuz it isnt his place and he is their for his marine brothers first and foremost. these commets are nieve
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  8. New Member
    Nole1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    45
    Posts
    332
    Rep Power
    245

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    wow seriously, 0 info was gotten as a result from waterboarding or any other form of tourtue. All info was obtained prior too. And didnt we perscuate the viaetnam for tortueing our solders. didnt you learn as a child to be a bigger person then your enemy, to not stoop down to their level. and more importantly how do you feel about our govnt breaking their own laws and then perscute you for breaking them. what about the wrongfully accused? and as for never met a soldier who didnt love the president or believe in what they were fighting for? how about all the ones that came home for vaca and never went back? that went awol? or that when they were stopped lossed they turned up missing. There are hundreds of thousands that left and wont go back. And there are plenty that are there and dont believe in what they are fighting for but are there because they follow orders and or believe it is their job/duty and our want to be their to abck their new army family. A mariane I kno told me he disagress with the war, hates bush, but when he gets called in he goes where his marines goes and doesnt complain cuz it isnt his place and he is their for his marine brothers first and foremost. these commets are nieve
    Your last line - about naive comments were hopefully said while you were looking in the mirror. Wow - and pick up a spellchecker sometime too.

    There aren't hundreds of thousands of AWOL or missing soldiers.....that comment shows your lack of knowledge about our military manpower size, which is hovering somewhere around 1 million, less than 1/10 of 1% of military personnel ever go AWOL. I've been in/around the military for 22+ years now - there are those who didn't like Bush 1 and 2, LOTS who didn't like Clinton and a HUGE majority who don't approve of Obama. I joined when Reagan was my Commander in Chief, there were even some who disagreed with him, not very many mind you, but a few.

    By and large, military members are more easily identified with the Conservative, Homeland Defense minded Republicans. That isn't what Bush 2 became, but I will say that as a voting representative in 2004 for the military, I know first hand that approximately 90% of all personnel I came in contact with voted Bush over Kerry because Kerry was viewed as a traitor for his actions after the Vietnam War.

    Also, your statement about zero info being gained from the waterboarding of three extremists is dead wrong. I'm quite sure you don't work for the CIA, or any intelligence branch of the government, so the info you got from the Daily Kos or Huffington Post is quite inadequate. Try again.
  9. Diamond Member
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74317

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Nole1 View Post

    Also, your statement about zero info being gained from the waterboarding of three extremists is dead wrong. I'm quite sure you don't work for the CIA, or any intelligence branch of the government, so the info you got from the Daily Kos or Huffington Post is quite inadequate. Try again.
    Aye.

    The memos specifically state the information obtained after the implementation of waterboarding - but you know, it's funny. The Obama administration very strategically left that part out.
  10. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,385
    Rep Power
    956431

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Aye.

    The memos specifically state the information obtained after the implementation of waterboarding - but you know, it's funny. The Obama administration very strategically left that part out.
    you are right and wrong here. Info was gained as a matter of fact, and the Obama admin did not leave that out. In fact, a rep from the administration was one of the first to mention it. This to me is not about supporting the president or not supporting him, it deals more with the fact that yes we did torture and yes we received important information that was of assistance.
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  11. Diamond Member
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74317

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    you are right and wrong here. Info was gained as a matter of fact, and the Obama admin did not leave that out. In fact, a rep from the administration was one of the first to mention it. This to me is not about supporting the president or not supporting him, it deals more with the fact that yes we did torture and yes we received important information that was of assistance.
    I don't know about the rep mentioning it, but you can't say the administration really made this a talking point. All I ever heard about it was that it was wrong and that it's proven that information can be obtained without torture. In this case, that wasn't true considering the information wasn't received until AFTER waterboarding was implemented.

    I can't agree that waterboarding is torture, though.

    My personal definition of torture is when the pain is so great and so severe that you would rather be killed than have them continue. - Waterboarding, on the other hand, you just want them to stop. It's not painful, but psychologically draining. No, it's not pleasant, but it's not equivalent to having your finger nails ripped off by rusty pliers.
  12. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,385
    Rep Power
    956431

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    I don't know about the rep mentioning it, but you can't say the administration really made this a talking point. All I ever heard about it was that it was wrong and that it's proven that information can be obtained without torture. In this case, that wasn't true considering the information wasn't received until AFTER waterboarding was implemented.

    I can't agree that waterboarding is torture, though.

    My personal definition of torture is when the pain is so great and so severe that you would rather be killed than have them continue. - Waterboarding, on the other hand, you just want them to stop. It's not painful, but psychologically draining. No, it's not pleasant, but it's not equivalent to having your finger nails ripped off by rusty pliers.
    Well I will say this, to me torture is more than physical, it is also emotional torture.

    Regarding the Obama admin. they did mention it, however, it was not a talking point and truly doesnt have to be one. It was mentioned, as was their disagreement with torture in general.
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  13. jim623
    Guest
    jim623's Avatar

    USAF veteran here. I say fly in and blow the hell out of em, come home and place a phone call. If anyone answers, go back and do it again.
  14. New Member
    Nole1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    45
    Posts
    332
    Rep Power
    245

    Reputation

    I just repped Jim. LOL.
  15. Diamond Member
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74317

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    Well I will say this, to me torture is more than physical, it is also emotional torture.

    Regarding the Obama admin. they did mention it, however, it was not a talking point and truly doesnt have to be one. It was mentioned, as was their disagreement with torture in general.
    99.9% of the time I would be against torture. But I quite honestly don't care about these dudes. That's all there is to it for me. They've waived their right to life as far as I'm concerned.

    ...same goes for pedophiles.
  16. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    bpmartyr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,443
    Rep Power
    27395

    Reputation

    Just thinking of the thread title ...

    I am having a hard time finding bullets right now. Other than FMJ's that is.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  17. New Member
    Nole1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    45
    Posts
    332
    Rep Power
    245

    Reputation

    I agree with that assessment Cannon......
  18. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,385
    Rep Power
    956431

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    99.9% of the time I would be against torture. But I quite honestly don't care about these dudes. That's all there is to it for me. They've waived their right to life as far as I'm concerned.

    ...same goes for pedophiles.
    I am certainly not disagreeing here
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. ECA, yellow bullets or yellow devils
    By jay21 in forum OTC Drug
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-03-2008, 05:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in