Matt Damon - Palin

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Matt Damon - Palin


    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anxkrm9uEJk"]YouTube - Damon Condemns Palin[/ame]


  2. "It's like a really bad Disney movie."
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line

  3. Matt Damon is SO important. Everyone should listen to him......
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    Matt Damon is SO important. Everyone should listen to him......
    agreed!

    i dont know man if u seen his bourne movies but mr damon dont mess around!

  5. Just because he IS famous doesn't mean that his opinion is any less important than yours or mine. Especially if he was asked. It's also absurd to assume that celebrity=no political idea.

    That being said, I could follow his concerns, even if I don't share them, until he threw in the religious concern and pushing a nuclear 'button'

  6. but what does Bono think?
    that's all that really matters anyway.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    Just because he IS famous doesn't mean that his opinion is any less important than yours or mine.
    That's the point, kind of.
    The problem that bothers people is that the media portrays his opinion as more important. Why else would this story be all over the media? Shouldn't my opinion get some national news coverage?

  8. Not really, you and I don't have the attention of as many people. However, you can easily put your **** on youtube

    Scale down your concerns to something you and I might have in common with actors. In social circle you're valued in, do you get more 'time and attention' that another person that isn't held as highly as you are? Hell, use this board as an example. Some people here have more of a voice that people will listen to than someone else who may have better advice but isn't known yet.

    I have no problem with them getting more exposure. I have a problem with people automatically thinking their ideas have merit based soley off their celebrity status.

  9. If opinions are anything like *******s, there would probably be more interviews with gay pornstars.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line

  10. Matt Damon...



    Matt Damon!

  11. Damn you Hurley! I was gonna post that!

    Matt Damon
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!

  12. here is another crazy video i dont know if ut has been posted here

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM3oww9Vk-c&"]YouTube - FOX Attacks Obama Like Kerry[/ame]

  13. Thats so fuckn awesome, "I NEED to know if she thought dinasaurs were here 4,000 years ago."

  14. Yeah, its so awesome...its "dinosaurs".
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by J. Peterman View Post
    Yeah, its so awesome...its "dinosaurs".
    What was the point of correcting me, are you an evangelical?

  16. Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    What was the point of correcting me, are you an evangelical?
    No, but if you want to be condescending to those who are, expect a response.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  17. Look, it's Fat Damon




  18. Quote Originally Posted by J. Peterman View Post
    No, but if you want to be condescending to those who are, expect a response.
    So you want someone who thinks the world is 6,000 years old running the country? That sounds like a rational human being capable of sound judgement....

  19. "she's gonna have the nuclear codes" ROFLMAO

  20. Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    So you want someone who thinks the world is 6,000 years old running the country? That sounds like a rational human being capable of sound judgement....

    You do understand that JFK was Catholic don't you?
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by J. Peterman View Post
    You do understand that JFK was Catholic don't you?
    And look what it got him.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    And look what it got him.
    And your point? He was shot because he was Catholic?
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by J. Peterman View Post
    And your point? He was shot because he was Catholic?
    No, I just wanted to see what your response would be

  24. Right.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by J. Peterman View Post
    Right.
    Left.

  26. I would be willing to take an uneducated guess and say the majority of the US presidents believed in God and that the world was only a few thousand years old. I would also be more worried about other beliefs to consider them of sound judgement moreso than the world's birthdate.

  27. well isint it better to believe what the majority do or else u wont be accepted by the majority of people (look at u like a wacko?)

  28. Quote Originally Posted by mr j View Post
    well isint it better to believe what the majority do or else u wont be accepted by the majority of people (look at u like a wacko?)

    What if the majority is wacko?

  29. ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  30. Quote Originally Posted by mr j View Post
    well isint it better to believe what the majority do or else u wont be accepted by the majority of people (look at u like a wacko?)
    No. That kind of thinking gets you listening to pop music, eating fast food and buying country albums.

  31. Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    No. That kind of thinking gets you listening to pop music, eating fast food and buying country albums.
    Why would you buy country albums if you listen to pop music? Wouldn't you buy pop albums?
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line

  32. Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    Why would you buy country albums if you listen to pop music? Wouldn't you buy pop albums?
    "Country" music today is just hillybilly's singing pop music.

    It was more a statement about thinking for yourself and avoiding being a herd animal.

  33. What kind of state is the US electoral system in when the number 1 topic about the candidates is religion?!

    AFAIK, in the US there are rules separating church and state, they're there for a reason.

    I'm from the UK and whilst i'm sure that if a Muslim was running for Prime Minister then yes that fact would get media attention but it wouldn't cause this mass uproar that the CHANCE the Barrack Obama being a muslim seems to be in the US.

    Is the fact that he is black, a heavily debated issue? what about that Palin is a woman, is this causing large advertising campaigns of "dont vote for her, she's a WOMAN". No, because its sexist. So why is a person's religion such a happily discussed thing?

  34. Because it's bound to be something and sexism and racism is fround upon. They can discuss particulars in a religion and make it sound like it's based on intelligent reasoning... In some cases, it's a legit concern.

    Black !=Fanatic/Lunatic
    Woman!=Fanatic/Lunatic
    Certain religions/parts of a religion=Fanatic/Lunatic

  35. The Media actually gave a shit about Britney Spears's opinion about wanting the rest of the US to support Bush in all of his decisions as President, even his decision to go to war with Iraq.

  36. Quote Originally Posted by TruffleShuffle View Post
    What kind of state is the US electoral system in when the number 1 topic about the candidates is religion?!

    AFAIK, in the US there are rules separating church and state, they're there for a reason.

    I'm from the UK and whilst i'm sure that if a Muslim was running for Prime Minister then yes that fact would get media attention but it wouldn't cause this mass uproar that the CHANCE the Barrack Obama being a muslim seems to be in the US.

    Is the fact that he is black, a heavily debated issue? what about that Palin is a woman, is this causing large advertising campaigns of "dont vote for her, she's a WOMAN". No, because its sexist. So why is a person's religion such a happily discussed thing?
    Reps for this obeservation.

    The fact of the matter is that it is human nature to think that you are right/superior, and that people who are not like you are wrong/inferior.

    In the US there exist certain protected "classes" that cannot be critically or honestly discussed (unless critical or honest discussion means to never mention anything that could be construed as being a negative trait or circumstance).

    Some examples of these protected classes are as follows:

    Women
    Americans of African origin, both sexes
    Homosexuals


    This explains why race and sex are not being openly discussed as issues in the election, because there are thousands of PC police just waiting to make the charge of racism/sexism.

    However religious Americans are not currently a protected class in the US. The PC police have pushed to make Muslims off limits, but they aren't there yet. But don't kid yourself it is always open season on Christians, and you can expect the criticism of a Christian candidate to come up in every election where one is running for office.

    The hypocrisy of the situation is astounding, as the same people who routinely call for the "equal" and "fair" treatment of minorities, women, Muslims, homosexuals, are the same people who will attack someone for their Christian beliefs in a heartbeat.

    Which brings us back full circle to my original point. It is human nature to believe that you are right and folks who do not believe as you are wrong, or at the very least not as correct as you. And you know what? There is nothing wrong with feeling this way. The problem comes in when you discriminate, abuse, and even publicly ridicule those who do not think as you do. But this will always be a problem, and this is why it is unfair to make "protected classes" unless of course you are willing to make everyone a "protected class".

    Of course we could always just treat other people the way that we would like to be treated, but saying this is probably not allowed since this statement has been uttered by a controversial religious figure.

  37. Quote Originally Posted by Dadof2 View Post
    However religious Americans are not currently a protected class in the US.
    Lets be clear about something, there is not discussion about sex and race because those aren't choices. Having an illogical, scientifically disputable, belief system is totally different.

  38. Quote Originally Posted by TruffleShuffle View Post
    I'm from the UK and whilst i'm sure that if a Muslim was running for Prime Minister then yes that fact would get media attention but it wouldn't cause this mass uproar that the CHANCE the Barrack Obama being a muslim seems to be in the US.
    Barack obama maybe being muslim only scares those people who would never vote for him in the first place, so its really a non issue.

    And if you live any were near london, then you know that a muslim prime minister would cause a sh!t storm of epic proportions, you cant tell me your country isn't segregated by race and religion.

  39. Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    Lets be clear about something, there is not discussion about sex and race because those aren't choices. Having an illogical, scientifically disputable, belief system is totally different.
    There is never a discussion about sex or race, forget the presidential election for a moment and look at the big picture.

    If you say something that is not pc about a particular race you are a racist, if you say something that is not pc about a woman then you are a sexist.

    Having a child and abandoning it is a choice, not a genetic trait, yet I would be a called a racist for pointing out the fact that this is more commonplace among African Americans as opposed to Asian Americans. This is an example of an issue not being discussed because in America the discussion of black issues by anyone outside of the black community is taboo.

    This is a fact, and my point stands.

  40. Quote Originally Posted by Dadof2 View Post
    There is never a discussion about sex or race, forget the presidential election for a moment and look at the big picture.

    This is a fact, and my point stands.
    There is a lack of open discussion on nearly every topic you can think of from taxes to drugs, thats not the issue. Your mad because your a religous person trying to defend the religion you picked to follow.

    I'm merely making an observation that just because palin bleeds out her vagina once a month, doesnt mean that she cant make a rational decision. And just because obama needs to moisturize constantly to keep from geting ashy, doesnt mean he cant think straight. But anyone who would be so thick as to believe the earth is only 6,000 years old, i wouldnt let them cut my lawn, much less run the country.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-10-2010, 02:19 PM
  2. Naylin Palin?
    By ozarkaBRAND in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-05-2008, 04:36 PM
  3. What it will be like with Palin as President!
    By Jayhawkk in forum Politics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-25-2008, 01:37 PM
  4. Sarah Palin
    By manifesto in forum General Chat
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 10-10-2008, 12:35 AM
  5. Sliming Palin
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Politics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Log in
Log in