Obama couldn't pass Secret Serivce/FBI background check?
- 11-07-2008, 07:53 PM
- 11-07-2008, 08:14 PM
- 11-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Probably all of the above and the fact that there isn't really a paper trail for his international travel/living in his younger years.
11-07-2008, 09:02 PM
We've been over all of this, moot point. btw, John McCain would not be able to pass that same security check based on G Gordon Liddy, Bill Bonanno and others. It's over, let it go.
11-07-2008, 09:04 PM
11-07-2008, 09:05 PM
- 6'1" 221 lbs.
- Join Date
- Nov 2002
- Rep Power
11-07-2008, 09:19 PM
11-07-2008, 09:39 PM
If there is one thing I cannot stand, irrespective of the intended target therein, is when people pass conjecture (especially off of Fox) as objective fact. Did you know that MSNBC told me that Obama can walk on water? I actually propagate that as fact as readily as you do this. Quite interesting, actually.
11-07-2008, 10:01 PM
11-07-2008, 10:09 PM
11-07-2008, 10:14 PM
11-07-2008, 10:17 PM
11-07-2008, 10:25 PM
11-07-2008, 10:31 PM
11-07-2008, 10:33 PM
11-07-2008, 10:43 PM
11-07-2008, 10:51 PM
* Have used any illegal drug (including anabolic steroids after February 27, 1991), other than marijuana, within the past ten years, or engaged in more than minimal experimentation in their lifetime. In making the determination about an applicant’s suitability for FBI employment, all relevant facts, including the frequency of use, will be evaluated.
* Have used marijuana/cannabis within the past three years, or have extensively used marijuana/cannabis or over a substantial period of time. In making the determination about an applicant’s suitability for FBI employment, all relevant facts, including the recency and frequency of use, will be evaluated.
You can easily determine whether you meet the FBI's illegal drug policy by answering the following questions:
1. Have you used marijuana at all within the last three years?
2. Have you used any other illegal drug (including anabolic steroids after February 27, 1991) at all in the past 10 years?
3. Have you ever sold any illegal drug for profit?
4. Have you ever used an illegal drug (no matter how many times or how long ago) while in a law enforcement or prosecutorial position, or in a position which carries with it a high level of responsibility or public trust?
The Navy has a zero tolerance policy, although waivers are still given, less when arrested for it...more for the "tellers"
11-07-2008, 10:55 PM
11-07-2008, 11:30 PM
11-08-2008, 12:10 AM
Makes me wonder, since he's 47, the FBI 10+ years, which he's done with, minimal use(possibly?) so it could be "more than minimal use" that disqualified him."You know, got into drinking. I experimented with drugs. There was a whole stretch of time that I didn't really apply myself a lot. It wasn't until I got out of high school and went to college that I started realizing, 'Man, I wasted a lot of time.' "
In high school, his biggest interests were sports and girls, he said.
Obama has written about his drug use in his memoir, "Dreams from My Father." Mostly he smoked marijuana and drank alcohol, Obama wrote, but occasionally he would snort cocaine when he could afford it."
His foreign travel/living shouldn't be an issue also regarding to Jakarta, Indonesia(school) since more than 7 years have passed on the SF85/6 question.
Which raises some serious questions, if it's not drugs, not foreign travel, why was he not cleared? if the FBI didn't clear him and trust him , that's a big red flag right there, especially for someone running the entire country and privy to almost every "secret" this nation has.
I'm not into Obama bashing and I say give him time, see what he does, that's being objective, so is this, an issue like this should not be ignored.
Mccain held at least a secret clearance, if not TS to be able to become a Naval Aviator.We've been over all of this, moot point. btw, John McCain would not be able to pass that same security check based on G Gordon Liddy, Bill Bonanno and others. It's over, let it go.
11-08-2008, 12:20 AM
I think you guys misunderstood this statement. I always took it to mean that BHO couldn't pass a FBI background check if he took one, not that he took one and failed it.
Why would he have take an FBI or any other background check?
11-08-2008, 12:23 AM
11-08-2008, 12:41 AM
11-08-2008, 08:28 AM
He has never taken a background check, and the initial speculation stemmed from a guest on one of Fox's 'infotainment' shows. The strain from individuals of certain ideologies to make cursory and passing relationships into deep-seeded associations is laughable; if you elaborated upon any politicians associations as you seem to Obama, none of them would pass.
11-08-2008, 08:29 AM
11-08-2008, 08:31 AM
11-08-2008, 08:40 AM
But you're right I can't say whether he would pass or not, and this all is just speculation. Not to mention, as I said before, completely irrelevant.
11-08-2008, 03:07 PM
11-08-2008, 03:32 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By emiliozapata in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 43Last Post: 01-15-2010, 02:50 PM
- By EasyEJL in forum PoliticsReplies: 1Last Post: 06-17-2009, 02:59 PM
- By AnonymousSACO in forum Post Cycle TherapyReplies: 3Last Post: 07-20-2006, 12:26 PM