From Flab to fab! Ok, that was cheesy...

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
Well, I went overboard with the weightloss so I could get as low as possible so all the loose skin would tighten up, but I did it! Hardest accomplishment ever.... without a doubt. No staying in shape and health consumes me! Time to pack on that muscle I lost now!

Attachments

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Damn. Good for you. What was the time frame between the two pictures and how much weight did you lose between that time?

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
Time frame was about 2 years total. 100 lbs total as well.

The loose skin is finally starting to tighten up now, but you truly do need to get way down there for it start really happening. I'm still pretty bashful about showing myself with my shirt off, etc... of course, the 13 inch long stretch marks don't help. I'm hoping I won't need surgery to get rid of the loose skin, but I'm going to give it some time to see.

Went from a 42 inch waist to a 30 :) Let me tell you, it changes you. I think differently, act differently, and I'm SO much happier. I was in a state of depression because I hated myself so much. I thought about suicide, etc. Now I love to go and have fun and I'm proud of who I am. I'm getting into personal training/or that field and I really want to help people.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Congrats man!

ManBeast

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
Congratulations man. That's something very admirable.

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
Great transformation bro!:afro:

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
DING DING DING, you are right that was cheesy but your transformation wasnt. Congrat bro!!!:clap2:

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
That's great man, you look good.... Once you start working out, don't be afraid to eat, eat and eat(clean that is).... I wasn't as big as you were but I also lost a lot of body fat before I started pumping iron. Wait till you see how much muscle mass you can put on in your first year or two.... Stick to it and you will be very, very happy!

Edit: If that's your goal that is?

fbxdan

fbxdan

Awards
  • Established
That is an amazing transformation. I think it speaks volumes of your character, that instead of just being depressed you went out and changed your life and reached a goal. You are the man.

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
Thanks you all so much! I really hope I can help others do it too. I want others to see and feel how I do now and experience how truly good it feels to be healthy and energetic. It's good that people notice and congratulate me... without people being supportive, I never would have gotten to where I am now. I can tell you this, I'll never go back... period.

I look around our selfish, american society and everybody is looking for a quick answer because almost everyone is overweight. There isn't one. The answer is hard work, dedication, and determination. Sure, supplements help, bu they can't take the place of will power.

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
Thanks you all so much! I really hope I can help others do it too. I want others to see and feel how I do now and experience how truly good it feels to be healthy and energetic. It's good that people notice and congratulate me... without people being supportive, I never would have gotten to where I am now. I can tell you this, I'll never go back... period.

I look around our selfish, american society and everybody is looking for a quick answer because almost everyone is overweight. There isn't one. The answer is hard work, dedication, and determination. Sure, supplements help, bu they can't take the place of will power.
IF you dont mind I am going to copy and paste this into the thread Beelz started about AAS use. Very relative to the subject.

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
I certainly do not mind at all. --> just edit the spelling mistake or two first... ;)

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
congrats man that's really truly incredible

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Dude, great work, great dedication!:clap2:

riobrazilboy22

Awards
That takes some serious dedication and motivation and hard work with diet and training!

Congrats on the incredible and amazing transformation!

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Great job.....I lost 45 pounds in 6 months last year after I decided to get my act together and felt amazing doing it. I can't imagine more than doubling that as you did. CONGRATULATIONS.

Weezy06

Awards
Amazing.. it looks like 2 different people. Congratulations.

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well, I went overboard with the weightloss so I could get as low as possible so all the loose skin would tighten up, but I did it! Hardest accomplishment ever.... without a doubt. No staying in shape and health consumes me! Time to pack on that muscle I lost now!
All your hardwork paid off brother. Congrats on a job well done. Its about time you started posting again. :trout:

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
Thanks G, means a lot. I know I lost some muscle, but you know what, so what? I mentally needed to get to that thin point as fast as possible. Adding muscle, now that's the easy part... sorta :)

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
That is an amazing transformation. I think it speaks volumes of your character, that instead of just being depressed you went out and changed your life and reached a goal. You are the man.
My thoughts, exactly!

Great job!

MCL

Awards
Thanks G, means a lot. I know I lost some muscle, but you know what, so what? I mentally needed to get to that thin point as fast as possible. Adding muscle, now that's the easy part... sorta :)
Man, you've done a great job. I have also went through this process (went from 305 to 185 lbs.), and you do lose some muscle but the feeling is well worth it. After going through your transformation putting on muscle will seem easy to that. Good luck and keep up the great work.

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man! How'd the lose skin tighten up for ya? Mine's just now coming together. I held SO much of my weight around my stomach. I fear I'll need to get some of it cut off unfortunately, but time will tell. So expensive too.......

Man, you've done a great job. I have also went through this process (went from 305 to 185 lbs.), and you do lose some muscle but the feeling is well worth it. After going through your transformation putting on muscle will seem easy to that. Good luck and keep up the great work.

MCL

Awards
Thanks man! How'd the lose skin tighten up for ya? Mine's just now coming together. I held SO much of my weight around my stomach. I fear I'll need to get some of it cut off unfortunately, but time will tell. So expensive too.......
The skin for the most part seemed to tighten up. I still had a little bit that was a little loose, but it wasn't enough to make me consider having it cut off. Maybe being at a younger age had something to do with it also, I was 19-20 years old when I lost it. Good luck

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Great job, man! It's often a challenge to keep the weight off after losing it all - but I think you're in the right frame of mind to make this a permanant change.. Congratulations!

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, this changed me permanently. There's absolutely no way I'll go back. Also, I was thin when I was younger. Basically I made some bad choices, had a few health issues (not an excuse), and really just got into depression and ignored life. Slowly I became a different person. I can't believe my wife didn't leave. She truly loves me. Looking back, she REALLY wishes she would have helped open my eyes but let me make my own choices. She realizes now that she should have stepped in, but that's not her fault.

I'm almost glad it happened. Now I've got the will and determination to do anything... really.

I'm 28 now, and I really do hope the skin will tighten up. I think it's going to get most of ways there.

Thanks again for all your support. This board has truly helped along the way. It's comical the complete misconception the general public has surrounding the bodybuilding community. It's truly a healthy way of life filled with people, for the most part, who are committed to shaping their bodies for the better and improving their overall living.

It takes so much more than steroids to build and sculpt the bodies so many around here have. It's constant knowledge of your body, what goes in, what goes out, how it's feeling, how it's reacting, and how it's all meshing together. If the general public knew that those committed to the craft constantly monitor BP, cholesterol, lbm, heartrate, etc, they might have a better idea about the real world we all live in.

Right now, no, I do not put myself in the bodybuilding catergory, though a year ago I certainly did. Some of my goals have changed a bit along the way, but I can say for certain I'll be headed back down that path soon enough. One of my dreams is to step on stage at a lightweight bodybuilding competition and though it won't be this year, it will happen in the future. Regardless, I wish more people knew about the world all of us live in. It's the 1% of those of us that give us all a bad name. It's the 16 year old kids who don't understand science and health and want a quick fix, and it's the guys looking for any edge without knowing the drawbacks or doing all the research. It's those jumping in without having a clue that it's not legos and you can't just jump in and then clear your mess and start over. It's more complicated than that.

Anyway, sorry for the long tirade. Had to get that off my chest....

Great job, man! It's often a challenge to keep the weight off after losing it all - but I think you're in the right frame of mind to make this a permanant change.. Congratulations!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
:box:wow....

btw, for how long were you that large? maybe i missed it, but how long did all of this take?

you have earned the right to be as cheezy as your little heart desires :thumbsup:

2fast2live

Awards
Its awsome what you can do with discipline and determination. You have boatloads of both. You with out a doubt deserve all the praise youre getting.

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
I was that large for probably about 3-5 years. I was thin until I was about 20-ish and then started slowly (ok, quickly) putting on the weight. I started losing at 26 and am currently 28 and never going back. Took 2 years to lose it all. It was really a cycle of lose 20 fast, slow down and plateau, lose another 20, slow down, over and over again. Now things like basketball, mountain biking and training run my life.

It's hard because I'd like to do a lightweight bodybuilding competition eventually, but I like activities with a ton of cardio... so the two are very counterproductive :( BAH, too much to do!!!!!!!!

Thank you everybody for your kind words. You good people keep me going. I'm currently studing for my NASM and want to help others achieve what I have.

:box:wow....

btw, for how long were you that large? maybe i missed it, but how long did all of this take?

you have earned the right to be as cheezy as your little heart desires :thumbsup:

Synthetik

Awards
Great Job!!! Just need to handed to you on how good work, mental focus, and sacrifice reflects on a person!

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Incredible job, man. Fantastic, amazing, superb, great.

About the loose skin: p-GH might help you get it to snap back quicker. I know it makes my skin more elastic and much firmer.

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
I've been told that a couple times... think I'm gonna give it a go!

Incredible job, man. Fantastic, amazing, superb, great.

About the loose skin: p-GH might help you get it to snap back quicker. I know it makes my skin more elastic and much firmer.