Poll: Who won the First Debate?

Who won the debate?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,272
    Rep Power
    1266
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    69.51%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Who won the debate?


    You all know who I thought won...what about everyone else?

  2. Elite Member
    SilentBob187's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    7,851
    Rep Power
    11115
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    25.7%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    McCain, Obama just struck me as disrespectful. Don't interrupt someone when they're talking, it's just rude and doesn't make you look better.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  3. Registered User
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,272
    Rep Power
    1266
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    69.51%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    McCain, Obama just struck me as disrespectful. Don't interrupt someone when they're talking, it's just rude and doesn't make you look better.
    Agreed. McCain spoke with an air of competence as well.

    Edit- I think McCain smoked the economy and clearly won that portion. I think Obama did very well in shifting the Iraq question to Afghanistan, I'll give him that portion. Overall, I think McCain won it because he came across as more competent and less rude as bob said.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    glg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    66
    Posts
    453
    Rep Power
    331
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    17.34%

    McCain was vague on to many comments i.e., preconditions...tell me what you mean...what preconditions are you demanding? Overall I think the whole debate was to genericand & unfocused by both. I remebered why I don't usually watch them...just wait for the highlights like in many sports broadcasts.
  5. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7018

    McCain looked more competent and was much more detailed especially on Iran, Russia, Ukraine, etc...

    Obama held his own though.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  6. Elite Member
    SilentBob187's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    7,851
    Rep Power
    11115
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    25.7%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Replace Kirk with Obama and that's what I saw. b unit, where you at? I know you can get it done.

    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  7. New Member
    glg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    66
    Posts
    453
    Rep Power
    331
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    17.34%

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    Replace Kirk with Obama and that's what I saw. b unit, where you at? I know you can get it done.



    So then is McCain a Klingon, Romulan...no wait...a Borg!!
  8. Senior Member
    Fastone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,312
    Rep Power
    839
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    31.45%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    McCain, Obama just struck me as disrespectful. Don't interrupt someone when they're talking, it's just rude and doesn't make you look better.
    I totally disagree as McCain overstepped his summary time in a few instances, In some cases I felt Obama was too respectful imo. Also if someone says something that you totally disagree with do you make an effort at rebuttal or do you just stand there and wait your turn, so to speak. This was a debate not a social function. That being said I think for the most part both candidates said what we've heard all along. They did however, better establish where they have fundamental differences. And so it goes

    :bruce3:

    And JP, none of that angry liberal stuff
  9. Registered User
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,272
    Rep Power
    1266
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    69.51%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Tell me why I watch the debate and I see McCain win the economy and Obama win the foreign policy. Then the analysts say exactly the opposite....
  10. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7018

    Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post

    And JP, none of that angry liberal stuff
    What is funny is that McCain, the hot head, looked much more disciplined than Obama. Obama got flustered a couple times but also did gain points by directly attacking him as well.

    What Obama did tonight was agree too much with McCain. If you're the "change" candidate, you don't agree...even if you do
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  11. Senior Member
    Fastone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,312
    Rep Power
    839
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    31.45%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by J. Peterman View Post

    What Obama did tonight was agree too much with McCain. If you're the "change" candidate, you don't agree...even if you do
    Holy cow, we agree on something however, didn't McCain steal the change mantle at his convention. Also I must say McCain is trying maybe too hard to distance himself from GWB. It's like waking up with the ugly girl and trying to figure out how to sneak her out of your house after you eat your own arm off to get away.

    :bruce3:
  12. Registered User
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,272
    Rep Power
    1266
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    69.51%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    Holy cow, we agree on something however, didn't McCain steal the change mantle at his convention.

    :bruce3:
    Its one thing to say change, its another thing to actually change something.
  13. New Member
    Mo250's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    153
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    10.66%

    Obama was a media man's dream. Made eye contact with his opponent, seized the initiative at every opportunity, projected aplomb and self-assurance. Very presidential looking. McCain: nervous, fixed smile, staring resolutely at the moderator and refusing to look his opponent in the eye, stumbling too often, timorous even when his points were strongest, e.g. re the Surge. He ignored the big picture of spending, instead argued vehemently against $18B of earmarked 'pork' - chump change compared to a $700B bailout, $1T war, $X T medicare drug program, etc. which he supported. Obama was actually more hawkish on Pakistan! And on the economy, of course, they're both equally pathetic.
  14. Bananas
    TripDog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,084
    Rep Power
    5552
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    41.72%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    Its one thing to say change, its another thing to actually change something.
    There is a lot of truth in that statement.
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  15. Senior Member
    grila jujitsu's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,564
    Rep Power
    1375
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    45.45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    mcnasty was sad! he has very little debating skills and misquoted many people. dems:1 - rep:0.
  16. Diamond Member
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,754
    Rep Power
    774632
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    25.19%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    For me, there was no clear winner. I would say it was a draw. Mr. McCain did not demonstrate the weakness observers might have expected in terms of the economy, and Mr. Obama showed nice command of foreign policy. McCain was expected to be more aggressive, given his weaker position in the polls before the debate, and he did come out more aggressive, almost always interjecting "What Senator Obama does not understand...." in his responses. On his own, Obama tried to contain McCain's attacks, while acknowledging any valid points McCain made. This aspect has been criticized by some as being too polite or gentlemanly. Others saw it as a necessary quality for a bipartisan or consensus-building approach. The second debate should be interesting, as both sides would be expected to have learnt a thing or two from the first debate.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  17. Senior Member
    Fastone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,312
    Rep Power
    839
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    31.45%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    For me, there was no clear winner. I would say it was a draw. Mr. McCain did not demonstrate the weakness observers might have expected in terms of the economy, and Mr. Obama showed nice command of foreign policy. McCain was expected to be more aggressive, given his weaker position in the polls before the debate, and he did come out more aggressive, almost always interjecting "What Senator Obama does not understand...." in his responses. On his own, Obama tried to contain McCain's attacks, while acknowledging any valid points McCain made. This aspect has been criticized by some as being too polite or gentlemanly. Others saw it as a necessary quality for a bipartisan or consensus-building approach. The second debate should be interesting, as both sides would be expected to have learnt a thing or two from the first debate.

    My name is Fastone and I endorse this statement.

    :bruce3:
  18. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,478
    Rep Power
    1083710
    Level
    74
    Lv. Percent
    46.37%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    I would give McCain a slight edge, but very slight. Which I think is a poisitive for both of them. McCain needed to win after a rough week, while Obama really needed to hold his own on foreign affairs which I think he did as well.

    No major surprises either way, as I dont think anything changes as a result. I am interested in Thursday as that will really come down to will Biden make a gaffe and will Palin be prepared?
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  19. New Member
    POWER HOUSE's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    89
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    24.27%

    Obama Is Ignorant

    And Will Destroy Our Country

    Democrats Suck
  20. Diamond Member
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,754
    Rep Power
    774632
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    25.19%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by POWER HOUSE;
    Obama Is Ignorant

    And Will Destroy Our Country

    Democrats Suck
    In what sense could these comments be extracted from yesterday's debate, the core subject of this thread? From my point of view, completely zero-value adding!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  21. Senior Member
    nemo's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,649
    Rep Power
    1236
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    9.12%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    If anything, I believe Obama won due to him being aggressive against McCain,... as Mo mentioned he "was a media man's dream", he was much better than in earlier debates with Hillary.
  22. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27065
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.12%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    For me, there was no
    clear winner. I would say it was a draw. Mr. McCain did not demonstrate the weakness observers might have expected in terms of the economy, and Mr. Obama showed nice command of foreign policy. McCain was expected to be more aggressive, given his weaker position in the polls before the debate, and he did come out more aggressive, almost always interjecting "What Senator Obama does not understand...." in his responses. On his own, Obama tried to contain McCain's attacks, while acknowledging any valid points McCain made. This aspect has been criticized by some as being too polite or gentlemanly. Others saw it as a necessary quality for a bipartisan or consensus-building approach. The second debate should be interesting, as both sides would be expected to have learnt a thing or two from the first debate.
    Great comments, Ike; I agree in full!
  23. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7018

    After having a night to sleep on it and a round of golf this morning, it was a boring debate. McCain won based on detials but it might have been the most boring win I've ever seen.

    I don't see how he can win this election given the economy is front and center now. I think he needed to win by such a large margin that it really put a lot of doubt into people's mind about Obama. It didn't happen. Obama lost by the smallest of margins but for the most part, hung in there and looked competent.

    If the results show both are competent, people will pick the younger Democrat in times of economic problems. Its 1992 all over again.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  24. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,478
    Rep Power
    1083710
    Level
    74
    Lv. Percent
    46.37%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by J. Peterman View Post
    After having a night to sleep on it and a round of golf this morning, it was a boring debate. McCain won based on detials but it might have been the most boring win I've ever seen.

    I don't see how he can win this election given the economy is front and center now. I think he needed to win by such a large margin that it really put a lot of doubt into people's mind about Obama. It didn't happen. Obama lost by the smallest of margins but for the most part, hung in there and looked competent.

    If the results show both are competent, people will pick the younger Democrat in times of economic problems. Its 1992 all over again.
    Jp, as much as it pains me to say this, and trust me this is painful, I could not agree more. ( I think I threw up a bit in my mouth with that one)

    ALl kidding aside, I agree McCain was, ever so slightly, which was not enough. However, there are 3 more total debates (with the VP one) and that will tell the tale. However, right now I would say Obama is in control of his own destiny here
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  25. Senior Member
    Fastone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,312
    Rep Power
    839
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    31.45%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RobInKuwait
    Its one thing to say change, its another thing to actually change something.
    There is a lot of truth in that statement.


    Well right now we'd have to say it remains to be seen as to what Sen Obama could really change. The only thing that Sen McCain has changed imo is the person he was a few short years ago into the complete opposite today. He really should be debating himself

    :bruce3:
  26. Senior Member
    grila jujitsu's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,564
    Rep Power
    1375
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    45.45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by POWER HOUSE View Post
    Obama Is Ignorant

    And Will Destroy Our Country

    Democrats Suck

    really? really.....?

    Your comment is Ignorant! hence you are Ignorant!

    could you please stick to the topic! Your comment adds nothing to the convo!
  27. Senior Member
    grila jujitsu's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,564
    Rep Power
    1375
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    45.45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    In what sense could these comments be extracted from yesterday's debate, the core subject of this thread? From my point of view, completely zero-value adding!

    just saw this!
  28. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,473
    Rep Power
    997457
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    14.61%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by grila jujitsu View Post
    hens you are Ignorant!
    Now why are hens ignorant? They just live and provide us food... whats wrong with them? OHHHH... must have meant HENCE?!

    Really though, your last comment calling McCain a name, and proceeding on to making false comments really did not add anything to the conversation either.

    Not saying what Power House said added anything either though.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  29. Advanced Member
    bigrobbierob's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    42
    Posts
    748
    Rep Power
    7810
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    16.14%

    McCain over Uh-bama.

    Seriously, how many times can a person Uh and Um?
  30. Senior Member
    grila jujitsu's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,564
    Rep Power
    1375
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    45.45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Now why are hens ignorant? They just live and provide us food... whats wrong with them? OHHHH... must have meant HENCE?!

    Really though, your last comment calling McCain a name, and proceeding on to making false comments really did not add anything to the conversation either.

    Not saying what Power House said added anything either though.

    Adams

    lol I didn’t realize I did that! oops my bad!

    as for calling him a name, that is a actually a name he was called in collage and he like being called that. I was not making fun of him.

    next, how did I make false comments? the fact is that McNasty DID misquote many people many times in the debate!

    while I may not have added much I still added something, also I stayed on topic. (So watch yourself son! jk lol)

    Thanks
    GJJ
  31. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,473
    Rep Power
    997457
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    14.61%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by grila jujitsu View Post
    lol I didn’t realize I did that! oops my bad!

    as for calling him a name, that is a actually a name he was called in collage and he like being called that. I was not making fun of him.

    next, how did I make false comments? the fact is that McNasty DID misquote many people many times in the debate!

    while I may not have added much I still added something, also I stayed on topic. (So watch yourself son! jk lol)

    Thanks
    GJJ
    I was only referring to the name calling, and saying he has no debating skills. When even I can say there was no clear cut winner in this case. And that is saying something. He hung right there with Obama, or vice versa, however you want to look at it. And reading about the debate, i seen that McCain had two blunders, I wouldnt call that misquoting many people.

    (Now check yo self, be fo you wreck yo self. )

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  32. New Member
    dieselxxl's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    79
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    44.83%

    all i know is if obama is elected president we are screwed. that means a democratic house of rep, democratic senate and democratic leader. Hes too young and inexperienced. You need a balance and without a republican influence you dont get that. I for one will vote mccain. Drilling for oil is our only hope!
  33. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    47
    Posts
    31,884
    Rep Power
    852762
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    49.73%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    For me, there was no clear winner. I would say it was a draw. Mr. McCain did not demonstrate the weakness observers might have expected in terms of the economy, and Mr. Obama showed nice command of foreign policy. McCain was expected to be more aggressive, given his weaker position in the polls before the debate, and he did come out more aggressive, almost always interjecting "What Senator Obama does not understand...." in his responses. On his own, Obama tried to contain McCain's attacks, while acknowledging any valid points McCain made. This aspect has been criticized by some as being too polite or gentlemanly. Others saw it as a necessary quality for a bipartisan or consensus-building approach. The second debate should be interesting, as both sides would be expected to have learnt a thing or two from the first debate.
    I'd say more or less the same, probably on a scale of 100 points i'd go with 52 mccain 48 obama, but since I had lower expectations of obama going in its a net win for him kind of like he beat the point spread in my head. But then again going in i expected no economic questions, and half the debate was about that.

    The problem I saw with obama during the debate was him rolling his eyes, making faces, that sort of thing the whole time, which didnt seem quite presidential or even professional, particularly considering how many times he said that mccain was right about things. Also the difference between him attempting to be familiar and friendly and using John all the time while mccain said Senator Obama kind of irked me. Just not quite professional/presidential. If the next debate obama manages to avoid that, he'll look even better I think.
  34. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27065
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.12%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I'd say more or less the same, probably on a scale of 100 points i'd go with 52 mccain 48 obama, but since I had lower expectations of obama going in its a net win for him kind of like he beat the point spread in my head. But then again going in i expected no economic questions, and half the debate was about that.

    The problem I saw with obama during the debate was him rolling his eyes, making faces, that sort of thing the whole time, which didnt seem quite presidential or even professional, particularly considering how many times he said that mccain was right about things. Also the difference between him attempting to be familiar and friendly and using John all the time while mccain said Senator Obama kind of irked me. Just not quite professional/presidential. If the next debate obama manages to avoid that, he'll look even better I think.
    Well, he actually called him 'Tom', 'Jim' and a host of other improper names! I found that to be amusing.
  35. Senior Member
    grila jujitsu's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,564
    Rep Power
    1375
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    45.45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    I was only referring to the name calling, and saying he has no debating skills. When even I can say there was no clear cut winner in this case. And that is saying something. He hung right there with Obama, or vice versa, however you want to look at it. And reading about the debate, i seen that McCain had two blunders, I wouldnt call that misquoting many people.

    (Now check yo self, be fo you wreck yo self. )

    Adams


    lol oh shizznit son! I think I just wrecked myself! lol

    I was in the speach and debate club (#10 in the nation at the time, now are #16) in high school and from what I learned Mcnasty did not display strong skills. He constantly attacked instead of proving his points. Yes, attacking is one way to debate, although it is usually done by people who don’t understand there own view points.

    Yea that’s right I am bragging! lol

    By the way, I should have been more descriptive in my first post, in fact I should be more descriptive and should have provided example in all of my posts in this thread. The fact is i am far too busy with F’ing school to do so. For that I am sorry sir, because I love having intelligent convos.
  36. Senior Member
    grila jujitsu's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,564
    Rep Power
    1375
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    45.45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by dieselxxl View Post
    all i know is if obama is elected president we are screwed. that means a democratic house of rep, democratic senate and democratic leader. Hes too young and inexperienced. You need a balance and without a republican influence you dont get that. I for one will vote mccain. Drilling for oil is our only hope!
    Wow... You know this! Oh benevolent one tell me more of you infinite wisdom! joke!

    I believe the rep's had the prez (Bush), the house, and the senate under there control. look at how they did..... not so well. why dont we give the dems a try at fixing the problem the rep's created (most of the problems were started by the reagan admin).

    Thanks
    GJJ
  37. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,473
    Rep Power
    997457
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    14.61%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by grila jujitsu View Post
    Wow... You know this! Oh benevolent one tell me more of you infinite wisdom! joke!

    I believe the rep's had the prez (Bush), the house, and the senate under there control. look at how they did..... not so well. why dont we give the dems a try at fixing the problem the rep's created (most of the problems were started by the reagan admin).

    Thanks
    GJJ
    Actually we are just now feeling the effects of the Sub Prime lending era that Clinton brought about. This problem with the economy started before bush had the floor. McCain brought these issues up time and time again since the institution of sub prime predatory lending, but by that time the dems controlled congress... and god for big they listen to someone from across the isle.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  38. Senior Member
    grila jujitsu's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,564
    Rep Power
    1375
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    45.45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Actually we are just now feeling the effects of the Sub Prime lending era that Clinton brought about. This problem with the economy started before bush had the floor. McCain brought these issues up time and time again since the institution of sub prime predatory lending, but by that time the dems controlled congress... and god for big they listen to someone from across the isle.

    Adams
    The sub prime mortgages started before the Clinton and the real problems strated when the second bush decided to mess with the rates. (READ GREENSPANS BOOK HE EXPLAINS IT ALL VERYY WELL)the econ turned bad when bush and his cronies turned big business free and in to a laissez-faire. The kicker is that Bush allowed big business to manufacture in other countries with lower tariffs and taxes. thus, causing a loss in jobs and more money being spent in other countries instead of the good ole USA.

    Besides, to blame the struggling econ on the housing market is ridiculous. There are a multitude of factors that created this econ that we no live in!
  39. Senior Member
    slow-mun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,149
    Rep Power
    1175
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    80.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by grila jujitsu View Post
    The sub prime mortgages started before the Clinton and the real problems strated when the second bush decided to mess with the rates. (READ GREENSPANS BOOK HE EXPLAINS IT ALL VERYY WELL)the econ turned bad when bush and his cronies turned big business free and in to a laissez-faire. The kicker is that Bush allowed big business to manufacture in other countries with lower tariffs and taxes. thus, causing a loss in jobs and more money being spent in other countries instead of the good ole USA.

    Besides, to blame the struggling econ on the housing market is ridiculous. There are a multitude of factors that created this econ that we no live in!
    The policies began with Jimmy Carter and were given fresh legs by Bill Clinton. The current crisis is due primarily to subprime lending and not just Bush's messing with the rates as you try to imply. There are other issues at play but to try and reduce the home mortgage industry as a bit player just shows how much you fail to understand about everything. In fact, Bush wanted regulation of the home mortage industry as far back as 2003 and McCain wanted it in 2005. This current crisis is the result of businessmen having politicians in their pockets. Every time regulation was proposed the politicians in bed with the mortgage industry squashed it. Both the Democrats and Republicans are to blame, but of the two, only the Democrats are still in office.
  40. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,478
    Rep Power
    1083710
    Level
    74
    Lv. Percent
    46.37%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    I agree, this goes well beyond party here. Both parties are a$$ deep in this and they are to blame. Now, sadly the taxpayer takes the hit, which is what we are getting far too acustomed to.
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. The 2nd Debate
    By TruffleShuffle in forum Politics
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-09-2008, 10:59 PM
  2. hcg debate
    By Get Big or Die in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 11:03 PM
  3. 40/30/30 debate
    By Head Nurse in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-10-2005, 09:46 AM
  4. Okay another something to debate
    By Matthew D in forum Politics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-30-2005, 07:36 PM
  5. And now for some debate....
    By goa1175 in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02-01-2005, 03:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in