My progress story

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Unfortunately I have a few more posts before I can post pics. :-(

If someone wants to post my pics for me I will PM the links.

This has been a very long process for me which started in highschool when I had a steady girlfriend and let mysefl go. Then I found out how much I liked beer and started going downhill from that point. I hit my largest of 265 and was almost too fat for my 40" pants when I said something had to change.

4-5 years ago I did the Atkins diet and dropped from 265 down to 205. I did that with minimal excercise and was able to keep a majority of the weight off and fluctuated between 205 - 220 and back down.

Last year I decided to change my lifestyle and actually start working out rather than just diet. This was aproximately July of 2007. I stuck with it going 2-3 times a week and was able to get in better shape. January 2008 I decided to take it to another level and was really enjoying working out and the transformation my body was taking.

I probably bored most of you by now, but my current weight is at 196 with some definition that never existed before. I have worked out a minimum of 4 times a week and have been doing lots of cardio (2-4 miles on the eliptical depending on time) I do chest and tris 2 days a week and biceps and legs the other 2 days. I have also been more dilegent with abs in the last month than I used to be.

Thanks everyone for the great information posted on this site.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Nice job man. Takes a lot to regain control of your life and body, great to hear about it.

Keep it up!

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Boosting post count so I can post the pics. Hard to get 20 posts when you are really just a lurker.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
you got 20 now let's update those pics!!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
...waiting...

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Hmm.. maybe he has one of those "job" things... Yuck.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
lol he should get a job where he can spend all day on here!!

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Please don't be too harsh and I am by no means a finished product. I have become addicted to working out and bettering myself with no intentions to stop.

Here are the before pics from July 2007:

After pics from July 2008:

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
FYI, I do have one of those jobs where I can be on the forums and post. However, I don't want to be one of those folks that just repeat something they read the day before.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Wow, nice job so far dude...

Sounds like you need to reorganize your split a little bit if you are really hitting chest 2x a week and legs 2x a week... Trade the second hit for a shoulder day and a back day... Throw arms in with legs... Then the other days keep killing the cardio like you have been.

I guess you're eating 5 to 6 times a day?

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established

Sounds like you need to reorganize your split a little bit if you are really hitting chest 2x a week and legs 2x a week... Trade the second hit for a shoulder day and a back day... Throw arms in with legs... Then the other days keep killing the cardio like you have been.

Will it really help build more mass by working the body group once a week? I have been focusing more on upper body and cardio. I know I shouldn't exclude my legs, but I am improving them (not mass wise) with all the cardio and don't feel much like using the weights after 3 miles.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
I know it seems to make sense to blow things up more than once a week... More = better... but it really ends up slowing you down if you're looking to gain mass. Hit it hard and heavy - then leave it alone for the rest of the week...

Also - for burning fat, it is usually recommended to do some cardio AFTER weights. The lifting releases fat into the bloodstream, where theoretically - it should be easier to burn... Also, you can just do your cardio on non-lift days. It sounds like you are in the gym more than 4 times a week anyway.

You start taking supplements at all? If so - what?

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Just as a side comment - you are a pretty big dude... You have a great frame to build on... Really should start balancing out your torso with a solid back workout - I know its boring at first, but its one of my favorite days now.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established

Also, I try to eat more times a day and smaller meals. My day usually consists of.

Breakfast:

Oatmeal and a protein shake

Lunch:
I was eating a fairly heavy lunch (I love lunch), but this week I have been staying with more lighter foods such as fish or grilled chicken.

Afternoon snack:
Banana or a 100 calorie snack bar

Afternoon protein shake

Dinner:

I try to eat lighter dinners like salmon, rotiserrie chicken or salad with chicken or taco meat.

Most days I will have another whey protein shake around 8PM with fat free milk. Sometimes I wait too late and try not to drink them past 9PM.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Also, I try to eat more times a day and smaller meals. My day usually consists of.

Breakfast:

Oatmeal and a protein shake

Lunch:
I was eating a fairly heavy lunch (I love lunch), but this week I have been staying with more lighter foods such as fish or grilled chicken.

Afternoon snack:
Banana or a 100 calorie snack bar

Afternoon protein shake

Dinner:

I try to eat lighter dinners like salmon, rotiserrie chicken or salad with chicken or taco meat.

Most days I will have another whey protein shake around 8PM with fat free milk. Sometimes I wait too late and try not to drink them past 9PM.
Look into Casein protein for your nighttime shake. Its actually a great way to keep your metabolism going and your muscles fed. Digests much slower (6 to 8 hrs) than whey (30min)...

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
I know it seems to make sense to blow things up more than once a week... More = better... but it really ends up slowing you down if you're looking to gain mass. Hit it hard and heavy - then leave it alone for the rest of the week...

Also - for burning fat, it is usually recommended to do some cardio AFTER weights. The lifting releases fat into the bloodstream, where theoretically - it should be easier to burn... Also, you can just do your cardio on non-lift days. It sounds like you are in the gym more than 4 times a week anyway.

You start taking supplements at all? If so - what?
I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out.

When I first started working out I was doing the cardio and what gas I had left in the tank I was using for weights. About 4 months ago I started the weights first and then the cardio.

As for supplements here goes.

I am almost finished with my cycle (tomorrow is the last day)
I understand I did not fully research like I should have before hand, but luckily no ill affects.

My cycle consisted of the following:
Whey Protein shakes (3 per day)
Milk Thisle for liver protection
M-Drol on a 10/20/30 (I kept going for a few days more at 30 than the 3rd week, but the back pumps started killing me)

My PCT consisted of (I know know it was not enough and am prepared for my next cycle in 8 week of something less harsh than M-Drol)
Formadrol Extreme on a 40/30/20/10 scenario.
I have Tamox for the next one or in case of gyno.
I also started taking a multi-vitamins, fish oil and taurine towards the end of the cycle.

My current regime will consist of the following:
Whey Protein shakes (3 per day)
Multivitamin
Fish Oil
Taurine
I just purchased Millennium Sport Ragnarok and plan to start taking it after it comes in.

As for the gym, my target is 4 times a week and I try to go more. With a wife, job and 3 kids it is tough to keep that schedule, but I have been determined and the wife loves the results so far.:whip:

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Damn bro... I had no idea you started a steroid cycle...

Most will recommend not only having a SERM on hand for a harsh methyl like M-Drol, but also using it... I'm not sure Formadrol is strong enough. Are you shut down at all? Balls? Other sides besides back pumps?

I can appreciate that you know your PCT sucks... so let's definitely make sure to plan a little better for the next one. There's a lot of really cool guys on this board that know a lot more than me about PCTs - I can introduce. Regardless, it appears you're doing well so far - the PCT and after PCT will be important obviously. Have you checked your blood pressure?

Also, I've never heard of anyone running M-Drol on such an obvious calorie defecit... Most people eat like horses and try to bulk on M... Just be careful going forward.. You are now finishing the 4th week of your cycle? When does PCT start?

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
I am finishing the 4th week of the PCT. Last week in Mexico with the wife and no kids it was on like I was 18 again. ;-) No problems with libido and balls still hang low so no problems there. I was eating more during the M-Drol cycle and went from 189 - 200 over the weeks, but there was a huge change in muscle tone and the gut was still shinking despite the weight gain.

While in mexico I loaded up on Taxom to be fully prepared next time and in case of gyno flare up.

Only problems assiociated with the cycle I ran besides back pumps was chest acne on the M-Drol and back acne while on the Formadrol. The wife also told me I was moody and would get pissed more than I should have (she didn't/doesn't know about the cycle). Also, I had my blood pressure checked while mid cycle and it was a tad high, but not off the charts.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
how long have you been lifting?

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
I don't recommend cardio on off days. It's been proven to hamper recovery. Either do it after lifting, or not.

Also, with your goals in mind, gain LBM and lose fat, it might be more efficient to adopt a 3 day a week full body split (until you reach your fat-loss goals) in which you focus on primarily compound movements.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
I have been lifting for a little over a year. The first 6 months was more cardio and in Feb I started hitting the weights much harder. June is when I started supplements and actually started getting immersed in it.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Just a thought but I think you jumped into a cycle too quickly. I think you still had a lot of gains left to make without the help of a cycle. Anyway... Keep with it and be sure to eat!

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Just a thought but I think you jumped into a cycle too quickly. I think you still had a lot of gains left to make without the help of a cycle. Anyway... Keep with it and be sure to eat!
Looking back I agree with you. However, being 34 I know my hormones are in check and having 3 kids (fixed the leaky pipe LOL) I was not worried about that aspect of it. I also admit I didn't know they were "steroids" until midway through. By that time I lked the positives and the negatives did not make me want to stop. Currently no regrets on taking the shorcut.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Looking back I agree with you. However, being 34 I know my hormones are in check and having 3 kids (fixed the leaky pipe LOL) I was not worried about that aspect of it. I also admit I didn't know they were "steroids" until midway through. By that time I lked the positives and the negatives did not make me want to stop. Currently no regrets on taking the shorcut.

I don't blame you... it is what it is. I wouldn't have recommended it, but as long as you're happy.

Glad you kept calories high throughout cycle.

I understand the above point with cardio on off days, but the way I interpret your goals - I don't necessarily agree.

I believe you are looking to add some mass - hence the cycle, but also reduce bodyfay. I do not see medium intensity training affecting your recovery. Put the treadmill at a 10% incline for 30 minutes at 3.5 MPH and just go... Drink some BCAA's during to prevent catabolism. I'd focus on reducing the fat, and worry about muscle growth on cycle, since it seems like you're going to run another no matter what anyone tells you... ;-) You're battling three main goals that are hard to achieve at the same time... Low fat, increased LBM, and cardio health / capacity...

Also, probably a good call not telling the wife initially, but if you continue to incorporate this into your life, it would be good to have her support. Just don't call them steriods for the love of god.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Congrats on the weight drop.

You look alot angrier in the second pictures.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
I don't blame you... it is what it is. I wouldn't have recommended it, but as long as you're happy.

Glad you kept calories high throughout cycle.

I understand the above point with cardio on off days, but the way I interpret your goals - I don't necessarily agree.

I believe you are looking to add some mass - hence the cycle, but also reduce bodyfay. I do not see medium intensity training affecting your recovery. Put the treadmill at a 10% incline for 30 minutes at 3.5 MPH and just go... Drink some BCAA's during to prevent catabolism. I'd focus on reducing the fat, and worry about muscle growth on cycle, since it seems like you're going to run another no matter what anyone tells you... ;-) You're battling three main goals that are hard to achieve at the same time... Low fat, increased LBM, and cardio health / capacity...

Also, probably a good call not telling the wife initially, but if you continue to incorporate this into your life, it would be good to have her support. Just don't call them steriods for the love of god.

I appreciate the input/critique. I do have concerns about the belly, but I fit in a size 34 now which is actually below my goal. I am not sure I am committed enough to get a six pack and I personally prefer mass and size to crazy definition. That might change later after I get more mass though.

I have let her know my intentions and she was with me when I bought the Tamox at the pharmacy in Mexico. I think she would be fine with the Prohormone name vs. the one you mentioned.

I think my goals are in the following order for the next year. Build more mass on my upper body (chest, arms and shoulders)and keep reducing the gut through diet and cardio.

Once I accomplish that I will determine if a 6 pack is within reach. Also, if the Ragnarok is what some claim it is then I might forgo the next cycle.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Congrats on the weight drop.

You look alot angrier in the second pictures.
LMAO. Well the first pics I had the skin tone of the joker and his goofy ass smile. The second pics I was determined to look like a bad ass (didn't pull it off).

Intentional pics without the shirt are not something I am well trained at.

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
WHY SERIOUS!!??????!!!!! BECAUSE!!!!

NICE weight loss'!!

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
LMAO. Well the first pics I had the skin tone of the joker and his goofy ass smile. The second pics I was determined to look like a bad ass (didn't pull it off).

Intentional pics without the shirt are not something I am well trained at.
No sweat man i was just playn with you, but seriously you've dropped a helluva lot of weight, thats the hard part, now you get to eat again and slab some muscle on that frame.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
No sweat man i was just playn with you, but seriously you've dropped a helluva lot of weight, thats the hard part, now you get to eat again and slab some muscle on that frame.
All is good. I can laugh at myself. No reason to take things too serious.

I appreciate the feedback and it is good to hear positive from people. I have a family pool party in August and haven't seen most of them since the last pics. I am looking forward to it now.

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
All is good. I can laugh at myself. No reason to take things too serious.

I appreciate the feedback and it is good to hear positive from people. I have a family pool party in August and haven't seen most of them since the last pics. I am looking forward to it now.
ahhh dude i love that... ill go into hidding for 4 months at a time just to come out and shock ppl.. makes the sacrifices soooo much more rewarding

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I have a family pool party in August and haven't seen most of them since the last pics. I am looking forward to it now.
I'm with DreamOfWeight. I love the reaction I get when people see me now compared to where I was. They'll see me again in 4 months and be shocked again.

Dude, you're seriously gonna shock & awe the hell outta the family. :clap2:

One thing, I don't know if it's been addressed yet or not are the stretch marks you have on your core. Have you tried using anything to help firm up the skin there or thought of anything like java lather + flawless?

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
Once I accomplish that I will determine if a 6 pack is within reach. Also, if the Ragnarok is what some claim it is then I might forgo the next cycle.
good work so far!!! fantastic improvement!

if you stick with this lifestyle over time you will eventually get bored and go for the 6 pack. it's like the holy grail of bbing!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Boy this thread went off-track in a

HURRY!!!

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Lost Lagoon at Sea World. Unfortunately those were the only pics I could find to give a before version.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
TimberLakers and others;

I have been researching like crazy the last few days and wanted to see what folks thought of the following schedule? Sorry in advance for the format, but I included the doc file.

Supplements would include:
Ragnarok (Creatine + extras)
Whey Protein
Fish Oil
MultiVitamin
Taurine

Sunday:
OFF

Monday: Lactate-inducing workout 1 + 20-30 minutes of steady-state aerobic work

Station Exercise Reps Sets
1-A Bench Press 10 3
1-B Bent Over Rows 10 3
Rest 1- 2 Minutes between SuperSets
2-C Crunches 20 3
2-D Back Machine 10 3
3-E Military Press 10 3
3-F Lat Pull Down 10 3
4-G Side Bend Left 10 3
4-H Side Bend Right 10 3
5-I Triceps Extension 10 3
5-J Bicep Curl 10 3
6-K Leg Extensions 10 3
6-L Leg Press 10 3
20+ Minutes on the Elliptical

Tuesday:
OFF

Wednesday: Heavy lifting chest/back + Alactic work

Exercise Reps Sets
Dumbell Press 10 3
DB Flies 10 3
Rest 2 minutes
Pull Ups 10 3
Another Back Exercise 10 3
Rest 2 minutes

Sprints
4 x 30m (120m total) + 3 x 60m (180m total) = 300m

Thursday : Lactate-inducing workout 2 + 20-30 minutes of steady-state aerobic work

Station Exercise Reps Sets
1-A Bench Press 10 3
1-B Bent Over Rows 10 3
2-C Crunches 20 3
2-D Back Machine 10 3
3-E Military Press 10 3
3-F Lat Pull Down 10 3
4-G Side Bend Left 10 3
4-H Side Bend Right 10 3
5-I Triceps Extension 10 3
5-J Bicep Curl 10 3
6-K Leg Extensions 10 3
6-L Leg Press 10 3
20+ Minutes on the Eliptical

Friday:
OFF

Saturday: Heavy lifting quads/hams

Exercise Reps Sets
Lunges (Each Leg) 10 3
Dumbbell Squat To A Bench 10 3
Leg Press 10 3
Leg Extension 10 3

Rest 2 minutes

Hamsting Kickbacks 10 3
Lying Leg Curls 10 3

Attachments

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Good work so far. Commitment is the hard part, losing the weight is the easy part!

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
This kind of goes to my prior comments... If you're "on" you might be able to work out the same body part 2 or 3 times a week... but if you're just on a creatine cycle - I'd run a 4 or 5 day split to give your muscles more time to grow.

Regardless, you're still in the gym - still busting your ass - so everything else is just details.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
This kind of goes to my prior comments... If you're "on" you might be able to work out the same body part 2 or 3 times a week... but if you're just on a creatine cycle - I'd run a 4 or 5 day split to give your muscles more time to grow.

Regardless, you're still in the gym - still busting your ass - so everything else is just details.
I was researching and found this article on T-Nation and it seemed to make sense for getting rid of the fat without losing too much mass.

http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1499282

and I found the following as a decent set of exercises that are available to me.
http://www.sungjado.org/Information/peripheral_heart_action_exercises.htm

arizonanewbie

arizonanewbie

Awards
Good work! When you get down to hard facts you realize that you probably just added years to your life by loosing the fat. It really is that simple.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Sorry I didn't respond yet bro. Can't really speak to those programs you posted as I haven't used them, can only give you ideas about what I have done - otherwise its not really advice... Its guesswork.

But I think you should start a log on your workouts on here. You can help someone else trying to do the same thing you are having so much success with.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Nice work man, you show that hard work pays off my friend. I hope you can continue to improve and enjoy creating a body you like!

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
I have to admit that I was worried about posting pics knowing that I am not a finished product or where I want to be. Many of the posts go from fat to a 6 pack and dramatic improvement. When I started working out and dieting last year I was trying to lose some weight only with minimal working out. It was not until Jan/February that I decidide to change my goal to building muscle rather than losing weight.

Even then, it was not until 3 months ago that I truly committed to not acheiving my 4 workouts per week. Last week I took it another step by dropping cokes and beer/alchohol and ensuring I drink 1 - 1.5 gallons of water.

Many folks that have posted here and on BB.com are very inspirational to guys like me that let their self go for way too long,

metalman302

metalman302

Awards
Wow huge improvement!

In the after pics you look like you have the structure to be able to get huge. ( mesomorph )